Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

Alright, after some back and forth with Podima, he has convinced me to stay in the game. I wanted to replace because I feel pretty disconnected since the 4 of the top 7 people in the post count list are people that I just don't enjoy interacting with due to shitposting. I knew this might be an issue, but I never thought it would be this bad. I am genuinely frustrated because I wanted to have fun in this game, but the shitposting is just too much for me to feel engaged. I know that this is my own personal issue and in the future I won't be playing games with certain people.

And for the record: gently caress you Kash and Tobbs and others who are talking about my meta. Your lovely rear end meta reads are complete bullshit. Just take a look at Quid who people said much be scum because he wasn't posting. I work as a messenger driving around for ~10 hours a day in traffic. Some days I get to read and post on my phone and some days I don't get to do it. Normally, I will post when I get home, but the past week has been the Cubs playoff games/World Series. They are a team I've loved for over 30+ years and this is probably the best team I've ever seen them field. On game days, I am also spending between 3-5 hours watching the game and talking about it with other people. And especially big gently caress you to Tobbs for saying that I must be scum for using the same excuse for not playing. And Kash, gently caress you too because the game you vigged me in you knew I was scum because I was posting heavily in one game while ignoring the other, so you're whole meta argument falls apart because I wasn't posting in either game since I have been so busy lately.

As for reads, I think this Inf push is pretty loving scummy. Inf may be one of the reasons I feel disengaged, but I just don't think he's scum here. The whole thing seems to revolve around his jailer claim, but everyone is completely ignoring the fact that chores has claimed to be a rolecop (which is traditionally a scum role) and has confirmed that Inf is a jailer because Jimson bus drove Kash/Inf on N1. I think that chores is probably scum in this game. He's drowning the thread with shitposts so nobody will really look at him and he claims a traditional scum role with seemingly no fear about being killed at night. Even if he thought he caught Kash in a lie, why expose yourself on D2 when you have a decent investigative role. Sure it's not a true cop, but he still might be able to find bad roles or confirm other peoples claims. I'm happy to ##vote chores at this time.

I also find it weird that chores is so willing to defend Jimmy Hats as just an eccocop. I think the speculation that he's something similar to a boss from Shine 2 is more likely and I suspect that the two of them might be on the same team, so I would also vote Jimmy Hats today.

Also, I think Somber is way more likely to be scum here than Inf. The way Somber is pushing for an Inf lynch just comes across as sleezy. While I think he's commented on other people, he's been almost entirely focused on getting Inf lynched since Inf made his claim. I tend to think that when an experienced player ends up tunneling on someone they end up being scum more often than not. I would happily vote him today.

I'm a little suspicious of Kash but I'll wait until the Izz flip to make a real determination on him. Tobbs is being stupid as usual and while there's a chance he's scum, I think he's probably town here. I know Captain Foo has a shitload of posts, but I honestly can't remember him standing out to me which i think is a little weird. I'm going to have to reread him at some point. I'm not really concerned about Max at this time. I also have some vague bad feelings about Taste that I can't quite put my finger on right now.

I think that's about all from me for now. Everyone else is pretty much just background noise for me right now.

In closing, I'd just like to once again say: gently caress you dumb rear end shitposters. You are actively making this game unfun and hard to engage.

Interesting. Not demeaning your opinion, which is valid, but I'd love to share why I'm enjoying this game, with the hope of putting you in a mindset to take what I am taking from this game. I just finished a Podima game with mainly new people that, while fun, wasn't really that fun for me, I've run a stripped down Mafia game for about 9 years, and after playing that Podima game I was like "Why does anyone play my game, this isn't that fun. I'm genuinely shocked I've been able to run a game for 9 years that has wayyyyy less cool stuff in it."

