Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

So you did nothing N1?

Why did you roleblock instead of rolecopping N2? Is it every other night or even nights?

It's like you aren't even reading.

I am a rolecop, I could not do it night 1.

Thus I did nothing.

That would obviously answer the third question.

I used my roleblock on night 2 because I thought it would be more fun to use the item instead.

I was empowered so now i can rolecop every night.

Did you have trouble with that or do you need me to clarify it further?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to be giving any game much attention tonight because of the Cubs game. I am very suspicious of Snooze and Cpig. Somewhat suspicious of Quid and Asiina. Slightly suspicious of KB and Dick.

Given FVs flip, I'm thinking scum might each have 2 powers. I know I'm town, but if Asiina is also town then I thinking that maybe each scum has a way to avoid/confuse us plus another type of role. I don't know what the godfather action is used for by FV. Maybe it prevents us from getting a full flip?

D1 - No lynch
N1 - PMush killed, full flip
D2 - BK lynched, full flip
N2 - No kill
D3 - Podima lynched, partial flip
N3 - SSV killed, full flip
N3 - FV killed, full flip? Partial flip?
D4 - PMach modkilled, Full flip

Here's the relative evidence:

Somberbrero posted:

Poison Mushroom, The Dreaming Darkly, Monster Mason has been silenced night one!

"You are a Mason. You may choose your partner at the start of the game. You may receive additional abilities as the game progresses. You win when all threats to Monsterkind have been eliminated."

Day Two Begins!

With twelve alive, it is seven to lynch. Deadline is pending.

Somberbrero posted:

BottleKnight, Howard Wolfman A.K.A. Dogballz69, Monster Bulletproof Miller was lynched day two!

“You are a Bulletproof Miller, each of these abilities is distinct and passive. You will absorb the first kill targeted against you, you will not be told when this happens. You will investigate as Bluecloak if targeted by any investigations. You win when all threats to Monsterkind have been eliminated.”

They stood there waiting for some time, but the pit never gave any further signal. Although Howard had once been human, it seemed in his chest beat a monster's heart. A recess was called, and the council of monsters led a sober procession from the room.

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 17th, 2016 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 minutes.

Night two begins, get me those actions!

Somberbrero posted:

Podima, Castor the Vampire Lord, Monster Tactician was executed day three!

"You are a Tactician with the following two actions. You may only submit one action each night.

Master of Shadows

Hunter in the Night"

Night 3 Begins. Get me night actions please.

Somberbrero posted:

SirSamVimes, The Witch of Walding Pond, Monster Innocent died night three!

"You are an Innocent. This is a passive ability. At the start of day 3, it will be announced to the thread that you are confirmed Monster."

Fiery_Valkyrie, Gerald “Many Eyes” Flitch, Third Inspector of the Bluecloaks died night three!

"You are a member of the Scum Team! You posses the following abilities.
  • Spirit Siphon - Poison Kill.

• Soul Skin - A Godfather Action.
"

DAY 4 BEGINS!

Somberbrero posted:

Propaganda Machine, Judy Graves, Monster Necromancer was modkilled for an honest mistake that could have happened to anyone day four!

"You a Necromancer. You have access to the ‘dead doc’ and may communicate with players who have died over the course of the game. They are under no sanction to answer you, but you may communicate with them freely. You win when all threats to Monsterkind have been eliminated."

The day will continue, however.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So it's even nights then?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Based on FV's flip, I guess we can expect scum to probably have two abilities. That means despite the claims being pretty well explored, we can't really rule anyone out. So tentatively willing to consider anyone I guess. But I'm feeling Snooze the most. Her block/lost? claim doesn't really make any sense at all.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

So it's even nights then?

I literally just answered this. Stop pretending to be dense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, if SSV wasn't a straight up kill last night, and was instead a poison kill from N1, then there is a chance that other people are currently poisoned and are already dead folks walking.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm...this is kind of going into conspiracy theory, but one possibility is that FV poisoned SSV on N1 and then given my tracking claim and Asiina seemingly sure about FVs movement, a scum doctor KB moved to 'save' SSV on N2 just to try and prevent an easy FV lynch on D3.

