Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

How about taking a cancer drug that just helps you live longer but has the side effect of maybe killing you, even if you've stopped taking it.

I have this game I play with advertised medications and the like. If the litany of possible side effects and warnings is longer than the rest of the commercial, I "win".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

How about taking a cancer drug that just helps you live longer but has the side effect of maybe killing you, even if you've stopped taking it.
Prescription drug commercials rank as some of the lowest forms of advertising out there. I think in the so-called developed world, they're only legal in the U.S. and New Zealand, and the latter's medical system isn't a private-sector bureaucratic clusterfuck.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Isn't that the one for people who are already terminal? It's such a specific ad because they've got like a 3 month window to reach their audience.

Skipp0204
Sep 3, 2011
Congratulations Rent a Center for being the first Christmas commercial I see this year.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wonder if Pamplamooose will make a comeback this year

vyst fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 1, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45Xb9vOBBc

No, you psycho bitch, we're not getting a loving salad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

vyst posted:

I wonder if Pamplamooose will make a comeback this year

No! You mustn't say such things!

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Okay wtf. I just saw an ad for "Kybella" that is solely a drug via injection for getting rid of having a double chin? The side effects were too much to even type out.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Okay wtf. I just saw an ad for "Kybella" that is solely a drug via injection for getting rid of having a double chin? The side effects were too much to even type out.

very concerned about neck fat

:911:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mister Kingdom posted:

No time has anyone not wanting a pizza ever stopped people from ordering pizza. Do they honestly believe that's a thing?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

These are the worst! I had like a 10% chance of having lung cancer last year when these were in their heaviest rotation and they made me so angry.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

Want a salad, Kaitlynnnee? How about you go get a fuckin job and buy your own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you're ordering food from somewhere you aren't ordering salads so nothing about that commercial makes sense. Also the salads they show at the end of the commercial don't look healthy at all.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

No time has anyone not wanting a pizza ever stopped people from ordering pizza. Do they honestly believe that's a thing?

Yes, it happens. In my office all the time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

If you're ordering food from somewhere you aren't ordering salads so nothing about that commercial makes sense. Also the salads they show at the end of the commercial don't look healthy at all.

well, at least it looks like they're using spinach over lettuce, which idk if that's healthy but it def tastes better

assuming its fresh which i have strong doubts about

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Every time I see that domino's commercial I think of this family guy segment.

https://youtu.be/JgJUbmGDc6k

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

well, at least it looks like they're using spinach over lettuce, which idk if that's healthy but it def tastes better

assuming its fresh which i have strong doubts about

Spinach is one of the healthiest foods you can eat, whereas iceberg lettuce is water and fiber. Also, fresh doesn't mean a whole lot either if it had been frozen.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCnKmZDpfA

this will forever be the funniest domino's ad

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DJExile posted:

The ad itself is nowhere near as funny as all the MRA tears in the comment area.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

It's not as funny as the one with Hatsune Miku, bit that also wasn't aimed at the US

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

exploding mummy posted:

It's not as funny as the one with Hatsune Miku, bit that also wasn't aimed at the US

What the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Spinach is one of the healthiest foods you can eat, whereas iceberg lettuce is water and fiber. Also, fresh doesn't mean a whole lot either if it had been frozen.

i mean for taste, fresh spinach is better, but i realized after posting that that there's a zero percent chance it's fresh from a garden so it was a dumb thing to add

i blame it on being sick

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Welp, I saw a Ford F-150 commercial while I was watching football yesterday. It's unreal how local ad-quality they are. They spend all of the money getting Denis Leary talk down on us.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The new 2017 Coralla is apparently for bad women drivers.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Toyota had a Miku campaign. That left Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaA2liN9LKM

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KFC has switched Colonel's again, this time with Vincent Kartheiser as the "hunky" Colonel.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

spooky like this! posted:

KFC has switched Colonel's again, this time with Vincent Kartheiser as the "hunky" Colonel.

I wish either Chris Farley were still alive so we could have the "fat" Colonel who always falls over things for some reason.

Or John Candy Colonel and they could both fight it out in an arena and get too winded to fight each other.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I loving hate the Jamie Foxx Verizon commercials.

So bad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that loving ford fusion ad with the woman walking through a ton of doors has the worst goddamn song

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Trivago's latest round of ads come in super loud, even relative to the other ads in the same block, even in online streaming. How the hell does that last part even work?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Sprint has a new commercial saying that there's only a 1% difference in other networks.

Haha. They're saying they're poo poo, but not by a whole lot.

Sprint: Good Enough

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

skooma512 posted:

Sprint has a new commercial saying that there's only a 1% difference in other networks.

Haha. They're saying they're poo poo, but not by a whole lot.

Sprint: Good Enough

My mom worked at Sprint HQ as middle management for a good long while so I can attest to this being pretty much true.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DJExile posted:

that loving ford fusion ad with the woman walking through a ton of doors has the worst goddamn song

I'm glad it's not just me, I hate that commercial so much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Verizon is pretty bad with their commercials too. Like their "unlimited" 20 gig plan. You just said it was 20 gig, how is that unlimited?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

spooky like this! posted:

Verizon is pretty bad with their commercials too. Like their "unlimited" 20 gig plan. You just said it was 20 gig, how is that unlimited?

You can use that 20 gigs for anything you want! :downs:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

PenguinKnight posted:

You can use that 20 gigs for anything you want! :downs:

You jest, but unless I'm mistaken I do believe that's how cell providers and ISPs get away with claiming "unlimited" data when there's a cap.

The fine print says something about how "unlimited" refers to it not being throttles or restricted. That's why it's "unlimited to 20 GB" because after that it is limited, in this limited meaning throttles to painfully slow speeds.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress the guy on the match.com ads. He's such a smug rear end in a top hat about match

Vakal
May 11, 2008

vyst posted:

gently caress the guy on the match.com ads. He's such a smug rear end in a top hat about match

Yeah, every commercial basically starts with him saying, "Hey are you single? You are! What the gently caress is wrong with you? Get on Match.com this instant you miserableness piece of human garbage."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He comes across as a machine. It's very weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The alexa commercial where the dad plays "Broken Wings" has an incest vibe to it. At least to me it does.