But this game has been a relief in how much I've enjoyed it: Most people seem to be able to switch between being strategeous and being funny/zany... the emotional people I'm finding delightfully passionate... and the weird gambits i'm finding to be interesting. I love the casual nature of all the posters in this game has really been a breath of fresh air. I can't quite think of a single post I'd find "shitposting," which I consider to be "just posting to gum up the works," Whenever someone posts something that I've felt was "stupid," they've been ragged on by like 10 posters, which makes me feel good. I've enjoyed that nearly every single post seems to be of a directive nature: Either to solve the mystery, to make people laugh, or to get a rise out of people with mischievous misdirection (which earns a deserved bit of ire from the group).

Again, I don't mean this to be a rebuttal: Your opinion is certainly valid, and I see how someone else with different experiences could find these threads tortuous. I'm just hoping to show you why I'm loving this so much, it might be my favorite activity in my life right now, so that maybe you can enjoy this game more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And on that note, what role would a scum roleblocker claim if under pressure?

Town-aligned jailor.

He claimed without pressure tho

Here's the deal. I'm really in love with my crackpot theory that mmt and infinitum are scum and he jailed her so she could nk without being interrupted but I acknowledge that it's pretty far from the simplest and prob best explanation. Are you around jhats?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

Inf is stupid and shitposts a lot, but I really agree with Max that I don't think he comes out and claims Jailer on D1 to try and save himself as scum. Not to mention he then comes out at the start of D2 by announcing his jail target and trying to lynch her, especially since there were 3 kills during the night. I mean it's not too scummy to be scum, it's just too loving stupid to be scum. The way Somber has pushed and pushed for Inf to be lynch because he's a jailer just feels completely wrong.

Oh yeah, maybe he is a follower, his posts all run together and I think he's also said he's a rolecop at some point. And no, it doesn't actually change my case. He's still stupid as a gently caress for announcing it right away and ultimately he's just bouncing his vote around looking for anyone with traction. He's scummy as gently caress and nobody is even blinking at him because it's all gets dismissed as 'Oh that's just chores.' Also, the way he defends Jimmy Hats is really suspect in my opinion. The whole 'It's just an eccocop!' just rings like he has inside information to me and is trying to deflect attention away from Jimmy.

At the end of the day I am likely to be voting for one of Chores, Jimmy Hats or Somber

I agree with all this, except I don't think infi shitposts. I think he genuinely believes what he is saying, then gets extremely defensive... which I have chosen to find amusing. Like you said "too stupid to be scum." No offense infi, I find the genuineness of what you say to be endearing... but I do think your posts show a bit too much lack of concern for correct town play and focus on getting abrasive on how people try to correct you.

But I have come to expect that... I asked my friends who play my game for advice when jumping into these last two (my first two) mafia games, and the overwhelming input was "never underestimate how bad you will think another player will play. You might think `there's no way anyone could play that detrimentally,' but that is wrong."

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

The way Somber has pushed and pushed for Inf to be lynch because he's a jailer just feels completely wrong.

i get that it's a lot to read but holy poo poo this is wrong. i don't know how clearer it could be.

infinitum had a huge blowup to the slightest amount of pressure initially. he almost immediately claims that i'm rolefishing him.

the best possible interpretation of his defense today could be summarized by 'i'm a jailor and i'll flip town, so watch out.'

the case he's tried to maintain today is full of contradictions. he claims i just hopped the the vote leader bandwagon yesterday. oh wait, who was the vote leader? it was infinitum based on my case. my early posting against him? 'drumming up conversation to connect dots that aren't there. that makes you scum.' That is only barely an exaggeration. he claims that i am tunneling him when he is the one who invoked thunderdome and then later abandoned it once he started losing. gently caress!

later he admits he's just trying to get players to claim, so he has more information to work with. read back to that second sentence!

gently caress whatever this is stupid. you suck, surprising no one!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

"never underestimate how bad you will think another player will play. You might think `there's no way anyone could play that detrimentally,' but that is wrong."

Mafia edit: "Never underestimate how poorly you think another player could possibly play"

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
As a town aligned player who has already given up a ton of info can you please plainly and clearly describe your role, flavor and your goal. What do you think voodoo is/does? Who are your biggest targets? What is your read of this game? Who would you prefer to lynch?

