Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Data Graham posted:

For the Night Watch, think Stasi/"rat out your neighbors" a la eastern bloc. It becomes very clear.

Or just the Gestapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, better analogy. Slipped my mind somehow.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Three episodes into season 3, probably gonna watch another tonight.

That entire elevator scene with G'Kar and Londo is incredible. I'm sure other people have said it, but the fact G'Kar refuses to help in any way instead of the classic "enemies team up" situation is hysterical and really demonstrative of their rivalry.

So Dr. Franklin has a stim addiction, which sucks, but it got me thinking. I remember his teacher, that guy who worked for President Clark, was taking stims while he was on the run. I think I only really remembered it because I didn't realize there was technology like stims in this universe until then. Now that I know it can be addictive, what's the likelihood of Franklin picking up some bad lessons from his mentor?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nerdman42 posted:

That entire elevator scene with G'Kar and Londo is incredible. I'm sure other people have said it, but the fact G'Kar refuses to help in any way instead of the classic "enemies team up" situation is hysterical and really demonstrative of their rivalry.

OTOH, the Zack/Lyta elevator scene in Thirdspace is just excruciating. I remember it being kinda funny and getting laughs from the crowd in the theater, but my god it does not hold up.

I feel like maybe they were trying to recapture the "elevator scene" magic, but it just wasn't gonna happen twice. A bigger waste of five minutes of screen time I have never seen.

Dirty posted:

Definitely not interested in hearing any of those. Nope. Not at all. ;)

Well—it has to do with certain easter eggs that might actually get someone in trouble if I elaborated here. I'll PM anyone interested.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 18, 2016

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

DrBouvenstein posted:

I mean...there's still the whole Earth Civil War thing going on...
The actor who played Bob Kelso on Scrubs was also a badguy captain in the upcoming civil war episodes. Which unfortunately just makes me wish someone had made a B5/Bob Kelso quote mashup by now. :negative:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

nerdman42 posted:

I heard a possibly apocryphal story about how G'Kar's actor ad-libbed the hysterical laughing while JMS was on set, prompting JMS to have to investigate what scene they were shooting because he was completely lost.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

DrBouvenstein posted:

Also, that awkward elevator scene with Zack trying to hit on a telepathically possessed Lyta is hilarious.

uggghhhhhhh h

Honestly none of the movies really do it for me. Even In The Beginning is only barely "okay".

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

That death of personality poo poo is hosed up

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

Parts Kit posted:

The actor who played Bob Kelso on Scrubs was also a badguy captain in the upcoming civil war episodes. Which unfortunately just makes me wish someone had made a B5/Bob Kelso quote mashup by now. :negative:
I think he's only in the one episode, unfortunately. Although I remember his delivery being a bit odd at times. For example, the way he says "Those are Sheridan's forces" sounds really awkward. To me at least.

Data Graham posted:

OTOH, the Zack/Lyta elevator scene in Thirdspace is just excruciating. I remember it being kinda funny and getting laughs from the crowd in the theater, but my god it does not hold up.
Yeah, I remember not liking it at the time. You could sort of tell how it was going to go as soon as they both stepped in. I remember thinking "this feels like filler", so was unsurprised to read years later that that's exactly what it was.

Data Graham posted:

Well—it has to do with certain easter eggs that might actually get someone in trouble if I elaborated here. I'll PM anyone interested.
If you're okay with it, I'm interested. :)

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Data Graham posted:

I feel like maybe they were trying to recapture the "elevator scene" magic, but it just wasn't gonna happen twice. A bigger waste of five minutes of screen time I have never seen.

I'm pretty sure they only shot that scene because they were short of a certain runtime, so they wrote that scene in quickly.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Yes please

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Count me in.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Data Graham posted:

I WANT TO KNOW MORE

(yes, I know, wrong space-fascists :v: )

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm totally interested in hearing more behind-the-scenes B5 stuff.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I'd also like to know, but I lack PMs, unfortunately. :(

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

PM bandwagon? Might as well. It was B5 that got me platinum, so might as well make the most of it.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Airspace posted:

I'd also like to know, but I lack PMs, unfortunately. :(

Me too. I want in on the gossip. :(

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Oh wow it's uh not exactly what you'd expect, thanks DG

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Well, poo poo, now I have to know.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
I want the PM easter egg too!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Yeah, I have to know this, too. Pass it this way, if you don't mind!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Timby posted:

Well, poo poo, now I have to know.

Me too!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Same, I gotta know.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Count me in, I just got the DVDs and already see where there's a lot of room for drama.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Same here

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Okay. :staredog:

I agree with MrL_JaKiri.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The 90s nostalgia in here is incredible, it's like a Usenet newsgroup post-AOL-invasion :v:

Anyway, "The Illusion of Truth" is amazing. I can't believe some of the ways this show chooses to have its fun:

"Let's see what's on. With our luck it'll probably be a commercial." *cut to commercial* Fuuuuuck, you actually did it, you maniacs

and then:

In a morass of sillly future predictions, this one's eerily close

Then again, "Dan Randall" :thumbsup:

And

Jumping the gun a little :newlol:

"Helsinki Syndrome" pfff

But then that silent scene at the end was a pretty innovative move

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 19, 2016

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

gently caress you all. All right I upgrade my loving account, someone PM me the juicy gossip. I must KNOW!!

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

The curiosity is too much, I have to know too!

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
drat, this is too intriguing to let slip by. PM me up, someone?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

lol you guys, you probably actually don't want to know.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Alright then, I'm curious too.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Is it Crusader bad? Ranger-movie bad? or just boring?

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Oh man, I totally missed that this thread existed after the last one closed. I'm missing all the B5 chat!

And PM plz.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

adhuin posted:

Is it Crusader bad? Ranger-movie bad? or just boring?

It's pretty bad. turn left has the right idea.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

gently caress you all. All right I upgrade my loving account, someone PM me the juicy gossip. I must KNOW!!

Oh, oh dear

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Pretty please :ohdear:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Count me in !

I haven't been this excited since I got a Jeff Conway autograph on his card from the B5 CCG.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Man, and we all thought he Zima sign was horrible back in the day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Data Graham posted:

If you don't mind. :)