Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
All this Walgreens talk got me curious. Sure enough while every other store was languishing in wave 1 hell, I picked up Brainstorm and Chromedome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

All this Walgreens talk got me curious. Sure enough while every other store was languishing in wave 1 hell, I picked up Brainstorm and Chromedome.
:hfive: Brainstorm buddy!

I went on a total whim. Wife needed to pick up something and I of course tagged along. This particular Walgreens only had 2 Brainstorms, no other deluxes. Pretty pumped to open him up in a bit.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

DoctorWhat posted:

The website lied to me!

Speaking from experience: NEVER trust the website when they say something is in store for any retailer. Call to confirm because they almost always lie.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The two Walgreenses near me are always behind on the waves.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So I'm not gonna have money for any masterpieces any time soon ever.
So i'm quite content with stuff that looks good on the shelf, and occassionally gets transformed or posed.

Does anyone know what KO this is, and if it's just awful, or if it's passable?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351776603687

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hear it's flimsy garbage, if its the same one i looked at a while back.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
If you want a Soundwave, get the TR Leader.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The stock checker on Walgreens.com checks the SKU which is the same on Brainstorm and all of TR wave 2 so the "2-5" at your nearby store is more likely composed of random deluxes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

You monster. Who else is going to look after Grimlock?

Literally anyone so long as it's not the Scavengers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Literally anyone so long as it's not the Scavengers.

You're a terrible person.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So are the Scavengers.

Eyooooo.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wait a minute it's really been Ten Years?

... :corsair:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Carnifex's shoulders are a nightmare to transform, and his backpack slider locks in so tight it feels like I'm about to break something.

Looks real good though.

That is all.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

A good poster posted:

It's supposed to be pre-heel-turn Miles Mayhem, who was the inventor of the MASK technology. He's still really evil, but no one seems to notice yet.

To be fair I think people are trying to determine if he's just an evil son of a bitch or an evil alien who's taken his form.

The short of Revolution is - Shape changing aliens infiltrate humanity, replace dudes like Joe Coulton. ROM is there to kill them all, which makes the crazy rear end Joe's think that the Autobots are waging war on humanity, leading to poo poo like MASK. Meanwhile Action Man is running around just happy to be doing stuff. Also there's things going on with the Micronauts I guess but I don't particularly care it seems very disconnected with literally everyone else.

Next Issue has Snake-Eyes infiltrate Autobot City.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But where do the PONIES fit into this

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rhyno posted:

But where do the PONIES fit into this

Them and Jem are being left out of this, at least for now, which sucks cause the latter could be integrated easily into this, just look at any entry in the Macross franchise

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

Them and Jem are being left out of this, at least for now, which sucks cause the latter could be integrated easily into this, just look at any entry in the Macross franchise

Synergy is clearly derived from Cybertronian technology.

And the Ponies are clearly the same race as the Dire Wraiths.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Carnifex's shoulders are a nightmare to transform, and his backpack slider locks in so tight it feels like I'm about to break something.

Looks real good though.

That is all.

This is the clearest demonstration of how to do the shoulders I've found.

The instructions are basically zero help.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

oh, hey, there are compartements on Wolfwire's arms for his fists. Who reads instructions, anyway. That gave him a cleaner look, but man, standing him in wolf mode is still weird. Eyeballing getting his paws all level in mid-air does not work for me.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

DoctorWhat posted:

If you want a Soundwave, get the TR Leader.

That's what I've done, thanks to the doctor's heads-up earlier. G1 style is nice but a modern high-plausibility toy is always much better.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peaugh has reviews of TR Optimus and Megatron up. Megs is the better of the two, but those stickers look to be problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFg0ZmYUT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMu2wA-4w4o

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 29, 2016

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That Megatron looks like poopy butts and that Optimus does too

I'll stick with my CW Megatron and continue to not have a good Optimus I guess.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Yup, gotta pull out the cones and make sure the C is facing the back so the points go in the little cups. Once you know that it's easy but the instructions just go "fold up his shoulders against his body, dummy" and it's 100% impossible to do without pulling out the cones.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Looks real good though.

That is all.

For the backpack I found opening it all up as if transforming them into the wings made it possible because otherwise I'm pretty sure the teeth in the wings locks it into place.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sockser posted:

That Megatron looks like poopy butts and that Optimus does too

I'll stick with my CW Megatron and continue to not have a good Optimus I guess.
They're both pretools for other figures more suited to the molds, not sure what you expect.

Optimus looks pretty good with the Orion Pax head off PMOP though. Frankly if you ignore the jet mode he's pretty effective at the other two.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Since the first pics of those two came out I decided to wait for the not Ops and Megs versions of the molds. LIke mentioned earlier CW Leader Megs is good and I'll probably see if I can find PM Prime at a good price.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The MSJ posted:

Peaugh has reviews of TR Optimus and Megatron up. Megs is the better of the two, but those stickers look to be problems.

