Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep, i thought this episode sucked. I've had enough separatist droids to last me two lifetimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Lord Koth posted:

The Star Destroyer that dropped off the troops mysteriously vanishing was a bit odd though. Other than that the episode was good.

They probably thought 2 AT-ATs ( a tad overkill,perhaps) could handle it. Or maybe they were sent away on special orders (Thrawn,perhaps?). Like that one time Konstantin left Muttonchops Kallus behind.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Pretty sure I heard Pryce order Konstantine to contact the nearest Imperial outpost in range of Agamar and have them send forces to deal with the rebels, hence why we saw only shuttles and transports.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Gotta admit, I was kinda hoping the droids were going to join the Rebellion.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Superstring posted:

Same. Hoping they show up later,possibly as a Deus Ex Machina to save the gang from Thrawn in the finale,ensuing Season 4.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Pretty sure I heard Pryce order Konstantine to contact the nearest Imperial outpost in range of Agamar and have them send forces to deal with the rebels, hence why we saw only shuttles and transports.

Rewatch the scene where they take the command room and start having a discussion regarding who actually won the Clone Wars. When Zeb mentions "Because they're here" in regards to the Empire winning, the camera looks through the window (monitor?) at what has arrived, there's a Star Destroyer.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Man, there was one bit of dialogue in this episode that was just loving awful.

Ezra: "If none of you won the Clone War, then who did?"
Zeb: "The Empire."
Ezra: "That's right Zeb! But how did you know?"

Just so clunky and terrible and it doesn't even make sense.

I think Zeb wasn't answering EZzra. I think it was more of a "The Empire (is here guys)" given what he said just after that but I dunno. Thats how I read it at least.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think Zeb wasn't answering EZzra. I think it was more of a "The Empire (is here guys)" given what he said just after that but I dunno. Thats how I read it at least.

Yeah that's possible, but Zeb's isn't the worst part of it, it's Ezra's follow-up, "But how did you know! :aaaaa:"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Rewatch the scene where they take the command room and start having a discussion regarding who actually won the Clone Wars. When Zeb mentions "Because they're here" in regards to the Empire winning, the camera looks through the window (monitor?) at what has arrived, there's a Star Destroyer.

Well, oops.

Can't say the thread's lacking for confusion at the moment! :blush:

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Strangely heartwarming to see battle droids and Jedi/clones fighting side by side and commiserating over how they both got screwed over. I was happy a few of the droids escaped.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

These last 2 episodes were just kinda spinning their wheels. Just get to thrawn already

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's a small thing, but I really like the noise the Ghost makes as it exits hyperspace. Also Chopper was uncomfortably happy finding a crate full of explosives the previous episode.

More Mandalore next episode, with the return of Lucius Vorenus Fenn Rau

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 24, 2016

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

These last 2 episodes were just kinda spinning their wheels. Just get to thrawn already
Didn't Thrawn have a big role in the episode before this one?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moon Slayer posted:

Hell, tell me you wouldn't watch a police procedural set in the Star Wars universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoZBDIPDP8

LongDarkNight posted:

Remembers last time Star Wars and singing were combined. *screams silently*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpMr8Nwhi4

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Episodes like this last one really make me wish Rebels was 10-20 minutes longer.

I also now find myself jumping back onto Netflix to fill in the gaps in the episodes of CW I've seen.

Superstring posted:

Same. Where the hell are they even going to go?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

I remember the first half of that from years before Youtube, but I never had any idea there was more. Neat.

AndyElusive posted:

Same. Where the hell are they even going to go?

I was thinking the same thing. The tactical droid claimed the rebels had only a 1% chance of victory, but it's not like the group could do any better fighting the Empire by themselves.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just watched Rebel Recon a bit ago and apparently they theorize the Super Tac Droid might end up becoming an advisor for the Hutts or something.

Who knows though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Echoing the "wish they'd joined" sentiment. I also liked the Battledroids wounded pride.

So I mean, Kallus is going to defect at some point right?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Echoing the "wish they'd joined" sentiment. I also liked the Battledroids wounded pride.

So I mean, Kallus is going to defect at some point right?

Who's to say he hasn't already?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Am I going crazy and seeing things or do the buttons on the console kind of make a distorted Leia head. There are eyes then below that a mouth, then 2 buns on the side.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MizPiz posted:

Who's to say he hasn't already?

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think of that. He'll probably die when he's revealed though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Man, there was one bit of dialogue in this episode that was just loving awful.

Ezra: "If none of you won the Clone War, then who did?"
Zeb: "The Empire."
Ezra: "That's right Zeb! But how did you know?"

