Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

orcinus posted:

MAGNETS!

I still have no idea how they work.

Edit: Cat tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Okay, then.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

The more likely question is:

"So... we're supposed to be impressed you made a mediocre FPS with the Crysis engine, which is designed specifically for FPS games?"

Mediocre? We're talking about the CoD Killah!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nothing says "I can make a cutting edge 3D MMO!" quite like making a 2D single player isometric shooter game in the 1995.

Followed up by nothing else.

Until now!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

:siren: :siren: Shart Citizen inbound :siren: :siren:

https://www.twitch.tv/ohgodkillerbees

Stream starting soon.

LMFAO, did a hyperjump just crash your machine?

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

needs new friends

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

MAGNETS!

It looks like the base on the ceiling is a magnet.

But is your ceiling magnetic? No? So how is the base up there?

Probably screwed in, or using some sort of adhesive. The pipe part probably disconnects.

But who knows! I don't know anything about magnetic ceiling iPhone holder development.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Probably screwed in, or using some sort of adhesive. The pipe part probably disconnects.

But who knows! I don't know anything about magnetic ceiling iPhone holder development.

MAAAGNEEEETS!

(But seriously, the idea is that you put up those lovely plates in your rooms, then the stupid-rear end aluminium pole attaches to it using a magnet. It's the dumbest thing i've seen in the past week.)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

orcinus posted:

LMFAO, did a hyperjump just crash your machine?

Yes. It also hosed up OBS so hard I had to terminate it too.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Lazrin posted:

they are matter-of-factly using procedural tech to generate the planets... yes, the terrain... and stream it to the client as needed. just like elite, just like nms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Titanic posted:

Can I remove the plates?
The double-sided tape is very strong. Yes, you can remove it, but it may leave some marks. If you use the screws it will be easier to do so.

Can I permanently affix it to the ceiling?
Absolutely. With only two screws.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

"Haha yeah, and the only two or so people who know me? No, they don't post here! Lol! But they are so impressed with everything too, of course!"

I hope some day we learn which company controls all these poster personas.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

MAAAGNEEEETS!

(But seriously, the idea is that you put up those lovely plates in your rooms, then the stupid-rear end aluminium pole attaches to it using a magnet. It's the dumbest thing i've seen in the past week.)

Yeah, what I figured. It looks like poo poo and is gaudy. And when you actually use it you're guaranteed to feel and look stupid.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Deviant posted:

So, one can assume it's going according to plan then? At least, according to CIG's "plan".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I still have no idea how they work.

Edit: Cat tax

Through electroweak interaction, duh.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

This is pretty much the entire 2 hour stream summed up in one 50 second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkijEQn_fo

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

The Titanic posted:

"Haha yeah, and the only two or so people who know me? No, they don't post here! Lol! But they are so impressed with everything too, of course!"

I hope some day we learn which company controls all these poster personas.

Impossible to tell. i have no doubt they pay shills, but there doesn't appear to be any company policy on employees posting. Some self identify, but i doubt they all do. I mean why pay shills if you have delusional devs who will defend themselves.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jason Sextro posted:

he's done a good job convincing me I'd never want to use CryEngine for anything

Lol. :)

Seriously. I think Star Citizen may be taking Crytek sales with it. It's like a two for one deal.

Does CryTek list CIG as a company using its product or are they hiding it?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DogonCrook posted:

Impossible to tell. i have no doubt they pay shills, but there doesn't appear to be any company policy on employees posting. Some self identify, but i doubt they all do. I mean why pay shills if you have delusional devs who will defend themselves.

Sadly true. May never know. It may genuinely be some random delusional fan. :shrug:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

Through electroweak interaction, duh.

Still stronger than gravity.

You obviously know nothing....

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7175885/#Comment_7175885

:eyepop:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Still stronger than gravity.

You obviously know nothing....

That might explain why we figured out jumping a couple of million years ago, whereas lasers and nuclear fission happened pretty much this morning. :D

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

Now that you mention it I'm not sure he has ever replied to me. :negative:

Me neither, and I've tried to directly engage him a few times, hoping he'd respond and engage in genuine, non-ridiculous arguments to tell me why he feels the way he does.

He's targeting Derek and it looks like people he sees as Derek's cronies. The rest of us are invisible.

