Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I look for 90's era Land Cruisers and LX450s pretty regularly. There are always ones that pop up cheap, but they usually dont stay posted for more than a few days. One of those searches where if that's really what you want, you have to look constantly and be prepared to move.

That's what happened here. I missed a 1-owner with documentation '96 go for $3750 the day before by mere minutes, but I don't even know if that truck had lockers. I was in touch with the seller for the one I bought ~15 minutes after he posted it. This one will be fine for the money spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Gabby_Jay posted:

It's been almost 8 years since I posted my first proper car purchase in this thread, an XR6 Falcon ute (the pictures were on waffleimages so they're broken now). It was great for work purposes, I loved driving it for all those years, but now that I don't need to lug office equipment around I wanted something small and nimble. So far this BRZ has been a perfect fit.

(drat electrical box, would have been a nicer shot without it)

Do you still have the XR6, or any pictures of it? I had an AU XR6 ute a few years ago for my (too short) time in Tasmania. 2001, with the goofy round headlights.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Chiwie posted:

There are a couple of invite only ones, shoot me a PM if you want to join.

done

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

ExecuDork posted:

Do you still have the XR6, or any pictures of it? I had an AU XR6 ute a few years ago for my (too short) time in Tasmania. 2001, with the goofy round headlights.

Mine was a BA from 2004, much more conventional design than the strange AU frontend.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Gabby_Jay posted:

Mine was a BA from 2004, much more conventional design than the strange AU frontend.

the au was odd but did spawn the ts/te50's which were about the only falcon i ever wanted to drive

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Tremek posted:

That's what happened here. I missed a 1-owner with documentation '96 go for $3750 the day before by mere minutes, but I don't even know if that truck had lockers. I was in touch with the seller for the one I bought ~15 minutes after he posted it. This one will be fine for the money spent.

Realtalk on the headgasket preventative maintenance.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poo poo poo poo.

Yes I put it on stands eventually

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Biggest issues with the 1FZ motor down here was everyone stuck em on gas to try and offset the horrific economy of the motor and they suffer from really bad valve seat erosion. Eventually the valve stem seals end up going at about 300K kms and they need an overhaul to fix the oil burning issues.

Thats seriously dirt cheap- you'd be horrified at what the turbo diesel 80's sell for in Australia...

its nuts. The YOUNGEST is 20 years old now!

Then the 100 series is even WORSE. You can buy a V8 petrol for under $25K easily now, but the turbo diesels?

stupid

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

Realtalk on the headgasket preventative maintenance.

Headgasket on my truck was just replaced.

Because it failed

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BlackMK4 posted:

Hahaha, it's hilarious how cheap the FZJ80 is. They are incredibly goddamn capable and are drat nice inside, there really is no other realistic competitor. Just PM your headgasket now. I loved mine.

they're not cheap around here. $10000 will get you a drivable one. $12k for a nice one.
$3500-5000 will net you a title that comes attached to a rusty sieve on wheels.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

they're not cheap around here. $10000 will get you a drivable one. $12k for a nice one.
$3500-5000 will net you a title that comes attached to a rusty sieve on wheels.

I sold the above one for $4k a long, long time ago. It didn't have the factory F/R locker option though and I leaned it into a tree once or twice. ;) Come shop in Arizona, we have never seen rust before.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Can we get a build thread on some landcruisers please? Making me think bad thoughts

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I love mine but haven't been able to throw cash at it yet to make a thread. Prices in Idaho for them are decent, and no salt here.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Maksimus54 posted:

Can we get a build thread on some landcruisers please? Making me think bad thoughts

Definitely don't go to https://www.ih8mud.com then

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

:v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
More pics, please

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I don't know why I like this so much

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I don't know why I like this so much

Same.

It's loud, it stinks, half of it is held together with zip ties, the seats are welded in, and the body is rough as gently caress.

But it just looks loving cool, and it cost me under a grand.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Ferremit posted:

Biggest issues with the 1FZ motor down here was everyone stuck em on gas to try and offset the horrific economy of the motor and they suffer from really bad valve seat erosion. Eventually the valve stem seals end up going at about 300K kms and they need an overhaul to fix the oil burning issues.

Thats seriously dirt cheap- you'd be horrified at what the turbo diesel 80's sell for in Australia...

its nuts. The YOUNGEST is 20 years old now!

Then the 100 series is even WORSE. You can buy a V8 petrol for under $25K easily now, but the turbo diesels?

stupid

I think I've posted this one before - its been on sale for months now: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-1108764189.htm (non turbo with less power than a Corolla)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cool as gently caress

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Money pits!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Oh poo poo that is really not that bad. Would love to check that out. I follow them on FB and the track looks pretty sweet.

Getting ready to head out to a weekend in the Berkshires for my friend's bachelor party and wedding.

What's up, gen-bro!

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Cleaned up my V70R for the first time in way too long and proceeded to hard-park it:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

TheGoatTrick posted:

:hf:

Sucks that I can't get the back one in normal white and the front in black.

sup IVC buddy

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

track day bro! posted:

poo poo poo poo.

Yes I put it on stands eventually

the midship runabout in its natural environment

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

This is the fastest couch I've ever owned.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

FCKGW posted:

sup IVC buddy
Sup. My car isn't nice/low/loud enough for me to go there. But I live nearby.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picked this up (lol) a couple months ago. Basically the best thing ever.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Welp. Just made the most boring car purchase of my life.

The wife and I now each have an energi and a Fiat 500. At lease my 500 is an abarth and a different color than hers.

Realtalk, the energi is actually really nice to drive. It's like a small version of our flex, with better low end torque. Really roomy inside, and much more engaging than the Prius's I've owned in the past.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

eyebeem posted:

The wife and I now each have an energi and a Fiat 500. At lease my 500 is an abarth and a different color than hers.

Realtalk, the energi is actually really nice to drive. It's like a small version of our flex, with better low end torque. Really roomy inside, and much more engaging than the Prius's I've owned in the past.

Sounds nice but I think I like this better (minus the plates): https://www.google.com/amp/www.oregonlive.com/articles/19546859/tualatin_couple_harassed_over.amp?client=safari

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

eyebeem posted:

You can do what you wanna, but why do you and your wife both need a Fiat 500 and an Energi? You've got 5 vehicles in total and 4 of them are 2 sets of doubles. I don't get it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

You can do what you wanna, but why do you and your wife both need a Fiat 500 and an Energi? You've got 5 vehicles in total and 4 of them are 2 sets of doubles. I don't get it.

Our Flex is a lease and is being returned next month.

Her Fiat is a base model Pop, was her commuter car, and is now for sale. She bought it before we had kids, and it's no longer practical now that we take two kids to daycare every day.

My fiat is an abarth cabrio, and was my commuter, but is now my weekend "fun" car.

Our old system was to drive the Flex when we needed to take a kid somewhere or drive somewhere as a family. Now we both have cars that we can all fit in.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Getting ready for winter.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lightbulb Out posted:

Getting ready for winter.

I really need to buy one of these again but they're getting o rare in clean, plastic lumber, M20B25, sport trim.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice!

Something seems wrong with mine ATM 🤔

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah, you put the steering rack in backwards

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kastein posted:

Yeah, you put the steering rack in backwards

Right hand drive, is the correct hand drive :colbert:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You Am I posted:

Right hand drive, is the correct hand drive :colbert:

:yeah:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Jealous Cow posted:

I really need to buy one of these again but they're getting o rare in clean, plastic lumber, M20B25, sport trim.

Rare? I've got two of them in my garage! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, y'all with clean E30s better PM me the second you decide to sell one.