Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Outrail posted:

It's hard to freehand with a mouse in MS paint.

Not if you use line tool and hold shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

sticklefifer posted:

Not if you use line tool and hold shift.

Hey hey hey slow down now. I'm too busy making these graphs to learn advanced paint techniques like that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I like the extra touch that it's not just a straight line. That's how you know it's real data.

Of course, some fraud is worse more Billions of Dollars than other fraud

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Is the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners even a legitimate organization

When accountants get bored, they think up new professional associations to add to their business cards. It works because you can usually stack the continuing education requirements.

Best regards,
lavaca, CPA, CIA, CTP, CISA, CGMA, CFE, PMP, ETC

Edit: This is what the world looks like if you are a Certified Fraud Examiner with a brain injury.

lavaca has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Oct 25, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's three triangles :colbert:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

A triforce, if you will

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gorilla Salad posted:

Three impossible triangles.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Somfin posted:

In an impossible configuration.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Therefore fraud is impossible.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gorilla Salad posted:

Therefore fraud is impossible.

Where should I send the invoice

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Well, clearly, I have severe dehydration now after looking at this chart.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm extremely disappointed diarrhoea wasn't the gross burgundy coloured wedge at the bottom

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why isn't rusty coloured piss/inability to piss one of the symptoms? I mean it's the easiest thing for a second party to diagnose with.

Oh your piss is yellow, drink some water dumbass.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

uhhh ignore this

e: content?

FairyNuff has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Oct 25, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Geokinesis posted:

uhhh ignore this

e: content?

Oh poo poo I loved Due South.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
Tossed salad?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

re: fraud "triangles" the only part of the "chart" that is fraud isn't even triangle shaped either :cmon:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Well, clearly, I have severe dehydration now after looking at this chart.

Why, are you in a coma or dead?

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Phlegmish posted:

Is the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners even a legitimate organization

There was a guy who lived in my neighborhood and I went to high school and years later briefly worked with whose dad was one. His dad's license plate was his initials and CFE. The kid was a cokehead who had a son when he was like 17.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I remember seeing this one before in this thread, didn't a goon make that to purposefully render the information as unreadable as possible?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like I'm going insane. Why would you not order that by month at the very least?!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I feel like I'm going insane. Why would you not order that by month at the very least?!

Because it’s intentionally, ironically bad.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That's shown up at least once already and yeah it's an intentionally bad graph made for one of the primary threads IIRC.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Somfin posted:

It's hard to image that someone thought that creating an Escher-like construction was the right choice to ease comprehension.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah there was someone making a bunch of graphs like that intentionally bad for fun in one of the USPol threads a while back. I'll see if I can dig up the others, I'm pretty sure I posted some in this thread before.

e: nope, must have been a different thread

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

The fun part is that it actually is ordered along the x-axis in spite of not looking ordered

e: or ... it isn't? It looked like it was ordered by population but there are things out of place, so :downs:

No Safe Word has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Oct 26, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

No Safe Word posted:

The fun part is that it actually is ordered along the x-axis in spite of not looking ordered

e: or ... it isn't? It looked like it was ordered by population but there are things out of place, so :downs:

It's ordered by number of Republican delegates :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's the thing I love about that graph. You can technically use it and find the info you're looking for. It's just way more complicated than it should be.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fathis Munk posted:

That's the thing I love about that graph. You can technically use it and find the info you're looking for. It's just way more complicated than it should be.

Should send it to the party webpage and see if the use it somewhere.

Switch the colors to red white and blue though.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

vyelkin posted:

Yeah there was someone making a bunch of graphs like that intentionally bad for fun in one of the USPol threads a while back. I'll see if I can dig up the others, I'm pretty sure I posted some in this thread before.

e: nope, must have been a different thread
It was in C-SPAM (or I guess it was Election Erection at the time). Probably the Republican thread, which I think is still the current Trump thread, so they might still be somewhere in there.

Lord Hydronium has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Oct 26, 2016

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Foxhound posted:

Why, are you in a coma or dead?

Yep, just woke up. Doctors said it could take years but I was lucky I guess.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
:catstare:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

This is formatted like one of those "you can put whatever notes you want onto a 3x5 card and use it on the test" cards.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Seems legit.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

You can't post that chart without also posting the video of Cecile Richards clowning on Jason Chaffetz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGlLLzw5_KM

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lord Hydronium posted:

It was in C-SPAM (or I guess it was Election Erection at the time). Probably the Republican thread, which I think is still the current Trump thread, so they might still be somewhere in there.

since someone just quoted it here's the post

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205&pagenumber=1486&perpage=40#post450957932

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

And here are some of the other amazing graphs from that thread, mostly from forums user NotJesus: