Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
New bike released today: LLC Sanctus. Coolest bike in the game, fast but not as fast as the Drag.

Price before upgrades: $1,995,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I played last long before Heists were a thing, and have mostly been doing MC stuff with friends since I started again. Can someone explain to me why the host of the Pacific Standard heist kept blowing up the motorcycles?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

marshmallow creep posted:

So I played last long before Heists were a thing, and have mostly been doing MC stuff with friends since I started again. Can someone explain to me why the host of the Pacific Standard heist kept blowing up the motorcycles?

So he could go into his garage & take out his kuruma. Standard for the pacstan finale.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

So he could go into his garage & take out his kuruma. Standard for the pacstan finale.

If you've never done it on the bikes before, you should try it though. It is a good bit of fun. If the guy with money is a decent driver you can still finish with no money lost.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Perhaps he should explain that sort of thing, because one of the other guys quit after he blew up the bikes.

I ended up holding half the money during the mission; how do you not get clipped by gunfire leaving the bank? Stay in a huddle? Wait until guys without money kill absolutely everything that lives?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The guys without bags should take the lead, but you need to keep moving or the police will start flanking you.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

HiriseSoftware posted:

I played for the first time in months last night (PC - HowitzerExpGuy) and was called a sociopath for bombing some guy's car after waiting for him to come out of LSC. He said he spent $50K on customizations but somehow failed to insure the vehicle. Am I still playing the game correctly?

On one hand, the first thing you do in a stolen vehicle is take it to your garage for a tracker then buy insurance. On the other hand people lurking outside shops, safe houses and the like to ambush people are utter douche canoes.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Anime_Otaku posted:

On one hand, the first thing you do in a stolen vehicle is take it to your garage for a tracker then buy insurance. On the other hand people lurking outside shops, safe houses and the like to ambush people are utter douche canoes.

You have it backwards. The people who wait to torment people are the fun people and the ones who get bent out of shape when it happens are "douche canoes." Good on you for trying though.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

subx posted:

If you've never done it on the bikes before, you should try it though. It is a good bit of fun. If the guy with money is a decent driver you can still finish with no money lost.

I was just thinking of you last night, subx! You should come back :)

The last time I ever did the bikes (nobody wants to do it, these days!) was during the days with you and johnnyonoes

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Perhaps he should explain that sort of thing, because one of the other guys quit after he blew up the bikes.

I ended up holding half the money during the mission; how do you not get clipped by gunfire leaving the bank? Stay in a huddle? Wait until guys without money kill absolutely everything that lives?

This strategy goes with the kuruma thing. Anyone holding money stays in the bank. Once the intersection is cleared of police, the money holders can step outside to trigger the waypoint to prevent it from timing out the mission. They then go back in to hang out and kill the stray cops that might enter the bank and get in the kuruma once that crew has blown up the bikes and retrieved the car.

This method gives the getaway team a bulletproof car so that you don't lose money from the sheer amount of cops shooting at you.

The alternative is to not suck and take the bikes and not suck because if you're quick and on-point, the game will not spawn any cops to shoot at you and all you have to do is drive the checkpoints.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm game for heist shenanigans. I'm broke on the PC version and I wanna do motorcycle stuff.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

You don't leave the bank. You send one or two people to the bikes along the checkpoints. The person or persons with the cash just step outside the bank to trigger that waypoint after everything right outside is dead then go back in the bank and wait there. The lead guys go down the alley, follow the path and get to the bikes, destroy them then commit suicide which causes a retry, and the retry starts at the checkpoint standing next to the bikes for all four players and the cash carriers then never had to expose themselves/himself to harm.

It also works best if only one player takes all the cash so the other three can go gently caress poo poo up without worrying about losing cash.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Anime_Otaku posted:

*buzzer noise*

I'm sorry someone killed you in GTA:O, once.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Agoat posted:

I'm game for heist shenanigans. I'm broke on the PC version and I wanna do motorcycle stuff.

