Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i buy my personal weed in bulk :jewish: and theres definitely an element of strain tolerance. when ive been smoking the same poo poo every day for weeks, my tolerance has plateaued and im getting high but not high anymore, smoking another substantially different strain (like going from sativa to indica) can still get me high enough to catch me off guard

this is why its important for the weed lifestyle to always have 2+ huge jars full of weed hanging around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah going from indica to sativa or vice versa is a different story

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
been finding lots of viable seeds lately, at least one or two in every bag i buy. gon start me a farm soon as this rate :banjo:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

been finding lots of viable seeds lately, at least one or two in every bag i buy. gon start me a farm soon as this rate :banjo:

its hilarious how people now are like "i found a seed!! its my lucky day!!"

poo poo son let me tell you a thing or two about seeds: seeds are the enemy. in my youth we fought wars to rid the pot of seeds, and we've almost won. these are the stragglers, the partisans, trying to poison your bowl when you think you're safe, and someday they will be gone too. inshallah

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

thathonkey posted:

people were saying above if you decarb the weed in the oven before cooking with it they wont taste as strongly of weed

Different methods will have more or less of a weed taste, but you can't get rid of it entirely. All the edibles that I've gotten from dispensaries have a definite flavor, though. Not necessarily bad (sometimes bad), but enough of a flavor that nobody is going to be pranking their friend into eating something thinking it's just a normal cookie / brownie / chocolate. Unless the friend is already messed up enough not to notice the flavor.

From everything I've read, people seem to report that the least weed-y flavor comes from using the Magic Butter Machine. Even people who have been making their own edibles for a long time and are good at it say that that method gives a better flavor and sometimes more potency. I'm tempted to buy one, but it doesn't let you make any less than 2 cups of oil/butter at a time, and I'd just be wasting a lot that way.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Planting a bag seed isn't a good idea if you are actually interested in getting a female plant. I'm not saying you can't get lucky, but either your plant will have balls from the jump or if it gets stressed it'll grow balls and you'll have wasted your time.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i got a vape pen it has 3 attachments. the dry herb one takes some getting used to, but i can't wait until my next shipment arrives to try out the wax attachment! :woop:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
make your edibles with an appropriate strain of weed too

ie; whats more appetizing? lemon haze, blueberry, skunk, or sour diesel?

Plan ahead! Makes all the difference.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Actually make edibles with whatever cheap crap you can find.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Hardawn posted:

Planting a bag seed isn't a good idea if you are actually interested in getting a female plant. I'm not saying you can't get lucky, but either your plant will have balls from the jump or if it gets stressed it'll grow balls and you'll have wasted your time.

If you are buying quality professionally grown weed, there are no male genetics in that facility, if you get a seed its a hermaphrodite seed

A "feminized" seed is nothing more than a hermaphrodite seed that someone is trying to get you to pay 10 dollars for.

I know theres lots of talk about secret processes and stuff, but making a "feminized" seed is thus: force a plant to grow a male flower via stress. Make that plant gently caress herself.

I've absolutely had better results with bag seed than I have with payed for, and I'm easily 20 for 20 and have never seen a male flower. I've never had a bag seed not germinate, but then I throw out all the tiny lovely ones which seed banks deem fit for sale. Every once in a while I try a new strain from some well-respected breeder and have yet to be impressed, and have been flat out disappointed (crap kings).

Don't use bagseed if you buy poo poo weed grown outside by idiots, I guess. Absolutely plant those two seeds you found in that ounce bag of killer bud.

Best is to find a dude who's already growing dank you like and get a clone, of course.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

Absolutely plant those two seeds you found in that ounce bag of killer bud

obv wasn't that killer lol

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

obv wasn't that killer lol

look at this guy who's never grown a plant

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the dispensary doesn't always manage to pick out all the seeds

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

the dispensary doesn't always manage to pick out all the seeds

If it's sensimilla there should be no seeds in the first place. The males should have been killed long before they had a chance to cross pollinate.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah lol the dispensary goes over pounds of weed they get to somehow get seeds out of the nugs without breaking them apart

if it was fertilized then your THC content suffers it's simple. weed can still be good with seeds but it obv isn't as good as sensi

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

If it's sensimilla there should be no seeds in the first place. The males should have been killed long before they had a chance to cross pollinate.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the world isn't perfect and you can't control 1500 sq feet facilities the way you can the 3 plants in your closet

especially when you are being ebeneezer scrooge with the lights

there are always some seeds in commercial scale grows

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

Pretty sure decarbing is the reason all these dumb hipster kids keep blowing themselves up trying to make BHO in a pot full of butane heated over a gas grill :laffo:

my sister lived in Brooklyn and 3 separate apartments had the NYFD show up for this reason

i feel like every guide I've ever seen to make BHO says 'DO NOT DO THIS INSIDE DO NOT DO THIS INDOORS MAKE SURE THERE IS AIR CIRCULATION'

they loving deserve it almost jfc

reallivedinosaur posted:

the world isn't perfect and you can't control 1500 sq feet facilities the way you can the 3 plants in your closet

especially when you are being ebeneezer scrooge with the lights

there are always some seeds in commercial scale grows

commercial scale grows do not necessarily produce the best weed then :shrug:

