Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Feature creep, this late in the dev cycle.

Also, that trailer makes Noctis look like John Wick and I have a better appreciation for the "throw sword, warp to sword" idea after seeing in the trailer. It's a good thing. I think November is going to be a slow drip of the Kingsglaive and the anime in preparation for the game. The GamesRadar podcast said that if you don't have the movie as a background, there's a lot of things that don't get clearly explained for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Renoistic posted:

They just keep piling stuff on the pile, don't they. What the heck are they doing

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/791641687764467712

U wot m8

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Feature creep, this late in the dev cycle.

Also, that trailer makes Noctis look like John Wick and I have a better appreciation for the "throw sword, warp to sword" idea after seeing in the trailer. It's a good thing. I think November is going to be a slow drip of the Kingsglaive and the anime in preparation for the game. The GamesRadar podcast said that if you don't have the movie as a background, there's a lot of things that don't get clearly explained for a long time.

The Dev Cycle is done.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Renoistic posted:

They just keep piling stuff on the pile, don't they. What the heck are they doing

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/791641687764467712

Well, the point of the DLC is to make each individual character controllable. The online portion will be each person controlling an individual character for the last segment of the story.

e-Also the omen video is pretty cool.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 27, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Onmi posted:

The Dev Cycle is done.

I've been hurt before. I won't believe it's done until I'm playing it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'd be more excited if they would just tell us if they've fixed the stuff they weren't happy with ie the reason they gave for the delay. Have any reputable sources said anything about the frame rate of the latest builds?

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 27, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Levantine posted:

Throwing everything at the wall and seeing what'll stick I guess! I'm pretty on-board with co-op, personally.

co-op fishing

and chocobo racing :parrot:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I'd be more excited if they would just tell us if they've fixed the stuff they weren't happy with ie the reason they gave for the delay. HAve any reputable sources said anything about the frame rate of the latest builds?

Several gameplay videos and sites allowed to play 15~ hours have, yes.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Terper posted:

Several gameplay videos and sites allowed to play 15~ hours have, yes.

What's the verdict? I don't have a PS4 yet and am contemplating going for the Pro.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

30 fps. Go for the Pro if you want to, but it's perfectly fine on the normal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Renoistic posted:

What's the verdict? I don't have a PS4 yet and am contemplating going for the Pro.

I mean just about every preview after TGS has been pretty drat positive about the thing. There wont be a verdict till its all out but the consensus so far is "drat this is a good game and I hope it keeps up for the other 2/3 of it"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
remember when they did a huge event to reveal the release date

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah the hype in the thread was great and Stand By Me was awesome

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Too Much (Is Never Enough) is the most bombastic bullshit ever and I love it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Cavelcade posted:

I think it's more interesting that this goon from Gaia was a bad enough dude to mentally overwhelm a space monster and take control of their Cronenberged form towards his own ends - becoming a God rather than just eating more planets, just based on the original game.

The extended universe did make him worse though, :agreed:

lmao did you seriously use Cronenberg as a verb you loser

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Terper posted:

Yeah the hype in the thread was great and Stand By Me was awesome

Squeenix are toying with me with that, I was all ready to not care about XV on the metric of it basically not being a Final Fantasy game and me not liking what it is instead. But then they whip out Florence and the Machine and welp, now I HAVE to be interested.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Onmi posted:

The Dev Cycle is done.

No one should have that much power in the palm of their hands...

loving hell, think about how much money and tears/years were put into those two disks :negative:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was like eleven when I played FF7 and I misinterpreted the plot pretty badly. When it was revealed Cloud was actually Zack, I thought that meant ALL of Cloud's memories were Zack's, and that Zack was Tifa's childhood friend and Cloud was even more a 'just some dude'. Also I had the interpretation that all the times you run into Sephiroth in the game were just Clones made by Jenova, except the one that's in the mako crystal or whatever, and you fight that one and kill him in one hit at the very end of the game after you fight that angel winged Sephiroth.

Oh also you play the game wrong if you don't rename Red XIII to Nanaki. Sort of like how you should rename Frog to Glenn and Magus to Janus in Chrono Trigger. Renaming Marle to Nadia is optional, though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I was like eleven when I played FF7 and I misinterpreted the plot pretty badly. When it was revealed Cloud was actually Zack, I thought that meant ALL of Cloud's memories were Zack's, and that Zack was Tifa's childhood friend and Cloud was even more a 'just some dude'. Also I had the interpretation that all the times you run into Sephiroth in the game were just Clones made by Jenova, except the one that's in the mako crystal or whatever, and you fight that one and kill him in one hit at the very end of the game after you fight that angel winged Sephiroth.

Oh also you play the game wrong if you don't rename Red XIII to Nanaki. Sort of like how you should rename Frog to Glenn and Magus to Janus in Chrono Trigger. Renaming Marle to Nadia is optional, though.

Nanaki's name is Nanaki!?

Anyways, the ffxv trailer makes me feel like there is going to be some fuckery and the Chaos you fight in chapter 0 is actually alter Noctis.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
by sheer coinidence i named Frog Glenn when i played chrono trigger for the first time and i got real confused

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Omen was good and I'm back to being real excited about this game.

