Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://votefinder.org/game/shine-iiii

One day, a simple man by the name of Iskra Miloslovsky brewed up a very special batch of moonshine - known simply as Shine - that changed the world forever. Much to his surprise, those who drank his creation gained extraordinary abilities - well beyond their wildest dreams! To most, Shine was just an urban legend, and Prohibition was just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol. But anytime a new power rises, so too do those who would take it for themselves...

First, a silent war broke out in New York City focused on one certain backroom speakeasy where tradesmen congregated to enjoy a drink after a hard day's work, but in the end the common man won the day against both the New York City Mafia and the newly-founded FBI, and Shine survived to spread beyond the city.

Then, Shine came to Chicago in the midst of a brutal gang war as the Outfit struggled to retain control over the city while their former boss Al Capone languished in prison, but in the end the nefarious North Side Gang crushed the Outfit and took control of the Shine trade in Chicago.

Through each bloody conflict, Shine spread further across the nation - as did the secrets of its brewing. And now, with the end of Prohibition, Shine is easy to get for anyone who wants it - young or old, rich or poor. But crafty brewers keep on experimenting with Shine recipes, and new batches pop up every day with stranger and stranger effects. In the end, nobody could have foreseen the kind of chaos a humble Russian immigrant's creation would bring to the bustling city of New Orleans. What darkness lies behind the frail veneer of this bright and lively place, as Prohibition's last dying clutches fade away and New Orleans' residents embrace the unpredictable power of Shine?

Shine III: Spirits of New Orleans, is a flavorful closed-setup game of Mafia for 33(!) players.

General Rules:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick. Specific addendums follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but the thread will be closed when the flip is posted.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick. I will nudge you via PM if I feel you're going beyond the pale.
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game. (I understand that Life Happens sometimes - in extreme cases please PM me and we'll take it from there.)
    • :siren: I politely request that unredeemable lurkers/no-content shitposters not sign up for this game, and reserve the right to turn you down if you do so!
  • Days will be ~48-60 hours (but will grow shorter as the game goes on) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Votes will be by majority, and no-lynches are possible.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule v3.0:
    • If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be permanently ON NOTICE for the rest of the game. Tut tut!
    • If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts on any subsequent game day, you will be FREELY LYNCHABLE the next day. (Your lynch will not end the day!)
    • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline (or based on mod judgment), and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.

Town (New Orleans-Aligned) Win Condition:
You win when no threats to New Orleans remain.

Player List:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. BottleKnight/Atomic Soda
  4. CapitalistPig
  5. Captain Foo
  6. DickBastardly
  7. dongsbot9000
  8. DrJeckyllTobacco
  9. Drunk Nerds
  10. got some chores tonight
  11. Infinitum
  12. Izzhov
  13. Jimmy Hats
  14. JimsonTheBetrayer
  15. Jonathan Fisk
  16. Kashuno
  17. King Burgundy
  18. Max
  19. Mayor Glowku
  20. Moatillata
  21. Mr. F!
  22. Murmur Twin
  23. OMGVBFLOL
  24. PALE SPECTRES
  25. Quidthulhu
  26. Somberbrero
  27. The Lord of Hats
  28. this is a stickup
  29. TMMadman
  30. Tobbs Gnawed
  31. tpink
  32. Truth Quark
  33. zimbomonkey

Replacement List:
1. Atomic Soda
2. AnonymousNarcotics

Podima fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Deaths:
Night 0
Aloysius Caissy, New Orleans-Aligned Cop, was beaten to death on Night 0!

Day 1
Mr. F!, aka Gaspare Fontaine, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Universal Backup}, was hauled off to the loony bin (MODKILLED) on Day 1!

Night 1
Quidthulhu, aka Lucas Rivet, New Orleans-Aligned Absorber, was filled with lead on Night 1!
PALE SPECTRES, aka Jean Matherne, Provenzano Family-Aligned Vanilla {Watcher}, was beaten to death on Night 1!
Truth Quark, aka Teresita Capello, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Universal Backup}, vanished mysteriously on Night 1!

Day 2
Jimmy Hats, aka Lucilla Provenzano, Provenzano Family-Aligned Voodoo Master*, was lynched on Day 2!

Night 2
tpink, aka Sylvestro Carolla, Carolla Family-Aligned Voodoo Master*, was filled with lead on Night 2!
Murmur Twin, aka Roland Beattie, Mama's Third Son, Black Hand Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Follower}, was incinerated on Night 2!
Kashuno, aka Gino Michel, New Orleans-Aligned Unconfirmed Mason* {Tracker}, vanished mysteriously on Night 2!

Day 3
Jimson, aka Ludovico Romagnoli, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Bus Driver}, was lynched on Day 3!

Night 3
TMMadman, aka "Mama" Ines Gareau, Black Hand Gang-Aligned Voodoo Master*, vanished mysteriously on Night 3!

