Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
star marine is out chris said it was out with the pu what the hell are they even talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there isn't even the slightest shred of evidence to support the notion that CR had anything to do with Freelancer having a multiplayer mode and being moddable (other than maybe that the multiplayer was idiotically done and that modding was a horrible mess, and that modding was almost guaranteed to mess up multiplayer, all of which would fit his style pretty well)?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

no.

Pickled Beets

Ingredients:
7 lbs of 2- to 2-1/2-inch diameter beets
4 cups cider vinegar (5 percent)
1-1/2 teaspoons canning or pickling salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
12 whole cloves
4 to 6 onions (2- to 2-1/2-inch diameter) if desired

Prep:
Trim off beet tops, leaving 1 inch of stem and roots to prevent bleeding of color. Wash thoroughly. Sort for size. Cover similar sizes together with boiling water and cook until tender (about 25 to 30 minutes). Caution: Drain and discard liquid. Cool beets. Trim off roots and stems and slip off skins. Slice into 1/4-inch slices. Peel and thinly slice onions. Combine vinegar, salt, sugar, and fresh water. Put spices in cheesecloth bag and add to vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil. Add beets and onions. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove spice bag. Fill jars with beets and onions, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Add hot vinegar solution, allowing 1/2-inch headspace.

Process:
Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner for 30 minutes (depending on altitude, add time according to NCHFP guidelines for your elevation). Remove from canner and allow to dry on a rack unmolested anywhere from 12-24 hours, leaving 1 inch of space between cans. Store in cool dry place out of direct sunlight.

Yield:
About 8 pints

e: personally, I leave out the onions and I think you should too. But they're an option.

Have you ever made red beet eggs? It's basically the same recipe, but you throw a bunch of hard boiled eggs in there. It's a little weird at first eating reddish pink eggs, but they are delicious, and the beets go perfectly with them.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sickening posted:

Goons have to be diligent. Not even the warlord gets to say dumb poo poo and not get called out on it. Be the change you want to be, don't be pulling shitizen poo poo.

I also am very mad with Derek Smart, absolutely one hundred per cent justified by his posting :mad:

angry angry angry

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I also am very mad with Derek Smart, absolutely one hundred per cent justified by his posting :mad:

angry angry angry

This is some lazrin level shitposting.

You touched the poop.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Have you ever made red beet eggs? It's basically the same recipe, but you throw a bunch of hard boiled eggs in there. It's a little weird at first eating reddish pink eggs, but they are delicious, and the beets go perfectly with them.

Usually when I empty out a can of beets I'll save the brine and drop some hard boiled eggs in there to soak for a day, they're super neato looking! I'm not much for pickled eggs taste-wise, but my friends love 'em

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

I'm the 10+ unironic requests for source

Star marine is whats gonna break these people of all things lol

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Drunk Theory posted:

Moderator Challenge. Usually given when a Mod has call to probate/ban a user, but instead wants to attempt to have some fun instead. They issue a challenge to the user, usually with a time limit. If the user does the challenge well, people usually are pretty enthusiastic for the user/contest. If the user doesn't do it, or does it halfassed, well they were going to be banned anyway.

SAclopedia

Thank you sir!

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Are redditors seriously arguing that DSmart can't have the subreddit devoted to harassing him closed? LOL.

perhaps we should start an /r/Lethality or /r/Cymelion and see how long it lasts.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sickening posted:

Goons have to be diligent. Not even the warlord gets to say dumb poo poo and not get called out on it. Be the change you want to be, don't be pulling shitizen poo poo.

You're pissing up the wrong tree. Again.

Just because you think it's dumb poo poo, doesn't mean squat. Other than it's your opinion, seeing as dumb asses tend to detect dumb poo poo a lot quicker than most people.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Eles take time. We're talking multiples of seven days here, not moon turns.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Eldragon posted:

Are redditors seriously arguing that DSmart can't have the subreddit devoted to harassing him closed? LOL.

perhaps we should start an /r/Lethality or /r/Cymelion and see how long it lasts.

No, but we have a goon who is doubting that fact. (me)

I just don't think derek has that kind of self control. I think the more likely story is that he put some effort to get it shutdown and has been unsuccessful. So in customary derek/roberts/shitizen fashion, declared that he is merely letting them exist by his good graces. Its funny because :irony: .

D_Smart posted:

You're pissing up the wrong tree. Again.

Just because you think it's dumb poo poo, doesn't mean squat. Other than it's your opinion, seeing as dumb asses tend to detect dumb poo poo a lot quicker than most people.

Okay derek. :rolleyes:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eldragon posted:

Yes. They are. Like seriously. Those guys are whack.

