Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Acacia REI posted:

Aside from the weird sickness they had going through the prison, does anyone in this show ever die from anything other than injuries (like walker bites or just being straight up murdered by someone)? You'd think in an apocalyptic scenario there would be more cases of, like, dysentery and botulism and whatnot.

Nicholas committed suicide (and so did some unnamed resident in Alexandria). Not sure if that counts from what you're asking.

Daryl's always eating gross things, and everybody ate that pack of stray dogs, so I'm surprised everyone isn't suffering from some pretty severe intestinal parasites. But then again, it wouldn't be 'exciting' tv if Daryl died from making GBS threads himself inside out.

E:But heck, even Z-Nation had a character dying from sepsis because she cut her leg on barbed wire. The closest WD came was T-Dog getting a little wonky for all of two episodes from gashing his arm open on a rusty car.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Acacia REI posted:

Aside from the weird sickness they had going through the prison, does anyone in this show ever die from anything other than injuries (like walker bites or just being straight up murdered by someone)? You'd think in an apocalyptic scenario there would be more cases of, like, dysentery and botulism and whatnot.

They did have to clear the well in S2 to prevent water borne illness. I don't think anyone got sick from it, but they were cognizant of the potential at least.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Lori died in labor

I thought about that right after I posted. So I guess yeah, the prison arc had some of those things going on but I can't really think of anything else.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Nicholas committed suicide (and so did some unnamed resident in Alexandria). Not sure if that counts from what you're asking.

Daryl's always eating gross things, and everybody ate that pack of stray dogs, so I'm surprised everyone isn't suffering from some pretty severe intestinal parasites. But then again, it wouldn't be 'exciting' tv if Daryl died from making GBS threads himself inside out.

E:But heck, even Z-Nation had a character dying from sepsis because she cut her leg on barbed wire. The closest WD came was T-Dog getting a little wonky for all of two episodes from gashing his arm open on a rusty car.

I count suicides as injuries (self inflicted but still).

But yeah I'm talking about diseases and parasites and stuff. I think it would be cool if they incorporated stuff like that into the plot more often.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jenner and the black lady from S1 nobody remembers the name of died by incineration :v:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Acacia REI posted:

I thought about that right after I posted. So I guess yeah, the prison arc had some of those things going on but I can't really think of anything else.

I count suicides as injuries (self inflicted but still).

But yeah I'm talking about diseases and parasites and stuff. I think it would be cool if they incorporated stuff like that into the plot more often.

I'm surprised there aren't more unfortunate/whoops deaths.

There was that old man in Woodbury that died from cancer in S3, when Milton was doing that experiment to see if zombies have any memories of their living life.

E: I asked about it in a previous post if the guy was still alive, but Denise was taking care of someone with an infected leg injury (from getting shot). He's probably a goner too.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 19, 2016

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

They murdered that old timey forest hobo in the way to woodbury the first time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The hobo deserved it for not taking care of his dog

But lmao that was great he legitimately seemed confused

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
The kid who looked like Harry Potter died in the shower and then fudged everything up back at the prison.

EDIT:

There was also the cop Beth pushed into the elevator pit.

EDIT2:

Wait, what are we talking about?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

The kid dying in the shower was part of the prison arc I already mentioned. Aside from that everything everyone has brought up are still injury-related deaths.

I'm talking about disease, viruses, parasites, dehydration, cancer etc (basically health-related issues and things that would be a lot more common in an apocalyptic situation).

Wait how did Tara's dad die? I remember he needed oxygen tanks and stuff.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 20, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So remember when they did that Governor pair of episodes, and they felt like a prequel story to Woodsbury if he didn't have an eye patch, because they were totally ripped off from a prequel comic and it was actually good and interesting and then he just suddenly went psycho for no reason and started murdering his own people so we could hit an AMC checkbox?

Just reminding ya'll gently caress AMC

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I mean I get your point but I don't think a TV series about the zombie apocalypse is suffering because of a lack of melanoma and gout.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Are you telling me that that isn't how a day at the driving range is supposed to go? poo poo I've got a whole pit of dead golf friends and no reason for it now

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Acacia REI posted:

The kid dying in the shower was part of the prison arc I already mentioned. Aside from that everything everyone has brought up are still injury-related deaths.

I'm talking about disease, viruses, parasites, dehydration, cancer etc (basically health-related issues and things that would be a lot more common in an apocalyptic situation).

Wait how did Tara's dad die? I remember he needed oxygen tanks and stuff.

Yeah this is part of what i wish the show would do. Kirkman talks about how he wants to see what the survivors of a zombie apocalypse do after the initial outbreak but then he/now the show writers seem to ignore the realities of what living in that world would actually entail. People can just jump into any car and drive it, heal from any wound, apparently find drinking water everywhere etc.

