Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

MeLKoR posted:

Please don't forget to downloads pgabz user.cfg.

Eh, when my roomate gets back, I'm going to try it off-the-shelf. He's actually the one who wanted to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Don't they usually use those twitter ribbon things for like... little dying kids and mass shootings and poo poo?

What exactly does Star Citizen need a ribbon for?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Beet Wagon posted:

Don't they usually use those twitter ribbon things for like... little dying kids and mass shootings and poo poo?

I guess they could masquerade it as suicide prevention.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

OB_Juan posted:

Eh, when my roomate gets back, I'm going to try it off-the-shelf. He's actually the one who wanted to do this.

Why would you want to play the "game" without bugs?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beet Wagon posted:

Its for Autism Awareness

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

And everyone clipped through the floor happily ever after.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I had the pleasure of staying in Mihara, Japan, which is a small city about an hour South-East from Hiroshima, when I worked for Mitsubishi. It was a wonderful experience, but I never saw any of the weird odd weabboo poo poo, or things like this. There was *adult* manga in supermarkets and department stores in non segregated areas, but that was about it to the weirdness. They also had 5 gallon jugs of Sake, but finding a case of beer was difficult. It seemed like they shop everyday and don't do a lot of stuff in bulk. The restaurants also all had plastic food in the window so you could, uh, see your dish beforehand. Everyone was very friendly, but the bars were mostly dude only affairs. I saw a lot of businessmen crash their bikes and then decide they ought to ramen up before heading home. I had a great time! I speak a tiny bit of Japanese, so I got along great with everyone. They *really* appreciate the effort and it makes the trip great.

This is good info.

Thank you for posting your experience, friend! :)

I've heard that there's more "crazy" areas of Japan and a lot of normal areas. I also understand that anime is just as nerdy there as it is here, but I have only my read understanding to support that so I may be wrong.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

OB_Juan posted:

Saw the Fall 2016 free week dealie-o, thought I'd see if it's as bad as people had said.

Time to first problem - -??mins. Mistyped password when trying to log in, launcher would not login with subsequent, correct, attempts (it claimed some kind of session sync error). Had to close and restart launcher to log in.

Started patcher. 24gb download. Well, at least I'll get to walk around in space, I guess.

Patcher stops downloading ~ 4gb remaining. No reason given, no issue with connection. Restart patcher, patching completes.

How am I doing vs other people who've "played" so far?

You are well on your way of experiencing Robert's vision. I'd point you to in-game tutorial but that was deemed unnecessary since everything is so intuitive.

Once you start clipping through everything and experience nipple jets will you have a true commando card.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Paramemetic posted:

I am sad to say I looked up the source of this thing and it's an april fool's thing.

But it's totally believable, and that's enough.

Ah!

Well they got me, because I only know how batshit insane Japan seems, and that seemed logical for them to use. Maybe not daily, but at least one or two guys.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"

peter gabriel posted:

Anyone got any good recipes / pet pics?

Since soon it's that time of the year again...

Vanillekipferl recipe - http://imgur.com/gallery/r0sQU

I'd wager it's the best thing we ever came up with cookie-wise - if done propperly
Since the recipie is ok and the pics give you a good clue but the execution is somewhat lacking...

-> Some sidenotes (or how I learned it from Granny - she's 96 now and still makes several plates full every christmas)

--
Always use walnuts and/or hazelnuts instead of almonds - trust me on that one, it's sort of a texture thing and tastes better too

You could buy a dried Vanilla fruit and put it into a jar of powdered sugar some weeks before starting this but vanilla sugar is fine too

After prepping the batter put it into a cold room/fridge over night - not just an hour or so!

There are numerous benefits if you do it like this, the least one being the batter doesn't break that easily when handled later on
The only downside: you have to spend 10mins 1day prior to baking

Next day take it out and let it warm up half an hour before you start working with it
Batter should look like this and still feel slightly cool to the touch but not freezing cold and can be formed into crescents easily without breaking

Also don't start from little lumps - form a string and cut it like this instead

Then put them in the oven and watch it like a hawk
The part about getting/tasting burnt fast isn't an exaggeration - 10-12min tops depending on thickness - it's really the only thing that can go wrong very fast

--
¡¡¡¡¡¡ Now don't you dare eating them after you just baked 'em !!!!!!
--

Can't stress that point enough... (hence the dozen exclamation marks so everyone knows it's insane to do so)
Gran used to hide them away somewhere unfindable in the house when I was a kid - other cookies simply didn't compare so no worries there

Maybe 1 as a contrast to the endproduct if you really have to taste them fresh off the plate (like I simply had to the first time too)
Still - your tummy might not agree with the fresh product anyway and they most likely will taste like warm sawdust (you have been warned like I was...)

