Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

You can change the search frequency in Sonarr. I use 30 minutes because I don't care if it arrives 10 minutes later than another source but go crazy if its bugging you that much. The impressive thing with Sonarr is its failed download handling more than anything else. Otherwise it functions very similar to SABnzbd. Oh and it supports torrents if you can find things there that much faster.

No yeah, Sonarr is definitely the poo poo and waaay more intuitive than sickbeard or couchpotato (for me at least), my issues actuall more than anything was with nzbndx. Seems nzb su is a bit faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I'm getting tired of lovely completion on Astraweb and am considering moving to usenet.farm. Is anyone else with farm? Are you happy with them?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

bigis posted:

I'm getting tired of lovely completion on Astraweb and am considering moving to usenet.farm. Is anyone else with farm? Are you happy with them?

I tried their free trial block as a backup and it worked fine. Signup for the free trial and give it a shot, nothing to lose!

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

bigis posted:

I use their block as a backup and have found them reliable although not the world's fastest.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Just a reminder about xsusenet's free tier. I had let the account lapse and didn't realize it until just this morning, so it's on my mind.

Pretty great for a backup server. Even though I have blocknews and tweaknews blocks for backup, xsusenet still gets hit somewhat regularly.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

This is what I do. I have it as my last priority server (mainly so it will prefer to the faster servers first) but it's perfect as an alternative provider.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I've seen a number of incompletes lately on Frugal. Is this just a coincidence or do they use a source that is famous for that?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
You pretty much need a second server now, especially for certain networks' shows and certain studios' movies.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thermopyle posted:

Just a reminder about xsusenet's free tier. I had let the account lapse and didn't realize it until just this morning, so it's on my mind.

Pretty great for a backup server. Even though I have blocknews and tweaknews blocks for backup, xsusenet still gets hit somewhat regularly.

Is it just me or are they not sending out the monthly emails asking you to reactivate anymore? I havent had one in a while and its usually a connection error appearing that prompts me

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Thanks to this thread I got two more backup servers for free! Thanks thread!

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Hughlander posted:

Thanks to this thread I got two more backup servers for free! Thanks thread!

Two? Which one other than xsusenet?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Skarsnik posted:

Is it just me or are they not sending out the monthly emails asking you to reactivate anymore? I havent had one in a while and its usually a connection error appearing that prompts me
They changed their website recently. Haven't had any pausing/emails lately but I did need to change my site login (NZBget/SAB setting is unchanged) to use the email address as the login.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Heners_UK posted:

Two? Which one other than xsusenet?

From this page:

bigis posted:

slash posted:
I tried their free trial block as a backup and it worked fine. Signup for the free trial and give it a shot, nothing to lose!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Skarsnik posted:

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. I didn't notice the connection errors for a long time.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

What is the best way to handle obfuscated files that aren't movies or tv shows? I'm trying to get mylar working and about half the issues I'm grabbing have obfuscated titles. From what I can gather the solution is to setup sorting from within sabnzbd but since it isn't a video file I'm kind of hitting a roadblock as to how to go about it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason why I am no longer maxing out my connections in sabnzbd? I noticed this with astraweb so I tried out a supernews trial, but it's the same problem. It only want's to use 5 or 6 out of 20 connections and I am only reaching maybe 50% or less of my internet connection.

Edit: I've been using usenet with sabnzbd for years and years and never had this problem until recently.

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 26, 2016

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Anyone know anything about nextgennews being down?

Anyone have any opinions on Spotnet as an alternative to NZB indexers?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I've never used Spotnet but it seems like NZB.cat is the consensus on a good option for people needing a new home. I use it as a backup to nzbs dot org when it's down and it's worked quite well.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Godinster posted:

I've never used Spotnet but it seems like NZB.cat is the consensus on a good option for people needing a new home. I use it as a backup to nzbs dot org when it's down and it's worked quite well.

