Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

All of a sudden Im getting an error loading my Misery save that references being unable to find an entry for Nimble's SVU upgrade. up_gr_firstab_svu_nimble or some such. Anyone experience that before?

Going to replace the Weapons folders totally with stock again and see if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Were there always four burers in X-8? I remember one, the controller, and the poltergeist, but I found three more trying to get through that maze.

And then when I think I nearly had everything done, I got dickpunched by that roving electric anomaly as soon as I opened a door. At least I brought tons of ammo for my VAL, that's the best anti-mutant gun I have found. 1000 rounds was probably overkill, but I expected to run into more monolith and zombies on the way.

It turns out that the best way to kill a burer is to get in close while they are doing their shield thing. They try to punch you once it's over, and that gives you enough time to shoot them in the face a dozen times.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Loving call of chernobyl, shame half the addons are incompatible with eachother/needing to be updated for 1.4 though.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Were there always four burers in X-8? I remember one, the controller, and the poltergeist, but I found three more trying to get through that maze.

And then when I think I nearly had everything done, I got dickpunched by that roving electric anomaly as soon as I opened a door. At least I brought tons of ammo for my VAL, that's the best anti-mutant gun I have found. 1000 rounds was probably overkill, but I expected to run into more monolith and zombies on the way.

It turns out that the best way to kill a burer is to get in close while they are doing their shield thing. They try to punch you once it's over, and that gives you enough time to shoot them in the face a dozen times.

I just knife'em myself. Lessen the chance I drop my guns, just run up to them and start knifing, usually four slashes and it's over

One thing I'm not really happy with is grenades seem pretty useless. Sure you can flush people out, but unless it's right where they're standing they just shrug it off.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

SocketWrench posted:

One thing I'm not really happy with is grenades seem pretty useless. Sure you can flush people out, but unless it's right where they're standing they just shrug it off.

This and a lot of NPC meat-shield issues are fixed with one simple mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/fixed-npc-the-survivability-for-ao

I'd recommend it over damage increases because it changes only one file, m_stalker.ltx instead of adjusting each weapon's damage. It's also highly update-tolerant since no other mods I've used touch m_stalker.ltx. Hell, it probably works just fine with other ovehaul mods too.

EDIT: For reference, my assassination mission strategy if the target is outside it to pitch a couple grenades over a wall. They absolutely have a proper kill radius.

AgentJR fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 21, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, that's pretty much vanilla. Explosives are only useful for making people leave cover. The arc is so weird I couldn't even get one in that hole in the ceiling in X-8 where the poltergeist hangs out.

I actually did lose my gun to a burer tonight when I finally cleared X-8. He made me drop my VAL, so I drew my FNP-45 and popped him in the face about ten times.

I'm gearing up for my final assault on the NPP in story mode. I just sold over 130k in mutant parts to Sakharov. Instead of bringing a repair kit with me that now only repairs up to just barely not broken, I'm going to buy or find a second VAL and upgrade it the same way for just a bit more weight. I'm considering going whole hog and doing the same thing with a second exoskeleton, but that might be a bit much to haul even with the weight reduction mods. I now have 260k rubles. I'm possibly going to regret this, but I'm going to go through the deserted hospital, since I haven't gone through there since the only time I played Clear Sky maybe six years ago now.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Warfare mod will be getting an update soon. If you look at the discussion thread for it on MODDB werejew is hard at work. He's contemplating rewriting the entire mod after he gets a version that works with current release build of CoC.

This mod is the only way I'm going to play CoC. Like seriously there's no reason for me to wander because all the held points are static. Clear a place and the same group of assholes is going to be back soon. I hate having static territory like that, it makes the zone feel fake as hell. As soon as I get dynamic territory I can start playing again. But right now the experience is so boring I'm more concerned with the crappiness of the OWR models and AO3 in general.

Both mods add in subpar quality weapons that need some serious updating. Model wise mostly. I can't stand being able to clearly see through the gun because someone was too lazy to model that part of the gun or texture the whole thing so you have a complete FOV model with no holes that let you clearly see through places that should have parts there.