I'm down for heist stuff, I think I'm part way through the first heist, that's the prison one right?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

are they gonna release the halloween cars again this year?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Marzzle posted:

Supposedly, yes.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Marzzle posted:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52681/halloween-in-gta-online-new-sanctus-motorcycle-t-shirt-

This newswire post says that they are available again. You also get a free T-shirt for spending 2 million bux on the new motorcycle.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I don't have 2 million. Will this bike be available ongoing or is it a Halloween exclusive too?

Also, I keep getting mission spam on the Xbox One for missions that promise "$$$$$$$$$$$" or "1 million RP". Are those things that could get my account zeroed out?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
No they're just stupid deathmatch modes where all but one player are stuck in a cage and then one guy has s tank or something

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Luna Was Here posted:

No they're just stupid deathmatch modes where all but one player are stuck in a cage and then one guy has s tank or something

I'm kind of curious if this is also why some of the annoying brag-about-their-ratio pubbies have K/D ratios above 2.5. Aside from hiding in passive mode when their hydra/lazer gets shot down by PoundCoin (RIP) and potential modding/hacking.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Zigmidge posted:

I was just thinking of you last night, subx! You should come back :)

The last time I ever did the bikes (nobody wants to do it, these days!) was during the days with you and johnnyonoes

Probably will, between Overwatch and it being summer and doing RC flying I haven't really had time to play much else. I'll try and play a bit this weekend.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've only tried actually using the bikes in Pac Standard a few times but every time was a swarm of insane cops trying to ram me.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

I've only tried actually using the bikes in Pac Standard a few times but every time was a swarm of insane cops trying to ram me.

The event is scripted and if you "follow the script" (follow the path presented exactly) there is only like two spots where you get shot at, and both times you can just have a lead motorcycle that takes them out before the money runner gets there. All you have to do is dodge a few cars, and I do actually mean just a few.

If you take a different route, or the party gets too spread out, cops will be everywhere.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
And don't get popped off the bike - stay on it even at the expense of moving at full speed forward. Having to stop and get back on will mean regular shoot-at-you cops spawn and it's a bad spiral from there.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
How do I get back to freeroam from an adversary game mode before it ends naturally? I checked every menu and there's only the options to leave GTA online entirely. (doesn't help that getting killed closes the menu)

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Slashrat posted:

How do I get back to freeroam from an adversary game mode before it ends naturally? I checked every menu and there's only the options to leave GTA online entirely. (doesn't help that getting killed closes the menu)

Phone menu -> Jobs -> Blue trash can button (space on kb, X on xbox controller, I dunno on PS they might even change the color) -> confirm -> You're free!

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
Putting a sticky bomb on the front bumper of my insurgent is my new favourite thing.

:allears:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh cool, no level requirements for the 6x6.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

mutata posted:

Oh cool, no level requirements for the 6x6.

wait mutata you still haven't hit rank 100 yet?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm finally back for a while so I'm looking forward to fun times with fun PS4 goons.

loving :lol:.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

coupedeville posted:

wait mutata you still haven't hit rank 100 yet?

I rarely do missions. :( Most of the time when I play, I just putter around the lobby shooting people which doesn't really translate to levels.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The Sanctus is stupid.

Stupid awesome. :c00l:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is it lurking if you just put down a prox mine and move on?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

I'm kind of curious if this is also why some of the annoying brag-about-their-ratio pubbies have K/D ratios above 2.5. Aside from hiding in passive mode when their hydra/lazer gets shot down by PoundCoin (RIP) and potential modding/hacking.

It's entirely possible to have a 2.5 k/d just by murdering people in free roam.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Or killing other goons in between heist setups.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

One of my friends raised his k/d from about 1.5 to about 2.5 in just a few months by mostly just sniping people.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Anyone with a k/d ratio over 1 takes this game too seriously.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Everybody knows the only thing that matters in this game is your racing win/loss ratio because a win usually means 5-30 other people lost, and with 450 wins and 438 losses, i'm at 1.03 which is acceptable.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

Anyone with a k/d ratio over 1 takes this game too seriously.

I have like a 1.6 because i ran over a bunch of people on the xbox 360 when pubbies were still trying to figure out the controls, and before God damned homing rocket launchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Powershift posted:

with 450 wins and 438 losses, i'm at 1.03 which is acceptable.

Actually that's .51 really. Which is still quite good!

• Locked thread