Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

Nice role fishing

this is a very stupid post

Jimson told people to look for the breadcrumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Bad bad bad bad bad

ahem

much like your posting

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
imo i think the correct decision is to lynch about ten players today in lights out but yall are a bunch of pussies so i don't think it will happen

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually, I post correct thoughts :grin:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lynch everyone except one player we can all agree on as town

Me?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

got some chores tonight posted:

but i think the technical correct vote is jimson?? esp with lights out

Yeah this is a great point. With micro-lights-out, we can make one vote based one guaranteed delivery of actionable information (Jimson), and one vote based on casing.

got some chores tonight posted:

imo i think the correct decision is to lynch about ten players today in lights out but yall are a bunch of pussies so i don't think it will happen

Nope we can only cuddle two max, assuming I'm reading the "limited lights out" rules correctly.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Jimson shot up to 9 votes and most of them have literally no content attached to them and no one sees an issue here

WIFOM.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

fair enough

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actionable information what

Post your role pm, that would be the same

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ill ##vote jimson cuz i dont see a reason to keep him alive but im fairly conf zimb is scum

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Mr. F! posted:

Nothing he's done is actually bad.

He's posted emotionally when asked about a throwaway guess he made for the game.

Here's how I perceive the misunderstand between infinitum and the thread w/r/t multiple factions.

Infinitum makes an offhanded comment that he's not super serious about, just a random speculation. All of a sudden his random speculation is getting attacked. From his perspective he's getting attacked for some random offhanded comment he made, and being called scum for it. Infinitums anger, in my estimation, came from the impossibility of arguing against that kind of attack from somber. Like Sombers positing that he has information about the setup coming from him being scum. How do you defend yourself from such a claim? You can't. It's a he said she said type situation.

Every post Infinitum has made reads real and genuine to me.

Mr. F! posted:

Well, the reason it seems like I am ignoring the cases on him is because I pretty much am. Its not my job to debunk cases on infinitum, infinitum can do that for himself. I am just certain in my town read of infinitum, therefore feel the need to express those feelings to the thread.

I feel equally certain about my read on jimson.

Mr. F! posted:

You're right that I can gain insight to the posters making the cases depending on their tone and the internal logic of the cases, but it takes so much effort to do that.

Like in this type of game its much easier to pick one person to focus on, especially in the first day of the thread, so you can get the most amount of discussion out of that suspicion. Thats my strategy at least.

Please dont read into this that I dont think Jimson is scum, or that I'm trying to discredit my case in any way. I DID NOT post my case on Jimson facetiously or dishonestly. I believe what I posted there.

It's my opinion that Mr. F's case on Jimson:

- was based on Jimson's posting at the start of the game
- comes off as way too confident in his reads (about both Infi and Jimson) for this early in the game
- brushes off suspicion on Infinitum as "what else could he say?" when the question should be "why did he bring it up in the first place?"

The most obvious explanation to me, between what Infi said and how Mr. F is casing, is that they're on a small scumteam together. It's totally possible that Mr. F thinks that Jimson is on another scum team but it really seems to me like he was motivated by trying to take heat of Infinitum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

Honestly, how much weight can you put in a bet like that? Am I the only one not taking a bet of one's own life seriously? Is this some kind of super low-key, ironic joke-phase that occurs immediately after standard joke-phase that I'm oblivious of?

yes, and it's called mafia

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Actionable information what

If Jimson flips town we can immediately vote Glowku based on logic I've repeatedly quoted myself explaining.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
This is micro lights out, we can only vote two people at most, and we will not get their flips until the day actually ends.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
can I keep it 100 for a second?

I've been trying to keep it inside and not push out too much because I promised myself I would stop getting emotionally invested in games.

I am super angry about all these dumb votes on me. Like, I really am. It's irritating, that a post I made when I was waiting for the bus after a super stressful trip to the mall is being misread because I accidentally said us, instead of what I meant. What makes me even madder is literally the sentence before I said Us over and over, and I was just in that frame of mind. Yet, no one examines that. They all lump into what they THINK is an amazing scum slip, and when I flip town. The only thing that will happen is I will be taken out of a game I am super excited about playing, and we will be down one town, and then MAYBE... MAAAYBE we can chain lynch a few other players.

