Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

The problem is, when Infinitum is being combative town, he's kinda like me. Consistent and focused.

This time around Infinitum seems kind of distant? Unfocused? He was getting mad about joke votes on him, while at the same time pushing joke votes, and then when confronted about them. Defending them as just joke votes.

When he started to get pressure on him, instead of trying to defend and pivot away, he spaghetti posted, (no idea who said that but I like it and i'm gonna steal it) to see what would stick, and honestly a lot of the case on Infinitum is based around our initial scumread on TQ as well.

you also got hella mad about votes buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i completely forgot about tq

tq and infintum before jim i GUESS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Uh, yeah.. why did he just assume the number of other-than-town factions rather than there being a fewer number of larger ones? He never answered that question.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Somberbrero posted:

i completely forgot about tq

tq and infintum before jim i GUESS

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DickBastardly posted:

Uh, yeah.. why did he just assume the number of other-than-town factions rather than there being a fewer number of larger ones? He never answered that question.

logic.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm gonna sleep on all this and come back fresh, bright-eyed, bushy tailed, AND SLOSHHAMMERD AS FUUUUUUQ

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

I would put down actual money that you're really desperate to link me to some conspiracy theory you've just come up with.

If I had setup info I'd share it.

That was a logical guess based on player numbers, and past Shine games.

I'm town by the way. Not a 3rd party or scum.
Just town.

HE DID GUIS GOD RIGHT HERE!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry I haven't been participating. I was getting my shine on at the Texas State Fair then I wrote a paper about the process of the dying individual. Who is scum?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ahaha he said if he had 100% solid set-up info he'd SHARE IT. WHAT? Ok yeah, that's pretty un-town... right?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Take that as a confirmation I guess. Also I'm only read like the first 11 pages of this thread. I forgot how fast shine games move.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Jimson how's your dog doing?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I need to fuckin go to bed, but I feel comfortable with this for now.

##vote Infinitum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
jimson you're my boy remember that

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Jimson how's your dog doing?

She's good :) She got fleas over the weekend :( so we are getting her treated tomorrow.

dongsbot9000 posted:

jimson you're my boy remember that

awh Your my boy too :) <3

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
im going to vote for the first person to start casting aspersions as i feel more comfy w the peaceful and slowly deductive

##vote dongsbot9000

the man looks at me like im fresh canned tuna

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HELLO THREAD I AM CATCHING UP :toot:

HERE ARE SOME THOUGHTS FOR YOU MY CHILDREN :toot:

-------------------------------------------------------------

People throwing shade on me because 'this isn't arsehole town Inf', so this must be cold calculating scum-Inf
Shame on you.

Since I've come back to Mafia from my break I have been super-chill and non-dickish.
I received a PM from Podima before the game started asking me to 'tone down the arseholeishness', which I was planning on anyway.

I think all can agree that the tone of my posts has been pretty light and def non-provoking.
So if you are making arguements that I must be scum based on that, you're shining more light on you than you are on me.

Extremely helpful for me to scum hunt tho :getin:

Also it's my bday weekend, so I am chilling the gently caress out and getting drunk as a skunk :toot:

BottleKnight posted:

You're just

Your only purpose is trying to make me mad in this post.

I don't get it.

My purpose was that I went out for my bday and I'm still pretty much still three sheets to the wind here and wanted a reference point when I got back.

Also my scumdar is pinging you pretttttttttttttty hard, but I don't have enough to go on.
I'm keeping my eye on you mister.

The problem is. In those scum games? He was making an EFFORT to post like that. Talking about it in the scumdocs. Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with us BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him.

This is bad with the whole 'us' thing.

Not sure if Jimbo is scum, but he definitely reads as non-town, as do many of his other posts.
Will be keeping my other eye on him.

2 eyes in different directions.
Like a lizard.

Finding myself agreeing with a lot of stuff Jonathan Fisk is saying.
Pinging my towndar for the moment.

:thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lot of squabbling about stuff Glowku is saying the past few pages.
Reading like a town slapfight.
Nothing really stands out for me here.

Murmur Twin posted:

I think Somber's case on Infinitum is the best one out there right now. I can't think of a reason for town Infinitum to (a) know about or (b) care about the number of factions, and the way he reacted when pressed on it felt unnaturally defensive.

##vote Infinitum

I always care about setup spec.
I always make cases based around setup spec.

It is one of the primary ways I play mafia and part of my meta as a town player.
I love gaming the system, as was shown in El Dorado 3 Mafia where I correctly predicted scum based on zone movements.

