Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

So what is NP5. Like do people manage to consistently get their NP bar to 300% or is it about chaining three NP's to 500%? Consistently?

So this is one of the more confusing things about FGO, but the level of an NP and its charging effects are actually two different things. The damage of an NP is only based on how many levels it has. At NP5, the NP will do the same obscene damage at 100% charge, 300% charge, 500% charge, or anything in between. Likewise, NP1 will not do any extra damage* even if you put two NPs before it to get it to 300% charge.

The reason why welfare Servants tend to be innately better to other 4 star Servants, even without taking skills into account, is because you get them at NP5. The overcharge effect doesn't tend to factor into consideration, it's just that Welfare Servants are guaranteed to hit harder with their NPs than other Servants of the same rarity/class.

*Barring some specific exceptions like Angra Mainyu, all NPs do increased damage/more healing/bigger numbers with level, and have an additional effect that's boosted by charge. In Assassin Shiki's case, her instant kill chance goes up with charge. In Saber Lily's case, the amount she self-heals after Caliburn goes up with charge. With certain Servants, like Rider Kintoki, the Lesbian Pirates, Arash, and so on, their additional effect is adding more damage right out to their NP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
What. I... My kinoki can get much stronger!?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Following on with what Twib said, here's a link with some more detailed servant numbers and stuff about each servant, how NP/overcharge level affects their NP and list of skill-up materials etc.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If you want overcharge so much, just bring in Edison.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah, apparently there's an Extella thing coming for FGO with a stream happening on the 2nd.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm thinking of tossing a couple grails at my Shikisassin. She has significantly better skills than Jack and an L5 NP, which, to an extent, makes up for not having the ability to deal extra damage to females with it.
Dude Jack has an excellent skillset. Murderer of the Misty Night is useful both offensively and defensively, Information Erasure can clear annoying buffs (evade, def stacks, some gimmicks, etc, which has proven hugely relevant as far back as America when the Pillar there would cast a buff that'd make all its regular attacks cast Def Down on you) and will also prevent the enemy from getting a clutch crit at the worst possible moment and Surgery is an excellent heal with low cooldown.

I mean, Shiki's skills are useful too, but Jack's set is top tier.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Extella is launching January in Europe

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Not really seeing it, Karna.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo the Apocrypha manga has furigana where the gently caress do I find this

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Captain Baal posted:

Oh poo poo the Apocrypha manga has furigana where the gently caress do I find this
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6731-Fate-Apocrypha-Manga?p=2517493&viewfull=1#post2517493

I link you to the thread since Pai always posts the raws there. If you browse a bit you can also find the Strange Fake, Prisma and CCC Fox Tail scans.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sick, thanks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stream on November 2nd at 19:00 JST time (About 3AM for Eastern and 12AM for Pacific) to announced Extella and FGO stuff, most likely an Extella event and some DLC FGO servants for Extella and rewards for number of retweets are a shitton of QP, 4 Gold Apples, a summoning ticket, and 12 Quartz. Please look forward to Poverty Archimedes announcement with new versions of Nero and Tamamo as the 5* servants and Altera animation update.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can't wait to not roll Tamamo, again.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I can't wait to not roll Tamamo, again.

Now that sounds like a mistake.
How could you not roll for the fluffiest servant?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Thank god Altera is getting a animation update. She's probably tied with orion for laziest 5* moveset.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Orion's Buster card should be where Orion Bear gets thrown at the opponent like a fastball special

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Thank god Altera is getting a animation update. She's probably tied with orion for laziest 5* moveset.

Attila's the last release-day 5* left to be updated sooooo.
I do wonder if they'll redo Orion, it was the first servant released after the game started so it's about as janky as the release-day ones.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

Now that sounds like a mistake.
How could you not roll for the fluffiest servant?

Oh no, I mean I'm going to roll.

I'm just not going to get her.

Again.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I've given up on the fluffy butt.

Too much quartz has gone to her rate ups and she never comes knocking... I know when I'm beat. :smith:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I got two of her as a lancer servant so that's good enough for me. I just wish her skills weren't so awful.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Makes up for it with that super powerful NP though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm still depressed I didn't roll Lancer Kiyohime. :negative:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm still depressed I didn't roll Lancer Kiyohime. :negative:

I rolled her, grailed her up to level 100, got all her skills to 10 and maxed her Fou boosts

And now i'm depressed she's just NP1.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I log in after not playing in over a year and get 200 gems in the mail, haha. I figured I should start playing again since I had all sorts of good stuff before (Saber, Gilgamesh, Jeanne, Waver, Vlad).

edit: It says 30 gems for a 10 roll, I thought it used to be 40? Did they change it?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah, it was one of the big changes.

You also automatically have 300 slots in both your Servant and Craft Essence boxes.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I rolled her, grailed her up to level 100, got all her skills to 10 and maxed her Fou boosts

And now i'm depressed she's just NP1.

Now this is some dedication!

TamaLancer is fine though, it's not too hard to play around her drawbacks (using the charm when the target NP gauge is full, using the crit buffs when you've got a brave chain), and having an attack buff with an extra effect is still pretty good. Plus the animation for her NP is great

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is the Witch of Moonlit Night craft essence additive? I got 3 of them from rolls and I'm not sure if I should equip them to different people or limit break them.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

CEs only jump in effect once you limit break them, which will require 5 copies total. Until then you're better off just leaving them separate.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And yes the effects add up if you put'em in more than one person.

Except the appearance rate CEs (the ones you buy in the shop). Those are capped at 100% meaning you can only go up to twice as many enemies.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Was watching a compilation clip and Miyu's VA's Gilgamesh voice is crazy awesome and I want more. Silver Link really dropped the ball, I get that they aren't Ufotable but still.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Anyone happen to be playing on the Chinese FGO server?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fate-Apocrypha/Ch-005--Episode--005-Ruler?id=327059

Apo chapter 5. Martha and Arjuna cameos!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I like how everyone is in silent agreement of the master being an dishonorable rear end in a top hat.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I have the vague impression that this War has less planning going on than the 4th War.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
C'mon Karna, Sieg isn't nearly as crazy as Arjuna.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I appreciate that the Foxtail manga is really trying its best to emulate the Fate/Extra battle system, but it's real clunky.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I started playing this stupid gacha game for 23 days now... and I'm now completely addicted. If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 516,606,591. I've got no 5-Star servants though, and only 3 4-Stars (the two Halloween welfares and Heracles). I did draw best boy Angra Mainyu today, stuck at lvl 25.

I should have known there would be a thread for other victims of this game on SA, I should have google searched earlier.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Angra Mainyu is so rare he might as well be 6-Star. Lucky bastard! :argh:

Added you.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

MonsieurChoc posted:

I started playing this stupid gacha game for 23 days now... and I'm now completely addicted. If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 516,606,591. I've got no 5-Star servants though, and only 3 4-Stars (the two Halloween welfares and Heracles). I did draw best boy Angra Mainyu today, stuck at lvl 25.

I should have known there would be a thread for other victims of this game on SA, I should have google searched earlier.

Also added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're getting a new form of Liz in Extella, called Liz Void and it's not a DLC costume. It's an actual story thing.