If Izzhov is scum, they are in a REALLY amazing position right now, because we are letting them lead the charge (Sorry about the impersonal pronouns I have no idea what gender you identify as :( ) And the only thing that is going to let us come back from that is when we lynch Me, Glowku, and Dick, and this will only wrest control away from Izzhov if ALL THREE Of us flip town, otherwise, we will let Izzhov keep guiding the game, until they either slip up. Or are discovered scum.

Yet literally no one is examining Izzhov's past posts, only looking at them voting me because GLowku bet his life on it.

Also the most embarresing thing? I even noticed my mistype when I made it and Iw as going to mafia edit it, but I was like eh what ever. No ones gonna jump on it, it was a dumb typo. Yet it is the ONE THING that got the most attnetion this game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Aaaaaah, big games!!!

This is a lot of posts.

What have I missed, fill me in~

Meta read for now: this is scum Quid

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Izzhov posted:

If Jimson flips town we can immediately vote Glowku based on logic I've repeatedly quoted myself explaining.

If jimson flips town I have some splainin to do. But I've made my bet

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Truth Quark posted:

This is micro lights out, we can only vote two people at most, and we will not get their flips until the day actually ends.

Right, this is why our vote today should be Jimson and someone else we case, not Jimson and Glowku.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I've been trying to keep it inside and not push out too much because I promised myself I would stop getting emotionally invested in games.

I am super angry about all these dumb votes on me. Like, I really am. It's irritating, that a post I made when I was waiting for the bus after a super stressful trip to the mall is being misread because I accidentally said us, instead of what I meant. What makes me even madder is literally the sentence before I said Us over and over, and I was just in that frame of mind. Yet, no one examines that. They all lump into what they THINK is an amazing scum slip, and when I flip town. The only thing that will happen is I will be taken out of a game I am super excited about playing, and we will be down one town, and then MAYBE... MAAAYBE we can chain lynch a few other players.

If Izzhov is scum, they are in a REALLY amazing position right now, because we are letting them lead the charge (Sorry about the impersonal pronouns I have no idea what gender you identify as :( ) And the only thing that is going to let us come back from that is when we lynch Me, Glowku, and Dick, and this will only wrest control away from Izzhov if ALL THREE Of us flip town, otherwise, we will let Izzhov keep guiding the game, until they either slip up. Or are discovered scum.

Yet literally no one is examining Izzhov's past posts, only looking at them voting me because GLowku bet his life on it.

Also the most embarresing thing? I even noticed my mistype when I made it and Iw as going to mafia edit it, but I was like eh what ever. No ones gonna jump on it, it was a dumb typo. Yet it is the ONE THING that got the most attnetion this game.

She. And yeah, feel free to look @ my posts

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

It's my opinion that Mr. F's case on Jimson:

- was based on Jimson's posting at the start of the game
- comes off as way too confident in his reads (about both Infi and Jimson) for this early in the game
- brushes off suspicion on Infinitum as "what else could he say?" when the question should be "why did he bring it up in the first place?"

The most obvious explanation to me, between what Infi said and how Mr. F is casing, is that they're on a small scumteam together. It's totally possible that Mr. F thinks that Jimson is on another scum team but it really seems to me like he was motivated by trying to take heat of Infinitum.

I agree with this in every way

Izzhov posted:

if jimson flips town I would rather vote you

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Squidad doesn't ping me as scum tbh. It's different fro. How he acted game 1

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh holy poo poo I completely forgot that lights out was a thing

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Can someone please summarize the case on Jimson? If all it is is that he typed "Us" I find that case (along with Mr. F's) to be way scummier than what Jimson did.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

glowku is soft claiming cop is the reason

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
lights out more like light up

:weed:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:confused:

the majority of this post is peak WIFOM. There are so many reasons why so many different people would be voting you with differing alignments. This is a real spaghetti post, just throwing and seeing what sticks.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

If I may ask (and forgive me if it was posted before) what did you originally intend that sentence to say?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

zimbomonkey posted:

If I may ask (and forgive me if it was posted before) what did you originally intend that sentence to say?

Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with*** him*** BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I'm going to bed. Good night y'all.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Same

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with*** him*** BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him

Hence why I said Iw as thinking about it from the first person. Becuase I was already discussing how he would clear it with us (the people in the docs with him in the previous games) So when I went to type Him, I typed us, thinking about oh hey the games me played with me before wehre he cleared it with us before posting.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Can someone please summarize the case on Jimson? If all it is is that he typed "Us" I find that case (along with Mr. F's) to be way scummier than what Jimson did.

He did say us and then he was super blaise about it when confronted, and when pressed a bit he said

quote:

I'm town. This case is kinda dumb and based on a word I used.

