Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hope they were able to finalize the roommate setup, so that Maze can be in charge of watching the spawn while Chloe is dead in a coma.

How crazy would it be if Chloe went to hell? That other guy was in hell while he was in a coma. Chloe could end up in hell and be like "oh holy poo poo" and then whoever is there now is like "you should have seen it when Lucifer was here, but he's off loving around on Earth so..." and it just blows her mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Snak posted:

How crazy would it be if Chloe went to hell? That other guy was in hell while he was in a coma. Chloe could end up in hell and be like "oh holy poo poo" and then whoever is there now is like "you should have seen it when Lucifer was here, but he's off loving around on Earth so..." and it just blows her mind.

She'd just wake up. "teeheehee what a weird dream"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Holyshoot posted:

She'd just wake up. "teeheehee what a weird dream"

He is mortal around her, so there is that.

Maybe they'll finally explain it this season. :iiam:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Absolutely just watched this week's episode for the fourth time.

I have a question, much like Amenadiel. Mine though, well...

What does god/Father want that he himself can not provide?

Otherwise, why keep Lucy and Chloe around?

:twisted:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

VendaGoat posted:

Absolutely just watched this week's episode for the fourth time.

I have a question, much like Amenadiel. Mine though, well...

What does god/Father want that he himself can not provide?

Otherwise, why keep Lucy and Chloe around?

:twisted:

The comic dealt with this in a pretty big way.

This show has nowhere to go with it but man its sure funny to hear "the devil" complain about his mom!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Snak posted:

That other guy was in hell while he was in a coma.

Not quite. He was in a coma for a long time and at the end of that episode, his family turned off the life support and he died for a second before Amenadiel brought him back to life. These seconds feel like eternity to him and are enough for him to say gently caress that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sereri posted:

Not quite. He was in a coma for a long time and at the end of that episode, his family turned off the life support and he died for a second before Amenadiel brought him back to life. These seconds feel like eternity to him and are enough for him to say gently caress that.

Oh I forgot that.

I still wouldn't mind it being the case that people in coma's can be in hell, though. I mean, maybe Chloe will be "brain dead" because God sent her to hell, and the she'll get sent back into her body right before they decide to pull the plug.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Snak posted:

Oh I forgot that.

I still wouldn't mind it being the case that people in coma's can be in hell, though. I mean, maybe Chloe will be "brain dead" because God sent her to hell, and the she'll get sent back into her body right before they decide to pull the plug.

What's it like for people in coma when they come back? Do they say how they experienced it? Was it like a dream for them or super quick? Or just nothingness?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

What's it like for people in coma when they come back? Do they say how they experienced it? Was it like a dream for them or super quick? Or just nothingness?

I'm pretty sure reports vary.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Ever been knocked unconscious?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Ever been knocked unconscious?

No but I had a short seizure(10-20 seconds i think) when the nurse hosed up putting the needle on the top of my hand before a surgery. I started to get a sharp pain in my stomach put my head back and I instantly felt like I was sleeping almost and woke up super sweaty and a nurse saying my name.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

No but I had a short seizure(10-20 seconds i think) when the nurse hosed up putting the needle on the top of my hand before a surgery. I started to get a sharp pain in my stomach put my head back and I instantly felt like I was sleeping almost and woke up super sweaty and a nurse saying my name.

Being knocked out is nothingness. You do not remember anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

He is mortal around her, so there is that.

Maybe they'll finally explain it this season. :iiam:

They seem like they've completely forgotten about that.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

spooky like this! posted:

They seem like they've completely forgotten about that.

They haven't. There was that second(?) episode where he taunts that older lady to hit him with the fireplace poker or w/e it was, and he gets knocked down and is surprised. Chloe was outside knocking on the door.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
"please... don't......tell anyone....I died... like this....."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Charisma Carpenter looks super generic now.

"It was the 90s, we did a lot of coke."

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lucifer's fanboying is kind of adorable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mark Dacascos as a washed up 90s action movie star? That's just good casting.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Aaahahaha. Even his attempt at Devil Vision(tm) includes fanboying.

And paid his drat bail. This loving show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phil LaMarr? Guest star crazy time!

Also, who wants to guess that Phil LaMarr did it?

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

[quote="spooky like this!" post=""465711279"]
"It was the 90s, we did a lot of coke."
[/quote]

This is true of every decade.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I really hope Luci punches Uriel in his ugly face.

EDIT: YESSSSSS

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 25, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

He's gone a bit off the reservation, hasn't he?

Aaaaand somehow I expected the sword to get used, just not already.

Oh dear. That's not good.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 25, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Luci what the gently caress

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, Chloe reading Coraline to her daughter.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Man. Like, I was expecting the sword to be an end-of-season mcguffin. The way they hyped it up they were obviously going to use it at some point.

But Lucifer shanking and killing one of his own brothers definitely seems like the sort of thing that'd gently caress him up, adversarial relationship with several of them or not.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Man. Like, I was expecting the sword to be an end-of-season mcguffin. The way they hyped it up they were obviously going to use it at some point.

But Lucifer shanking and killing one of his own brothers definitely seems like the sort of thing that'd gently caress him up, adversarial relationship with several of them or not.

Begs an intriguing question though: Can the Devil punish *himself*?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My only problem with that sword is that it seemed rather unimpressive for something that can erase a goddess from existence.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zebulon posted:

I definitely was not expecting that ending. That was certainly an escalation I wasn't expecting from Lucifer. No deals, just :ese:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Astrofig posted:

Begs an intriguing question though: Can the Devil punish *himself*?

... What do you think he's been doing the entire time he's been on Earth? :boom:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Welp, didn't call that in the least.

Have a feeling the next few episodes are going to really show off Ellis's acting. He's already playing an unhinged walking Id, no telling what shanking his brother is going to lead to.

Wondering if Azrael is gonna show up to try and shiv him though. Hell, maybe Azrael is actually Chloe somehow and that's why he's all non powered around her, cause he's mortal around the walking incarnation of death.

No loving idea, but hot drat am I gonna be glued to the tv when the new episodes air.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 25, 2016

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

My only problem with that sword is that it seemed rather unimpressive for something that can erase a goddess from existence.

You were expecting a Buster Sword?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

"Word of advice, I'd lose the trenchcoat. As it stands, it's less cool brooding angel, more sort of pedophile chic."

This show. A diss to Supernatural's Castiel.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I wish Christafuh had been a permanent addition to the cast. :(

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 25, 2016

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Also, if the thread subtitle isn't changed to "Welcome to Devil Time!", then I don't even know anymore.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
That was surprisingly heavy, not playful, and abrupt for this show.

Even the police stuff this episode was fairly entertaining because it took a back seat to everything else in a way. What's happening.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Did you learn nothing from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of weird that Dan straight up says "Netflix" when they were talking about those old action movies becoming popular again. Usually shows don't mention real world products/websites that like.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

They brought Uriel in for one episode and then tidily got rid of him. Are we going to get any last angelic cast additions, or will they all be guest stars? Seems like a Gabriel or Azazel wouldn't be a huge stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Did you learn nothing from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Yeah, but the angels we've met are super arrogant and like to grandstand, so the plain sword does sort of stand out as kind of low-key for the sword of the angel of death.

• Locked thread