I can't remember the last time I found a seed in my weed and I go through about a little over an eighth a week

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 25, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like every guide I've ever seen to make BHO says 'DO NOT DO THIS INSIDE DO NOT DO THIS INDOORS MAKE SURE THERE IS AIR CIRCULATION'

they loving deserve it almost jfc

commercial scale grows do not necessarily produce the best weed then :shrug:

it's not the plant genetics at fault

thats why i grow my own

duh

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i didn't say it was the plants genetics at fault tho did I all I said was 'it isn't that killer then'

obv the way a plant is grown affects the final yield, the genetics just determine the upper bounds of what you can do with that plant

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

i didn't say it was the plants genetics at fault tho did I all I said was 'it isn't that killer then'

obv the way a plant is grown affects the final yield, the genetics just determine the upper bounds of what you can do with that plant

what happened if you find two seeds in an oz bag is two calyxes turned into seeds instead of more bud

lowering the yield by 1/20th of a gram or whatever those seeds weighed

if your bag is all seed and stalk throw it out. if a seed is rare like a pearl in an oyster, you want to keep it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ur prolly right im just being a weed elitist

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I like weed and I like my Extreme Q that I got a week ago.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

ur prolly right im just being a weed elitist

im a weed elitist too maybe a botanist can come along and tell me how im wrong, but the way i see it is like mail order sperm.. how do you know you're really getting that laotian baby you ordered?

all that said i have two of "barneys farms laughing buddha" that i am attempting to prove myself wrong with. the back of the package promises the super fun time hilarious thai stick of the late 90s so i will find out

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
what i meant to say is i found a seed in the medical marijuana that i purchased from my licesned provider because that is a legal source

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
You know sometimes I wonder if I smoke too much weed. I know I dont, but i feel its a healthy anxiety.

I go through about a quarter in a month or 2 and then I google it and see forum posts that talk about hitting the bong while still in bed before breakfast. And i just think " I have a really heathly relationship with weed".

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
that guy doesnt smoke nearly enough weed

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Colloidal silver is what is used to produce feminized seeds, I've always read that the chance of getting a hermaphrodite seed is a lot higher due to the plant undergoing some sort of stress thus turning the female calxic into balls and into seed pods(even if it's just two seeds.) Obviously your mileage varied, and I'm not an experienced grower.

I think it's a better idea to germinate 20 non-feminized seeds and actually pick out the phenotypes you are looking for because each seed can express their genes differently.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Mnemosyne posted:

Different methods will have more or less of a weed taste, but you can't get rid of it entirely. All the edibles that I've gotten from dispensaries have a definite flavor, though. Not necessarily bad (sometimes bad), but enough of a flavor that nobody is going to be pranking their friend into eating something thinking it's just a normal cookie / brownie / chocolate. Unless the friend is already messed up enough not to notice the flavor.

I've had a bunch of edibles with near-zero weed flavor. You could definitely prank someone with those

(pranking someone with drugs is something only a shitbird would do of course)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i love getting pranked with drugs

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
my neighbor gave me a big quart jar full of weed he grew, i dont smoke weed

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Dosing someone is about getting people to push past their perceived limits, like when you are lifting weights and your bro slaps on a 2.5 plate on both sides without you noticing. You bang out five and then afterwards you are all, "oh poo poo, that was awesome I'm better for that happening to me!"

It does take a special type of person to do that to people tho, so watch out

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Flaggy posted:

I'll take that weed off your hands

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Flaggy posted:

my advice to you is, smoke the weed

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Flaggy posted:

well it sounds like you got one hell of a pay day then

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a bone to pick posted:

I'll take that weed off your hands

please do, pick up locally in colorado

Zorodius posted:

my advice to you is, smoke the weed

wish i could, work

on hold with sex line posted:

well it sounds like you got one hell of a pay day then

googles how to sell weed furiously

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Flaggy posted:

please do, pick up locally in colorado

wish i could, work

googles how to sell weed furiously

e: is your neighbor named Paul just curious

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

e: is your neighbor named Paul just curious

hahahahaha

truth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hey so I'm getting married in a couple weeks and one of the honeymoon stops is Amsterdam. I heard the laws were changed somewhat recently; are we still going to be able to walk into a coffee shop and order a latte and a spliff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

reallivedinosaur posted:

A "feminized" seed is nothing more than a hermaphrodite seed that someone is trying to get you to pay 10 dollars for.

Feminized seeds are made by treating the parent female plant with colloidal silver. I'm not sure how it works, but it does. They are different than getting seeds off of nanners of whatever - descendants have no hermie characteristics.