If I was scum do you seriously think I wouldn't have poured over that post to find anything that could give me away? I am postimg town and sometimes town posts stupid poo poo. The end.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

He did say us and then he was super blaise about it when confronted, and when pressed a bit he said

Eh Idk :shrug: I felt like that was a pretty okay response? I was trying not to get mad, but it is literally a post made on my word choice, and yeah. Honestly? if I was in your position? I would be doing the same thing. I'm not trying to garner favor here. I literally would, and I think thats what makes me mad. I am lookign at this like BUT ITS SO OBVIOUS I AM TOWN! WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO DUMB? but that's only because I know more than you guys do (I.E. I am confirmed town to my self becuase I read my role pm haha)

BottleKnight posted:

:confused:

the majority of this post is peak WIFOM. There are so many reasons why so many different people would be voting you with differing alignments. This is a real spaghetti post, just throwing and seeing what sticks.

Also this is kinda Scummy.

BK Other than MR.F who here actually has another reason to be voting me, other than the "Scumslip"

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Hence why I said Iw as thinking about it from the first person. Becuase I was already discussing how he would clear it with us (the people in the docs with him in the previous games) So when I went to type Him, I typed us, thinking about oh hey the games me played with me before wehre he cleared it with us before posting.

See this makes way more sense to me. At the very least I understand the reasoning. And I really do understand if it was a dumb goof caused by you being tired and cranky and stressed out. So I don't like this case much anymore.

##unvote

don't make me feel dumb

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Eh Idk :shrug: I felt like that was a pretty okay response? I was trying not to get mad, but it is literally a post made on my word choice, and yeah. Honestly? if I was in your position? I would be doing the same thing. I'm not trying to garner favor here. I literally would, and I think thats what makes me mad. I am lookign at this like BUT ITS SO OBVIOUS I AM TOWN! WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO DUMB? but that's only because I know more than you guys do (I.E. I am confirmed town to my self becuase I read my role pm haha)

Also this is kinda Scummy.

BK Other than MR.F who here actually has another reason to be voting me, other than the "Scumslip"

And this post came while I was typing my other one but it feels like i'm making the right call here. Even while I feel like this might come back to bite me in the rear end, I can't bring myself to push a lynch on a guy that typed one word wrong during a tough day.

Maybe that means i'm not cut out for serious mafia. Idk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Izzhov you're setting up a chain lunch under ridiculous premises and phrasing it like its pro town

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm not arguing that there aren't some bad votes on you. Just that the conclusions you are drawing are a word salad. Don't try to push the burden on me, when it's your claims.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

What would've buttered my bread was a little more regret. "Golly, y'all! I definitely see how my words can be misconstrued in a negatory way. What meant was "last game, I wondered if he was a veteran player in the scumdoc with us."

not

Everyone thinks in the first person since Adam n' Eve without making a conspiratorial statement. Plus, what he meant was about as "pretty obvious" as a white cat in a snowstorm.

"Shucks I just implicated myself, why is everyone rushing to hang me?

Attempting to pass the buck on someone else for passing the bucks runs rings larger than a washbin drain

Was pretty much what I wanted to hear in the beginning, but instead I saw a player more frantic than a hummingbird on Coca Toothache medicine.

There's still many hours left before the sun sets for a more concrete suspect to emerge, but for now I've got my peepers on Jimson

This is a lot of words to "me too" an easy case on a typo/scumslip and feels suspicious. It reads like scum making a fake case to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Izzhov posted:

Hey MMT can you back me up here? Remember in Shine I when AA was all like, "DD is scum, I guarantee it," and you were like, "Oh that means the best play is to vote DD" and then we did and DD turned out to be scum? Isn't this like the exact same situation?

For someone who's "just loving around" he seems pretty loving insistent on this

Unfortunately my memory isn't always the best :350:

But from my recollection, the difference is that AA's claim came after at least one night phase, so it was plausible to think that there was an investigation fueling his claim. I feel like Glowku's use of "bet my life" could just be him roleplaying a New Orleans gambler or something. At least enough so that that it doesn't make me more suspicious of him or Jimson than I currently am of Infi / Mr. F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I think this post is legit, honestly, if you saw that typo and were scum, I don't think you would've been so comfortable as to leave it alone right then. I think you would've been more careful. You should still be careful though IMO. I'm still going to scrutinize you, but I think your legit here.

##unvote

• Locked thread