Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taters
Jun 13, 2005

UserErr0r posted:

Nobody really ever spawns Pegasus vehicles unless it's a combat vehicle.

I travel around the world of GTA Online exclusively by Dump Truck and Kraken.

We're in vacation black-out at work, but if we weren't I'd be tempted to take a week off, buy a few gallons of booze and some speed and see how fast I could get banned based entirely on Reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

One of my friends got reported enough for spawn-sniping people to earn him a "we're watching you, shape up" warning, but that's for Bad Sport, not a ban, and you can easily eliminate your Bad Sport points just by doing some missions. I'm not sure you can get banned based on reports, which they probably receive a million of a day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some of the other threads on that forum linked earlier, people are complaining about "their customers" accounts having money removed. These people are building accounts with hacked money to sell for real money. I would imagine that's who rockstar is looking for.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the three strikes rule was retarded and didn't offer the slightest deterrent.

Capn Beeb posted:

The only thing I've seen people get routinely popped for is loving with money. God mode, blowing up people's cars, all that poo poo? Oh well who cares. The big problem is a hack menu has a ban player feature and Rockstar won't review bans once they're done.

the rank 8000 guys griefing with godmode don't usually have the self control to forego hacking themselves a poo poo ton of cash given the option.

Powershift posted:

Player reports do nothing.

menu authors have exhaustively tested this on throwaway accounts that their friends have reported and the results say otherwise. hell, it looks like poundcoin copped 2 bans just for jet trolling. that said, i reckon of the small percentage of players that know how to report an even smaller percentage actually bother, erryone else spams the chat with "MONEY PLZ".

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Jet trolling?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

parking a jet under a bridge and demanding a toll to cross. the gently caress you think i meant?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
After you kill a player, they respawn, and sit there for half a minute before moving, how much do you want to bet that some of these players are reporting you for killing them (but claiming you're cheating or something)?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Jose Mengelez posted:

menu authors have exhaustively tested this on throwaway accounts that their friends have reported and the results say otherwise. hell, it looks like poundcoin copped 2 bans just for jet trolling. that said, i reckon of the small percentage of players that know how to report an even smaller percentage actually bother, erryone else spams the chat with "MONEY PLZ".

Logged in yesterday after hearing about this new ban stuff.

They've zero'd my bank account for the 5th time.

Still got all my cars and poo poo....but I'm done with this game.

Fun fact: While you're suspended, your account is marked in such a way that if you try to use the ticket system to appeal it, the appeal is automatically rejected, even if you open a new support ticket, that new ticket will also be market as from a "cheater" and automatically ignored.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 26, 2016

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

UserErr0r posted:

After you kill a player, they respawn, and sit there for half a minute before moving, how much do you want to bet that some of these players are reporting you for killing them (but claiming you're cheating or something)?

I don't know, but that's the best time to snipe them again

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Pound_Coin posted:

Fun fact: While you're suspended, your account is marked in such a way that if you try to use the ticket system to appeal it, the appeal is automatically rejected, even if you open a new support ticket, that new ticket will also be market as from a "cheater" and automatically ignored.

I always wondered why they waited till my ban ended to reply back to me. Sorry to lose you, man, the game isn't why some of us play the game.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
How are the two new bikes? I'm about to buy the Hakochou Drag but I'd like to know before I dump all that money into it.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Zigmidge posted:

I always wondered why they waited till my ban ended to reply back to me. Sorry to lose you, man, the game isn't why some of us play the game.

I mostly played the game to dunk on pubbies* in a hydra, but apparently that's bannable now. Been playing battlemans 1 anyway, we've even got dryerlint, so it's like the good old days of gta (just a constant stream of cock and werewolf-blowjobs on mumble)

*between accidentally hitting goons, flying into invisible pylons and lawn-darting during downtown strafing runs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
:rip: poundcoin, it was good times

SisterFister posted:

How are the two new bikes? I'm about to buy the Hakochou Drag but I'd like to know before I dump all that money into it.

drag is very good, though it has some odd handling quirks, but understand in advance you're paying a big price premium compared to a bike which is probably like 1/20th the cost and 95% the capability

other new bike is 100% buy it for looks territory because it doesn't outperform something like a $9000 Akuma

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Don't be mistaken, though, you still want the bati or hakuchou for racing because a bike without wheelies can't compete.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm like a graceful bird.

https://gfycat.com/SelfassuredIgnorantEasteuropeanshepherd

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

Zigmidge posted:

Don't be mistaken, though, you still want the bati or hakuchou for racing because a bike without wheelies can't compete.

no it is fast enough that wheelie doesn't matter. you can still pull back and go faster like a wheelie. the main issue is the handling, in that it doesn't have any.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Zigmidge posted:

I tried to do a stunt race with the hakuchou and just kept flying off the sides of the track, although I did still managed to come in second somehow but I thinks that because only one other guy had a custom bati (he won)

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
Thanks everyone, I think I'll keep my Akuma for racing and buy the Drag for.... everything else. I beat Bati's constantly with the Akuma, is it supposed to be better though?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I dunno if this is the thread for posting funny gta online related things but there's nowhere else on SA for it so

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

SisterFister posted:

Thanks everyone, I think I'll keep my Akuma for racing and buy the Drag for.... everything else. I beat Bati's constantly with the Akuma, is it supposed to be better though?