Just so clunky and terrible and it doesn't even make sense.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the whole point of that was to be cheeky because Ezra was loving with the Super Tactical Droid.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the whole point of that was to be cheeky because Ezra was loving with the Super Tactical Droid.

Yeah but more importantly did he ever find out who Roger was?

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah but more importantly did he ever find out who Roger was?

came here to laugh about this airplane joke

i thought the whole episode was hilarious and good

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

EVIL NOONER posted:

came here to laugh about this airplane joke

i thought the whole episode was hilarious and good

Me too. Then again I actually like the stupid Sep. Droids even if they are meant to be retarded. Something about them just makes me laugh.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzZJ_GZXhQ

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hey. That guy was in the Darth Maul comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tensokuu posted:

Me too. Then again I actually like the stupid Sep. Droids even if they are meant to be retarded. Something about them just makes me laugh.

There is an endearing quality in their dumbness.

In all the poo poo that is in the prequels a lot of people miss that Palpatine's plan is actually quite brilliant. He causes a crisis which not only brings him to supreme power, but also gathers up any organizations that could challenge his rule and destroys them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

More impressive, especially as shown in The Clone Wars series, is his ability to constantly adapt to the constant interference of the Jedi and others and sometimes even twist the outcomes of their heroics in his favor.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

More impressive, especially as shown in The Clone Wars series, is his ability to constantly adapt to the constant interference of the Jedi and others and sometimes even twist the outcomes of their heroics in his favor.

This is exactly the plot of The Phantom Menace.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
I absolutely loved that episode, but I may be biased because I've played in a ton of Star Wars RPGs and "Confederacy droids that have survived into the Imperial era as fringe survivors/rebels/lost soldiers" is one of my guiltiest pleasures. It also managed to pack in a ton of plot into a 22 minutes episode, even if the dialogue climaxes were excessively on the nose. Like a lot of people, I was really hoping the Tac droid would join up, mostly because I wanted to see him and Chopper's boyfriend from last season be working logistics together or something. Also found it amusing that the droids would say "Separatist Alliance" and not "Confederacy of Independent Systems"/"Seperatist Confederacy" because they ended up being protagonists this time around

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I don't know if I'd call it impressive. They had to keep writing in goofy reasons for how he maintained control during all the shinanigans going on that would have exposed him and his schemes up and until RotS.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

AndyElusive posted:

I don't know if I'd call it impressive. They had to keep writing in goofy reasons for how he maintained control during all the shinanigans going on that would have exposed him and his schemes up and until RotS.

I don't know, actually. Most of the time it seemed pretty sensible. They were looking in the wrong place to begin with. A lot of people thought of him as a reluctant leader in a time of war, the image he kept trying to present at least. Sometimes he got a little evil, but only in private. Even then, it doesn't really give away a "I'm really behind it all" kind of way, more of a "I might be for the war more than you think" kind of way. Even then, that just implies himself as a warhawk and is even expected after being at war so long.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Yeah, the idea of one man and his confederate playing both sides of a galactic war that causes enough murder and destruction to give power to the dark side and let palpatine take over is really clever.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

Holy poo poo TROOPS. I cannot believe it has been nearly 20 years since that came out. It was such a well done video and fits perfectly into the "what really happened" when they were looking for the droids.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Appro of nothing, but I'm convinced that Maul dies in this series for good, likely at the hands of Obi Wan. Though, I have no idea how you can avoid "is he really dead" without cutting him vertically in half, setting him on fire, and blasting him into the heart of the sun, considering what he survived.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Show his Force Ghost impotently cursing at an oblivious Obi-Wan, as Obi-Wan stands over his flaming corpse. I kind of want Maul to get a gently caress you to Palatine before he dies though. Something that Palps can't really easily dismiss, but doesn't permanently (or at least, not immediately) screw him. Something to do with helping the Rebels, even if only to get revenge on Palps seems to fit the bill.

Covok
May 27, 2013

tsob posted:

Show his Force Ghost impotently cursing at an oblivious Obi-Wan, as Obi-Wan stands over his flaming corpse. I kind of want Maul to get a gently caress you to Palatine before he dies though. Something that Palps can't really easily dismiss, but doesn't permanently (or at least, not immediately) screw him. Something to do with helping the Rebels, even if only to get revenge on Palps seems to fit the bill.

Sith can't become force ghosts. *adjusts nerd glasses*

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Covok posted:

he simply needs a redemption a la anakin skywalker

*punches glasses off your face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Covok posted:

Tell that to all the Sith Ghosts who lived in my Sorcerer's head not to mention my Sith Lord Ghost Dad in ToR :colbert:

• Locked thread