Day 4
Absurd Revolver, aka Dietrich Douaron, Mama's First Son, Black Hand Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Shine Roleblocker}, was lynched on Day 4!
Somberbrero, aka Justine Carlisle, Carolla Family-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was lynched on Day 4!

Night 4
got some chores tonight, aka Scott Elliston, New Orleans-Aligned Follower {Bulletproof}, was filled with lead on Night 4!
Drunk Nerds, aka Emmelia Foret, New Orleans-Aligned Limited Lights Out Enabler {Voyeur}, vanished mysteriously on Night 4!

Day 5
Captain Foo, aka Victor Flores, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Motivator}, was lynched on Day 5!

Night 5
DickBastardly, aka Bernardo Huerta, Carolla Family-Aligned Watcher {Elite Bodyguard}, vanished mysteriously on Night 5!
Izzhov, aka Rufin Chauvert, aka Baron Samedi, New Orleans-Aligned Killer, had their soul torn away on Night 5!

Day 6
zimbomonkey, aka Edwin Studwick, New Orleans-Aligned Bartender/Unconfirmed Mason, was lynched on Day 6!

Night 6
DrAlexanderTobacco, aka Governor Oscar Allen, New Orleans-Aligned Distiller {Governor}, was beaten to death on Night 6!
Max, aka Elodia Herrera, New Orleans-Aligned Tracker {Loudmouth}, was filled with lead on Night 6!

Day 7
OMGVBFLOL, aka Siegfried Savoy, Mama's Fourth Son, Black Hand Gang-Aligned Brewer {Doublevoter}, was lynched on Day 7!

Night 7
Mayor Glowku, aka Sten Palladino, New Orleans-Aligned Bookie {Jack of All Trades}, was filled with lead on Night 7!

Day 8
dongsbot9000, aka Luis Arriola, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Doctor}, was lynched on Day 8!
Infinitum, aka Max Finnegan, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Jailer}, was lynched on Day 8!

Night 8
Nobody died on Night 8.

Day 9
Jonathan Fisk, aka Nicola Espino, New Orleans-Aligned 2-Shot Shine Scrounger, was lynched on Day 9!
this is a stickup, aka Leslie Bagley, Provenzano Family-Aligned Vanilla {Redirector}, was lynched on Day 9!

Podima fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 17, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sign me up.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
BARTENDER

a round for my pals

*Winks*

*Tips 100$*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm so in

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Shine made me blind :smith:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
In for this!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
vanilla town here we come!

In case it's not clear this is a signup

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yesssss more shine is always good times

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
wah wah wee wah

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
how many rules in the general rules are due to my actions

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hmm

looks like your speakeasy is a piece of poo poo

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

33?????? Wowwwww

In, as always :)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I literally told Kashuno today that I was going on a mafia hiatus cuz I was get salty about games. gently caress you podog

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

hmm

looks like your speakeasy is a piece of poo poo

It was until you got here :swoon:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'll play this

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm down.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sure

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
i will do this thing

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus, this is a lot of people already. I'm still dealing with role PMs, I just got too excited and opened the thread!

Note that I have held a few spots for people I know expressed specific interest in playing, but have yet to post in the thread.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRXcpBIteEM&t=24s

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
je jouer

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Well this is gonna be several days of no lynches and general shittyness. Hate you Podima.

Am in.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

It was until you got here :swoon:

;-*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Plz invite azuth and mayor glowku: the best players ever.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
dibs

I was going to put ff2 up but ill wait now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman, Shine I posted:

MMT is the true town hero here.

SirSamVimes, Shine II posted:

It was a real close game. Town did well, but MMT was a great scum player.

Yay it's back! Breaking a three-month hiatus for this one.

I don't care what alignment I am but please put me on Jimson's team, thanks :guinness::palmon:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I literally told Kashuno today that I was going on a mafia hiatus cuz I was get salty about games. gently caress you podog

:glomp:

You and me, friend.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Murmur Twin posted:

Yay it's back! Breaking a three-month hiatus for this one.

I don't care what alignment I am but please put me on Jimson's team, thanks :guinness::palmon:

This thing

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I should finally play in one of these.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'll be honest, i thought shine was some anime thing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i'll be honest, i thought shine was some anime thing.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Sign me up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Izzhov posted:

Sign me up.

:neckbeard:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Wow what an obvious attempt to get on my good side #vote TMMadman

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
ANOTHER Shine game? Sign me right up! (And thank you to the awesome MMT for giving me a heads-up about it! A permanent MVP in my book. :tipshat:)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, I was just in New Orleans two months ago, so I basically have the game all figured out already. :agesilaus:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

tpink posted:

ANOTHER Shine game? Sign me right up! (And thank you to the awesome MMT for giving me a heads-up about it! A permanent MVP in my book. :tipshat:)

Your avatar alone makes it worth having you back :j:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'd like to get in on this since I logged your last game so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
In.

• Locked thread