As far as everyone being a badass now I like that but it would be better if they gave people more to do than just kill more comically evil villains. That and everyone just surrendering and dropping their weapons at the drop of a hat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blazing Ownager posted:

So remember when they did that Governor pair of episodes, and they felt like a prequel story to Woodsbury if he didn't have an eye patch, because they were totally ripped off from a prequel comic and it was actually good and interesting and then he just suddenly went psycho for no reason and started murdering his own people so we could hit an AMC checkbox?

Just reminding ya'll gently caress AMC
The whole thing felt like an excuse to make up for that half-assed ending to season 3 with a small attack on the prison.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

That trailer park woman who kidnapped Maggie and carol had TB/ lung cancer . Didn't end up getting her but it would have.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

So you would rather watch season after season of "Rick looks for food", Daryl "tries to deal with heat rash" and Carol "worries about feminine hygiene products"? That sounds even worse than what we have now.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Rick was going to lead the group on a revenge rampage but they ran out of ibuprofen a month ago and now his sciatica is flaring up so instead we are going to watch an hour of him wincing while collecting water from the stream two miles away to wash Judith in. Tune in next week to find out she's teething.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Stickarts posted:

So you would rather watch season after season of "Rick looks for food", Daryl "tries to deal with heat rash" and Carol "worries about feminine hygiene products"? That sounds even worse than what we have now.

No? I like how when given an option for a different storyline you immediately jump to the dumbest one possible and consider no other alternatives. That's very constructive thinking.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Awww, these are cute.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Abraham hunts for shaving cream. Carl gets a cavity.

The number of bolts/arrows/whatever you call them that Daryl leaves behind, I imagine he must constantly be looting hunting and outdoor stores.

Glenn has abnormally large feet and spends most of his spare time trying to find size 16s.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Stickarts posted:

The number of bolts/arrows/whatever you call them that Daryl leaves behind, I imagine he must constantly be looting hunting and outdoor stores.

Glenn has abnormally large feet and spends most of his spare time trying to find size 16s.

I was hoping for more of a diarrhea storyline, maybe a riot starts over people hoarding toilet paper

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Awww, these are cute.

this version of TWD shows much more promise than the upcoming season does

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Awww, these are cute.

There are more pictures in that set too

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Luvcow posted:

I was hoping for more of a diarrhea storyline, maybe a riot starts over people hoarding toilet paper

As a Crohny, this (s)hits close to home. I would be a bad apocalyptico, despite my pretty strong outdoor and carpentry skills. Because I have to poop all the time you see.

On a non-half-hearted troll note, the "bad guy only even MORE evilerer" plot line is repetitive and lazy. TWD hit a wall hard about three or four season ago and has no idea what to do with itself. And I'm still here.

Has anyone cracked out the old "maybe the audience is the walking dead" saw in this thread yet? Because we are.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 20, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luvcow posted:

I saw an anime series about a bunch of girls crewing a battleship. One episode was about them running out of toilet paper because they had only brought on board enough toilet paper for toilet purposes and the girls were using it for other stuff.

So it's been done.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

What a weird fetish.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Luvcow posted:

This show has characters as low on ammo/supplies/food as necessary, and the dilemma tends to be wrapped up by the end of the episode.

In a deleted scene from the S2 opener when they went back to the nursing home, there was roughly a dozen people in the group, and all they had food-wise was like, a bag of chips, a bottle of wine, and a can of garbanzo beans. They got over it.

At the start of season 3, they were so low on supplies, Carl nearly ate a can of wet dog food before Rick smacked it out of his hands. By the end of the episode, they'd found the fully stocked pantry in the prison cafeteria.

Governor was coming for them and they're seriously outgunned and Rick is down to his last bullet. Crazy-town Morgan lets them take like, a dozen assault rifles and all the ammo they'd ever need.

People are getting sick left and right from the flu. Don't worry, they get back with meds in the nick of time before anyone important from the main cast succumbs to the sickness.

Everyone's starving/dehydrated to the point they're eating worms and wild dogs. Oh, here comes a rain storm and Aaron with supplies.

I feel like if they could play it right (haha, like that'd ever happen) a storyline about their futile attempts to keep someone alive/get someone help could be a good, melancholy little story arc. Like, for example, the emotions the group would go through if, say, they were out of formula for Judith, searching high and low for anything to keep her alive, and coming up empty handed and powerless to help her since a baby can't eat solid food. Or, say, someone comes down with something that would be easily treatable if society hadn't crumbled; like, appendicitis or pneumonia, or heck, even food poisoning from eating possibly expired canned goods. Some antibiotics and IV rehydration would have cleared that right up in the old world, but that's not a possibility now. Hell, even an allergic reaction could be lethal in the zombie apocalypse.

