Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

No seriously I bought this game and I don't want to play it, I don't know how to give the preorder bonuses away. Please help me.

Shut up, barou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Zeuhl posted:

You gotta the-unseal the plastic and the-write down the code inside the case

gently caress that, that ruins the collector's value.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Captain Baal posted:

Tama's annoying as poo poo and I have no faith the JP version doesn't have some equally annoying vocal tic
All mascots are required to have one, dood.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tama's particular speech quote is especially frigging annoying though. Seraphie should have been your mascot. Just have her dunk on Lann 24/7 instead.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Any word on if the best character Chocolina is in the game?

Nice.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 26, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Any word on if the best character Chocolina is in the game?

Yes. She's one of the first characters you meet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is she a woman who dresses like a chocobo because there is a chibi woman who dresses like a chocobo named chocolatte so that sounds the same to me

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Does Lightning say "Meow meow choco chow"?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

What's the verbal tic Tama uses in Japanese? I'm curious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A new game by Vanillaware.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Wrong edit.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 26, 2016

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Super No Vacancy posted:

is she a woman who dresses like a chocobo because there is a chibi woman who dresses like a chocobo named chocolatte so that sounds the same to me

Chocolatte is not Chocolina, though the first thing Chocolatte says is Chocobocolina so it's easy to be confused. Chocolatte has glasses, too. There are apparently many hybrid chocobo-women if I've learned anything from Lightning Returns.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shoren posted:

Chocolatte is not Chocolina, though the first thing Chocolatte says is Chocobocolina so it's easy to be confused. Chocolatte has glasses, too. There are apparently many hybrid chocobo-women if I've learned anything from Lightning Returns.

The Who's Who book explicitly states she is Chocolina though. or rather the Chocobo on her head is.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

ImpAtom posted:

The Who's Who book explicitly states she is Chocolina though. or rather the Chocobo on her head is.

Fair enough. Haven't looked through the Who's Who book, but that was my impression.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

World of Final Fantasy is charming as gently caress.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

World of Final Fantasy is Pure and Good

https://my.mixtape.moe/mfkhnj.webm

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Zeuhl posted:

You gotta the-unseal the plastic and the-write down the code inside the case

Actually if you bought the CE from the SE store they should have emailed you the dlc code

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The CE is cool and good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

bilperkins2 posted:

What's the verbal tic Tama uses in Japanese? I'm curious.

I don't know but she's a lot easier for me to deal with in Japanese because I can tune her out. It's a shame with the English VA because some is pretty damned good and some makes me want to turn the voice acting off altogether. I played through one chapter entirely in Japanese and the only character who annoyed me was Lann.

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx
I think it wouldn't be so bad if she only applied it to words that actually take articles. "The-[adjective]" is really tough on English hearing ears.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

spotlessd posted:

I think it wouldn't be so bad if she only applied it to words that actually take articles. "The-[adjective]" is really tough on English hearing ears.

Sweet juicy Jesus yes. Tama's VA is great, but that verbal tic of hers drives me up the goddamn wall.

On a more positive note, the Sephiroth summon attack is one of the most glorious spectacles I've ever been witness to.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Sweet juicy Jesus yes. Tama's VA is great, but that verbal tic of hers drives me up the goddamn wall.

On a more positive note, the Sephiroth summon attack is one of the most glorious spectacles I've ever been witness to.

I just looked at a video of all of them. I'd put it second to Bartz's being getting the enemy caught in the crossfire of an entirely different fight, but it's still pretty great.

And as an aside to those, wow, Refia from the IIImake and Shelke from Dirge of Cerberus? They were getting clever.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is everyone playing WOFF on Vita or PS4? It's the kind of thing I would like to play on Vita but I don't want to update my Vita anymore, but also it's the kind of thing that I feel I could easily ignore forever especially with FF15 finally coming out in a month

Mega64 posted:

Probably the same reason they had to cut Stragos down to six letters.

Celest!! It Fits!!

zedprime posted:

"Is a real name" is usually disqualifying for jRPG characters.

Pretend I posted every speech in FF13 about the characters saying poo poo like "Hope... your name means hope". At least FF15's super descriptive names are Latin so you have to actually look them up

Also I like the name Locke, because he's a thief, so he probably picks locks. It's like if they renamed Cloud "Sword"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm playing WoFF on PS4 but remote playing it on my Vita before I go to sleep. It works pretty well that way.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is everyone playing WOFF on Vita or PS4? It's the kind of thing I would like to play on Vita but I don't want to update my Vita anymore, but also it's the kind of thing that I feel I could easily ignore forever especially with FF15 finally coming out in a month

Celest!! It Fits!!