I like them. The plane mode on Optimus is rear end but that's been apparent from its reveal anyways. And I love the engineering on Megatron's arms.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I eventually got them transformed before I read and saw this, but it would have saved me a good half-hour to have seen this beforehand, thanks!

EthanSteele posted:

Yup, gotta pull out the cones and make sure the C is facing the back so the points go in the little cups. Once you know that it's easy but the instructions just go "fold up his shoulders against his body, dummy" and it's 100% impossible to do without pulling out the cones.

For the backpack I found opening it all up as if transforming them into the wings made it possible because otherwise I'm pretty sure the teeth in the wings locks it into place.

I think you're right about those wings!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus posted:

Alrighty. He also has them with the packaging for 30 cents more, might as well just grab those instead.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222218190829
These arrived today. I wish I had a real one to compare it to to see if they're the same exact quality, but they seem to be totally official. Build quality is great, transformation is perfect, detailing is spot on and unmarred, packaging is perfect and exactly the same as the real thing on other similar figures. So if you're looking for Legends Shockwave, better grab him fast before they sell out!

He also has the Wei Jiang OS Throttlebots for 12 bucks each, I bought a second set to have in car mode next to the bot modes because that is just stupidly cheap for such great toys. You should 100% buy these if you have not yet, they're a joy to play with, they're voyager-sized, both the car and robot modes are fantastic, and they're TWELVE DOLLARS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIJIANG-ov...l0AAOSwzaJX~LjQ

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFg0ZmYUT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMu2wA-4w4o

For Octane and Blitzwing, those look great!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm gonna get Megatron because he feels way more MTMTE than the CW Leader and because I already have a Blitzwing I like who isn't a Headmaster. May or may not pass on Optimus but will probs get Octane.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I hope they release TR Optimus as Black Convoy/Scourge.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope they never release a Scourge anything again, now that superior Shattered Glass paint scheme is available for repaints

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm gonna get Megatron because he feels way more MTMTE than the CW Leader
If you're really worried about a MTMTE Megatron save a dollar a day for the perfect one

Note: Rumor has it his altmode is a pile of misshapen parts

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 29, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think the sum total of my 3P collection are some CW upgrades from PE and Nonnef, some 3D-printed stuff, the Assault Force X Reflector, and some KFC hands. MMC (I assume) MTMTEtron looks great, he does, but that would entail buying into an (expensive!) ecosystem I've mostly avoided thus far.

Plus he wouldn't look right. I don't need comics-accuracy (beyond headsculpts) as much as I need a cohesive aesthetic.

I do really like RMX Jaguar, though, I need to save for him...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

I think the sum total of my 3P collection are some CW upgrades from PE and Nonnef, some 3D-printed stuff, the Assault Force X Reflector, and some KFC hands. MMC (I assume) MTMTEtron looks great, he does, but that would entail buying into an (expensive!) ecosystem I've mostly avoided thus far.

Plus he wouldn't look right. I don't need comics-accuracy (beyond headsculpts) as much as I need a cohesive aesthetic.

I do really like RMX Jaguar, though, I need to save for him...

you should buy dem throttlebots I just linked up there. imo. for sure.

they're just wonderful.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Rhyno posted:

Synergy is clearly derived from Cybertronian technology.

And the Ponies are clearly the same race as the Dire Wraiths.

Jem would fit I guess. MLP even Dougworld one does not.

Where the gently caress are Inhumanoids and Starriors though? MTME Megs vs NOT CTHULHUS needs to happen. And Earth Core armor is totally stolen S.N.A.K.E. armor...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Do they still combine?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

Do they still combine?

The throttlebots? You bet they do! The Wei Jiang torso comes with all the combiner bits, it's not out yet though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Captain Rufus posted:

Jem would fit I guess. MLP even Dougworld one does not.

Where the gently caress are Inhumanoids and Starriors though? MTME Megs vs NOT CTHULHUS needs to happen. And Earth Core armor is totally stolen S.N.A.K.E. armor...

Personally, I rather they kept Jem and co as far away from this clusterfuck as possible. It would just mean less time spent on Pizzazz, who is The Best. Plus I wouldn't want D'Compose anywhere near them, *that* scene scarred me for life, maaaan.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I really like the transformations on the wave 3 stuff, they'll be fantastic as Blitzwing and Octankor. The 3 legends class guys are all super neat too (Peaugh also uploaded them recently).

Is IDW Megatron's cannon as gigantic in-comic as that MMC figure? He usually doesn't wear it as an autobot so...

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

The throttlebots? You bet they do! The Wei Jiang torso comes with all the combiner bits, it's not out yet though.

Jeep grills, Jeep grills everywhere.