Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Jastiger posted:

Ive already pre loaded civ 6 through steam. Can i still refund it and do the gmg thing?

I just did it. The refund was approved within a couple of hours.

Had to manually delete the first pre-load, but there wasn't any problem activating the GMG key and pre-loading again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

e; poo poo was on my girl's account, ignore this

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Okay let's try this on my real account.

splifyphus posted:

Can't think of any reason that moving to Australia temporarily won't be a thing.

lol I assume it's just an incidental speck on the map, but this makes it look like the Isle of Mann is under an embargo like Iran and North Korea are.

Anyway I was planning to hold off on this until a sale, or at least until some reviews were in, but I'm clearly not going to do so and will be preordering imminently with money I most certainly do not have :downs:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/kristoncapps/status/788519236540960768

https://twitter.com/kristoncapps/status/788522098402746368

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

loving duh. TEDDY.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

holy gently caress now i wish im a corrupt washington lobbyist

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there an additional exchange rate fee for gmg that offsets the sale price?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I had forgotten all about this right up until a friend sends me the codes for the deluxe edition + aztecs even better it only cost :10bux: :10bux: :getin: R* staff store! I was quite disappointed with BE even after rising tide, endless legend has been my go to for a long time now interested to see if this usurps it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay let's try this on my real account.

lol I assume it's just an incidental speck on the map, but this makes it look like the Isle of Mann is under an embargo like Iran and North Korea are.

Anyway I was planning to hold off on this until a sale, or at least until some reviews were in, but I'm clearly not going to do so and will be preordering imminently with money I most certainly do not have :downs:

Looks like the same for Puerto Rico. Weird map.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I'm going to play as Egypt and ally with La Venta and cover my land with sphinxes and giant heads. :henget:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
With national parks as a thing, this is the closest we have ever been to having Canada as a meaningful civ choice.

Just for gently caress sakes please don't make their unit the RCMP. How about a special forestry worker?

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 19, 2016

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I will be going Sumeria and either going peaceful to spam a couple of Ziggurats or take out the closest city state with War Carts.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

holy gently caress now i wish im a corrupt washington lobbyist
I work a few blocks from there and did not know that this was happening. :(

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 31, 2022

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Anyone with the GMG can tell me what the name of the game is in Steam?I got it but it only says Civilization 6 and nothing about deluxe edition, same with the Aztec DLC.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If you look at it on the games tab, you should get this box a little bit below the preload button:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, all those black spots on the release map for Civ VI? Someone went and looked into why some of those places wouldn't be getting the game, then wrote a blog post about it. Kind of interesting, I suppose.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
GMG rejected my card on multiple attempts so back to the standard edition via Steam, I guess :v:

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you look at it on the games tab, you should get this box a little bit below the preload button:

Thanks you goonsir.Right there where you told it was going to be.I'm embarrassingly rusty with Steam.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

rocket_Magnet posted:

I had forgotten all about this right up until a friend sends me the codes for the deluxe edition + aztecs even better it only cost :10bux: :10bux: :getin: R* staff store! I was quite disappointed with BE even after rising tide, endless legend has been my go to for a long time now interested to see if this usurps it.

In case you didn't notice it, EL had a new DLC last week. Could keep you busy until Friday.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Also just refunded my Steam store standard edition and got the GMG deluxe one, with the keys sent instantly. There was even more of a discount when I signed in, so I've only paid £2 extra over the Steam standard. With these discounts they must be crazy!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is there a discount on Civ VI on GMG? I don't see any on their website. I'm in the US if that matters.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Some US peeps said earlier 2k wasn't allowing discounts in the US. Which sounds like a stupid idea, but 2k do a lot of stupid things. So you might be out of luck.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Roland Jones posted:

So, all those black spots on the release map for Civ VI? Someone went and looked into why some of those places wouldn't be getting the game, then wrote a blog post about it. Kind of interesting, I suppose.

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, it boils down to "I don't know why they can't play, they used to have an embargo but don't anymore so hopefully they get the game soon!"

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, it boils down to "I don't know why they can't play, they used to have an embargo but don't anymore so hopefully they get the game soon!"

