Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Polish posted:

Ah I forgot.. here are our final costumes right before we scare people.

Been a good year go far.. that throat coat tea has been a godsend.

drat man, that's insane. Where is you're haunted house if you don't mind me asking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Phraggah posted:

drat man, that's insane. Where is you're haunted house if you don't mind me asking?

Outside of Philadelphia, place is called Shady Brook Farm. It used to be a lot bigger but then this area just got flooded with different haunts. We make due though and they let us do whatever we want so its pretty cool. More of a family place but still a blast and scaring people never gets old. Chased a girl tonight through three different rooms who her boyfriend was literally dragging her.. she looked like a deer in headlights screaming her face off. Having reactions like is like an adrenaline rush and makes the job a blast.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Polish posted:

Ah I forgot.. here are our final costumes right before we scare people.

Been a good year go far.. that throat coat tea has been a godsend.

Do you have a build guide??? I love it.

naem
May 29, 2011

Had a nightmare about this young lady

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem posted:

Had a nightmare about this young lady

"Lisa Needs Braces"

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Inzombiac posted:

Do you have a build guide??? I love it.

For the skin mask she followed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTKlIjf8hY

For the other face she just kinda made that up as she went. She got some reference pictures and then just went from there. Its a mix of liquid latex and flour. Most of her appliances she makes are latex and flour.. its cheap and easy.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
We went to a Stranger Things themed party over the weekend, dressed as Mulder and Skully. Spent a lot of time trying to get statements about the mysterious disappearances in the fall of 1983.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

stayingalivetv posted:

That close up through the stalks is righteous or wicked or whatever means cool these days.

Thank you so much! It's definitely one of my favorites from the test shoot.

Here's one from the shoot we did a couple weeks ago:

We also have one more this weekend before the Halloween party we are going to on Saturday with all of the final touches to the costume.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

youareoffthehook posted:

We also have one more this weekend before the Halloween party we are going to on Saturday with all of the final touches to the costume.

I assume that 'final touches' includes rubbing a ton of dirt into the clothes? He still looks way too pristine for a demented supernatural psycho killer who has been living alone in the woods for decades. :v:

Also maybe a little mp3 player so he can sneak up behind people and play this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHCqYCyWD4

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Put your clothes in the woods and ride over them with quads or just somewhere dirty with a lot of foot traffic. They get beat up real quick and look really authentic. Also wetting them and drying them with high heat really fucks stuff up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah, there's lots of techniques for weathering/distressing costumes to make them look worn or battle damaged or whatever but just grinding dirt into them often works best.

There's a whole bunch of youtube videos about all the different techniques, here's one I grabbed at random:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr17we7_Fv4

There's also a bunch of videos for making hard surfaces like armour seem worn or pitted.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

VendaGoat posted:

"Lisa Needs Braces"

Dental Plan

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Polish posted:

For the skin mask she followed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTKlIjf8hY

For the other face she just kinda made that up as she went. She got some reference pictures and then just went from there. Its a mix of liquid latex and flour. Most of her appliances she makes are latex and flour.. its cheap and easy.

That's well above my skill level but I have a full year to try. Thanks!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
would dressing as denise from twin peaks as a cis dude be offensive?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

would dressing as denise from twin peaks as a cis dude be offensive?

It's only offensive if you don't do an impression of David Duchovny the entire time

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Any ideas on how to do an opossum costume and not look like a furry?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I assume that 'final touches' includes rubbing a ton of dirt into the clothes? He still looks way too pristine for a demented supernatural psycho killer who has been living alone in the woods for decades. :v:

Also maybe a little mp3 player so he can sneak up behind people and play this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHCqYCyWD4

Yes, a lot more distressing will be done this week, probably will leave the jacket and shirt outside most of the week (I live in the PNW and the weather is poo poo) and since we have a gravel driveway I'll leave them there/use the gravel to distress them more before Saturday.

We were going to do that right before this shoot but there were a lot of signs of bears around where we were and we didn't want to worry about being in the field more towards sunset and being attacked by a bear just for a couple photos lol.