And today's dumb-rear end award goes to this lovely fellow:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/59drtp/derek_smart_on_twitter_my_latest_star_citizen/d98j99d/

quote:

[–]Abrushing 4 points an hour ago
And furthermore.
Are you writing something else or do you just not know how to use that phrase?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

quote:

You've been banned from participating in /r/DerekSmart
subreddit message via /r/DerekSmart[M] sent 1 month ago
You have been banned from participating in /r/DerekSmart. You can still view and subscribe to /r/DerekSmart, but you won't be able to post or comment.
Note from the moderators:
Insinuating sexual assault of minors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/50w08h/derek_looking_at_attending_citizencon_this_year/d7cmu93
If you have a question regarding your ban, you can contact the moderator team for /r/DerekSmart by replying to this message.
Reminder from the Reddit staff: If you use another account to circumvent this subreddit ban, that will be considered a violation of the Content Policy and can result in your account being suspended from the site as a whole.
permalinkdeletereportblock subredditmark unreadreply

The irony of me using his own words and being banned for insinuating what he definitely didn't mean...

a whole buncha crows fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 26, 2016

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

mods knew etc

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Xaerael posted:

Imagine being Fuzzy "pedophile" Modem in 25 years time, getting out of prison with your resized refactored rear end in a top hat only to find your very best friend in the world's husband's videogamemovie is still not out.

p.s., I'm skipping pages due to insane levels of busy, sorry if I Archered that joke.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sickening posted:

This is some lazrin level shitposting.

You touched the poop.

Sickening posted:

Go gently caress youself.

Signed,

Literally everyone that read that

Sickening posted:

Nope, still go gently caress yourself.

The End.

Sickening posted:

I hate to shatter your illusions but if you never posted on SA ever again this thread would still exist and just as much information would end up in it.

Actually, it would probably have less blue balls.

Sickening posted:

I have figured it out. I have cracked the code.

The reason you hate Chris so much is because he is exactly like you. You are both egotistical without merit, confident without backing, and too happy to believe in the bullshit you spew. You are both two of the biggest man babies the world has ever known.

Sickening posted:

You deserve all the mocking you get. Jesus.

Sickening posted:

Holy poo poo, just when I thought this couldn't get any more sad.

CIG and Derek deserve each other. Its like the battle of who can be the most mentally unstable. This thread is an emotional roller coaster of which side can be more shameless.

:mad:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Good thing you didn't quote the posts I was replying to, because those posts by derek are still embarrassing.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Part of the fun of the Star Citizen ARG is that all of the major players are full of poo poo.

The the zealots defending on each side are just as weird and crazy.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 26, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
inb4 "wow you took fifteen minutes off your worthless life to go through my post history" to which my answer is

Yes :grin:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sickening posted:

Good thing you didn't quote the posts I was replying to, because those posts by derek are still embarrassing.

You do realize your ivory tower is about half an apple high

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MeLKoR posted:

Around this time last year.

«...and furthermore the Star Citizen community must be destroyed.» :sherman:

burn them all

burn them all to the ground

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

angry angry angry

I don't think anyone is actually angry they just actually realize that Derek is just as much of a joke as CIG is and that's why Lowtax made him a fake mod in this SC ghetto.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Got links?

https://forums.spacebattles.com/members/fuzzy-modem.2648/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

What the heck is this? Is this some of that online sex RP crap?

https://azurelunatic.dreamwidth.org/tag/gretta

Yeah, I already found that, but it depressed me too much to post.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's not the way Trump works

You're getting what you deserve as a taxpayer/citizen/non-urban while those people cheat the system and steal are welfare

Trump doesn't talk alot about that stuff anyway, he's just got amazing things planned

Ok.

Fuzzy appears to have been into Bernie though. (looking at the threads he started on spacebattles)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

You do realize your ivory tower is about half an apple high

A sickening and heartbreaking truth

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

He has been to 2 trials.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what has actually happened from the online court listings, but I don't think he's been to 2 trials. It's likely he's had a hearing to determine that the charges are justified enough for a trial to take place, and a bail hearing somewhere in there. The original trial date was rescheduled, as evidenced by the "Hearing Reset", and the "Hearing Continued" notes. I don't know what "Calendar Call", or the omnibus thing mean, but they are most likely procedural events related to bail, reviewing justification for charges, and other odds and ends involved with charging/imprisoning someone and preparing for actual trial.

He doesn't technically have a trial until the November 14 date.

code:
07/22/2016 11:00 AM  Courtroom 102, Fairbanks Courthouse  Arraignment                      Hearing Held       4FA Arraignment Criminal/Minor Offense Judge
07/27/2016 02:00 PM  Courtroom 304, Fairbanks Courthouse  Arraignment                      Hearing Held       MacDonald, Michael A
08/25/2016 01:30 PM  Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse  Omnibus Hearing: Superior Court  Hearing Held       Blankenship, Douglas L
09/06/2016 01:30 PM  Courtroom 403, Fairbanks Courthouse  Calendar Call                    Hearing Continued  Kauvar, Jane F
09/06/2016 01:30 PM  Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse  Calendar Call                    Hearing Reset      Blankenship, Douglas L
09/07/2016 03:00 PM  Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse  Calendar Call                    Hearing Continued  Blankenship, Douglas L
09/12/2016 08:00 AM  Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse  Scheduled Trial Week             Hearing Continued  Blankenship, Douglas L
11/08/2016 01:30 PM  Courtroom 401, Fairbanks Courthouse  Calendar Call                                       Lyle, Paul R
11/14/2016 08:30 AM  Courtroom 404, Fairbanks Courthouse  Scheduled Trial Week                                Blankenship, Douglas L

XK fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 26, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

no.