Let them cool down then put them into a tin box (where they can breath a bit so no super airtight containers)

for at least a week or two until they become soft and crumbly
--

At which point you may invite some friends over or bring some to work and let the battle for Vanillekipferl commence...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Rectal prolapse awareness day.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

cixorez posted:

I'd wager it's the best thing we ever came up with cookie-wise - if done propperly

This might come as a shock, but almost every european country has them in one form or another (mostly exactly as described in your recipe).

(e: Might just be confirmation bias on my end, though, because they're fairly common in these here parts of the slav-squatting-tracksuit-landia.
We do have decades of austro-hungarian oppression behind us, after all.
Either way, they sometimes serve them with espressos in fancier cafes and my grandma does tons of 'em around All saints' day and Christmas. :shrug:)

orcinus fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 24, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Colostomy Bag posted:

You are well on your way of experiencing Robert's vision. I'd point you to in-game tutorial but that was deemed unnecessary since everything is so intuitive.

Once you start clipping through everything and experience nipple jets will you have a true commando card.

Being a veteran of MWO, I'm sure I can deal with:
- No Tutorial
- poo poo-rear end UI
- Exciting "Features"
- Garbage documentation
- The Worst drat Fanbase Ever

Despite all of the so-called game's flaws, it can't be as bad as Niko-Snow era MWO. I know this in my heart.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

orcinus posted:

This might come as a shock, but almost every european country has them in one form or another (mostly exactly as described in your recipe).

(e: Might just be confirmation bias on my end, though, because they're fairly common in these here parts of the slav-squatting-tracksuit-landia.
We do have decades of austro-hungarian oppression behind us, after all.
Either way, they sometimes serve them with espressos in fancier cafes and my grandma does tons of 'em around All saints' day and Christmas. :shrug:)

No worries - by 'we' I meant good ol' Europe compared to the New World ;)

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

OB_Juan posted:

- No Tutorial
- poo poo-rear end UI
- Exciting "Features"
- Garbage documentation

Despite all of the so-called game's flaws, it can't be as bad as Niko-Snow era MWO. I know this in my heart.

Star Citizen makes any iteration of MWO look like [insert any well designed fun game from any genre]

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

cixorez posted:

No worries - by 'we' I meant good ol' Europe compared to the New World ;)

United we stand, under one vanille kipferl! :arghfist:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

- No Tutorial
- poo poo-rear end UI
- Exciting "Features"
- Garbage documentation

Every decision Chris Roberts makes is about 100 times worse than Ghost Heat.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Remember when they started selling those gold mechs and how everybody cried about it? Imagine if the entire foundation of your videogame was built around decisions like that except you had to pay more for something even less useful.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Although I do believe Transverse could have been a laugh riot.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

cixorez posted:

Let them cool down then put them into a tin box (where they can breath a bit so no super airtight containers)

--

At which point you may invite some friends over or bring some to work and let the battle for Vanillekipferl commence...

Thanks for sharing your powdered turd recipe.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

orcinus posted:

United we stand, under one vanille kipferl! :arghfist:

(c) Ryan Archer

Decrepus posted:

Yeah i knew comments like this one would follow but it's your loss if you dont try them regardless...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

cixorez posted:

(c) Ryan Archer

Do you also do these?

Bärentatze in german, i think.

(Sorry for diverging back onto food, thread.)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

OB_Juan posted:

Saw the Fall 2016 free week dealie-o, thought I'd see if it's as bad as people had said.

Time to first problem - -??mins. Mistyped password when trying to log in, launcher would not login with subsequent, correct, attempts (it claimed some kind of session sync error). Had to close and restart launcher to log in.

Started patcher. 24gb download. Well, at least I'll get to walk around in space, I guess.

Patcher stops downloading ~ 4gb remaining. No reason given, no issue with connection. Restart patcher, patching completes.

If you've attempted this much you've already lost

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

cixorez posted:

Since soon it's that time of the year again...

Vanillekipferl recipe - http://imgur.com/gallery/r0sQU

Since the recipie is ok and the pics give you a good clue but the execution is somewhat lacking...

-> Some sidenotes (or how I learned it from Granny - she's 96 now and still makes several plates full every christmas)

--
Always use walnuts and/or hazelnuts instead of almonds - trust me on that one, it's sort of a texture thing and tastes better too

You could buy a dried Vanilla fruit and put it into a jar of powdered sugar some weeks before starting this but vanilla sugar is fine too

After prepping the batter put it into a cold room/fridge over night - not just an hour or so!