And don't get me started on grenades. Actually lets touch on that. I don't care who you are, exoskeleton or not, a grenade of any kind goes off at your feet? You're dead. The shockwave alone can kill you. Also it shouldn't take more than a few of any bullet to take out someone in a trench coat, OWR or AO3. Much less 10 5.45 rounds.

I am impressed with the Street Sweeper/Protecta in OWR. The fact that the turning of the knob on the front of the integral drum is included in the reload animation really reflects how goddamn useless that thing is. You might think with a bigger mag it would be a good backup weapon. If it wasn't for the fact that it's giant, extremely hard to use and an ergonomic nightmare.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 21, 2016

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
which gamedata folders and .ltx's does warfare modify?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I also stabby stab stab burers, if I am protected enough, I can do the same to controllers, there have been a couple of times bloodsuckers have pissed me off so much i have just gone stabby, with good results.
grenades are p. deadly with whatever I am using, while they don't really spam them, they do use them well, (Monolith) however, they also die to their own grenades sometimes as well. I run around in an upgraded exo, so yup, they stand a greater chance of being splattoned.
The protecta is a great idea if you like dying often.
saiga or vepyr 12 make the protecta obsolete.
Of course, you should not be in a situation where ducking out and reloading = sudden wow death boom.
however : Dawgs, Cats, Rats & Hamsters = Demented backrun boomfetish.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 21, 2016

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

SocketWrench posted:

I just knife'em myself. Lessen the chance I drop my guns, just run up to them and start knifing, usually four slashes and it's over

you using rgd-5s? they're not that great, an f1 will gently caress everything up

what i rly miss is when i was playing AMK, they had the dynamic news but they had it for people all around the zone, not just in the level you're in. i wish you could do that in coc.

also neoseeker is there a way to make warfare not spawn so many goddamn ppl? i remember being in dead city and killing like 50 mercs and they kept spawning in, there was very little wildlife presence, was kinda ridiculous.

sea of losers fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 21, 2016

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Not really that I know of. In order to do that you'd probably have to find whatever sets the max population or it could be some other bug.
Which version are you using? I haven't played warfare in a few months but last time I played the zone was vibrant, varied and not overcrowded.

Also the protecta could have a usage if its reload wasn't so drat slow and it was really sawn off. The ability to feed different ammo into the same magazine is more than a novelty. Also with any shotgun that's tube fed or has an integral mag I like to keep a few spaces empty so I can load a slug or shotshell if need be.

That being said the fact that 12 gauge hulls can be loaded with just about anything you can stuff inside... I think the amount of ammo types really should be increased for the shotgun. We need some armor piercing rounds/flechettes, HE rounds, WP rounds... Kinda the same deal like I was saying with a 50 cal. Only a 12 gauge is way less expensive.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 21, 2016

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Am I a dirty cheater for turning off armour degradation.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Am I a dirty cheater for turning off armour degradation.
I've only bothered to cheat when I have to repair exo armor. I swear the armor gets "totaled" at some crazy high condition. I forgot which mod it was, but I got the armor down to 80%, and the repair price was already half the value of the exo alone.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Dali Parton posted:

I've only bothered to cheat when I have to repair exo armor. I swear the armor gets "totaled" at some crazy high condition. I forgot which mod it was, but I got the armor down to 80%, and the repair price was already half the value of the exo alone.

Yep, it gets battered fast. Do you know if the sewing kits recharge like medkits and weapon repair kits in storage boxes ?.

I might be able to un-cheat.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I think anything with a usage bar will recharge. The only 'cheat' I play with is unlimited companions. Can't wait to get some warfare with this, always thought squad sizes were a joke.

It's too awesome to even be considered one. You feel like a real boss with 6 squads in tow.

Following this with anticipation: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/warfare-0181/page/57#comments

Is werejew on here?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 21, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Yep, it gets battered fast. Do you know if the sewing kits recharge like medkits and weapon repair kits in storage boxes ?.

