Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, I think the only Ideas sets that weren't super available were the Ladies of Science and the Exosuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Wasn't the initial run of Wall-e screwed up? So it was better to wait.

I dunno, I ordered mine online and got it almost immediately. Unless you're talking about whatever that neck fix was, but I never had a problem with that in the first place.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, the neck thing. I could have sworn I got mine at release, too. But maybe I didn't. I forget.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pyroclastic posted:

Speaking of hoarding and scalpers, the UK Lego Store website says that some biggies are retiring.
http://www.bricktoynews.com/lego-sets-retiring-ewok-village-pet-shop-opera-house/

75059 Star Wars Sandcrawler
21304 Doctor Who
21303 Wall-E
21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1
10236 Ewok Village
10234 Sydney Opera House
10218 Pet Shop

21302 The Big Bang Theory

I want quite a few of those.... Should I order now or wait for the December double points?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cloks posted:

I want quite a few of those.... Should I order now or wait for the December double points?

Order now. Announcing retirement pretty much means current stock is the end. No more will be produced. And it's currently double points, so there ya go.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do you think I'll still be able to snag a Wall-E sometime in November?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Waltzing Along posted:

Wasn't the initial run of Wall-e screwed up? So it was better to wait.

Yeah. There were actually two different fixes. The first one was for the ratcheting pieces at the base of the neck. They didn't have a strong enough friction, so the weight of the head would cause it to fall forward. The second fix was for where the neck meets the head, where they completely changed how the build works, and replaced one of those two piece technic friction hinges with a ball joint, because the initial build had the head connected with one technic pin that had no friction, so the head would spin freely.

Edit: To be clear, if you emailed Lego about it, they would send you the required pieces and replacement pages for the instructions free of charge.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Nooooo

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
A heat gun and some patience is all you need mate.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Do you think I'll still be able to snag a Wall-E sometime in November?

I wouldn't count on it. I just put an order in at the Australian lego store for it and got an email saying it's out of stock. It's not clear if this means they'll eventually get one to me but either way it doesn't sound good.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I don't know whether I want the BBT set, on the one hand it is a bit meh on the other hand it has all the awesome detail in the shelfs etc. But 60 €....hmmm

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hopper posted:

poo poo, I don't know whether I want the BBT set, on the one hand it is a bit meh on the other hand it has all the awesome detail in the shelfs etc. But 60 €....hmmm

Check Amazon, here in the States it's like 42 bucks. I've considered buying it a few times just for all the cool bits even though I dislike the show.

Bit the bullet and ordered WALL-E, Doctor Who and the pet shop. I'll wait for the next double points month to buy the yellow submarine and another modular.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lego instructions or Lepin?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone noticed that the bricklink auto finder for want lists seems to be not working properly? I'm getting time outs and unless the list is just a few items long, nothing happens.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ChesterJT posted:

Lego instructions or Lepin?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I think the only Ideas sets that weren't super available were the Ladies of Science and the Exosuit.

Exosuit was pretty easy to get for a while. I don't think Ladies of Science flew off the shelves, but it sold steadily and within a month wasn't available. Curiosity was gone so quickly I never saw it on shelves. Birds hung on for a while. Hayabusa and Shinkai 6500 were also pretty limited, but that was back when Cuusoo was Japan-only and I don't think the sets were ever in stores, just on the website.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

This thread finally got me to pick up a Wall-E, but yeah, the Exo-Suit stuck around for a pretty long time and I think I picked up the Birds after they officially retired at below MSRP new. I can see why Wall-E could shoot up in the resale market, but the novelty of "Disney Lego" isn't exactly what it was when Wall-E got announced and I think the resale market will be a lot heavier on minifigs and Disney Princesses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The first run of the exo-suit went insanely fast, you couldn't get it for months and I think this thread has a bunch of posts of me whining about it. Lego's second run was enormous though and it was available on shelves for months.

