Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

God drat the Fubo Roku app picks the worst times to poo poo the bed. Stream is like 4 minutes behind now.

I think fubo may have just burped in general, my desktop app did it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Haha, Ivie's dipshit boyfriend runs in to make the save and then needs to be saved by Ivie.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
There's ya boy Sami. There's a lot to look forward to with him this season. The live crowd had NO IDEA what to make of him hugging Ivelisse, I'll tell you that. It's funny when the announcers play confused at something because the crowd is usually legitimately confused

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
e: beaten by a mile lmao

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

dsriggs posted:

e: beaten by a mile lmao

Schnitzel!

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I kinda miss the thing where upcoming fights had the wrestlers walking down the tunnel/hallway. These new graphics are hit or miss.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
PAUL LONDON

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

PAUL LONDON

He once was lost, but now he's found

(edit) ah hah, I thought this was where that Master thing might be going!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I changed my mind, now I hope Texano wins the series and becomes the host body and the gods are about to become very disappointed.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

I changed my mind, now I hope Texano wins the series and becomes the host body and the gods are about to become very disappointed.

WHO...IS...THIS...JOBBER

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Just a heavy sigh, and the whole apocalypse gets rescheduled next millennium.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Benne posted:

If so I hope they start calling him Aztexano

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Texano's a good wrestler I wish I had a reason to care about. That sunset flip over the ropes was really dope.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This is actually a decent match by Texano but it's so hard to care about him for some reason. He's like the Sheamus of LU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sweep status: DENIED

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This feud must continue

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
NEXT WEEK: CHAVO/REY LOSER LEAVES LUCHA :getin:

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is actually a decent match by Texano but it's so hard to care about him for some reason. He's like the Sheamus of LU

i'd watch him and sheamus beat the poo poo out of eachother happily, though. not because i dislike them, but they could probably put on a really dope hoss match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Johnny ribbing Sexy with these soft-rear end kicks?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Rick Knox, I find it hard to believe you saw the pin but did not see the interference there

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
THE MACK!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is the best kind of overbooking

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Booo. I don't think Sexy should beat Matanza but I wanted her to challenge.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sexy Star Status: Slamtown-ed

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That match went on waaaay too long and all of the smoke and mirrors became laughable.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
This may be a nerdish lore question, but seeing London's White Rabbit group with an Aztec tribe graphic made me wonder if LU's ever explicitly stated what the Seven Tribes are. Looking at the best version of the GotG title belt I could http://imgur.com/a/ZpFcD I'm trying to match tribe graphics to what we've seen so far.

From left to right:
1- Some kind of ram or sheep skull, unknown tribe
2- Rabbit, for London's new group
3- Moth, most likely, the rich sickos Marty and Mariposa
4- Snake. Kobra Moon and formerly Drago
5- Flaming bird, probably Fenix
6- Man with cat headdress, obviously Puma
7- Another skull face thing, with a lizard tongue and what looks like feathers or scales. No idea.

Am I thinking too hard about this or have they not given us all seven of the tribes yet?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That match went on waaaay too long and all of the smoke and mirrors became laughable.

It was real weird. Worth mentioning I suppose that this was during the first weekend of tapings, and I think like Sexy's first actual match of the year, and all the rest of the Sexy Star versus Worldwide Underground stuff was backfilled later. This was when Sexy was very much on the outs with AAA and a lot of folks thought this was just her dropping the title in kind of a clusterfuck before she was on her way out. But plans changed (especially since Ivelisse's injury left Sexy as the only female face on the roster).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fearless_Decoy posted:

This may be a nerdish lore question, but seeing London's White Rabbit group with an Aztec tribe graphic made me wonder if LU's ever explicitly stated what the Seven Tribes are. Looking at the best version of the GotG title belt I could http://imgur.com/a/ZpFcD I'm trying to match tribe graphics to what we've seen so far.

From left to right:
1- Some kind of ram or sheep skull, unknown tribe
2- Rabbit, for London's new group
3- Moth, most likely, the rich sickos Marty and Mariposa
4- Snake. Kobra Moon and formerly Drago
5- Flaming bird, probably Fenix
6- Man with cat headdress, obviously Puma
7- Another skull face thing, with a lizard tongue and what looks like feathers or scales. No idea.

Am I thinking too hard about this or have they not given us all seven of the tribes yet?

#7 might be Dragon Azteca's tribe, they've mentioned in one match that the Dragon and Puma tribes used to be allied.

#1 might be death, related to Mil Muertes?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

This was the first episode in a long time I found really dull. Definitely just felt like a bunch of poo poo they just wanted to get out of the way.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DangerDummy! posted:

This was the first episode in a long time I found really dull. Definitely just felt like a bunch of poo poo they just wanted to get out of the way.

Yeah, this was kind of the dregs of the first weekend of tapings. The most important stuff (aside from the title change to Johnny) really happened in the vignettes, setting up Chavo/Rey for next week, the GOD THING that Dario has in the box, and the end segment with Vamp and Puma. Not that much ring-wise.

Next week should be really good. Do not miss.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I hate wrestling.

Why is this so loving entertaining

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

iwentdoodie posted:

I hate wrestling.

Because it's secretly just a melodrama about spacemen and dragons and gods downloaded into mysterious artifacts and also Johnny Mundo, who is just a big jerk.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

iwentdoodie posted:

I hate wrestling.

It features a Mexican skeleton who is also a ninja

This is completely normal to the rest of the cast

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

DangerDummy! posted:

It felt like they were setting up major storylines (New people showing up, vignettes for new people, Dario being possessed by an Aztec god or some poo poo and/or looking for a new vessel of him?). It was a bit dull from a wrestling stand point though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cage and Texano are having a Best of Five series to determine who gets to become a vessel for a ancient Aztec god.

Lucha Underground owns so hard.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Special shout-out to Matt Striker this week for referring to Ivelisse as "raven-haired."

Though, with that said dark red ravens would be super rad.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Cage and Texano are having a Best of Five series to determine who gets to become a vessel for a ancient Aztec god.

I like to imagine this and the dusk til dawn series are in the same universe.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I tried giving the Dusk Till Dawn show a chance since they do a lot of marathons on El Rey. It's not actively terrible, I guess, just kinda boring and not something I'd go out of my way to watch. Decent background noise.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I, for one, can't wait to see who becomes the next Aztec Doctor Claw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
My money is on Texano. Cage being Cage is good while Texano being Texano is very, very meh.

• Locked thread