Pretend I posted every speech in FF13 about the characters saying poo poo like "Hope... your name means hope". At least FF15's super descriptive names are Latin so you have to actually look them up

Also I like the name Locke, because he's a thief, so he probably picks locks. It's like if they renamed Cloud "Sword"

Or perhaps Buster McStabbins

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cloud is a Buster that tries to act like a Gob.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I wasn't sure about World at first, then I started to think I might like it(even though I hate chibi art). I figured what the hell, went to the ps4 store and noticed it was 60 bux. So now I guess I just want to know if it's worth it. If it's a full game and you guys think the battle system is fun and all that I suppose I'll grab it tomorrow. FWIW I enjoyed FF5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 10-2, 12 and I'm looking forward to 15.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Cloud is a Buster that tries to act like a Gob.
Sephiroth is definitely Buster. He's a real Motherboy.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I still dispute Square-Enix saying Sephiroth is in control of Jenova, given that the events in Nibelheim make way more sense if Jenova was controlling him. He only flips out and goes crazy once he came in close proximity to Jenova and he had her cells in him, influencing him and possibly even to reunite with the main Jenova body. Hence the "mother" talk. Then he spends the next few years in the Northern Crater with the crazy mind control alien's head for company.

I'm saying it is possible to read Sephiroth as blameless in FFVII, before spinoffs and the Compilation retconned it to be much more boring.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So you're saying Sephiroth did nothing wrong..?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Personally I don't think Blizzard-style "He was corrupted!" is what we should be striving for.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I had just gotten an e-mail from square that my copy of world of final fantasy has been shipped. Checked the tracking link. and it says it was delivered yesterday. No signature.
I hope this doesnt mean there was a screw up somewhere. I was looking forward to playing WOFF this weekend

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Taking just the original game into account, yes.

Remember that Cloud did crazy stuff like giving away the black materia or attacking Aeris under the influence of Jenova, usually when Jenova using Sephiroth's form is nearby. The same could be very well true for Sephiroth since he was standing outside of Jenova's room in the Nibelheim reactor when he first went crazy. Then remember that Jenova can summon and mind control anyone who has her cells which is why you see the Sephiroth copies in the Northern Crater.

Everything is all Jenova and Hojo's fault. Sephiroth was just an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I still dispute Square-Enix saying Sephiroth is in control of Jenova, given that the events in Nibelheim make way more sense if Jenova was controlling him. He only flips out and goes crazy once he came in close proximity to Jenova and he had her cells in him, influencing him and possibly even to reunite with the main Jenova body. Hence the "mother" talk. Then he spends the next few years in the Northern Crater with the crazy mind control alien's head for company.

I'm saying it is possible to read Sephiroth as blameless in FFVII, before spinoffs and the Compilation retconned it to be much more boring.

I think it's more interesting that this goon from Gaia was a bad enough dude to mentally overwhelm a space monster and take control of their Cronenberged form towards his own ends - becoming a God rather than just eating more planets, just based on the original game.

The extended universe did make him worse though, :agreed:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cavelcade posted:

I think it's more interesting that this goon from Gaia was a bad enough dude to mentally overwhelm a space monster and take control of their Cronenberged form towards his own ends - becoming a God rather than just eating more planets, just based on the original game.

The extended universe did make him worse though, :agreed:

The problem with this reading is that Sephiroth never had megalomaniacal inclinations during the time we see of him before he encountered Jenova. Even though he was Shinra's best SOLDIER he didn't seem to be in it for glory or fame.

Even taking spinoffs into account, he's a super chill dude who genuinely cares for Genesis, Angeal and eventually Zack in Crisis Core. At least pre-Nibelheim.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It doesn't matter because he's not as strong as Caius

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Terper posted:

It doesn't matter because he's not as strong as Caius

That's true. I bet even World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy XV's villains combined couldn't beat Caius. He has the strongest power level and only when Lightning-sama went SSJ4 did he get into a stalemate.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Youtube just spoiled the cameo fight for me in WoFF despite me not looking up any videos of it in the first place. :smith:

Really big spoilers Xenogears was such a mediocre to bad game but the mech designs were so cool, seeing it again made me flip out.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That's true. I bet even World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy XV's villains combined couldn't beat Caius. He has the strongest power level and only when Lightning-sama went SSJ4 did he get into a stalemate.

I dunno, Ardyn makes a strong showing. He has a fancy, purple car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I was, for most of my first run of FFVII earlier this year, getting the idea that present-day Sephiroth barely existed 'as' Sephiroth. The real one got hilariously killed by Cloud in the Nibelheim reactor and that was the end of it, the one you're spending most of the game fighting is basically just an approximation built from people's memories of some basass named Sephiroth acting as a face and hands for the otherwise kinda helpless Jenova--basically, what Sephiroth claimed Cloud to be. I don't care that the expanded universe probably retconned it, it makes sense to me, and I do like how much of all that is vague enough to let you figure some of it out like that.

...actually, can people help out on that one, is Cloud as we played him really basically just a homonculus basing itself off someone Tifa remembered, or is he actually legit? They never really answered that one conclusively in the game, far as I could tell they just kinda dropped it before coming to a conclusion either way.