The problem with the research institute is it got internet buzz and they never made a second run. Rumors were the printed bricks were too hard to put back into production.

Curiosity rover is a mythical thing that does not exist.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

xzzy posted:

Curiosity rover is a mythical thing that does not exist.

i have one my desk at work, and it is awesome :colbert:

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I wonder what's making the Apollo take so long. Guess they have a lot of options on how to package it and how much playability it needs.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I told the GF that BBT is being along with Dr Who and Wall e. Her: "Good thing we bought Dr. Who already, but looks like no wall e for me then, I can't justify buying it right now" (We just spent 220 for Tower bridge on Saturday)

So I just ordered somebody's Christmas present today... just when I was thinking I had no idea what to get her this year ...

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

w00tazn posted:

I wonder what's making the Apollo take so long. Guess they have a lot of options on how to package it and how much playability it needs.

yeah, that's gonna be an instant buy for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just a heads up. If you are down to the wire and worried about finding ideas sets, Barnes and Noble keeps a good stick of them. Obviously go to a Lego store if that's an option too.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Mr. Glass posted:

:same:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Mr. Glass posted:

Don't you mean 7 instant buys? One for each landing mission, and one to customize with a blown-out panel and O2 tank.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

Don't you mean 7 instant buys? One for each landing mission, and one to customize with a blown-out panel and O2 tank.

:getin:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Electromax posted:

Alright, last one because I'm gonna stop working on it for now, but I made a roof and stuff. I also ran out of grey tiles so I sort of approximated the logo on the sidewalk instead.

I started making an interior to the restaurant, but put in the red booths and got bored. Someday.

Goddamn this is stellar work.

Please replace those Palace posters with custom ones for Sack Lunch, Death Blow, and The English Patient.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bloodysabbath posted:

Goddamn this is stellar work.

Please replace those Palace posters with custom ones for Sack Lunch, Death Blow, and The English Patient.

Brick Lunch, aaaand that's all I got.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Rochelle Rochelle if you want to stick with fictional films

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Got the Caterham today. Also the ninjago dune buggy thing because my kid wanted it. Got a vampire thingy on sale for 4.99 instead of 9.99.

Always Be Lego-ing.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXy2WfbeD4
White bricks look a little like toasted marshmallows when they melt.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Big Ben has arrived... just in time for the weekend.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Sorry if a repost, but here's some pics of some upcoming batman movie minifigs and sets. Some really cool pieces and prints.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-batman-movie-sets-and-minifigures-revealed-purple-boxing-gloves-and-bowtie/

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Sorry if a repost, but here's some pics of some upcoming batman movie minifigs and sets. Some really cool pieces and prints.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-batman-movie-sets-and-minifigures-revealed-purple-boxing-gloves-and-bowtie/

I love that Mr. Freeze. It's a shame it's probably going to get tied into one of those "playset" style sets that I don't much care for.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Mr. Yuk posted:

I love that Mr. Freeze. It's a shame it's probably going to get tied into one of those "playset" style sets that I don't much care for.

The Batman vs. Mr Freeze set looks fairly small actually. Looks like a £15 set to me.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Mr. Yuk posted:

It's this set. I dunno if there's a price yet but it looks like the smallest set from the movie line.

e: beaten.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's kind of a shame they've reused the ice block setpiece that they used in the last Mr Freeze set BUT I loved it there so it's actually fine (though this one doesn't seem to include a mechanism for breaking out of the ice?)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Glad those mini joints are still showing up, but goddamn what a garbage set.

The "lair" is just an 8x8 wall with a few printed bricks on it? :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

xzzy posted:

Glad those mini joints are still showing up, but goddamn what a garbage set.

The "lair" is just an 8x8 wall with a few printed bricks on it? :effort:

I quite like the smaller diorama style sets. They look good on my desk for a while and really what you're paying for is the figures. Same reason I really liked the little traffic light section in the Spider-Man/Ghost Rider set. Not great for play though, admittedly.