Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exinos posted:

Uses words instead of flailing arms to communicate, can't be Croberts.

True.

MeLKoR: [delete note] [add note] Cannot be Chris Roberts. The hunt continues!

(Note: I doubt Chris Roberts knows how to use his own forums much less other social media. He's about as much "into computers" as a shark is into a school of fish. [He's only there because they taste good and are dumb, but won't hang out with them on his own])

I used enough braces and brackets to appease my inner nerd. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/352486/community-manager-s-log-and-schedule-october-24th-2016#latest

I too am glad of it commando

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The inevitable realization that the whole community is being used only for their money draws ever closer.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

eat our dust, infinite jest

Bonus points for this thread being just as pedantic.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

Bonus points for this thread being just as pedantic.

this thread is the infinite best

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

OB_Juan posted:

The sad part is that this is the state of the game that crobbler WANTED people to see. They didn't HAVE to make it free just now.

So did our myriad of warnings and expectations pan out?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Mirificus posted:

Does anyone remember Sandi's friend, Fuzzy Modem?

Isn't he the guy who kept going into jpeg spaceship design competitions?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

It's cool how cig is supposed to be basking in the afterglow of the citicon demo where shilling is high and whale discontent is in a valley. Instead beer is getting 30 up votes on reddit.
Dark days indeed.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
These latest most sane/ clear minded reactions that come as an aftermath to the CitCon and the subsequent ATV video, which surprisingly quite a few rushed to claim that it had again showed them the true light and they regreted their disbelief, are the equivalent of someone in a sitcom realising that the joke is on them a minute later than everyone else (and the audience) does.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Last active: July 21, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Does anyone remember Sandi's friend, Fuzzy Modem?

Shawn Weixelman

The "Happy Alaskan"

Suspect indicted in alleged sex abuse, Jul 26, 2016 posted:

Fairbanks — A 36-year-old Fairbanks man has been indicted on 13 counts of sex abuse of a minor.

Shawn Thomas Weixelman allegedly abused a girl during a six-month period in 2010 and twice in 2014, according to the indictment.

The abuse reportedly began when the girl was 8 years old and ended when she was 14.

Weixelman is charged with 11 counts of felony first-degree and two counts of felony second-degree sexual abuse of a minor.

He is scheduled to be arraigned at 2 p.m. today in Fairbanks Superior Court.

Contact the newsroom at 459-7572.
http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/suspect-indicted-in-alleged-sex-abuse/article_9ed2ae4e-53ce-11e6-8acf-631fe6547d49.html

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
welp

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That's certainly something.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The whole fiasco so far reminds me of the Simpsons episode where homer enters the children's competition to design a new nuclear power plant

Everything they do is so basic and usually rear end backwards , but everyone applauds them like they're retarded man children who need the attention as validation or else they'll refuse to clean their rooms

That's a very nice space ship CIG here take my $1000 , oooh can we have one with a RED stripe ? I think that would be really sharp. You're so good pat pat have a cookie

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Why is it always Star Trek with these people

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"We always say there are two types of pedophiles: Star Trek and Star Wars," says Det. Ian Lamond, the unit's second-in-command. "But it's mostly Star Trek."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So what gets released first, that guy, or Star Citizen?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
RSI mods knew

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fuzzy Modem posted:

She's designed to broadside in decoupled flight mode.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Deviant posted:

This is pretty much the entire 2 hour stream summed up in one 50 second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkijEQn_fo

Now you must be inspired to run off and buy your 750$ chariot commando!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

ripptide posted:

Now you must be inspired to run off and buy your 750$ chariot commando!

"AGHH! AGHH! I'M SPINNING IN CIRCLES WHY AM I SPINNING"

"Turn your thrusters on."

"HOW DO I DO THAT?"

"It's '6'."

"Oh. Of course it is."

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Colostomy Bag posted:

So did our myriad of warnings and expectations pan out?

Pretty much. Game locked up, was wonky as poo poo in general. The ships turned so quickly, I'm not sure how you're supposed to "do" combat other than thrust around off axis, and keep your opponent loosely in front of you while you keep clicking on them. Maybe the combat strategy is in where you shoot them?

There wasn't much to do. Fly to a space relay, shoot two pirates, press a button. Fly back. Blow up waves of dumbass bots. Race, I guess?

Never got around to firing personal weapons. Tried to buy a laser pistol, couldn't figure out how.

Game could use some kind of instruction. Ultimately, you rub up against things and mash F until something happens, or stops happening.

I honestly can't see how they could start from scratch, take 4 or 5 years, get to where they are now, and think that they were going to end up anywhere.

Maybe there's a game in there that's worth playing, but I can't see it.

Deviant posted:

"AGHH! AGHH! I'M SPINNING IN CIRCLES WHY AM I SPINNING"

"Turn your thrusters on."

"HOW DO I DO THAT?"

"It's '6'."