There are numerous benefits if you do it like this, the least one being the batter doesn't break that easily when handled later on
The only downside: you have to spend 10mins 1day prior to baking

Next day take it out and let it warm up half an hour before you start working with it
Batter should look like this and still feel slightly cool to the touch but not freezing cold and can be formed into crescents easily without breaking

Also don't start from little lumps - form a string and cut it like this instead

Then put them in the oven and watch it like a hawk
The part about getting/tasting burnt fast isn't an exaggeration - 10-12min tops depending on thickness - it's really the only thing that can go wrong very fast

--
¡¡¡¡¡¡ Now don't you dare eating them after you just baked 'em !!!!!!
--

Can't stress that point enough... (hence the dozen exclamation marks so everyone knows it's insane to do so)
Gran used to hide them away somewhere unfindable in the house when I was a kid - other cookies simply didn't compare so no worries there

Maybe 1 as a contrast to the endproduct if you really have to taste them fresh off the plate (like I simply had to the first time too)
Still - your tummy might not agree with the fresh product anyway and they most likely will taste like warm sawdust (you have been warned like I was...)

--

Looks like cat turds.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

orcinus posted:

Do you also do these?

Bärentatze in german, i think.

(Sorry for diverging back onto food, thread.)

Nope only Vanillekipferl and Gugelhupf
Those two are the only ones expected from me by friends since their moms/grans couldn't do them like mine apparently

No clue why since both are among the most basic of recipies
Maybe because everyone adds stuff to the recipies to make them "fancier" than they have to be...

I also subtract the raisins from typical Gugelhupf since I dont get why they should be in there in the first place and everyone thanks me for that too

Just in case you meant if i could archer them:

quick and sloppy job but whatever at 4am...

Conspiratiorist posted:

Looks like cat turds.

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Unless you try them you'll never know...

--

But lets not derail the thread more than it already is - back to posting about starwrecks everyone...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

OB_Juan posted:

You've done all the best bits, it's all downhill from here

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the thread has been slow lately. has derek got a new blog or something out?

has citizencon effectively delayed the inevitable?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

the thread has been slow lately. has derek got a new blog or something out?

has citizencon effectively delayed the inevitable?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Oh good it wasn't just me who saw that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

surprisingly erotic!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

And then the architect just kept building the top floors and tearing them down again because he wasn't happy with how they would eventually interact with the foundation.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Development start date is always n-2, while the release date is always n+1.

Next year they'll say development really started in 2015 because thats when CIG concentrated in using their own studios instead of contractors. In 2018 they'll say development started in 2016 because thats when they actually created a development roadmap for SQ42

I think you'll find that development started in 2015, citing the kotaku article. They had to bring all of the contracted work in-house and soft-reboot the original modular game concept into the persistent MMO concept.

They only began work on the persistent Star Citizen after 1.2 released. So they developed 2.0 in less than four months. At that pace you'll find they are well ahead of schedule.
:smug:

MeLKoR posted:

Croberts said Star Marine was weeks away from release half a year before CIG even started development.

That was for a game that isn't being worked on anymore. 2.0 is the Star Citizen that happened after the community voted to expand the scope of the game. Star Marine 1.0 was being developed for the lovely five million dollar game which no one wanted. What we are getting today is Star Marine 2.0 for the 2.0 game. Furthermore, they are taking their time to do it right the first time... starting... now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

And then the architect just kept building the top floors and tearing them down again because he wasn't happy with how they would eventually interact with the foundation.

More like the architect, after building the top floors first, kept rebuilding the foundation.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

My experience has been largely the same:

Oh, ok, let me just reset my passwo-:

I agree? I think?

And away we go.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Crotch hoover mode eng... eng... eng... disen... engaged.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Oh hey, roomy!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

Oh hey, roomy!

And with that, another Star Shitizen is viciously doxxed.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I knew there was something off about this Gord feller:

quote:

Again they left, to return at 3pm.
Only this time I had put the Wing Commander movie on and a group was watching it.
So they came to the counter.

"You promised us that we could play games by ourselves today! So you better tell those people to turn that movie off."

"What was that? Shut the hell up so I can watch my movie?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

And with that, another Star Shitizen is viciously doxxed.

Hey, someone on FB linked me the free alpha and I had to witness the shitshow for my self.

By the way, it turns out the patcher in no way throttles itself and renders the rest of your connection unable to even load a web page.

vs

Deviant fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 24, 2016

• Locked thread