If you have already said please just say it again in a simple easy format as if to a child

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Drunk Nerds posted:

I agree with all this, except I don't think infi shitposts. I think he genuinely believes what he is saying, then gets extremely defensive... which I have chosen to find amusing. Like you said "too stupid to be scum." No offense infi, I find the genuineness of what you say to be endearing... but I do think your posts show a bit too much lack of concern for correct town play and focus on getting abrasive on how people try to correct you.

But I have come to expect that... I asked my friends who play my game for advice when jumping into these last two (my first two) mafia games, and the overwhelming input was "never underestimate how bad you will think another player will play. You might think `there's no way anyone could play that detrimentally,' but that is wrong."

nooooo there are plenty of bad town in this game but infinite is not one of them. he would have to be willfully obtuse to be this consistently wrong. if he were ever willing to engage me, like actually talk mafia and look at what i'm saying and respond honestly, i wouldn't be nearly so sure. but he's not, his posting is full of inconsistencies and when you point this out you are scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata posted:

As a town aligned player who has already given up a ton of info can you please plainly and clearly describe your role, flavor and your goal. What do you think voodoo is/does? Who are your biggest targets? What is your read of this game? Who would you prefer to lynch?

If you have already said please just say it again in a simple easy format as if to a child

This was for jhats if it wasn't clear enough my bad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

He claimed without pressure tho

Here's the deal. I'm really in love with my crackpot theory that mmt and infinitum are scum and he jailed her so she could nk without being interrupted but I acknowledge that it's pretty far from the simplest and prob best explanation. Are you around jhats?

Didn't he have like 10 or so votes on him? He was far and away the vote lead when he claimed.

Anywho, I can see ##freeze being a roleblock and not a jail, though that's a flavor argument.

My point is without him being confirmed as preventing a kill, all we know is that he roleblocked MMT N1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Didn't he have like 10 or so votes on him? He was far and away the vote lead when he claimed.

Anywho, I can see ##freeze being a roleblock and not a jail, though that's a flavor argument.

My point is without him being confirmed as preventing a kill, all we know is that he roleblocked MMT N1.

i hadn't really considered the idea that infinitum isn't a jailor but how does freezing someone protect them?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i've always liked drunk nerds :3

lets test the inf claim if ppl think this is a key issue for who to lynch.

inf do me a solid and post the following:

"i am a jailer and have no other role and i jailed mmt night 1"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

nooooo there are plenty of bad town in this game but infinite is not one of them. he would have to be willfully obtuse to be this consistently wrong. if he were ever willing to engage me, like actually talk mafia and look at what i'm saying and respond honestly, i wouldn't be nearly so sure. but he's not, his posting is full of inconsistencies and when you point this out you are scum.

First of all, I'd like to apologize to infi for quoting "too stupid." You're not stupid, in my opinion, you're just really invested in an emotionally charged game, which is more than understandable.

Second, Somberoro, I'm not backing off my post that said I'll vote off infi if I'm needed to. I'm just trying to make people who might not be enjoying this game as much as me see what I'm seeing, because I am having a lot of fun.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i think infi might still be town cuz it does seem like typical infi garbage town play but i dont care if he flips and then i get to watch somber backpedal tmrw which will be dope

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

First of all, I'd like to apologize to infi for quoting "too stupid." You're not stupid, in my opinion, you're just really invested in an emotionally charged game, which is more than understandable.

Second, Somberoro, I'm not backing off my post that said I'll vote off infi if I'm needed to. I'm just trying to make people who might not be enjoying this game as much as me see what I'm seeing, because I am having a lot of fun.

actually it is impossible to have fun in mafia

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

Please do not waste a lie detector on this if you have it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Atomic Soda posted:

oh man if you have a lie detector would that pick up a night kill?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

instead use your lie detector on this

i, got some chores tonight, am TOWN!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

got some chores tonight posted:

actually it is impossible to have fun in mafia

Fun blocker is the worst role

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

got some chores tonight posted:

i think infi might still be town cuz it does seem like typical infi garbage town play but i dont care if he flips and then i get to watch somber backpedal tmrw which will be dope

imagine me tugging very hard on my collar "oh uh yiiikes hmm uh hamina hamina hatchi matchi this is a spiiiicy ameatball!"

