Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grapplejack posted:

They're really asking for The Love Guru to be submitted. I've been waiting to do so, I hope I get picked.

Haven't they said they're never doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I know a little about Ghosts Can't Do It and this could be another Blame It On Rio in the making

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Once of their live shows recently was from their list of "never evers"

So, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I know a little about Ghosts Can't Do It and this could be another Blame It On Rio in the making

quote:

Cast
Bo Derek as Katie Scott (née O'Dare)
Anthony Quinn as Scott
Leo Damian as Fausto
Julie Newmar as Angel
Don Murray as Winston
Donald Trump as himself

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Have they done any films with Ronald Reagan before, or is there a tiny chance that this will be the first film on WHM to star a U.S. President?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I don't think they've said that they won't do it, just that it's a loving wretched movie (it is, I saw that piece of poo poo in theaters)

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Red Bones posted:

Have they done any films with Ronald Reagan before, or is there a tiny chance that this will be the first film on WHM to star a U.S. President?

Seems unlikely they'll do a Reagan. Apart from The Conquerors I think the earliest film they've done was some anti-drug film from the 60s. I think anything earlier than about 1970 means they get into the "yikes, it must have been a different time then" territory. I mean there are internet-critic standards like Song of the South and that 1930s film about a child bride but that's one "wtf were they thinking?" and you can't do 70min of that.

There seem to be areas they've avoided:
a) pre-1970 films
b) unfunny comedies
c) foreign films

I can't see how WHM could tackle them.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They've done tons and tons of unfunny comedies.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They've done tons and tons of unfunny comedies.

In a tiny minority compared to non-comedies.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Someone on Reddit linked the Golden Corral commercial referenced in Ernest Scared Stupid and God help me I can't stop laughing at that little Foxworthy in the corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOEs0lLtTm8

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Someone on Reddit linked the Golden Corral commercial referenced in Ernest Scared Stupid and God help me I can't stop laughing at that little Foxworthy in the corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOEs0lLtTm8

I love his "Wait, what am I doing? Why am I here?" expression. Like he has no idea why he's in the commercial, either.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Seems unlikely they'll do a Reagan. Apart from The Conquerors I think the earliest film they've done was some anti-drug film from the 60s. I think anything earlier than about 1970 means they get into the "yikes, it must have been a different time then" territory. I mean there are internet-critic standards like Song of the South and that 1930s film about a child bride but that's one "wtf were they thinking?" and you can't do 70min of that.

There seem to be areas they've avoided:
a) pre-1970 films
b) unfunny comedies
c) foreign films

I can't see how WHM could tackle them.

They did the 1960's film about the terrifying world where teens could vote, too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Is Foxworthy recognisable enough in the US that his unspeaking appearance would even register?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

Is Foxworthy recognisable enough in the US that his unspeaking appearance would even register?

Yeah, definitely.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Evil Mastermind posted:

So I've never seen TCM:TNG. Are the Illuminati actually name-dropped in the movie?

Well... yes they do,though there a bit coy at first talking about a government conspiracy that dates back thousands of years before they mention the I word. Also in at least one cut of the film they also claim to be aliens who are working for the illuminati (I'm serious) I think that was what Eric was talking about with that commenter who mentioned purple blood. Oh and they also claim that Leatherface killed JFK, and there's some other really wacky stuff they talk about. There's also a bunch of scenes where the canibillies just start jumping about making noises and slapping themselves.

I think everyone whose seen the original should watch the Next Generation because words fail to convey just how much of a confused mess of a film it is.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Baka-nin posted:

Oh and they also claim that Leatherface killed JFK, and there's some other really wacky stuff they talk about.
So was Leatherface the guy behind the grassy knoll, or was he a lone gunchainsawman?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

well why not posted:

In the parts of the country that eat at Golden Corral, yes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

In the parts of the country that eat at Golden Corral, yes.

Pretty much.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The last letter in this month's mailbag :stare:

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Noughty invisible man/chimney sweep, poltergeist woman, and Hamsterman form a new league of extraordinary gentlemen

E: their arch nemesis is Michael Caine, codename RIO

E2: Quest to find Europe's greatest lost treasure, a completed Christopher Lambert fanclub punch card

E3: I just realized, I think all of those are Steve Sajdak bits. Eric's the king of non sequitur oneliners, but I guess Sajdak is the creative powerhouse behind the WHM Cinematic Universe, question mark?

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 27, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
One of the best things about re-listening to old episodes is how you develop an appreciation for how different and yet equally genius their contributions are.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

hah just got to this bit, I can't breathe.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That was Master of Disguise.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Corek posted:

That was Master of Disguise.

Then again, they said they'd never so an episode on Batman & Robin and they did that just last month...

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

man I was looking forward to the movie version of The Disaster Artist until I found out the entire cast of How Did This Get Made is in it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The last letter in this month's mailbag :stare:

That was quite a whiplash from the fun of Hamsterman.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hamsterman is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hamsterman was loving incredible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
These guys bite on the most obviously fake letters. Taking a kid to see Brown Bunny? Trapped in a bar full of Germans watching Blade 2?

Hamsterman is hilarious though y'all are totally right

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I totally believe the Brown Bunny story because I also had lovely(?) parents who would take my sister and I to "artistic" films when we were younger.

I didn't understand a lot of The Night Porter, but it definitely stuck with me!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

These guys bite on the most obviously fake letters. Taking a kid to see Brown Bunny? Trapped in a bar full of Germans watching Blade 2?
Who gives a gently caress as long as it's funny?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the bar story was funny or should've even been read.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

END ME SCOOB posted:

I totally believe the Brown Bunny story because I also had lovely(?) parents who would take my sister and I to "artistic" films when we were younger.

I didn't understand a lot of The Night Porter, but it definitely stuck with me!

yea I 100% believe the brown bunny story

Squallege posted:

to be fair the attempt to pivot off that was pretty great.

"Well...I had something similar, though not as bad, happen to me"

"Oh, were you forced to make out with your friend too?"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
The hamster story makes me glad my parents were a bunch of bleeding hearts and every pet that died in our house had a little funeral that I was present for. Even the fish.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I can totally see that Brown Bunny story happening, even if it's fake.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I liked the letter about the guy going into cardiac arrest during Van Helsing. Short and weird.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Squallege posted:

The arms race to provide the rapiest story is really weird, though after Bobby Buttons wound up being real I can't doubt any of them anymore.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Hamsterman was the hardest I've laughed at WHM since the LA live shows. Sajdak is the king of creating ridiculous characters with the right prompts. He reminds me of myself if I was way funnier.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I don't tune in to WHM Mailbags for terrifying stories like that Blade 2 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Squallege posted:

Alright I'll rephrase - who gives a gently caress as long as the hosts can be funny around it?