I was hoping he would reveal Ali Khamenei's CivFanatics username and whether he was angrier about having Catherine De Medici as the leader of France or 1UPT still being a thing.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

IcePhoenix posted:

The article even straight up skipped over Syria and Eritrea.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Is there known info about nukes? Except for how they look when they explode.
Do they follow the same rules as other units regarding used resources, so 1-2 uranium and you can build as many as you can afford? What about their range, are there ICBM's?

Lots of questions about nukes.

I don't like nuclear war in Civ5, because there never isn't one. Just 1 or 2 random missiles and that's it. Every now and then I just want to see the world burn.

edit: can you destroy wonders with nukes?

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 19, 2016

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rexides posted:

I was hoping he would reveal Ali Khamenei's CivFanatics username and whether he was angrier about having Catherine De Medici as the leader of France or 1UPT still being a thing.

Well if I were him I'd be angrier that Persia wasn't included in the starting roster of civilizations.

On the topic of that there's like no good reason why Persia isn't simply named Iran in Civ.

Hope they do get a non-Achaemenid ruler this time around when they do arrive though.

e: Preferred candidates in that case would be Shapur the Great, Ismail I, Abbas I and Nader Shah

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 19, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gibbo posted:

With national parks as a thing, this is the closest we have ever been to having Canada as a meaningful civ choice.

Just for gently caress sakes please don't make their unit the RCMP. How about a special forestry worker?

Not a Canadian, but I think my take on them would involve bonuses with tundra and forest. For a unique unit, probably something relating to their WW2 history, particularly the Canadian part of the Normandy invasions or the liberation of the Netherlands.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wildtortilla posted:

Is there a discount on Civ VI on GMG? I don't see any on their website. I'm in the US if that matters.

It doesn't show up until you add the game to your cart.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gibbo posted:

An early 20th century infantry soldier might also be fitting. Canadians were actually quite famous as excellent shock troops and combat engineers in the First World War both among their allies and the Germans, so an infantry unit that perhaps has bonuses against fortified units and cities might make sense. Or you could have an earlier mechanized infantry as Canadians essentially invented the modern APC for use with their small highly motorized army.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Well if I were him I'd be angrier that Persia wasn't included in the starting roster of civilizations.

On the topic of that there's like no good reason why Persia isn't simply named Iran in Civ.

Hope they do get a non-Achaemenid ruler this time around when they do arrive though.

e: Preferred candidates in that case would be Shapur the Great, Ismail I, Abbas I and Nader Shah

They don't call it Iran because it's not Iran. It's Persia.

That's like saying it should be Italy instead of Rome.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Captain Fargle posted:

Iran is not a modern name. Iran is what Iranians have called the country and the empires of that country for more than two thousand years. Persia is a region in Iran and Persians but an ethnic group.

e: The area influenced by Persian language and culture is a much greater area than either Iran or Persia though. Though the extent of this influence is largely not the result of Persian Empires but rather the profusion of Persian culture among Turkish people in the Middle Ages and the rise and fall of many "Persianate" Turkish Empire from the Seljuks to the Timurids and the Mughals.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 19, 2016

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Randarkman posted:

Iran is not a modern name. Iran is what Iranians have called the country and the empires of that country for more than two thousand years. Persia is a region in Iran and Persians but an ethnic group.

Specifically, it's the Greeks who called it Persia (well, Persis) as a whole and it stuck around. Iran, Iranzamin (very old) and Iranshahr/Eranshahr (Sassanid-era) are more names for it. It really isn't new.

It will probably never be called anything but Persia in Civ though.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I was waffling on which Civ to pick first, but then I remembered Teddy Roosevelt was in the game. Prepare for some rough ridin'. :bernin:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Captain Fargle posted:

Imagine if they called the HRE Germany or something, that'd be hosed up

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
Sorry if this has been asked before. Can any of you recommend a free AUS VPN for unlocking early?

I'm so loving hyped (as with every civ release).

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Sid Meier's Regional Classification and Nomenclature Simulator

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

iFriend posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Can any of you recommend a free AUS VPN for unlocking early?

I'm so loving hyped (as with every civ release).

I think I used VyprVPN the last time I did an early unlock? Seemed to work fine. I've only ever bothered to unlock one or two games early. Civ6 fits the bill :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On thursday at 12pm I'm going to play Beyond Earth and cry for 6 hours