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Please do not waste a lie detector on this if you have it

dammit moat you are not the boss of me let inf answer teh question

Somberbrero posted:

oh man if you have a lie detector would that pick up a night kill?

pls explain

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Interesting. Not demeaning your opinion, which is valid, but I'd love to share why I'm enjoying this game, with the hope of putting you in a mindset to take what I am taking from this game. I just finished a Podima game with mainly new people that, while fun, wasn't really that fun for me, I've run a stripped down Mafia game for about 9 years, and after playing that Podima game I was like "Why does anyone play my game, this isn't that fun. I'm genuinely shocked I've been able to run a game for 9 years that has wayyyyy less cool stuff in it."

But this game has been a relief in how much I've enjoyed it: Most people seem to be able to switch between being strategeous and being funny/zany... the emotional people I'm finding delightfully passionate... and the weird gambits i'm finding to be interesting. I love the casual nature of all the posters in this game has really been a breath of fresh air. I can't quite think of a single post I'd find "shitposting," which I consider to be "just posting to gum up the works," Whenever someone posts something that I've felt was "stupid," they've been ragged on by like 10 posters, which makes me feel good. I've enjoyed that nearly every single post seems to be of a directive nature: Either to solve the mystery, to make people laugh, or to get a rise out of people with mischievous misdirection (which earns a deserved bit of ire from the group).

Again, I don't mean this to be a rebuttal: Your opinion is certainly valid, and I see how someone else with different experiences could find these threads tortuous. I'm just hoping to show you why I'm loving this so much, it might be my favorite activity in my life right now, so that maybe you can enjoy this game more.

This is a great post. You are to adorable for this world and I hope you never leave.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

dammit moat you are not the boss of me let inf answer teh question

pls explain

God no poor sweet AS your time in this world was so short I will leave a ham sandwich by your grave once a week

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
are you going to murder me moat?

##vote moat

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

imagine me tugging very hard on my collar "oh uh yiiikes hmm uh hamina hamina hatchi matchi this is a spiiiicy ameatball!"

now this is gonna be fun (basketball ref no one will get)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

are you going to murder me moat?

##vote moat

No scum can't let lie detectors live it's a sad fact I found out the first time I was one and used it in a similar fashion

:smith:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
dangnabbit moat shh let inf answer the question

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Atomic Soda posted:

dangnabbit moat shh let inf answer the question

OH I know this trick, here let me help:

Infi is a jailer and has no other role and infi jailed mmt night 1

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda posted:

dangnabbit drunk nerds shh let inf answer the question

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Atomic Soda posted:

Uh, AS, I think most of us are satisfied with that one. And it won't stop people from wanting to cuddle him.

You should lie detect Jimmy instead.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hello friends, I'm on break and enjoying some coffee, no time to reread until tonight, but in light of recent discussion:

I recently returned to mafia (though I think I never played on sa actually?) and p. much agree with everything drunk nerds said.

I'm fairly certain inf has been in all the games I've played, always town, and always claimed early. I believed him, but I I'm not as certain about his jailor claim. The push to confirm himself with mmt's flavor didn't feel the same as the previous games. Admittedly I might simply not have enough games with inf under my belt, and also because inf died early, but coming right off the last few games it seems scummy

Inf and somber both have posted things I feel are scummy but as I am doubting inf's claim a bit, I tentatively will keep my vote where it is pending a reread of chores and jimmy tonight. also I think speculating on what role chores has is irrelevant because he claims all roles every game, especially cop

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
EVERYONE LETS TELL AS WHAT TO DO

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
goddamit when i get home im going to be very short with a number of u

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

hello friends, I'm on break and enjoying some coffee, no time to reread until tonight, but in light of recent discussion:

I recently returned to mafia (though I think I never played on sa actually?) and p. much agree with everything drunk nerds said.