Gologle posted:

lmao did you seriously use Cronenberg as a verb you loser

Yeah imagine watching a popular nerd show and being on SA at the same time, I wonder what that venn diagram would look like.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Also I had the interpretation that all the times you run into Sephiroth in the game were just Clones made by Jenova, except the one that's in the mako crystal or whatever, and you fight that one and kill him in one hit at the very end of the game after you fight that angel winged Sephiroth

This IS the case, except that when you fight him at the end he's the one that goes Bizarro/Seraph. The guaranteed one-hit kill is just inside Cloud's head.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I renamed Guile to Janus in Chrono Cross. :(

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

corn in the bible posted:

by sheer coinidence i named Frog Glenn when i played chrono trigger for the first time and i got real confused

My best friend's name was Zack when FFVII came out and we played together - named Cloud "Zack".

We were confused as gently caress.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Fortitude posted:

FFVII is a story where the hero (Zack) and heroine (Aeris) died and it's up to the sidekick, who is a crazy guy deluding himself and others about his past and a ragtag bunch of misfits with plenty of metal health issues themselves to save the world.

I think this is an extremely lovely way to look at it because it implies that a rag tag bunch of people with mental problems can't be the heroes. Which they are.

Zack is not the "real hero." He's a hero who died. Cloud fakes it til he makes only he doesn't know he's faking it and making it means having a mental breakdown and incorporating all aspects of himself.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ladies and gentlemen: final fantasy xv is going to loving rule

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I feel like Final Fantasy 7 is somehow this abstract, conceptual PSone quasi-game where everyone who played it, despite allegedly seeing the same things, came away with radically different versions of what happened. I always knew that the shirtless Sephy you fight at the end wasn't some metaphor or some bullshit that you people seem to believe, but since they were fighting in a realm where what is real and what is fantasy blur that Sephy is just as real as any other monster you fight in the Northern Crater. It is physically, actually Sephiroth, just as Safer Sephiroth is also Sephiroth.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Since I can't play it, I've been watching vids of WOFF, and why is your MP guage so tiny? It's barely enough for three spells.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gologle posted:

I feel like Final Fantasy 7 is somehow this abstract, conceptual PSone quasi-game where everyone who played it, despite allegedly seeing the same things, came away with radically different versions of what happened. I always knew that the shirtless Sephy you fight at the end wasn't some metaphor or some bullshit that you people seem to believe, but since they were fighting in a realm where what is real and what is fantasy blur that Sephy is just as real as any other monster you fight in the Northern Crater. It is physically, actually Sephiroth, just as Safer Sephiroth is also Sephiroth.
The translation was a mess and we were all 8.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gologle posted:

Since I can't play it, I've been watching vids of WOFF, and why is your MP guage so tiny? It's barely enough for three spells.

Because it refills naturally, you have reduced MP costs when hitting weaknesses, and there are other methods to replenish it, so rather than a large MP bar you have a smaller one you have to manage more carefully.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The translation was a mess and we were all 8.

That's not true, I'm 24 and misinterpreted it this year! It's a mess for all ages!

I still stand by my secondary reading of the whole thing, as a really lovely tabletop campaign. You just start off by seeing Barrett as being that kind of Paladin player that declares he's Lawful Good and then refuses to play like it, and everything else just falls into place.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cleretic posted:

That's not true, I'm 24 and misinterpreted it this year! It's a mess for all ages!

I still stand by my secondary reading of the whole thing, as a really lovely tabletop campaign. You just start off by seeing Barrett as being that kind of Paladin player that declares he's Lawful Good and then refuses to play like it, and everything else just falls into place.
Well, the story is fine. It's just not translated well.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its a shame the Sephiroth/Jenova dynamic is mired in a 90s translation because its a really neat take on jRPG henchmen, where Sephiroth is his own henchman and sub boss, except when Cloud is being his henchman until he learns how to will hard enough to not be his henchman.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
How does unlocking Mirage Boards work if the target board is not an available transfiguration? I unlocked the Glow Moogle Board from the normal Moogle Board, but I can't transfigure to Glow Moogle or find a way to actually access its Board.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The story is fine, but the only people who know it are Cloud (unreliable narrator), Tifa (unreliable narrator), Hojo (lol), Zack (dead), and Sephiroth ("dead")

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vanrushal posted:

How does unlocking Mirage Boards work if the target board is not an available transfiguration? I unlocked the Glow Moogle Board from the normal Moogle Board, but I can't transfigure to Glow Moogle or find a way to actually access its Board.

Unlocking a mirage board should allow you to change over to it. You're trying to change mirage boards from the menu, right, not just change to another of the current mirage board's forms?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
People asking what Tama's vocal tic was in Japanese: she adds ~no desu to the ends of sentences. Significantly less often than she the-uses her English the-gimmick, too. Overall a much less grating vocal tic.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vanrushal posted:

You have to press the options button on ps4 while in the mirage storage. Then it should let you change boards. No abilities / passives / stats carry over when changing boards completely, but you can keep abilities / passives / stats when you change to a mirage that is on the same board ie moogle to pirate moogle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 28, 2016

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

ImpAtom posted:

Unlocking a mirage board should allow you to change over to it. You're trying to change mirage boards from the menu, right, not just change to another of the current mirage board's forms?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You have to press the options button on ps4 while in the mirage storage. Then it should let you change boards. No abilities / passives / stats carry over when changing boards completely, but you can keep abilities / passives / stats when you change to a mirage that is on the same board ie moogle to pirate moogle.

Derp, I was just expecting to be able to start activating stuff on the Glow Moogle Board from the Moogle Board I guess. I didn't think to transfigure from the Prism Case screen since the Glow Moogle didn't show up as a related transfiguration on the Mirage Board menu. :downs: Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Gologle posted:

I think Meteor takes 11MP out of 12. That leaves Ultima as a possible 12MP.