MY THIRD EYE IS UPON THEE MURMUR TWIN

The problem is, when Infinitum is being combative town, he's kinda like me. Consistent and focused.

This time around Infinitum seems kind of distant? Unfocused? He was getting mad about joke votes on him, while at the same time pushing joke votes, and then when confronted about them. Defending them as just joke votes.

It's my bday weekend.
It's my actual birthday tomorrow, so I won't be 100% on deck
Today I was out with family getting drunk

I'm not purposely being distant.
I'm just unfocused cause I'm getting drunk as gently caress boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

DickBastardly posted:

ahaha he said if he had 100% solid set-up info he'd SHARE IT. WHAT? Ok yeah, that's pretty un-town... right?

If I was an Oracle, or whatever the gently caress it's called where you're provided setup info in your roledoc, I'd be providing it. Legit no reason to hide it.

My 'setup info' is based on the fact I've played in both previous Shine games, and logic.
Also you are pinging the gently caress out of me with a few of your other posts.
MY 4TH EYEeEEeeeeeeeeee

Luckily for you my attention is elsewhere for the moment...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now time for my actual case!

For my actual D1 non-joke vote, I'm going to
##vote zimbomonkey

He shows all the hallmarks of a lazy scum player trying to hide in between posts without actually saying anything of value.

To provide some context earlier on there was a relatively big voter push on myself, and the previous 3 votes in order were:

quote:

CapitalistPig posted:

meh good enough for me.

##vote inf

Izzhov posted:

Oh yeah. I even pointed out a reference point from Shine I of a scum doing that exact same thing too. Hmm...

##vote Infinitum at least until someone can build a stronger case on someone else.

While CPig's is definitely a Not-A-Good-Vote™, and KBs was no effort, Izzhov at least provides some reasoning behind his vote.
It's D1. Hard to pick a target. I get that.

But then you have ZM's vote immediately afterwards.

zimbomonkey posted:

yeah that's enough for me

##vote infinitum

What is this vote? What is 'enough' for him to satisfy this vote?
He's not agreeing with a case. He's not providing context.
It's.. nothing.

I'll tell you what it is though.
Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote.
The hallmarks of newbie scum player.

And you'll say to me, "Well maybe he's going along with the flow of the other votes to see what pops up Inf"
But then I refer you to the very next post he makes.
Does he add anything to the conversation?
Does he make a joke?

No.

His very next post* comes after Jimson makes a potential scumslip

zimbomonkey posted:

Holy loving poo poo that scumslip
##unvote
##vote Jimson
(*=Feel free to look it up and confirm I'm not lying)

AGAIN.
Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote

No extrapolation of his though process.
No analysis of Jimson's posts up until that point to solidify his vote.

A few pages later, in which arguments revolve around Glowku for a bit, the conversation turns back to Jimson:

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm not sure what else to say about jimson. he literally slipped out that he was part of a scumdoc and then tried to turn that into a town thing to do. I've not played a lot of these games, true, but I've never seen a townie say "us" when referencing scum. For that matter I've never seen scum do it either.

His defense of "these things happen" doesn't make any sense to me and I voted accordingly. It's the strongest clue I think any of us has to go by that doesn't involve making big-ish assumptions about people's character or attitude which I want to avoid if possible because I don't know most of you.

Finally we see some points getting made, however they're all incredibly flimsy and while I agree Jimson reads as non-town it's the manner in which ZM presents the arguement that raises my eyebrow further.

Noone is asking anything of ZM at this point, but he feels the need to defend his vote with "I voted accordingly"
It's weird phrasing in context, and something I definitely don't see in town-aligned player.

It's like he's responding to a question noones asked yet, which was to justify his vote on Jimson.

Eventually he unvotes because he groks Jimsons logic for some reason, but I feel the damage has been done at this point

zimbomonkey posted:

I can't bring myself to push a lynch on a guy that typed one word wrong during a tough day.

Oh wow. You can't bring yourself to push a case now that your flimsy logic has fallen apart scumbo?
You can't find it in your heart of hearts?

:qq:

(There's your dickish town-inf for the evening)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr My scumdar has pinging quite a few people thus far, but none stand out more than Zimbomonkey.

Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' style voter. Likening to hiding in the shadows behind half-arsed arguements.
The hallmarks of a lazy newbie scumbo.