I might be able to un-cheat.

They do for me.
Did not know it applied to medkits as well..... innnnnteresting.
By the time you can afford an exo, you should be able to afford repairing it.
and 10 rounds for a sniper rifle costing over 7 k
WAT.
I have over a million now, got deep pockets etc.
I see stalker as a game of two halves : the first half you are basically making every weapon decision on : Can I get cheap ammo for this plentifully?
The second half is stockpiling whatever ammo you like, but having issues luggin your phat lewt around to sell, so weight/inventory management.

Regarding companions, is throwing a weapon down in front of them the only way we can get them to change weapons?
I have been experimenting with dumb things and decided to take a random pair of freedomers through the lab to turn off the brain burner, I did not pay so much attention to them for a couple of minutes and they just went on ahead, when I caught up with them, they both had Gauss rifles.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 21, 2016

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

staberind posted:

They do for me.
WAT.
I see stalker as a game of two halves : the first half you are basically making every weapon decision on : Can I get cheap ammo for this plentifully?
The second half is stockpiling whatever ammo you like, but having issues luggin your phat lewt around to sell, so weight/inventory management.

Regarding companions, is throwing a weapon down in front of them the only way we can get them to change weapons?
I have been experimenting with dumb things and decided to take a random pair of freedomers through the lab to turn off the brain burner, I did not pay so much attention to them for a couple of minutes and they just went on ahead, when I caught up with them, they both had Gauss rifles.

With a medkit they start with two green blobs use it to one green blob, stick it in the storage box and a while later its got two green blobs. Exactly like the weapon kit only two blobs max, it also works on some pills and vodka.

With medkits use them via the inventory screen rather than the quick key, that way you can select only medkits with two uses remaining. Unless you are in deep poo poo obviously.

To afford the exo I sold absolutely everything except my mutant hunting shotgun, I was left with moths in my wallet and succumbed to temptation for a no armour damage mod. If I can do the same repair trick with sewing kits I'll un-mod it.

I've found with companions they select whichever is the best gun I donate or sell to them (best stats not condition), and there's a command for gather stuff in their orders menu so you should be able to stop them gathering.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
To be honest, the ai is pretty bizarre, so i have not bothered with companions that much, as I can either freak out all the time when they die and reload, or use them as meat shields. its hard to keep it in between that as they are gung ho, and the controls they have dont seem to work for me half the time, I think i need to futz around with it more.
I do have the "lead a crazed stalker army" mod as well, mebbe i will see how many can bring down a 4770k +16 gig and a 960 with 2 gig vram

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

staberind posted:

To be honest, the ai is pretty bizarre, so i have not bothered with companions that much, as I can either freak out all the time when they die and reload, or use them as meat shields. its hard to keep it in between that as they are gung ho, and the controls they have dont seem to work for me half the time, I think i need to futz around with it more.
I do have the "lead a crazed stalker army" mod as well, mebbe i will see how many can bring down a 4770k +16 gig and a 960 with 2 gig vram

I had a couple following me around who kept hitting me in the arse with their shotguns, so I saved the game then gave them guns to find out what they'd actually equip. Chaser 13 to obokan worked for both.

They do run off after distant mutants just before the shooting stars.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

They're really useful for concentrated fire if you know how to position them. They can really light a target up.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

staberind posted:

They do for me.
WAT.

Wow, and I thought I had a lot at 270k. It probably is because I'm playing OWR and not AO3, I can't lug back one 4kg gun and sell it for $15,000 after paying 3-4k to repair it. I used to cheese the poo poo out of that. Thankfully OWR broke me of that habit quickly since it's not worth repairing the gun almost ever.

