Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh god we might even see tomorrow version differences between NX and Wii U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8hDuCeG1xg

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's so drat pretty.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

With the new Zelda trailers and the anticipation of the NX news, this is how I'm feeling:

http://i.imgur.com/3Orn5pV.gifv

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Now we got frog friend, giant red moblin/bokoblin...

...Between the new Zelda trailer, and snippets of footage in the Switch video, what other new stuff am I missing?

So excited for this game.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i am very happy with frog friend but i do kind of wish those trailers showed more new stuff. it was mostly stuff we had seen before and i demand NEW INFORMATION, CONSTANTLY

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

romanowski posted:

i am very happy with frog friend but i do kind of wish those trailers showed more new stuff. it was mostly stuff we had seen before and i demand NEW INFORMATION, CONSTANTLY

I too, always crave new things to be excited about, and wish there was more Zelda news.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Breath of the Wild is already the best post-apocalypse game.

They haven't given any real story details yet, right? I really want it to fit squarely into the decline timeline with the overhead games, because it seems to share the NES games' almost creepy emptiness.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Cleretic posted:

They haven't given any real story details yet, right? I really want it to fit squarely into the decline timeline with the overhead games, because it seems to share the NES games' almost creepy emptiness.

The only perfect world is an empty world, with no one to sin or wage war.

... poo poo, I just realized I quoted Magic: The Gathering flavor text without noticing at first.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Keiya posted:

The only perfect world is an empty world, with no one to sin or wage war.

... poo poo, I just realized I quoted Magic: The Gathering flavor text without noticing at first.

lol

that sounds like ob nixilis

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I wish Nintendo releases a playthrough video of the game, I don't want to wait until I get to play it. :v:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol

that sounds like ob nixilis

ob noxcious maybe

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really hope I can grab a frog and hang out with the frog and bring him all over post-apocalyptic Hyrule with me and then maybe use him to reflect a lightning attack back at Gannon

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cleretic posted:

We don't know anything other than Link has to wake up and do poo poo.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Shoehead posted:

I really hope I can grab a frog and hang out with the frog and bring him all over post-apocalyptic Hyrule with me and then maybe use him to reflect a lightning attack back at Gannon

When you pick up the frog you get frog legs as a cooking ingredient

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

s.i.r.e. posted:

We don't know anything other than Link has to wake up and do poo poo.

It would be super fitting though, given the direction the game us going in and how it's directly inspired by the downfall timeline. We actually haven't had any downfall games since ALBW, right? Would be nice to add another.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You mean since the most recent mainline Zelda game?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Here's the new big dude. Bokoblin ears but otherwise kinda Ganon-y. Moblins have had both pig and dog forms right? Ah maybe's it's a new creature all together. Ganon's older brother Craig.

e: spelling

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 21, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think Moblins were always pig-like, though in OoT they looked like Bulldogs. I think they were still supposed to be pigs?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

I think Moblins were always pig-like, though in OoT they looked like Bulldogs. I think they were still supposed to be pigs?

Nah they have definitely been depicted more like bulldogs. OOT is one examble, but the older games like the Zelda 1, Zelda 2, and the Gameboy games they weren't pig-like at all. Link to the past is the first one they looked like pigs, and they've been more consistently pig-like since Windwaker.

E: Though to be honest I'm not sure how I'd characterize Skyward Sword's ones. They're just kinda... bulbous

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 21, 2016

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Regy Rusty posted:

Nah they have definitely been depicted more like bulldogs. OOT is one examble, but the older games like the Zelda 1, Zelda 2, and the Gameboy games they weren't pig-like at all. Link to the past is the first one they looked like pigs, and they've been more consistently pig-like since Windwaker.

E: Though to be honest I'm not sure how I'd characterize Skyward Sword's ones. They're just kinda... bulbous

Yeah SS's mooks are more Gob- than Mob- or Boko-.

Related, Nilbom spelled backwards is Nintendo Switch. We shoulda known.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am playing Link's Awakening and it seems to have both bulldog and pig moblins unless I am misunderstanding something.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am playing Link's Awakening and it seems to have both bulldog and pig moblins unless I am misunderstanding something.

You're right it does and I totally forgot it had two separate kinds

I think it's the only one that does that??

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Regy Rusty posted:

You're right it does and I totally forgot it had two separate kinds

I think it's the only one that does that??

I think the Oracle games do as well just because of the reused LA assets.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I just noticed the new weather trailer shows a beat up structure that looks like a ship's crows nest. Wind Waker timeline and Linebeck VI CONFIRMED. Old Man is Neko, who finally had a growth spurt after he hit age 150.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I'm surprised no one is claiming Old Man to be Rauru. Is it just obviously not that? Cause the idea makes sense in my head.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
The series has so many white-haired old dudes with furrowed brows and big noses that it's honestly hard to make a claim. We just don't have enough details about BOTW yet.

My vote is for an entirely new character instead of any retread of a previous one.

Unrelated: Fingers crossed that gender talk won't get this thread closed like the WiiU thread, but I hope there will be DLC to play as girl Link. Nintendo's weird justification against it, during E3, doesn't hold any water when you can just randomly drop wolf Link in the game. There are no rules already so why stick to the male Link one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What would they do to Link to make him female? I mean, I don't care if they do but this is the most androgynous Link so far so unless yokes up or grows a beard they just need to avoid gender specific pronouns and everything would be Gucci.

There's the whole shirtless thing though.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This Link would be offended that you all are just assuming their gender identity.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would be fine with letting the player choose link's gender. As long as the only distinction between the male and female Link character models was a very slight change in the waist-to-hip ratio

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'd be fine with letting the player choose the race of Link, using a slider for fast twitch muscle fiber.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Girl Link will be worse with directions and spatial reasoning while you explore, bit she'll be better at cooking.

i feel bad now

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
The models will be exactly the same but the grunts and yells as you combat roll absolutely every-loving-where will be higher pitched.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
how bout we just replace link with tingle. i want to loving be tingle in breath of the wild

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If you change Link to a girl, it also changes to Prince Zelda, who looks the same except all his clothes are purple.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

coffeecup posted:

Girl Link will be worse with directions and spatial reasoning while you explore, bit she'll be better at cooking.

i feel bad now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
lol yeah I deserve that

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
As some comedian pointed out, while cooking and dresses are commonly seen as the purview of women, the most famous chefs and fashion designers are men so it's kind of a silly thought even disregarding it's sexism. Was it George Carlin pointed that out? Can't recall, must try and look it up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just replayed LoZ using a walkthrough and wow, you can get seriously OP for the first few dungeons pretty easily if you know where all the overworld stuff is to start.

Definitely in the top few most challenging LoZ games. A far cry from LoZ2, though.

Anyway.

LoZ: Death of the Child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waltzing Along posted:

LoZ: Death of the Child.

the long awaited metroid crossover?!