Granted, in a show about zombies, most people don't expect realism, but there's a lot that could be done beyond 'A bad man killed my friend, now I am sad'.

E: I think the only 'medical problem that is barely kept stable' they've ever shown was that girl with Dwight that had Diabetes. And she was dead by the end of the episode, so NBD.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 20, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
What I miss from the recent TWD is coming across places that were once hold out places for others that failed.
Like the golf club, or the houses where the zombies scratched their way through the garage walls to get in.
Or the sleeping bag zombies in the office Daryl/Carol finds.

Needs more of those imo.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

happyhippy posted:

What I miss from the recent TWD is coming across places that were once hold out places for others that failed.
Like the golf club, or the houses where the zombies scratched their way through the garage walls to get in.
Or the sleeping bag zombies in the office Daryl/Carol finds.

Needs more of those imo.

Well now that they have a home base in Alexandria, they aren't exploring as much. There are of course explorer teams sent out from Alexandria, but they aren't followed because we're focused more on domestic drama. Of course that could all change this season, who knows?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Stickarts posted:

Stickarts posted:

Rick was going to lead the group on a revenge rampage but they ran out of ibuprofen a month ago and now his sciatica is flaring up so instead we are going to watch an hour of him wincing while collecting water from the stream two miles away to wash Judith in. Tune in next week to find out she's teething.

fwiw i laughed my rear end of at these and really did appreciate the humor

LadyPictureShow posted:

This show has characters as low on ammo/supplies/food as necessary, and the dilemma tends to be wrapped up by the end of the episode.

In a deleted scene from the S2 opener when they went back to the nursing home, there was roughly a dozen people in the group, and all they had food-wise was like, a bag of chips, a bottle of wine, and a can of garbanzo beans. They got over it.

At the start of season 3, they were so low on supplies, Carl nearly ate a can of wet dog food before Rick smacked it out of his hands. By the end of the episode, they'd found the fully stocked pantry in the prison cafeteria.

Governor was coming for them and they're seriously outgunned and Rick is down to his last bullet. Crazy-town Morgan lets them take like, a dozen assault rifles and all the ammo they'd ever need.

People are getting sick left and right from the flu. Don't worry, they get back with meds in the nick of time before anyone important from the main cast succumbs to the sickness.

Everyone's starving/dehydrated to the point they're eating worms and wild dogs. Oh, here comes a rain storm and Aaron with supplies.

I feel like if they could play it right (haha, like that'd ever happen) a storyline about their futile attempts to keep someone alive/get someone help could be a good, melancholy little story arc. Like, for example, the emotions the group would go through if, say, they were out of formula for Judith, searching high and low for anything to keep her alive, and coming up empty handed and powerless to help her since a baby can't eat solid food. Or, say, someone comes down with something that would be easily treatable if society hadn't crumbled; like, appendicitis or pneumonia, or heck, even food poisoning from eating possibly expired canned goods. Some antibiotics and IV rehydration would have cleared that right up in the old world, but that's not a possibility now. Hell, even an allergic reaction could be lethal in the zombie apocalypse.

Granted, in a show about zombies, most people don't expect realism, but there's a lot that could be done beyond 'A bad man killed my friend, now I am sad'.

E: I think the only 'medical problem that is barely kept stable' they've ever shown was that girl with Dwight that had Diabetes. And she was dead by the end of the episode, so NBD.

Very good points.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014
The Road + zombies would be pretty neat, I guess.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

This is amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Awww, these are cute.

I only saw the first photo and thought aaaw that's adorable. Then I scrolled down and died laughing because holy poo poo getting kids to recreate that scene is loving hilarious.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Guesses for who dies tomorrow GO

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

moist turtleneck posted:

The Dad from Fear the walking dead.....

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What a weird fetish.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I saw an anime series about a bunch of girls crewing a battleship

I mean...

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

In all likeliness it will be one of the five black characters or one of the two gay characters.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

UmOk posted:

In all likeliness it will be one of the five black characters or one of the two gay characters.

Two? You forgot to count Daryl.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

precision posted:

Two? You forgot to count Daryl.

Is that a thing? Makes sense. The show presented him as pretty asexual for most of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm sticking with the theory of two bashees. Glen and Abe I reckon, for no other reason than the first spergy youtube video I watched analysing headlights, shadows, angles and stones on the ground said so. AMC aren't the only ones milking this annoying cliffhanger, some of those vids have large views.

The fact that I even clicked on a few of them and watched gives me the same feeling I get when I lose a game.