Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

What are some other sonic mysteries/urban legends that Sonic Mania will undoubtedly put to rest?

1. We will at last see the triumphant return of Mighty the Amarillo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Playable Asura confirmed

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Project 2017 to feature a brand new character

Let's get that pangolin representation in there

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I hope Wood Zone gets something!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

They probably mean a new playable character for the third kind of gameplay after Classic and Modern.... Sonic Boom Sonic.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It will be Future Sonic, extrapolated from design changes since his debut to predict what he will look like in 30 years and how his games will play

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

1. We will at last see the triumphant return of Mighty the Amarillo.

Mighty the Armadillo is red.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It says there'll be a third gameplay type besides classic and modern, so I'm pinning my mast to the good ship Boom Sonic With Adventure Gameplay.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
A third play game style you say? I hope you like Billiards, wait where are you going? Don't you DARE turn your back on me!

Ronnie fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 28, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
didn't have much of a problem with silver's billiards myself, i hated the bullshit autorun sonic stuff way more.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's going to be Sonic Heroes 2

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't give a poo poo about the 3D sonic game because sonic mania is all I've wanted for over 20 years.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

It's going to be Sonic Heroes 2

I liked sonic heroes the only problem i had was the copy paste stage design and the waaay too much chatter that repeats on every level attempt

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Xad posted:

I'm just amazed that they're making a level based on an unfinished Sonic 2 level that was also an unfinished Sonic CD level. That is several levels of Sonic prototype nerdiness.

You say that... but now that it's out there I kinda feel silly for not seeing it coming a mile off!

One only has to look at the Sonic2 Hidden Palace for example.

I doubt there will be a 'Wood Zone' from S2 as well, but I wouldn't be surprised at a shout out. Less so with what ever the hell Genocide City was, but eh? Do we have any obscure Michael Jackson references yet in reference to the whole S3 debacle? I'm positive a Tails doll will be in the game, and I'm willing to bet it'll be an achievement. Ray the Squirrel in some form too. I mean how many people really know who the hell the 3 characters on the wanted posters in the new desert level are?

Paused fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 28, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Elfgames posted:

I liked sonic heroes the only problem i had was the copy paste stage design and the waaay too much chatter that repeats on every level attempt

same but I like the chatter

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Elfgames posted:

No the problem was that game was so busted on a technical level you had to pray to the programming gods to get through certain stages.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
^^^^^^^
The voice acting in Heroes was 100% bad bad bad creatively, technically and in implementation, but all those lines are burnt into my brain forever and I have a sort of nostalgia for them. It's like Stockholm nostalgia.

Look at all those Eggmans robots. Wheeeeeee.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It says there'll be a third gameplay type besides classic and modern, so I'm pinning my mast to the good ship Boom Sonic With Adventure Gameplay.
I'm sure it will be Boom Sonic because of the TV show still being a thing, but I have no idea what his gameplay would be like other than just a poo poo version of modern sonic? (that describes Adventure as well as Sonic Boom BTW.)

Maybe they'll bring back the Werehog and we'll have hours of stretchy arms brawling and the first 30 seconds of that jazz theme to pad the game out.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Mighty the Armadillo is red.

Haha, a spanish class I took in 5th grade has finally paid off :cheers:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

same but I like the chatter

chatter is good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i still think blaze would be perfect for a modern 3d sonic game

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
blaze should get remixed levels that take place in her dimension

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

wooooooooooow my head's spinning

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Paused posted:

You say that... but now that it's out there I kinda feel silly for not seeing it coming a mile off!

One only has to look at the Sonic2 Hidden Palace for example.

I doubt there will be a 'Wood Zone' from S2 as well, but I wouldn't be surprised at a shout out. Less so with what ever the hell Genocide City was, but eh? Do we have any obscure Michael Jackson references yet in reference to the whole S3 debacle? I'm positive a Tails doll will be in the game, and I'm willing to bet it'll be an achievement. Ray the Squirrel in some form too. I mean how many people really know who the hell the 3 characters on the wanted posters in the new desert level are?

Genocide City (later Cyber City before it got scrapped, which if anything is the name that would wind up being used) is what became Metropolis Act 3. The original intent was for it to be a standalone zone akin to Sky Chase and Wing Fortress.

And now that you mention Tails Doll I suddenly realize how much I want it and Metal Knuckles to show up as bosses, along with the boys on the saloon posters.

Mr Phillby posted:

I'm sure it will be Boom Sonic because of the TV show still being a thing, but I have no idea what his gameplay would be like other than just a poo poo version of modern sonic? (that describes Adventure as well as Sonic Boom BTW.)

Maybe they'll bring back the Werehog and we'll have hours of stretchy arms brawling and the first 30 seconds of that jazz theme to pad the game out.

Fire & Ice has a nice format with combo-based platforming where you can maximize air time with well placed homing attacks and tethering, they could work with that and maybe convert it to a 3D style.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

FanaticalMilk posted:

No the problem was that game was so busted on a technical level you had to pray to the programming gods to get through certain stages.

did you play it on a gamecube? cause i never had any problems the multiple times i played it

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Elfgames posted:

did you play it on a gamecube? cause i never had any problems the multiple times i played it

I played on Gamecube and made a silent prayer every time I went through a loop that I wouldn't fall through the floor

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mr Phillby posted:

Most of Sonic Boom on Wii U plays closer to the werehog or any other generic platform-action game than 3D boost-style Sonic.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ronnie posted:

A third play game style you say? I hope you like Billiards, wait where are you going? Don't you DARE turn your back on me!

Billiards no, but on the other hand, maybe we could have some fun playing a nice game of pinball.

Actually, it's just gonna be Knuckles. That way you have classic Sonic, modern Sonic, & Knuckles

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ronnie posted:

One of 06's lesser crimes was getting psychic powers and only being creative enough to use them to play with the crappy physics engine.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
in my sonic 06 remake, the story will be resolved much quicker when silver makes eggman's head explode, scanners style

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Elfgames posted:

Yes, after falling through a loop 13 times in a row I returned that POS game.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
never noticed it

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The PS2 and PC version never had such issues for me, maybe that's why I actually enjoyed Heroes.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

The PS2 and PC version never had such issues for me, maybe that's why I actually enjoyed Heroes.

i tried to play the xbox version and it was unbearable

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Never fallen through loops in Heroes but been hosed up changing rails plenty of times.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Frankston posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the 3D sonic game because sonic mania is all I've wanted for over 20 years.

my man.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Frankston posted:

This. We're finally getting sonic 4, essentially

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can Tee Lopes just go ahead and release the full soundtrack early because drat

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

And they add a cassette tape of the soundtrack to the CE

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

in my sonic 06 remake, the story will be resolved much quicker when silver makes eggman's head explode, scanners style

In my ideal, we'd see the canon timeline where Sonic passes through in two minutes and nothing else happens.

If we have to actually have a game, then we get this overwrought anime nonsense, but everyone has their Sonic Boom personalities and no one takes it seriously for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Elfgames posted:

SHAAA