Marketers gotta market!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

Brilliant.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Yeah, what I figured. It looks like poo poo and is gaudy. And when you actually use it you're guaranteed to feel and look stupid.

I still don't get why anyone would want to use it, gaudiness and shittyness aside.
Have you ever heard someone go "oh my god, my neck and hands HURT SO MUCH from holding a tablet and/or a cellphone"?

e: I mean, poo poo, i carry an iPad Pro everywhere and use it as a comic-book/ebook reader (among other things) and i've never had the need to have it hanging of a ceiling (or even have it mounted on a stand or a wall or anything similar).

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

This is pretty much the entire 2 hour stream summed up in one 50 second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkijEQn_fo

Star Citizen: No Landing Zone In Range

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

That might explain why we figured out jumping a couple of million years ago, whereas lasers and nuclear fission happened pretty much this morning. :D

Cool. Expect to see this in 2.6 via Roberts. ;)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exinos posted:

With years of development CIG has been able to create about 20 minutes worth of content but I'm sure once that pipeline has been refactored with the cloud and power of the machines everything will be fine.

The best part is that the 20 minutes involves stuff nobody asked for.

Grounded to your wank pod? Which stretch goal was that?

A ship respawn timer complete with mobile game-level "use coins to reduce time" mechanic? Is this the vaunted insurance system that sounded nothing like this?

Even now, something like trading isn't in. This could literally be a number that goes up and down and doesn't go lower than zero or exceed some maximum, isn't even near ready or on the horizon. What's promised for cargo management is absolutely loving insane though, much like everything else.

I'm also sure everybody remembers the "fight a giant Dune sandworm" goal, because working on that is top priority over getting the basics going.

It'll be fine though. This Christmas everybody will be playing Star Citizen (except us, because we're Forever Banned as disbelievers). :smuggo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

I still don't get why anyone would want to use it, gaudiness and shittyness aside.
Have you ever heard someone go "oh my god, my neck and hands HURT SO MUCH from holding a tablet and/or a cellphone"?

e: I mean, poo poo, i carry an iPad Pro everywhere and use it as a comic-book/ebook reader (among other things) and i've never had the need to have it hanging of a ceiling (or even have it mounted on a stand or a wall or anything similar).

Nope. I am on my phone pretty much constantly. Like now. I don't think this scheme is going to roll in backer millions.

Maybe they need to remove the pole, and sell the dream of someday having a pole.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

Mediocre? We're talking about the CoD Killah!

MeLKoR: [new note] May actually be Chris Roberts.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Nope. I am on my phone pretty much constantly. Like now. I don't think this scheme is going to roll in backer millions.

Maybe they need to remove the pole, and sell the dream of someday having a pole.

A procedural pole.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

The Titanic posted:

MeLKoR: [new note] May actually be Chris Roberts.

Uses words instead of flailing arms to communicate, can't be Croberts.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/592llu/if_cig_thinks_2016_isnt_likely_for_30_anymore/d96g0v5/

:yikes:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Played game. Game is bad.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

OB_Juan posted:

Played game. Game is bad.

Upvoted.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
It's cool how cig is supposed to be basking in the afterglow of the citicon demo where shilling is high and whale discontent is in a valley. Instead beer is getting 30 up votes on reddit.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Oooh, ooh, I know! I know!

Yes. Yes you can.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

It is lumpy uneven metal.

It is a great reflection on how the company operates.

Why use an easily cleanable hygienic table when an overpriced lumpy thing that the workers (even in the picture you take) don't use because it sucks eating off a table when your plate wobbles all over the effing place.

Not to mention its a treat to clean and they have multiples of them. For a room that barely sees four bodies at a time. And only when its free cake or fan food delivery hour.

I was wondering this.

I know they like to be extravagant, but shouldn't you still make your food area hygienic at the cost of not looking like the wing of a WW2 era airplane?

That's got to be gross to clean. And a pain to eat off of, while also being useless to write on.

It's effectively the worlds worst table. So I guess it's logical that CIG must have all of them. :)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

The sad part is that this is the state of the game that crobbler WANTED people to see. They didn't HAVE to make it free just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Does anyone remember Sandi's friend, Fuzzy Modem?

• Locked thread