Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I loved Earnest when I was a kid (the dumb basketball one specifically), so I really enjoyed this. But the part I laughed at the hardest was Steve breaking his chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DoubleCakes posted:

Also I'm re-binging the WHM and returning to the Babycakes episode was a treat. It's a great episode full of interesting discussion, probably because Babycakes sounds like a non-stop boatride of horrible. It's in my top five WHM.

They're at their best when doing movies no one has ever heard of or seen, like this, Blame It On Rio or Free Enterprise. edit: or Hail, Caesar. Good god.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 19, 2016

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I had the opportunity to watch Babycakes a few months ago, and it's a genuinely uncomfortable watch. It made me feel unclean and ashamed - highly recommended!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
When I watched it, I am ashamed to say I thought Ricki Lake was pretty good in it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ricki Lake is talented, and she did the best she could with the material provided

It just so happens that the material was loving septic

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They're at their best when doing movies no one has ever heard of or seen, like this, Blame It On Rio or Free Enterprise. edit: or Hail, Caesar. Good god.

Every time I see Hail, Caesar in the episode list it makes me double-take. "They thought that charming Coen Bros. comedy was bad enough to podcast about?"

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I saw what I think was a Shatner Julius Caesar scene from Free Enterprise on Youtube like 10 years ago. The video didn't say what it was from and most of the commenters didn't know either.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

painynumbs posted:

I loved Earnest when I was a kid (the dumb basketball one specifically), so I really enjoyed this. But the part I laughed at the hardest was Steve breaking his chair.

What made it was Eric's deadpan "There's a trick to that chair."

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Liberal Idiot posted:

What made it was Eric's deadpan "There's a trick to that chair."

And/or Steve's "Holy Mackerel!" in the background.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I saw ESS at least 20 times. It was tradition for my childhood best friend (who loved Ernest) and I to rent that movie the majority of the times he stayed overnight. We'd rent ESS and a Super Nintendo game or two, eat pizza, and by God have a ball. I will never not have a soft spot for Ernest. :3:

Also I'm with the guys in that "Eeeeehhhheeeehhheeewwww...." still gets me.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Nouvelle Vague posted:

And/or Steve's "Holy Mackerel!" in the background.

"That chair was a piece of poo poo and Eric can attest to that."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So I guess I was one of the rare people to have seen blame it on Rio already? Might be one of my favorite whms. I remember it being pretty creepy and weird as a teen. Oh god I can hear the goddamn soundtrack playing in my head as I type this out gently caress it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjvlkbJ9DZw auuuugh gently caress this song and their glassy dead eyed stares
Great movie for Stanley Donen to go out on gj dude. Apparently it was based on a French script (duh) so I blame them.
And Rio

I'll start donating the day they announce their podcast dedicated to repeatedly rewatching and reviewing Blame it on Rio every episode until they go insane

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Whaaaat if we both went a lil bit craaazy blame it on riooooo~
What if our hearts got a lil bit haaaazy blame it on rio!
What if i sexually molested my best friend's underage daughter until she attempted suicide blaaame it on riooo~

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
They sing about losing inhibitions but Michael Caine knew what he was doing the whole time. Rio was innocent.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dmitri-9 posted:

They sing about losing inhibitions but Michael Caine knew what he was doing the whole time. Rio was innocent.

"Michael Caine's name in this movie should be Rio!"

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Frame it on RIo

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Punkin Spunkin posted:

So I guess I was one of the rare people to have seen blame it on Rio already? Might be one of my favorite whms.

I saw it when it was broadcast in the 1990s on BBC tv. I guess that was uncut too. Yup.

