Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

I figure he's a Daxamite.

So we'll get him for like one episode before he keels over. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

People petitioning for a Superman CW show need to be careful what they wish for.
I like the Flash/Arrow/Supergirl crossovers we've gotten, but I don't want them to keep one going for a full season. Legends of Tomorrow burnt me out doing exactly that (though I'm all-in for some JSA, so I'm a hypocrite in some respects).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Now that I think about it, the weird-rear end boob window shirts were probably to hide the parts where the prosthetic chests merged into real skin. FX on a budget!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're probably just trying to evoke the feel of the DCAU where Metallo's shirt (and synthetic skin) were always ripped exactly the same way every time he showed up. :v:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Oglaf comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hollismason posted:

Oglaf comic.

I love the guy in the first panel with the knife in his back. He expression is so happy.

I wonder if they will do a Power Girl episode. I can certainly see them having Benoist play Kara Zor-L and well as Kara Danvers, and her pulling off the idea that the other is older.

They already did the evil clone as Bizzaro so they won't be doing the Justice League version of the story.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Looking forward to Mon-El getting shot by lead bullets and thrown into the phantom zone to save his life.

Wonder if they have the budget left to do an episode set in the 31st Century and show Mon-El with the Legion. Make THAT the super-crossover and I'd be happy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kara has to choose between Braniac and James!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if they will do a Power Girl episode.

Is there even a actress these days endowed enough to play Power Girl?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dongattack posted:

Is there even a actress these days endowed enough to play Power Girl?

I'm sure they can pad Melissa up enough to make it look crazy enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd like to see Winn react to Power Girl, He'd be all "hey Kara...WHOA HOLY CRAP!:dong:". Just give her a short wig and a really good push up bra.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mortanis posted:

Looking forward to Mon-El getting shot by lead bullets and thrown into the phantom zone to save his life.

Wonder if they have the budget left to do an episode set in the 31st Century and show Mon-El with the Legion. Make THAT the super-crossover and I'd be happy.

Isn't the crossover a traditional Legion villain?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Rumor has it Barbara Gordon may make it on the show, though whether she'll be Oracle or Batgirl is still up in the air.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if they will do a Power Girl episode. I can certainly see them having Benoist play Kara Zor-L and well as Kara Danvers, and her pulling off the idea that the other is older.

They should make it so that Power Girl is Earth-Flarrow Kara. They could even do a whole plot about Barry finding her and convincing her she has powers because he knows her double.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but Spidey's a good guy so it's conceivable he pulls his punches.

The cyborgs were actually trying to kill them.

I think that's actually official canon - Spidey does hold back - but he pulls his punches to knock them out rather than kill them. Otto being able to just shrug him off makes no sense, but it's mostly acceptable. The other options would have been for Spidey to one-shot him with the movie being half as long, or choreograph their fights so that Spidey literally never gets past the arms.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Argue posted:

They should make it so that Power Girl is Earth-Flarrow Kara. They could even do a whole plot about Barry finding her and convincing her she has powers because he knows her double.

This is really good, since we've already got a Flash villain running around giving people the powers their alternate-timeline doppelgangers had.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Given that there are no kryptonians on earth 1, we can only assume that Earth 1 is a dimension where krypton never blew up (or hasn't blown up yet) therefore kara would still be there. Or krypton blew up but they were sent to some other planet to be safe.

Speaking of which, I've never understood why such a highly advanced spacefaring race would only have 2 survivors. Did they not have colonies on other planets? Kryptonians living/working/visiting other planets? There were aliens from numerous species in that prison, so there was clearly a lively exchange of interstellar traffic. The galaxy should be littered with kryptonian refugees.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Given that there are no kryptonians on earth 1, we can only assume that Earth 1 is a dimension where krypton never blew up (or hasn't blown up yet) therefore kara would still be there. Or krypton blew up but they were sent to some other planet to be safe.

Speaking of which, I've never understood why such a highly advanced spacefaring race would only have 2 survivors. Did they not have colonies on other planets? Kryptonians living/working/visiting other planets? There were aliens from numerous species in that prison, so there was clearly a lively exchange of interstellar traffic. The galaxy should be littered with kryptonian refugees.

I think a lot of the recent incarnations have a thing about the Kryptonians having been a really stagnant, isolationist bunch towards the end.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

Actually, there's an explanation! The Eradicator prevented it because Kryptonian culture is hilariously xenophobic and doesn't want anybody out of their control. If anybody left, the Eradicator altered them so they'd die quick without a Kryptonian environment. That's how we got the Daximites.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

In Earth 1 Superman's ship fell into the sun and baby Superman died

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Actually, there's an explanation! The Eradicator prevented it because Kryptonian culture is hilariously xenophobic and doesn't want anybody out of their control. If anybody left, the Eradicator altered them so they'd die quick without a Kryptonian environment. That's how we got the Daximites.

Yeah it's changed over the years, but there's always an explanation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BreakAtmo posted:

I think that's actually official canon - Spidey does hold back - but he pulls his punches to knock them out rather than kill them. Otto being able to just shrug him off makes no sense, but it's mostly acceptable. The other options would have been for Spidey to one-shot him with the movie being half as long, or choreograph their fights so that Spidey literally never gets past the arms.

In the very first issue of Superior Spider-Man, when Doc Ock first goes out as Spider-Man, he literally punches Scorpions jaw off, and thinks "oh poo poo, Parker could have killed me any time he wanted, but never did".