KB did you say who you protected on N3? I know you claimed to have protected FV on N1 and were seeing visiting SSV on N2.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I literally just answered this. Stop pretending to be dense.

So the answer is yes? You can use your rolecop only on even nights?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Also, if SSV wasn't a straight up kill last night, and was instead a poison kill from N1, then there is a chance that other people are currently poisoned and are already dead folks walking.

That would be a pretty long delay for poison. Two days seems like a stretch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hmmm...this is kind of going into conspiracy theory, but one possibility is that FV poisoned SSV on N1 and then given my tracking claim and Asiina seemingly sure about FVs movement, a scum doctor KB moved to 'save' SSV on N2 just to try and prevent an easy FV lynch on D3.

KB did you say who you protected on N3? I know you claimed to have protected FV on N1 and were seeing visiting SSV on N2.

You.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

If you put a delayed kill on me, I'm going to be sooooo mad! :argh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I guess that's technically possible. But I'm thinking maybe there is something else mechanically going on. Because we had a kill on N1? Like, I dunno, they can use poison+a kill on the same night, but poison is 2 nights instead of 1? Maybe they can't use a kill the next night?

But yeah, sure, I was feeling pretty good about the lack of kill N2, so maybe I really just stopped FV's poison and SSV got killed normally last night.

Honestly, none of this makes much sense, so kinda grasping at straws.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

If you put a delayed kill on me, I'm going to be sooooo mad! :argh:

Nope, I saved you from nothing though it looks like.

I figured if you were town, you would be one of the most dangerous folks for scum to deal with, since you can track any night.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

So the answer is yes? You can use your rolecop only on even nights?

Well, if you would read, this is no longer the case, but yes that is how my power used to work.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, if you would read, this is no longer the case, but yes that is how my power used to work.

Cool, cool.

So N1 you can't do anything but you get a roleblock at the end.

N2 you have your first opportunity to rolecop and won't get another chance until N4, but instead of using your rolecop and saving the item until N3 where you won't be doing anything (because you don't know you're about to be empowered), you instead choose to use the roleblock and completely give up your ability to rolecop.

Bullshit.

##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Cool, cool.

N2 you have your first opportunity to rolecop and won't get another chance until N4, but instead of using your rolecop and saving the item until N3 where you won't be doing anything (because you don't know you're about to be empowered), you instead choose to use the roleblock and completely give up your ability to rolecop.

Bullshit.

##vote CPig

Lol really ace sleuth there idiot.

I wanted to use the roleblock because roleblocking is more fun than stupid rolecops anyway.

I love how everyone assumes my brain works the same way as theirs does and will automatically always do what THEY feel is the most strategic or best way to do something.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol really ace sleuth there idiot.

I wanted to use the roleblock because roleblocking is more fun than stupid rolecops anyway.

I love how everyone assumes my brain works the same way as theirs does and will automatically always do what THEY feel is the most strategic or best way to do something.

I was hoping for a better defense than that :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Snooze + quid last 2 scum, please get them next when you lynch town yet again.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I guess that's technically possible. But I'm thinking maybe there is something else mechanically going on. Because we had a kill on N1? Like, I dunno, they can use poison+a kill on the same night, but poison is 2 nights instead of 1? Maybe they can't use a kill the next night?

But yeah, sure, I was feeling pretty good about the lack of kill N2, so maybe I really just stopped FV's poison and SSV got killed normally last night.

Honestly, none of this makes much sense, so kinda grasping at straws.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure it out as well. I can't seem to work through all the possible combos. Like maybe they could poison and regular kill on N1, but then couldn't couldn't do any sort of killing action on N2.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I was hoping for a better defense than that :(

There is no defense to what you just said, you basically called bullshit on my personal thought processes. What the gently caress is anyone supposed to say to that?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad CPig is one of the scum, because he buses so heavily that I really don't know if interactions will be able to help find the other scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I'm sad CPig is one of the scum, because he buses so heavily that I really don't know if interactions will be able to help find the other scum.