##vote zimbomonkey

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
k i dont want to vote w/ infi so maybe i dont like zimb ne more

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
zimbs first post about infi is the worst he posts like 3 para about why infi sux but its just a rehash of previous pts w/ no vote at the end

feels like a beginner scum move; "scum hunt" w/o saying anything

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's late.

It just turned Oct 24 here in Australia.
It's my actual bday now.

I'm getting drunk.
I will attempt to answer any questions posed to me, but I won't be casing anyone for the moment.
I've made, I feel, a solid case for zimbomonkey as the D1 lynch candidate.

I will be back on deck in a fuller capacity in 24 hours time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DickBastardly and Murmur Twin are pinging me hard as well.

Murmur Twin because he knows my play style, so he's striking me as non-town.
DickBastardly for a bunch of his posts, and is striking me as scum.

INFINITUM OUT :toot:

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
"Here's a list of scummy players"

*List people who attack me*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with*** him*** BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him

Why didn't you just say this in the beginning?

##unvote jimsonthebetrayer

The main reason I voted you was because you just brushed it off with "it's obvious what I meant to say," and other weird stuff I've cited. Plus you got angry at us rather than yourself when you made a slip up. Both of those things made me wary of working with you. Maybe take a deep breath every once in a while would make you enjoy the game more.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

This is a lot of words to "me too" an easy case on a typo/scumslip and feels suspicious. It reads like scum making a fake case to me.

I can see that.

Please note that I was responding to... I think Kashuno stating that people weren't citing any evidence for the Jimson vote. So I collected the evidence and put it all in that post... that's why it comes off as "not saying anything new," I was just trying to re-state things for Kashuno.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Mafia edit: Forgot to say, "shucks, y'awl, being in this hurr conversation feels like walking around barefoot in a broken glass factory."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
First off, that "scumslip" is bullshit.

Nobody "accidentally" mentions that they're part of an active scumdoc in the game they are currently playing.

If you believe that, and voted Jimson for THAT sole reason, may the bright flaming eye of Justice, Go'Tse, fall upon you.

Secondly, my vote on Jimson was 50% meta and 50% joke. The heightened excitement and activity of the Jimson could be attributed to interest in playing its role, which it claims to have breadcrumbed. As it bounces off the tables (hopefully not breaking them) in its exuberance, it looks suspiciously like a Scumson, because Townson usually quietly wastes away in a dark corner somewhere, pleadingly gazing at other patrons while stretching out its neck for hewing.

##unvote

I was initially concerned that chores might be scum, as he has failed to bountifully provide us with meaningless excrement, and while I share his temerity in aligning myself with Infinitum, the case against zimbomonkey is sound. When I am scum (whoa boy look at that loving scumslip guys) I vote and case people in a manner that lacks depth. In a game of 33 players, scum should be able to get away with such folly. Zimbo's mistake was to do so repeatedly.

It's good play for the scum, you see. Voting gives you a badge of participation, and it keeps the numbers high enough such that when the deadline comes near, momentum will toss one of our compatriots into the abyss. But if you want second place, or first, the vote must come with rationale, a reason, and zimbo has failed us in that regard. He doesn't deserve second place, or 1st.

He deserves 33rd.

##vote zimbo, and let Justice shine on us all!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

If Jimson flips town we can immediately vote Glowku based on logic I've repeatedly quoted myself explaining.

This is the single worst post in the game and advocates a chain lynch.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

This is the single worst post in the game and advocates a chain lynch.

Also, town points to Kashuno for pointing out that voting Jimson for the "scumslip" regardless of Jimson's (or even Kashuno's alignment) is scummy as hell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not feeling zimbo quite yet iirc he's pretty new? If that's the case and he's in a very large game I can understand his posts. Don't really like infs big post up above there.have been agreeing with Fisk which is very rare. I need to reread BK sometime today because his posting screams scum to me but I can't put a finger on why

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
@ Infi

The oracle is useful for outing fakeclaims... which only works if the set-up info is a guarded secret until the necessary time for the oracle to claim and debunk said fakeclaim(s). If set-up info is specc'd and put out right in the beginning of the game, I can only see that helping the scum to gain knowledge of what they're up against and to craft their game accordingly. That, coupled with the fact that you were specific about the number's of anti-town teams is what pinged me about you. It wasn't really a general statement like "ok guys, normally a balanced mafia gave has a 1-scum to 2-town ratio which means in a game of 33 we're looking to nab 11 anti-towns." Instead you were like "hmm I think there are 4-5 anti-town teams because that's what my experience and logic tells me". I don't even know how logic plays into knowing more than one third of this game has anti-towns in it, unless you know more than you are saying you do... and if that's the case, it doesn't feel townie of you. poo poo, the town Infi I know said it's hard to be anything but a lazy assjackal D1. You, as town infi, admitted to being a lazy assjackal D1 in another game and are basing your case on the fact that a player is being a lazy assjackal this game.... consistent much?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not feeling zimbo quite yet iirc he's pretty new? If that's the case and he's in a very large game I can understand his posts. Don't really like infs big post up above there.have been agreeing with Fisk which is very rare. I need to reread BK sometime today because his posting screams scum to me but I can't put a finger on why