Argue posted:

Only problem is now Earth-Sad would have a Superperson. Actually, they should do it in the world where the JSA on Legends is appearing, as she was part of that group, though a later addition.

I always just accepted that Krypton was just a civilization that had reached its Apex and said "we don't need anything anywhere else" and just isolated themselves from everyone and were only inward looking. That's why Jor-El was always shown to be a brilliant outcast in most adaptions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If they want Power Girl they can do another crossover, have her discovered on Flarrow Earth and then get stuck on Supergirl's Earth. Then she can be the stranger in a strange land like she's so often been in the comics and cause Kara future trouble.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm (irrationally) annoyed about Clark and Kara hanging out in National City while Superman happens to be in town. You're both super fast! You could totally have Clark continue to work in Metropolis while Superman is helping fight bad guys in National City. Kara offered to fly to Italy to pick up food for a date! Don't tell me that he wouldn't be able to handle this. You could even do some dumb sitcom subplot of him ducking out of a meeting for a few minutes to battle and then rush back (with a piece of rubble in his hair).

Okay, it's clear I wouldn't make a good TV writer. But still, Clark's visit including the goodbye at the end just seemed so "Look at us, we're on TV and the time we had with this actor is at an end!" that I got annoyed.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I don't think the mind works like that. Sure, they could eat breakfast in New York, lunch in Venice, and dinner in Japan, and no one would be the wiser, but having a set routine with the least amount of energy spent on unnecessary things is just how we like things

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

odiv posted:

I'm (irrationally) annoyed about Clark and Kara hanging out in National City while Superman happens to be in town. You're both super fast! You could totally have Clark continue to work in Metropolis while Superman is helping fight bad guys in National City. Kara offered to fly to Italy to pick up food for a date! Don't tell me that he wouldn't be able to handle this. You could even do some dumb sitcom subplot of him ducking out of a meeting for a few minutes to battle and then rush back (with a piece of rubble in his hair).

Okay, it's clear I wouldn't make a good TV writer. But still, Clark's visit including the goodbye at the end just seemed so "Look at us, we're on TV and the time we had with this actor is at an end!" that I got annoyed.

I fully expected Cat to reveal that she knew Clark was Superman and that she knew Kara was Supergirl before the show ended. Even if it was only her talking to herself.
Because, it should be super-obvious to her.

Also, I want Constantine to come back. He needs his own show again set firmly in the Arrowverse. Heck, Arrow and Flash are both in situations where he'd be helpful right about now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matt Ryan says he's always up for more Constantine but he's also super busy with other projects.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spooky like this! posted:

Matt Ryan says he's always up for more Constantine but he's also super busy with other projects.

The rumor mill says that WB released the show to streaming and now bluray to test the waters on bringing him back on the CW. I am forever hopeful.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

The rumor mill says that WB released the show to streaming and now bluray to test the waters on bringing him back on the CW. I am forever hopeful.

Yeah. I watched the whole thing on CW Seed and then pre-ordered the Blu-ray (which has arrived).

I'm Constantine's Bitch.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Wait, its streaming on the cw site now?

Cuz I will absolutely rewatch that awful show just on the off chance they bring back Constantine with better writers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mortanis posted:

I'm sure there are plans for a Legion episode or arc forward and back. Probably also an episode about her future/alternate universe and calling herself Power Girl.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Error 404 posted:

Wait, its streaming on the cw site now?

Cuz I will absolutely rewatch that awful show just on the off chance they bring back Constantine with better writers.

CW Seed website has the whole thing for free.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just remembered, we saw the Legion flight ring in one of the flashes when Flash traveled between worlds didn't we?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

I just remembered, we saw the Legion flight ring in one of the flashes when Flash traveled between worlds didn't we?

As well as in the Fortress of Solitude.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

As well as in the Fortress of Solitude.

We did see that in Supergirl, but I am 100% sure we'll see that again this season.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Aleph Null posted:

Also, I want Constantine to come back. He needs his own show again set firmly in the Arrowverse. Heck, Arrow and Flash are both in situations where he'd be helpful right about now.

He actually appeared in a single episode during the previous season of Arrow to help him expose the main villain's weakness. Ollie introduced him as an old ally from his years away from Star City, so he has a precedent of being established in-universe already. It's a shame they wasted him on such a bad plotline, but Constantine was a lot of fun to watch (even for someone like me who isn't familiar with the character).

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FELD1 posted:

He actually appeared in a single episode during the previous season of Arrow to help him expose the main villain's weakness. Ollie introduced him as an old ally from his years away from Star City, so he has a precedent of being established in-universe already. It's a shame they wasted him on such a bad plotline, but Constantine was a lot of fun to watch (even for someone like me who isn't familiar with the character).

Yeah, my many criticisms of the Constantine show end at Matt Ryan.

Dude IS Constantine the way RDJ owns the Tony Stark role. Shame about...just about everything else in that show though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, my many criticisms of the Constantine show end at Matt Ryan.

Dude IS Constantine the way RDJ owns the Tony Stark role. Shame about...just about everything else in that show though.

There's a scene halfway through the series, John is possessed by a demon and he's in the Mexican prison where he just flips his poo poo and right there Matt owned that role and I wanted ten seasons of that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

Flarrow Earth
Please stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!