I love that you earnestly believe that I am scum and cannot wait to tell you how wrong you were at basically every possible opportunity.

I am even going to make an npc in our dnd game that is going to tell you how wrong you are every week.

There is literally nothing i like more in the entire world than saying i told you so.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I love that you earnestly believe that I am scum and cannot wait to tell you how wrong you were at basically every possible opportunity.

I am even going to make an npc in our dnd game that is going to tell you how wrong you are every week.

There is literally nothing i like more in the entire world than saying i told you so.

I should get advantage on all my rolls next week for figuring this out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
BK should get disadvantage for his bad Madman case.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I should get advantage on all my rolls next week for figuring this out.

but you aren't. You are just gonna get mr wrong following you around telling you how wrong you are because you thought I was scum for doing what i thought was fun instead of what made the most strategic sense because that is literally what I will go for in every situation, fun over strategy always.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The flavor was weird cause of how it was written, loss was written almost like a status effect, but it means nothing besides somber wording it weird

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

The flavor was weird cause of how it was written, loss was written almost like a status effect, but it means nothing besides somber wording it weird

I was asking cause Podima when he got his results said that it didn't say blocked but that it failed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

but you aren't. You are just gonna get mr wrong following you around telling you how wrong you are because you thought I was scum for doing what i thought was fun instead of what made the most strategic sense because that is literally what I will go for in every situation, fun over strategy always.

I'm going to enjoy my smugness bonus next week. It's going to be awesome!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I'm going to enjoy my smugness bonus next week. It's going to be awesome!

:thumbsup:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I was asking cause Podima when he got his results said that it didn't say blocked but that it failed.

Yeah the wording was fail

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Cool, cool.

Bullshit.

##vote CPig

This make sense, but was he just clearing Pmach for some attempt at cred though? I feel like Pmach was definitely a suspect and possibly could have been cuddled today. With this few people left, I'm not sure I get limiting his miscuddle options like that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeah the wording was fail

Can you clarify further? I feel like you are changing your story.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

King Burgundy posted:

On both nights i received the standard your night action failed message in bold

Night 2 it also had the loss thing in italics

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

:agreed:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

The flavor i received was weird.

When pig block me i was just told i was blocked.

Put in this pm i was told i was loss.

Snooze Cruise posted:

On both nights i received the standard your night action failed message in bold

Night 2 it also had the loss thing in italics

Yeah, I think you are just spinning nonsense.

##vote Snooze

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

This make sense, but was he just clearing Pmach for some attempt at cred though? I feel like Pmach was definitely a suspect and possibly could have been cuddled today. With this few people left, I'm not sure I get limiting his miscuddle options like that.

We don't really know why he went to PMach. Could be lack of options. Still didn't really clear her as town even with that power. I don't really have a good answer, but I feel like his "just for fun" explanation makes no sense at all. There's wanting to have fun and there's actively making the bad decision, and there is absolutely no reason he would give up his rolecop for a roleblock. Roleblocks aren't really more "fun" than a rolecop and then it means he gets to do nothing N3 which is a whole lot less fun than being able to do anything. The excuse absolutely doesn't hold up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

We don't really know why he went to PMach. Could be lack of options. Still didn't really clear her as town even with that power. I don't really have a good answer, but I feel like his "just for fun" explanation makes no sense at all. There's wanting to have fun and there's actively making the bad decision, and there is absolutely no reason he would give up his rolecop for a roleblock. Roleblocks aren't really more "fun" than a rolecop and then it means he gets to do nothing N3 which is a whole lot less fun than being able to do anything. The excuse absolutely doesn't hold up.

Cpig absolutely visited PMach unless Snooze is lying and redirected me to someone else who visited PMach.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As of right now, I don't believe Quid or Dick have claimed their N3 target.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Cpig absolutely visited PMach unless Snooze is lying and redirected me to someone else who visited PMach.

I'm not saying he didn't visit PMach, I'm saying his actions N2 make absolutely zero sense as claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

As of right now, I don't believe Quid or Dick have claimed their N3 target.

Dick empowered PMach.

• Locked thread