I don't know Jimson or glowku's alignment, but izzhov is advocating a scenario that "guarantees" a lynch of glowku if jimson is town.

Unless glowku had a N0 cop (which was not claimed) glowku does not know Jimson's alignment.

IF glowku had a N0 cop, THEN glowku would have claimed it, because he would have no reason not to.

THEREFORE izzhov is advocating a blind lynch of one party based on a blind lynch of another party and saying it is the best case scenario.

If Izzhof CANNOT know that it's the best case scenario for town, Izzhov MUST know that BOTH Jimson and Glowku are not of Izzhov's alignment.

THEREFORE, izzhov is SCUM.

##vote izzhov

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, town points to Kashuno for pointing out that voting Jimson for the "scumslip" regardless of Jimson's (or even Kashuno's alignment) is scummy as hell.

Tobbs, first you get all "may the hammer of justice gently caress you in the arse" over voting Jim for, at the time, a REALLY suss potential scum-slip WHICH YOU ALSO VOTED IN. Now your giving Kash points on something that Kash didn't say which is that the vote for Jim was scummy, when what he clearly was stating was that voting a player based on the chance that the flip could be used to fuel a bandwagon on another player is scummy. I'm pretty sure Kash didn't imply voting someone based on a perceived scumslip was scummy BECAUSE KASH WAS THE FIRST TO VOTE JIM BASED ON THAT SLIP! This just looks like damage control on your part IMO, a bit suss if you ask me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DickBastardly posted:

Tobbs, first you get all "may the hammer of justice gently caress you in the arse" over voting Jim for, at the time, a REALLY suss potential scum-slip WHICH YOU ALSO VOTED IN. Now your giving Kash points on something that Kash didn't say which is that the vote for Jim was scummy, when what he clearly was stating was that voting a player based on the chance that the flip could be used to fuel a bandwagon on another player is scummy. I'm pretty sure Kash didn't imply voting someone based on a perceived scumslip was scummy BECAUSE KASH WAS THE FIRST TO VOTE JIM BASED ON THAT SLIP! This just looks like damage control on your part IMO, a bit suss if you ask me.

Fiiiiiirst of all: LIES.

I voted for Jimson many, many hours before he made the "scumslip" and had to read through 7 pages of bullshit before deciding to unvote him.

I'll have to re-read Kashuno to see when Kashuno voted him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't know Jimson or glowku's alignment, but izzhov is advocating a scenario that "guarantees" a lynch of glowku if jimson is town.

Unless glowku had a N0 cop (which was not claimed) glowku does not know Jimson's alignment.

IF glowku had a N0 cop, THEN glowku would have claimed it, because he would have no reason not to.

THEREFORE izzhov is advocating a blind lynch of one party based on a blind lynch of another party and saying it is the best case scenario.

If Izzhof CANNOT know that it's the best case scenario for town, Izzhov MUST know that BOTH Jimson and Glowku are not of Izzhov's alignment.

THEREFORE, izzhov is SCUM.

##vote izzhov

This is a stretch imo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Second of all, good point on Kashuno flip-flopping. Minus points for getting caught up in that bullshit parade, but he still retains points for seeing the votes come flying like so many rotten tomatoes and getting suspicious.

Momentum like that is very rarely a town push.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Fiiiiiirst of all: LIES.

I voted for Jimson many, many hours before he made the "scumslip" and had to read through 7 pages of bullshit before deciding to unvote him.

I'll have to re-read Kashuno to see when Kashuno voted him.

OK, well.. I should've researched your part in that better. But my second point still stands.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

DickBastardly posted:

OK, well.. I should've researched your part in that better. But my second point still stands.

"your part in that" being your vote on Jim that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DickBastardly posted:

Look. Look at this post.

You don't research players.
You case them.

You research them if you're planning on pinning something on them tho.

• Locked thread