I'm fairly certain inf has been in all the games I've played, always town, and always claimed early. I believed him, but I I'm not as certain about his jailor claim. The push to confirm himself with mmt's flavor didn't feel the same as the previous games. Admittedly I might simply not have enough games with inf under my belt, and also because inf died early, but coming right off the last few games it seems scummy

Inf and somber both have posted things I feel are scummy but as I am doubting inf's claim a bit, I tentatively will keep my vote where it is pending a reread of chores and jimmy tonight. also I think speculating on what role chores has is irrelevant because he claims all roles every game, especially cop

I agree w/ this post. My immediate reaction was this is town inf being inf doing inf things ha ha

However as time goes by I am slowly doubting more and more.

It feels like we lynched izz two weeks ago

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

i am a jailer and have no other role and i jailed mmt night 1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm happy to answer questions, but I do not see how you expect me to argue against these votes as I've fully claimed everything and I've got nothing to hide.

Nothing about my story will change here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also happy to phrase a potential lie detector test however you want it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote inf

I just want this long rear end day to end.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thankyou inf

i do not have a lie detector you silly billies everyone else gets to pull their gambit dammit but not atomic soda nooo

*sulks*

King Burgundy posted:

Uh, AS, I think most of us are satisfied with that one. And it won't stop people from wanting to cuddle him.

You should lie detect Jimmy instead.

uh kb tobbs and somber were both wondering about infs role and i don't think its confirmed either (though i'm more convinced after his post). why did you think jimmy was the better target?

##vote somber

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote inf

You're fairly good at adding nothing to the conversation and ONLY voting for the current top candidate as well :nyoron:

Also getting now confirmed-town player Mr F to full claim with a lovely gambit push :nyoron:

So if I had to call out a player for the shittiest ME2 :effort: vote, it would be this one

And guess what? I'm calling you out.

Mini-case time. All of CPig's votes in order

quote:

First vote - As I am emerging as vote leader because of my "There's probably 4-5 factions" post

CapitalistPig posted:

meh good enough for me.

##vote inf

Second vote - Running a lovely gambit on Mr F.

CapitalistPig posted:

I lie detected this post and its a lie

##vote mags

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not kidding

Third vote and fourth votes - After realising the gambit fell apart 'pushes' for a no lynch that noone agrees with him on. The second no lynch being on D2.

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote no lynch

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote no lynch

5th vote - Again a drop in no-content vote on the current vote leader

6th vote - And another

7th vote - Pushes for a no lynch again

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm with taste. We got a scum so ##vote no lynch

8th vote - Again pushes current vote leader with a drop-in ME2 vote

CapitalistPig posted:

Fair enough.

##vote inf

9th vote - And again

CapitalistPig posted:

Wait.... Is somber actually a lyncher?

It would kind of make sense.

##vote somber

10th vote - Again

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah ok i trust chores

##vote kash

11th vote - Again

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote inf

----------------------------------------------------

Admitting he's not reading the thread. I've called players out for poo poo like this in the past and they are almost always scum. Town players will show a willingness to go over mountains of info to find potential scum slips. Players that skip poo poo aren't engaging with the game. So at the very least this is non-town play.

CapitalistPig posted:

Every time i look at this game there are 300 more posts i am not going to read.

CapitalistPig posted:

idk because i'm not reading like 400 missed posts, I am assuming inf still.

CapitalistPig posted:

it is day 1 in a 33 player game where every time i look back at the thread there is 100+ missed posts. so yes, apathy is my feelings currently about this game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran a lovely gambit that ended with Mr F having a meltdown and posting his role PM (like an idiot), but when the lie was revealed states that he was apparently generating content for "us" to scumhunt, rather than "we" to scumhunt

CapitalistPig posted:

You guys should actually be thanking me for all those great reactions you can use to scumhunt.

CPig is the poster child of low effort ME2 drop-in votes with 0 explanation and has produced 0 cases or opinions of his own.
Feel free to check his post history for more 'context'

##vote CPig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
not changing my vote

thunderdome more like thunderdumb

• Locked thread