I also bought a ton of 9x39 along the course of the game. I basically started over with OWR since AO3's balance sucked and I was getting weird crashes. Since I had a badass Vikhr in AO3, I gave myself a VAL at the start because I was tired of starting from scratch. I've probably spent 50-100k on ammo alone, but it's so much fun. I'm currently roaming the zone to buy about 1000 rounds of 9x39 to take on my NPP raid. I'm probably going to bring about 200 .45 rounds as well. Like I said in a previous post, I'm even seriously considering just buying another VAL and upgrading it since that's something like 2.8kg and gives much more life to the weapon than a repair kit.

I could get another 100k from selling the Compass artifact in the Red Forest, but I kind of want to take that with me for the extra armor.

Artifacts also regenerate their status after you reload the map or enter a new one. That's definitely a glitch too.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^If you aren't friendly with scientists or just don't care, o raid their bunker in Jupiter, there's a Heart of the Oasis in there you can steal that goes for like 250k (my bad, price was actually ten times what I posted). I dunno if you can just swipe it and run without killing as I charged in as a bandit

NeoSeeker posted:

I think anything with a usage bar will recharge. The only 'cheat' I play with is unlimited companions. Can't wait to get some warfare with this, always thought squad sizes were a joke.

It's too awesome to even be considered one. You feel like a real boss with 6 squads in tow.

Following this with anticipation: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/warfare-0181/page/57#comments

Is werejew on here?

I like donning the cheeki breeki and hitting up Rostok. I do the entrance guards and loners from the garbage entrance myself and then spawn in a swarm of bandits to go rub out EVERYTHING. Problem is while you're trying to use cover you NPC spawn spends its time pushing you straight into gunfire

Stopped by Freedom to look for some work...gently caress me, first job is go wipe out the Monolith base where the brain scorcher is. It's ok, because i'm playing a bandit, so I don't believe story level is available.
Second job was to go to the Generators to wipe out the monolith base there.
Third job? Find us an Abakan....Really?

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 22, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Well, I've gotten up to what I think is the last fight in the story mode. So far everything from getting to the NPP has been mediocre, if you want to be generous. Enjoy playing hide and seek in an area where doors randomly open and close without allowing your intervention. Remember that bit in SoC where you have to hold off a wave of monolith while a door opens? Have fun doing that again, but without any cover. Now there's some last thing I'm not going to spoil but I have a suspicion it might include infinite spawning waves. I could be wrong about that. My game glitched out so I'm going to give it another shot later. Oh yeah, and the indoor area after the NPP isn't optimized for poo poo, probably because of its gimmick. I'm running without a graphics card until I can get a replacement. Normally I run on 1080p low settings. I cranked it down to 1600x900 on minimum and it's still chugging like crazy.

If someone gets stuck on that monolith fight with no cover, here's what I did. Run like hell as soon as you hear the countdown start. Try to get out of the hallway before a bunch of monolith spawn. Shoot what ones there are as you go so they don't wreck you before you can get by. Then find a place with cover that you like and start shooting at the fish in the barrel as they hang around in the doorway. I picked up a Gauss rifle from a monolith soldier outside, that worked nicely. It's a really lovely design.

E: Has anyone beaten story mode yet? I'm thinking the enemies spawn infinitely, so killing them has no point. I looked all over the map for the next waypoint, nothing. Is the game basically over? My only options now seem to be A) make a wish or B) Fight my way out of the NPP. If I go to the door you usually need to get through for the true ending, nothing happens except three monolith spawning on top of you.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 23, 2016

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
I cannot get into the Truck Cemetery in CoC for some reason. I tried going from Dark Valley, Bar and Army Warehoused but I just crash instantly when the loading completes. No error message.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

You need to disable prefetching by putting -noprefetch next to the target in your shortcut's properties.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
where are people getting the 1.4.11 patch for CoC?

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Jose Mengelez posted:

where are people getting the 1.4.11 patch for CoC?