If I remember right the Bati has better acceleration but the Akuma has better handling so it depends on the track / personal preference. The Hakuchou drag and Defiler should both be competitive against pubbies also. Drag bike has crazy acceleration but it handles like the post office (still handles better than the regular Hakuchou though).

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
So regarding the port blocking for private-public sessions, I just wrote these real quick (it took longer to write this post) to remove the need to get into the Advanced Firewall GUI. Note that they're untested, but feel free to change that:
code:
#1 New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "GTA:O Blocking" -Direction Outbound -Action Block -Protocol UDP -RemotePort 6672,61455-61458 -Enabled False
#2 netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="GTA:O Blocking" new enable=yes
#3 netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="GTA:O Blocking" new enable=no
#1 is a powershell command to create the firewall rule. It defaults to being disabled as to not interfere with anything (in or out of GTAO). You might need an admin powershell window to get this to work.
#2 and #3 are regular cmd shell commands. Make these into shortcuts on your desktop or somewhere else that's easily accessible.
#2 enables the port blocking (broken matchmaking)
#3 disables the port blocking (regular matchmaking)

If you've already manually created the firewall rule, #2 and #3 should still work, just make sure the name field matches.
e: powershell didn't have much functionality back on Win7, so "oh well" if #1 doesn't work on people still living in 2009.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

titties posted:

If I remember right the Bati has better acceleration but the Akuma has better handling so it depends on the track / personal preference. The Hakuchou drag and Defiler should both be competitive against pubbies also. Drag bike has crazy acceleration but it handles like the post office (still handles better than the regular Hakuchou though).

I think it's that the Akuma accelerates better and the Bati is slightly faster. I like them both, so I have both. :v:

you're dead wrong about the regular hakuchou though, that thing is magic on two wheels

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Van you crazee. The drag has probably the best handling of any vehicle, better than the magical t20. You just gotta, you know, brake.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Man, I was gonna sign in for that sweet sweet 250k free money, but my SSD decided it was gonna take a dump and start throwing SMART errors all over the place :(

I'm deathly afraid to actually write any new files to it, but GTA won't start. I hear the groovy "waiting to connect to online" music for like 5 minutes, then it suddenly stops and nothing else happens. GTAV says it needs 30GB of files because they failed cache validation.

New drive should arrive by Friday, Gonna be the fastest fresh install of all time. All for pixelbux.

Seriously tho, I've missed playing with you goons. Being unemployed made me not wanna play, and then I got a new job, and my brain is worn out at the end of the day. This week, I'm finally starting to get into a decent pattern where I feel like gaming again, and of course... fail.mp3

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

when does that sweet 250k bonus kick in? is it already active? i need the money for bike club to make more money

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I want this guy to cease living tbh

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

titties posted:

I want this guy to cease living tbh

what a tard :commissar:

taters
Jun 13, 2005

He probably tried to do it and failed, reporting out of a deep feeling of inadequacy.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

alf_pogs posted:

when does that sweet 250k bonus kick in? is it already active? i need the money for bike club to make more money

From what I understand you just log in any time between now and October 31st and then you'll get the 250k on November 4th.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
I played for the first time in months last night (PC - HowitzerExpGuy) and was called a sociopath for bombing some guy's car after waiting for him to come out of LSC. He said he spent $50K on customizations but somehow failed to insure the vehicle. Am I still playing the game correctly?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

HiriseSoftware posted:

I played for the first time in months last night (PC - HowitzerExpGuy) and was called a sociopath for bombing some guy's car after waiting for him to come out of LSC. He said he spent $50K on customizations but somehow failed to insure the vehicle. Am I still playing the game correctly?

you don't need us to tell you this but yes, yes you are :golfclap:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
But that's 50k that the guy might go replace with shark card money :(
RD2 and GTA6:O are going to suck if there's never a hacker money period

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

HiriseSoftware posted:

Well done!

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So I recently got back into this when I heard there's a lot more poo poo to do in free roam now. Set up my own meth and coke labs, but where are all the crew members? I'm in LLJK but I never see anybody online these days.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

What platform are you on? Find us in Discord (info in the op) if you play PC. If you don't, welp, maybe you are the one to galvanise the console crew.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Arsonide posted:

So I recently got back into this when I heard there's a lot more poo poo to do in free roam now. Set up my own meth and coke labs, but where are all the crew members? I'm in LLJK but I never see anybody online these days.

AFAIK PC crew is the most active (like my colleague zig noted you can find us on Discord) followed by PS4 crew (which is more of an occasional get together crew; get with titties as he is usually the one to wrangle some psgoons up for funtimes) with xbone in a distant third (I know of two or three lonely goons who want other warm goon bodies to heist/rampage with) which is a ghost town (citation needed)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

UserErr0r posted:

RD2 and GTA6:O are going to suck if there's never a hacker money period

But they'll still be Rockstar games, so there will be glitches to abuse. Imagine duping horses to sell!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

There are some bad jokes about slavery in there

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

FuturePastNow posted:

But they'll still be Rockstar games, so there will be glitches to abuse. Imagine duping horses to sell!

Will there be a tuner update that releases Japanese import horses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
tiny horse dlc

• Locked thread