Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Should have jumped on last night Mail so we could have made Nicko stop playing elite and some guy stop playing rainbow six to try this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
logged in to Xbox one today, got a 3.9 gb update, what the hell is this new home screen? Nothing makes sense and you can't see poo poo

:dice:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Nick I made a guy quit BF4 altogether, screenshot coming

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I left too soon 😫

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
You left at the right time. We only hit our quota once, the rest of the rounds consisted of locker, getting spammed with locks, and us having to solo the other teams armor convoy.

We also couldn't get the glitch to work.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

And then he quit out.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 9, 2016

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
lol

He couldn't handle your lav I'm assuming. How many tbags?

Was that from last night?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

lol

He couldn't handle your lav I'm assuming. How many tbags?

Was that from last night?

Nah today. He bailed out of his LAV, I stole it and he blew me up before I could get away and teabagged me. I respawned in the AA tank, zuni'd and teabagged him and then proceeded to kill him over and over and over through 3+ maps. Including running him over twice in a row.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
lol that moment when he saw you in the AA he knew he hosed up.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Laminator posted:

logged in to Xbox one today, got a 3.9 gb update, what the hell is this new home screen? Nothing makes sense and you can't see poo poo

:dice:

Sony updated the PS4 firmware a few weeks back and made it even worse as well. It's like six layers of bullshit to get to the right "audio" menu. At least games you have installed or played recently are right on the main bar.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
White text on white background is really excellent and easy to read

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Laminator posted:

White text on white background is really excellent and easy to read

Maybe it's supposed to be hidden text. On the PS4 I seriously can't figure out how to navigate of the stuff available. I don't think it's really bad design, but the Xbox360's marketplace and panels were just so intuitive compared to what they have here.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Has anyone done the Community Mission for the BF1 m1911 skin: https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-to-battlefield-1-incarcerator-mission

I finished it last night but Battlelog doesn't show anything about the reward after I click the claim button.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lol. I love "#1 HELO CLAN" that only plays on Shanghai, the map without an AA, and actively bans anyone using stingers or iglas. And then banned me for hitting one with a smaw. truly elite.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

sunday at work posted:

Has anyone done the Community Mission for the BF1 m1911 skin: https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-to-battlefield-1-incarcerator-mission

I finished it last night but Battlelog doesn't show anything about the reward after I click the claim button.

Ugh 100 kills with a side-arm seems grindy as poo poo and tedious at best.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sioux posted:

Ugh 100 kills with a side-arm seems grindy as poo poo and tedious at best.

I managed to do it in a few hours playing Rush matches. Wasn't as bad as I thought. It's also tracked under the Missions tab in Battlelog in-game which is helpful.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I will try to get one hundred 1911 kills in one day for this thing

edit: rounds complete! also, its hilarious to match or even out kill the other team when using only a pistol on conquest large. get good, sniper poo poo lords
Locker:

Zavod:

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 17, 2016

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Pre nerf the Deagle was unstoppable.

https://youtu.be/uSD2ZQbI4fs

Chemmy fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 17, 2016

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
deagle? never heard of her

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/bf87a91c-295b-4e7b-a754-a2565d0423e0/embed

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Someone must have planted a boss beacon to get you a flank like that.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That was one of the better locker rounds. No one even attempted to search for the beacon

red19fire
May 26, 2010

FastestGunAlive posted:

That was one of the better locker rounds. No one even attempted to search for the beacon

My favorite thing is standing behind a PRO MLG HIDDEN BEACON in a zavod pillbox or outside locker and drilling like 7 dudes in a row. The worst is when a pubby shoots a beacon immediately. It's the :qq: tree, dude, and must be harvested.

E: also I learned that the spazzes you see jumping everywhere, that's a PRO MLG move :allears:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

red19fire posted:

My favorite thing is standing behind a PRO MLG HIDDEN BEACON in a zavod pillbox or outside locker and drilling like 7 dudes in a row. The worst is when a pubby shoots a beacon immediately. It's the :qq: tree, dude, and must be harvested.

E: also I learned that the spazzes you see jumping everywhere, that's a PRO MLG move :allears:

Love it when they set it up so they spawn facing the wall. I'll kind of miss beacons when battlefield one drops.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

red19fire posted:

Or its a holdover habit from old school FPS games. I still bunny hop everywhere, its just engrained.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
Mail so no bf1 on release right?

We're gonna wait a bit?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I'd guess that you guys would be extremely into BF1 since tanks are pretty much unstoppable.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Ughhh, not going to be able to start playing BF1 until tonight and it's killing me. Loved the beta overall.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just bought the early enlister version even though I can only play for an hour per day.

Just wanted an excuse to buy digital though because taking the disc in and out for ps4 bf4 was annoying. Anything I'm gonna play 100+ hours of goes digital.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

thenicko33 posted:

Mail so no bf1 on release right?

We're gonna wait a bit?

Nah y'all getting it this weekend so we can stomp on the clueless pubbies who don't have any at options unlocked. Plus there might be some good release glitches we can use to grief

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I would buy the digital but I'm waiting until Cyber Monday to buy an external for my Xbox.

Amazon says my copy will be here on the 25th. Probably going to cancel that an pick up the vanilla edition at the GameStop around the corner.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
Griefing? Fresh meat? Release glitches? Not gonna lie, that is a very compelling argument. Getting kinda hard thinking about all the fresh meat.

Speaking of griefing, Broman do you still have that terraria image where you guys destroyed someone's castle and wrote "deal with it" on screen? I wanna show a friend.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My face watching the BF1 intro with new Dolby Atmos enabled surround sound receiver/speakers :stare: :stare: :stare: :catstare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :catstare: :qq:

EA games aren't supposed to make you emotional god dammit

Add leidend on psn to get the descendant of those kraut bastards to play with

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
It will be unplayable for 3 months but im not opposed to getting it this weekend.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

thenicko33 posted:

Griefing? Fresh meat? Release glitches? Not gonna lie, that is a very compelling argument. Getting kinda hard thinking about all the fresh meat.

Speaking of griefing, Broman do you still have that terraria image where you guys destroyed someone's castle and wrote "deal with it" on screen? I wanna show a friend.

yeah, knocking over kids sandcastles and gloating about it online is real mature and funny

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
oh wow nick you just got served fam

At one point I figured out a guy's respawn point, so I dynamited a huge pit underneath it and got him stuck in an endless loop of spawning in only to fall to his death before spawning in again.

I miss terraria

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 19, 2016

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
ohhhhhhh dammmmmmn

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Please be polite to people online - it's the something awful way

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
I'm all for griefing in video games as an alternate way to have fun with them. But dude is right though. You guys are loving dipshits. Please play BF4 forever and don't buy BF1.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
People take their terraria serious around here... but alright I won't buy battlefield one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I dunno, I love me some BF4 and they've finally gotten it to where it should be (except BS AT-Mine and C4 nerfs) but at this point I've seen all it has to offer. My eyes are assaulted by it's color palette, I'm tired of using the same 4 guns. I'm tired of only playing engineer. Medic is no fun unless you play locker. Support sucks because C4 is nerfed. Suppression still doesn't work the way I think it should.

Every time I play a map I feel it plays out in exactly the same way. I may come back to in months down the line for a bit of a reminder of the good times.

• Locked thread