It was up for a day on Friday, but they removed it because it was terribly unstable. You missed out on having to re-patch from scratch!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Aw poo poo. I have 11, even started a new game. seems p. stable tho.
well... Quite stable, I went to visit Doc, as you do, and found him in the shed next to the tower, looking at a couple of boxes.
unfortunately his dawg was maybe glitched, as she was biting the gently caress out of him. or at least, as he was sitting down, doing something violent to his balls, such is life in the zone.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
v1.4.12 for CoC is up on moddb as both a small patch and a full repack containing optimized textures.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Well, I've gotten up to what I think is the last fight in the story mode. So far everything from getting to the NPP has been mediocre, if you want to be generous. Enjoy playing hide and seek in an area where doors randomly open and close without allowing your intervention. Remember that bit in SoC where you have to hold off a wave of monolith while a door opens? Have fun doing that again, but without any cover. Now there's some last thing I'm not going to spoil but I have a suspicion it might include infinite spawning waves. I could be wrong about that. My game glitched out so I'm going to give it another shot later. Oh yeah, and the indoor area after the NPP isn't optimized for poo poo, probably because of its gimmick. I'm running without a graphics card until I can get a replacement. Normally I run on 1080p low settings. I cranked it down to 1600x900 on minimum and it's still chugging like crazy.

If someone gets stuck on that monolith fight with no cover, here's what I did. Run like hell as soon as you hear the countdown start. Try to get out of the hallway before a bunch of monolith spawn. Shoot what ones there are as you go so they don't wreck you before you can get by. Then find a place with cover that you like and start shooting at the fish in the barrel as they hang around in the doorway. I picked up a Gauss rifle from a monolith soldier outside, that worked nicely. It's a really lovely design.

E: Has anyone beaten story mode yet? I'm thinking the enemies spawn infinitely, so killing them has no point. I looked all over the map for the next waypoint, nothing. Is the game basically over? My only options now seem to be A) make a wish or B) Fight my way out of the NPP. If I go to the door you usually need to get through for the true ending, nothing happens except three monolith spawning on top of you.

I guess it depends which path you take. Story mode for me took me to the generators and the war lab. I've yet to figure the code for the door.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Reinstalling Call of Pripyat again because I really fancied the open experience of Call of Chernobyl. Are there any other mods it plays nicely with that people would recommend?

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

Kokoro Wish posted:

Reinstalling Call of Pripyat again because I really fancied the open experience of Call of Chernobyl. Are there any other mods it plays nicely with that people would recommend?

Call of Chernobyl is standalone so you don't need to install CoP and most mods for CoP aren't really compatible with CoC.

I'd recommend grabbing OWR out of all of the weapons mods, and look for the Absolute Nature and Absolute Structure texture packs so STALKER doesn't look like poo poo.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Autumnal Winds beta texture pack is pretty nice too.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I've got the winter mod myself. It really makes the place feel like a miserable, desolate area

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Robert Red Rocket posted:

Call of Chernobyl is standalone so you don't need to install CoP and most mods for CoP aren't really compatible with CoC.

I'd recommend grabbing OWR out of all of the weapons mods, and look for the Absolute Nature and Absolute Structure texture packs so STALKER doesn't look like poo poo.

do the absolute packs work with 1.4?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If they're the ones I made they should. I basically just compared textures from all three versions of AS/AN with textures already extant in COC and chose the higher quality ones.

Someone messaged me a while ago saying that it was broken by a patch but I literally only ever got that message so I assumed it was just an incorrect install.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/coc-1412-for-14 14.13 just dropped so...
it looks like if you got the fullrepack you may not need.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Rush Limbo posted:

If they're the ones I made they should. I basically just compared textures from all three versions of AS/AN with textures already extant in COC and chose the higher quality ones.

Someone messaged me a while ago saying that it was broken by a patch but I literally only ever got that message so I assumed it was just an incorrect install.

Are they these ones? They're flagged as outdated and I'm using the Autumn texture set in the mean time.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

staberind posted:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/coc-1412-for-14 14.13 just dropped so...
it looks like if you got the fullrepack you may not need.

I think there were some scope and binoc textures that needed resizing (not that you'd notice if you use a weapon addon)

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ah, cool, I am an AO junkie, so not really needed, I got it as I am a Digital Hoarder.