If you're going to recommend something at least make sure that registrations are open :)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Sub Rosa posted:

I've kept spotweb running on a VM for a couple of years. It's not bad but there's a heavy Netherlands presence so a lot of your Linux ISOs may be subbed for the Netherlands. Newznab indexers seem to be a little better overall but more possible sources isn't bad.

Like a lot of sites that have closed their open registration, nzb.cat members have invites to send out but we're not doing those in the thread anymore because it ends up being very spammy.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

If you're going to recommend something at least make sure that registrations are open :)

I think you can pay to register? Most of the good sites now are paid anyway and at least Cat is a one time deal... for now.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Godinster posted:

I think you can pay to register? Most of the good sites now are paid anyway and at least Cat is a one time deal... for now.

That's what they said about DogNZB.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

That's what they said about DogNZB.

Don't bring back memories :(

Dog is still somewhat useful on their BS "light" account to pull APIs when NZBs dot org is down, aka every night after 9 PM

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

Godinster posted:

Don't bring back memories :(

Dog is still somewhat useful on their BS "light" account to pull APIs when NZBs dot org is down, aka every night after 9 PM

What's up with their down times anyway? It seems like the question constantly comes up but with no adequate explanation. Do they really need multihour planned maintenances each day?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
They haven't really said what's going on. I still use like 10 indexers and recommend others do the same. Between the few paid ones and a bunch of free ones I never seem to be missing releases.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Rexxed posted:

there's a heavy Netherlands presence so a lot of your Linux ISOs may be subbed for the Netherlands.

Are they hard-subs (burned in) or normal srt subs? The latter is OK with me as I only occasionally need help in Dutch during my Linux use when I'm using apt-get to install new FOSS software.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Sub Rosa posted:

Thermopyle posted:

I ran spotweb for several years, but one day I just gave up on it because all my other tools (sickbeard, etc) found stuff way faster on newznab sites so my spotweb installation was basically never used by anything.

Basically if you run spotweb it'll never get used because by its nature its slower than the automated crawlers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Heners_UK posted:

Are they hard-subs (burned in) or normal srt subs? The latter is OK with me as I only occasionally need help in Dutch during my Linux use when I'm using apt-get to install new FOSS software.

The Dutch always use hard subs despite the method being horribly outdated. They are the assholes of usenet.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jesse Iceberg posted:

What's up with their down times anyway? It seems like the question constantly comes up but with no adequate explanation. Do they really need multihour planned maintenances each day?

They're still by far the best indexer imo, but the downtime is just hilarious at this point and there is almost certainly no way it's planned.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Its when dad turns off the Wifi for the night

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Godinster posted:

Like I said:

Registrations are currently invite only.

:shobon:

I've been wanting to get a backup for nzbs.org in case it ever goes down. I don't know what I'll do if that happens.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

e: ...

Slash fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 2, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Woo! I've not spent much time in Sonarr recently, but just spotted they now have an indicator where the scene's designation of sXXeXX differs from the tvdb. No more confusion as to how to manually deal with this stuff, they've done a really good job with this.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is nzbs.org gone? It seems like it's been down for a while now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's always down after midnight ET these days for a bunch of hours. It's up and working for me again as usual this morning. It's getting a bit annoying as it's been going on for months now.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Dot org works for me. Make sure you're signing in on /forum or /beta at the end of the url, especially if you haven't signed in for a while.

EL is right though, it seems to go down nightly around midnight for an hour or more.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah if it ever loads a blank page really fast, I always do /login as it's just forgotten me. I didn't know about the /beta one... time to investigate!

E: hm beta just goes to a blank page for me.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 17, 2016

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The Black Friday deals are starting, at least with one.

https://www.thundernews.com/signup_bf_2016.php

Going to grab this and a Usenet Farm block this time around I think.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Also if anyone has a basic NZBCat account they're offering VIP for $5 all week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
NZBCat also has semi-open registrations right now.

https://nzb.cat/invites