Pickled Beets

Ingredients:
7 lbs of 2- to 2-1/2-inch diameter beets
4 cups cider vinegar (5 percent)
1-1/2 teaspoons canning or pickling salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
12 whole cloves
4 to 6 onions (2- to 2-1/2-inch diameter) if desired

Prep:
Trim off beet tops, leaving 1 inch of stem and roots to prevent bleeding of color. Wash thoroughly. Sort for size. Cover similar sizes together with boiling water and cook until tender (about 25 to 30 minutes). Caution: Drain and discard liquid. Cool beets. Trim off roots and stems and slip off skins. Slice into 1/4-inch slices. Peel and thinly slice onions. Combine vinegar, salt, sugar, and fresh water. Put spices in cheesecloth bag and add to vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil. Add beets and onions. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove spice bag. Fill jars with beets and onions, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Add hot vinegar solution, allowing 1/2-inch headspace.

Process:
Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner for 30 minutes (depending on altitude, add time according to NCHFP guidelines for your elevation). Remove from canner and allow to dry on a rack unmolested anywhere from 12-24 hours, leaving 1 inch of space between cans. Store in cool dry place out of direct sunlight.

Yield:
About 8 pints

e: personally, I leave out the onions and I think you should too. But they're an option.

The real recipe is

1 Kayak Owner
1 Gallon high quality tequila

Mix.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Racist AND talking about young girls.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

TIL: Half the reg threadposters are Swedish.

We are everywhere :smuggo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
shots fired

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/59i6qf/meta_should_derek_smart_be_allowed_to_post_here/d98nolr/

quote:

Why the hell not? I mean you guys are seriously deluded. You're actually debating the merits of my posting in a sub-Reddit that bears my name? Like seriously? As if my not posting here is going to change anything.

It's pretty much the same way that you guys try to control the narrative on other forums (SA, FD etc) where you all get summarily banned because you can't play nice and have no idea what discourse means; other than to attack, harass, shout/vote down etc.
I warned you guys, back in 2015, that I was going to burn down ALL your JPEGS, and your lovely game with it, simply because my quest is for accountability and vindication. During that time, you guys have primarily destroyed the game's community, it's perception, and it's very chance of survival just by your actions. You've basically drowned the Star Citizen name in the mud, and as I wrote yesterday, you lot are the worst thing that could possibly have happened to it.

So, when the final curtain is pulled back - soon - all you will have left is the protracted hate for the one man you guys really should have just left alone. But no, that was just too easy.

Look around you. Backers and the general are waking up, they're hip to the scam. It's all burning. It's in flames. There is NO recovery. And there is NOTHING that can be done about it. So instead of focusing on whether or not the target of your hate and ire should be allowed to post in your hug box or not, take a moment to observe the carnage. I did that. You were warned. And there is NOTHING that you can do to stop or harm me. You wanted a war. You got one. And you're losing. And furthermore.

ps: You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

pps: As I mentioned in the other now closed thread, this sub-Reddit exists partly because I allow it, and because the mods are somewhat diligent in moderating it. Regardless, it serves as a quarantine holding tank where we can find and identify all you. This is vital to the end game that's now playing out. When people come here, they see a group of haters who are representative of the Star Citizen community. That's all they see. And they make their judgment based on that. Which is precisely why I single-handedly control ALL of you because you cater to my narrative, my direction, and my whims. I am, and remain, your puppetmaster.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

When did Derek Smart become John Irenicus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Decrepus posted:

die all of you

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ok, I'm done. I'm not going to look at the list of threads he's started. Too much. TOO MUCH.

BTW this is him talking about a 17 year old he met at a store.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

HycoCam posted:

Chris Roberts finally got his act together and released some of the Squadron 42 mocap footage. Actually not too bad, even cracked a smile a few times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87zvl0LcEg

CIG should be embarrassed. Like, not the artists or programmers... it's a bad movie with a bad script that looks pretty. Director's fault.

It's Phantom Menace.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Finally, the blog we have all been waiting for. I am sure it will come out "soon".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Decrepus posted:

When they ripped out his soul and banished him from the treehouse.

…wow, that actually sounds fairly apropos and accurate. :D

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, I'm done. I'm not going to look at the list of threads he's started. Too much. TOO MUCH.

BTW this is him talking about a 17 year old he met at a store.

Use a sensible window width you silly person. :argh:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Usually when I empty out a can of beets I'll save the brine and drop some hard boiled eggs in there to soak for a day, they're super neato looking! I'm not much for pickled eggs taste-wise, but my friends love 'em

Nah, man, throw those eggs in with the beets and let them all soak together for at least 3 days. Serve up the eggs and beets together with some cole slaw, and a protein like roasted chicken breast, pork, or an oily fish, and it's fantastic.

Thinking about Pennsylvania Dutch food is making me want to dig out a recipe for some Shoo-Fly pie.

• Locked thread