This is the first time I've actually done anything to represent an iconic movie character so it's all learning for me at this point! Usually I've just done basic costumes with minimal work, so this is actually a lot of fun, and I'm excited for the final shoot.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

anglerfish posted:

Any ideas on how to do an opossum costume and not look like a furry?

Nope, any sort of quasi-realistic opossum costume is technically a fursuit so will end up looking like a furry. I guess you could avoid making it look cartoony/friendly and make it look as creepy as possible although I just GISed 'opossum costume' and there's a bunch of creepy opossum fursuiters as well.

I guess one option would be to wear a costume that leaves your face exposed, possible with some sort of mask that you wear like a hat:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*quietly bookmarks thread*

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

*loudly bookmarks thread*

GREAT COSTUMES GUYS CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE!!!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
whoa dont spook me like that friend!

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Help Halloween is fast approaching and I'm outta ideas!!!

My wife wants to do a couples costume...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

French Canadian posted:

What's it like to be neutered?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

French Canadian posted:

Two man human centipede.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

French Canadian posted:

A pair of Warboys

Edit:
An anus & a vagina

Double-Edit:
Warboys was a real suggestion. She can wear a tube top.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

French Canadian posted:

Buy a cheap dill pickle costume at the discount store for yourself and she can dress up as a female deer. Tell everyone that your couples costume is a dill-doe.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

French Canadian posted:

Go to the craft store and get a cheap black shirt, some white fabric paint (should be next to shirts) and a brush. Paint a lovely skeleton on the shirt. You can even go to the next level and paint your face like a skull. Easy for the wife too.

The best part is when the party is over, you can make a joke about boning her.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Windfall posted:

Do I really have to spell out that that's goatse minus the ring

Every picture is goatse if you try hard enough

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

French Canadian posted:

Go as you, and get your wife a big purse and put your balls in it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Go as you, and get your wife a big purse and put your balls in it.

"Purse holders"

Because it's where she keeps his balls.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Been doing my thing again this year, which is mainly Twilight Zones, films, and tons of video games with the family, and some other dumb projects.

I caught a cold right before Halloween making me extra sick, so please post pictures, especially lovely ones, so that I may live vicariously through you. Really wanted to go somewhere even if it was just foliage stuff. I'm glad while they're goofy that Dinosaur Dracula (X-E) and i-Mockery still do their things every year. Did pick up a carving pumpkin and a sugar pumpkin, but that'll have to wait!

Oh yeah, also, holy grail costume:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Are there any really good fake blood recipes? Ones that won't just look like I'm wearing a pink shirt by the end of the night?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Are there any really good fake blood recipes? Ones that won't just look like I'm wearing a pink shirt by the end of the night?

http://www.avclub.com/article/fake-blood-easy-make-and-tastes-chocolate-244793

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Thank you friend.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I've done that recipe. It's good when it's liquid-y, but dried really poorly when I tried to put it on my clothes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm a big fan of this recipe for fake blood:
code:
    1/2 cup Tropical fruit punch (Hawaiian Fruit Punch® works great)
    1 cup corn syrup
    2 tablespoons of red food coloring
    1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup
    2 tablespoons of cornstarch
    1 tablespoon of powdered cocoa
https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/fake-blood-recipes/

The corn syrup makes it super goopy and the cornstarch really thickens it up but be be warned that it's super sticky, especially after you've been wearing it for an hour or so. If you pour it all over yourself and it gets all over your pants then you won't be able to sit on anything without sticking to it and leaving a mess that'll stain other people's clothes but that's going to be an issue with pretty much every kind of fake blood. Your clothes will also glue themselves to your body hair if you really soak yourself in it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather be the guy with the pink shirt than the guy covered in syrup who nobody wants to get close to.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FedEx Mercury posted:

I'd rather be the guy with the pink shirt

This is canonically incorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
sometimes i think the only appeal halloween still has is that i dont have to be me for six hours

• Locked thread