E: Maybe that was in the late 80s. Can't remember.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DoombatINC posted:

Ricki Lake is talented, and she did the best she could with the material provided

It just so happens that the material was loving septic

It's so funny, even in indie movies there are no roles for big girls anymore.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

So I guess I was one of the rare people to have seen blame it on Rio already? Might be one of my favorite whms. I remember it being pretty creepy and weird as a teen. Oh god I can hear the goddamn soundtrack playing in my head as I type this out gently caress it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjvlkbJ9DZw auuuugh gently caress this song and their glassy dead eyed stares
Great movie for Stanley Donen to go out on gj dude. Apparently it was based on a French script (duh) so I blame them.
And Rio

I'll start donating the day they announce their podcast dedicated to repeatedly rewatching and reviewing Blame it on Rio every episode until they go insane

I specifically remember seeing this on TV as a kid. And my parents had rented A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM. I'd also seen THE HAND as well, which meant I was versed in all the WHM Michael Caine movies without having to see them again (Though I have no idea why my parents were ok with me watching BLAME IT ON RIO in hindsight).

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

DrVenkman posted:

I specifically remember seeing this on TV as a kid. And my parents had rented A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM. I'd also seen THE HAND as well, which meant I was versed in all the WHM Michael Caine movies without having to see them again (Though I have no idea why my parents were ok with me watching BLAME IT ON RIO in hindsight).

Your parents have terrible taste in Michael Caine movies

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dmitri-9 posted:

Your parents have terrible taste in Michael Caine movies

Maybe they were big time Caine-heads.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Maybe they were big time Caine-heads.

It's likely, that was a problem in a lot of communities in the 80s.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The David Byrne bit on Babycakes had me corpsing pretty hard and I can't listen to Talking Heads now because of it. The whole episode is a gem but the Babycaaaaaaakeeees song loving destroys me.

What is next weeks movie? I somehow totally missed it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

teen witch posted:

The David Byrne bit on Babycakes had me corpsing pretty hard and I can't listen to Talking Heads now because of it. The whole episode is a gem but the Babycaaaaaaakeeees song loving destroys me.

Texas chainsaw with true detective

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 24, 2016

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I assume there isn't a way we are gonna get thar Death Spa bit online? Curse my Southeast living! :argh:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Red Bones posted:

It's likely, that was a problem in a lot of communities in the 80s.

God knows Michael Caine himself was one.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

God knows Michael Caine himself was one.

<Michael Caine voice> "My defense is that I'm blaming it on Rio."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

Corpsing? SEND FOR THE MAN!

("It's like a lonely ghost.")

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Live action claymation ie puppets

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the name of the song they play when Steve broke his chair? That punchy horn piece plays absolutely everywhere every time but I still don't know what it's called

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Calaveron posted:

What's the name of the song they play when Steve broke his chair? That punchy horn piece plays absolutely everywhere every time but I still don't know what it's called

I haven't heard it but I'm going to guess either "Spanish Flea" or "Price Is Right Losing Theme"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Pretty sure it's Spanish Flea.

Also, TCM:TNG was my first introduction to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise. Good choice, 12 year old Hockles.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
They're absolutely right, IMDB crediting lovely internet videos alongside actual films is the absolute worst.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So I've never seen TCM:TNG. Are the Illuminati actually name-dropped in the movie?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did they already get new recording equipment? They sound waaaay better (Andrew is really loving loud) and I'm glad their patron is doing well

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I'm so pumped they are getting a good amount on Patreon. I've rarely had a podcast that has that much natural comedic timing and flow. These are seriously funny dudes and I def want them to be able to do more

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I want a we hate movies / last podcast on the left Halloween crossover episode. Different networks, so it'll never happen, but I can dream.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I want a we hate movies / last podcast on the left Halloween crossover episode. Different networks, so it'll never happen, but I can dream.

I am in favor of this if only to have the WHM gang beat some sense into those doofuses the moment they lapse into lazy offensive ethnic caricatures as a substitute for actual humor.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're really asking for The Love Guru to be submitted. I've been waiting to do so, I hope I get picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

I am in favor of this if only to have the WHM gang beat some sense into those doofuses the moment they lapse into lazy offensive ethnic caricatures as a substitute for actual humor.

Seconded. I kinda like Last Podcast but when they go for the ethnic voices...yikes. WHM is really responsible when dealing with movies that have iffy characterizations and themes while still being funny. The always great white-guy karate episodes come to mind.