"Oh. Of course it is."

Oh, there's a lot of this.

gently caress THE KEYBIND LAYOUT. gently caress WHOEVER THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD SETUP. gently caress THAT PRESENTATION OF IT.

Also, lol that the joystick/hotas demo joystick was that $20 logitech one.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 25, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Never got around to firing personal weapons. Tried to buy a laser pistol, couldn't figure out how.

I was able to shoot my rifle, but there was nothing to shoot it at.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

The inevitable realization that the whole community is being used only for their money draws ever closer.

I sense a disturbance in the farce....As if millions of Roberts vacations suddenly cried out...

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

OB_Juan posted:

Pretty much. Game locked up, was wonky as poo poo in general. The ships turned so quickly, I'm not sure how you're supposed to "do" combat other than thrust around off axis, and keep your opponent loosely in front of you while you keep clicking on them. Maybe the combat strategy is in where you shoot them?

There wasn't much to do. Fly to a space relay, shoot two pirates, press a button. Fly back. Blow up waves of dumbass bots. Race, I guess?

Game could use some kind of instruction. Ultimately, you rub up against things and mash F until something happens, or stops happening.

I honestly can't see how they could start from scratch, take 4 or 5 years, get to where they are now, and think that they were going to end up anywhere.

Maybe there's a game in there that's worth playing, but I can't see it.

Oh, there's a lot of this.

gently caress THE KEYBIND LAYOUT. gently caress WHOEVER THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD SETUP. gently caress THAT PRESENTATION OF IT.

Also, lol that the joystick/hotas demo joystick was that $20 logitech one.

Funny fact....the tutorial they used to have (which was basically little more than what one would expect from a scripted SQ42 mission) was so buggy that, even though they left it in for ages, they finally just hacked it out instead of fixing it......

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe you should have done some research before you played the game :smugdog:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Jesus loving chris.

And I almost felt kind of bad for the guy when the thread was ripping mercilessly on his embarrassing scifi movie.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
To date, nobody has been able to properly describe how insurance works in the game. Specifically what LTI actually is and how its mechanisms work and affect the overall gameworld.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Ghostlight posted:

"We always say there are two types of pedophiles: Star Trek and Star Wars," says Det. Ian Lamond, the unit's second-in-command. "But it's mostly Star Trek."

Chris Roberts is trying to introduce a 3rd type of pedophile but it's basically just an unoriginal Frankenstein of the first 2.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

comatose posted:

Maybe you should have done some research before you played the game :smugdog:

Oh yeah, that white knight that showed up talking poo poo about how we hadn't researched the game before playing it.

The gently caress even is that? Why would I want to play a game that has a fanbase like that?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This game is too much!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Update: The only thing in the game that worked without incident was the uninstaller.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I love that content locust is used as a legitimate descriptor of someone who wants to experience some tangible playable progress from the project after X years.

My favourite argument used so far against people for having reasonable expectations is "You are like a five-year-old-child who wants their candy, and wants it N O W."

Candy yesterday and candy tomorrow, but never candy today.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : Trick or Treat?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Holy poo poo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Exinos posted:

Chris Roberts is trying to introduce a 3rd type of pedophile but it's basically just an unoriginal Frankenstein of the first 2.
The venn diagram of paedophiles is just a circle containing the word "star".

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"here is my opinion of sandi gardiner - she is a good and charming person", said dude who sexually molests children

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

Suspect indicted in alleged sex abuse, Jul 26, 2016 posted:

Fairbanks — A 36-year-old Fairbanks man has been indicted on 13 counts of sex abuse of a minor.

Shawn Thomas Weixelman allegedly abused a girl during a six-month period in 2010 and twice in 2014, according to the indictment.

The abuse reportedly began when the girl was 8 years old and ended when she was 14.

Weixelman is charged with 11 counts of felony first-degree and two counts of felony second-degree sexual abuse of a minor.

He is scheduled to be arraigned at 2 p.m. today in Fairbanks Superior Court.

Contact the newsroom at 459-7572.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/suspect-indicted-in-alleged-sex-abuse/article_9ed2ae4e-53ce-11e6-8acf-631fe6547d49.html

Holee poo poo.

Chin posted:

Jesus loving chris.

And I almost felt kind of bad for the guy when the thread was ripping mercilessly on his embarrassing scifi movie.

People weren't really that bad about it.
It was mostly pretty solid and to the point advice (camera angles, dialogue etc.).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:aatrek:

alf_pogs posted:

"here is my opinion of sandi gardiner - she is a good and charming person", said dude who sexually molests children

:sbahj:

alternatively: sandi knew

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

Update: The only thing in the game that worked without incident was the uninstaller.

Make sure it didn't delete your AppData folder or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Candy yesterday and candy tomorrow, but never candy today.

~ Shawn Weixelman

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen : Trick or Treat?

~ Shawn Weixelman

• Locked thread