Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They could just make other languages a toggle, like Granblue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fate is pretty successful in the west as far as a niche Japanese series like it can be considered and it still actively gets English releases with the exception of one game that came when the PSP was dead in the west. That being said a Granblue toggle would turn out better than an actual US release since people don't need to give up their poo poo if they don't want to and and it doesn't need an American or European distributor.

I would also assume DW and Aniplex know a sizeable portion of the playerbase speaks English and would want to incentivize them with making the story and character stuff readable to them.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's seriously loving bonkers that they go to so much effort when they could just make it so it's convenient for the customers. Like I get it's literally 20 guys paying their salaries through whaling but c'mon.

I wonder how long until some tentative release to North America, partner up with Funimation or Crunchyroll; let us transfer our accounts.
DW didn't really care about the APK cracking until cheat APKs started proliferating. It's all china's fault. :v:

As for US release, dunno if it's ever happen. For one, the userbase is already in the Japan servers.
For another, Fate is unusually dense for a mobile game and it's only gotten more so. In the recent Machi Asobi stream and a related Nasu blogpost they mentioned Babylon was about 50% longer than Camelot and that Shiokawa had just received the scenario which he read in the plane over, but only managed to go through half because it was a loving thousand-page PDF.
Getting that translated with an acceptable level of quality takes big bucks, big delays or both. (From what I hear GBF's english version is mediocre at best?)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 16, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh mygod I'm so fuckin excited for Babylon, you don't know how much I wanna drop some quartzes on Gil

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What Perfare actually did was make a proof of concept plugin that should make cracked APKs entirely obsolete since it's just something you stuff into a rooted device. I have no idea how to apply it though :downs:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like the 2016 halloween event's gimmick is going to be a 4 Servant team.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're getting Vlad Extra as a 4* Lancer and Cleopatra as a 5* Assassin in the upcoming Gacha for Halloween. She's also been drawn by Komatsuzaki so don't expect an interesting design.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Boy that sure is an image that comes to mind when I hear the word 'Cleopatra'

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Who keeps letting the Dangan Rompa Man make servants

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will forever maintain that Edmond looks good and is great, but yeah this kinda sucks

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

wet your whistlers mother posted:

We're getting Vlad Extra as a 4* Lancer and Cleopatra as a 5* Assassin in the upcoming Gacha for Halloween. She's also been drawn by Komatsuzaki so don't expect an interesting design.

Better than Jack's design but I'll wait until I see some ascension pics.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Cleopatra, one of the most beautiful woman in ancient history.

Dangan Rompa art.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I think we can all agree that it's better the Danganronpa man does servant art than... whoever was responsible for Nightingale

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vlad Extra looks a lot cooler than Cleopatra and I kinda want him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HiveCommander posted:

I think we can all agree that it's better the Danganronpa man does servant art than... whoever was responsible for Nightingale

The dude who made Jormungand. I don't see much of a problem with Nightingale tbh, she's not like offensive or anything just kinda forgettable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Except in most of the CE's she's in where her design becomes amazing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also for the record the SMT4A version of Cleopatra had a really nice design so that kinda makes this even more disappointing.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Unless she out edgelords the edgelord, I would rather get extra lancer instead

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

wet your whistlers mother posted:

Except in most of the CE's she's in where her design becomes amazing.

And the fanart

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vlad Extra deal extra damage to Evil trait. Only one archer servant is evil. :doh:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Where's my wife Semiramis

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hmmm, looks like Cleopatra is an assassin. Also for some reason I'm reminded of that scene from Dracula Untold where Vlad took on the whole turk army alone after awakening.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

InfinityComplex posted:

Unless she out edgelords the edgelord, I would rather get extra lancer instead
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/57x7jj/cleopatra_preview_profile/

quote:

The tragic queen whose beauty went down in history, Cleopatra VII. As the last queen of the Ptolemaic dynasty, she is the last real pharaoh of ancient Egypt. Though many depictions portray her as a bewitching beauty who made the country her personal possession and lost herself in love, the reality is the exact opposite. Highly intelligent, and an economic genius in particular, under this "top lady"'s leadership Ptolemaic Egypt, though lacking military strength, became a leading economic power. "Beauty is truth. And I am beauty. Well? Is there anything else I should say?"

They're already calling her CEOpatra.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

While I normally like the Danganronpa art style I'm not feeling the Cleopatra design. It just looks...off for some reason.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Like, DanganRonpa art isn't bad, but design wise, it really is a letdown. And also, I was thinking she would be a Caster, but I guess Nitocris already fit the bill for Egyptian Caster.

Kyte posted:

They're already calling her CEOpatra.

This, I can get behind though. At least her lore interpretation sounds interesting.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Compendium posted:

Like, DanganRonpa art isn't bad, but design wise, it really is a letdown. And also, I was thinking she would be a Caster, but I guess Nitocris already fit the bill for Egyptian Caster.

Nitocris also has really good design and i hope i get her someday, even though i already have too many Casters.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I kinda like the hot pants and stockings, a sort of like, teenage goth punk style. I'd need to see the sprites now.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

teenage goth punk style

So basically just Dangan Ronpa

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My point is that she seems like she's dressed more like a normal person and this stands out for me.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well I'm looking forward to Caesar coming back to the plot, at least.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At least she's not half-naked and/or 10-year old, which puts her leagues ahead of quite a few designs in this game

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Wuxi posted:

At least she's not half-naked and/or 10-year old, which puts her leagues ahead of quite a few designs in this game

Jack the Stripper is a very questionable design for any series

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wuxi posted:

At least she's not half-naked

Let's wait for ascencions

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Vlad will always be an uncle.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Argh, should I spend apples and try to farm for the CE's or if they haven't dropped yet its a lost cause? I've basically cleared the store just from guerilla quests.

Is Maid and Vampire CE's super good to have LB? It's been a long time since they were out right?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Maid is the best hp recovery CE, I grab two more spare just for the future heal tank team or whatever.

Vampire CE is one of the few best CE for buster when it's maxed. Otherwise, don't bother.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nyaa posted:

future heal tank team

so martha, jeanne, irisviel, and medea lily

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
As the art suggests, putting Maid CE on Tamacat basically allows you to create Schrödinger's Wife, she is alive until she observes a critical hit

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Maid is the best hp recovery CE, I grab two more spare just for the future heal tank team or whatever.

Vampire CE is one of the few best CE for buster when it's maxed. Otherwise, don't bother.

Better to put MIH in the healee and Reika in the healer. They stack, after all.
(Add Iri's new CE for even more healing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Even the final art gargles balls