Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
https://twitter.com/JackEvans711/status/786247647715659776

Ruh roh. Looks like the reckoning begins. (Really though, who wasn't expecting this?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jack Evans has been fired from AAA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I found a translated part of that interview he did, http://ligerfever.tumblr.com/post/152163898944/jack-evans-interviewed-by-alejandro-gim%E9nez-of

quote:

I maintained a close relationship with Konnan. I do not want to get into trouble, but this must be said… The company was 100 times better when he was the booker be honest. The television product is very bad without Konnan. AAA does not motivate it’s wrestlers. Sorry Dorian, you know I love you (laughs). Konnan was about to give me the Pentagon match for the ‘mask against hair’ but then it was it was canceled. That has been the story with AAA since. Things started and ended without really knowing why.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rey Fenix did an interview with Mas Lucha where he said that he did not no-show Triplemania but AAA never sent him plane tickets and returned his phone calls despite continuing to advertise him for the show. Since then they've done everything in their power to get him blackballed in Mexico from trying to use the commission to telling promotions not to book him. AAA sucks!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Rey Fenix did an interview with Mas Lucha where he said that he did not no-show Triplemania but AAA never sent him plane tickets and returned his phone calls despite continuing to advertise him for the show. Since then they've done everything in their power to get him blackballed in Mexico from trying to use the commission to telling promotions not to book him. AAA sucks!

Is Konnan completely out of power in AAA now? I'd assume so considering this turn of events. What's the name of that new promotion using Parka?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Konnan completely out of power in AAA now? I'd assume so considering this turn of events. What's the name of that new promotion using Parka?

afaik Konnan's completely done with AAA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rey fenix says LU is his favorite thing to do in wrestling but if AAA tries to play hardball and keep him out:

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/792100142836965377

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
The idea that they made it look like he was no-showing, then Dorian was chatting up his talents at the PaleyFest panel like a week later is pretty goddamned gross. The fact that he kept mum about it instead of immediately making GBS threads on AAA for not sending the tickets and making him look bad is some amazing character on his part. Makes me feel even worse for the wrestlers still in the promotion who aren't confident they'd be better off independent/don't know enough english to be secure working international gigs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Looks like Psicosis is winding down his career. He's gonna wrap up his AAA commitments, then he wants to wrestle Rey Mysterio 4 or 5 times before calling it a day. I hope PWG gives him a holler for one of those, that'd be amazing.

http://www.luchaworld.com/?p=68820

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

is there a stream for tonights cmll show?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

is there a stream for tonights cmll show?

http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thank you kindly

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

KatWithHands posted:

The idea that they made it look like he was no-showing, then Dorian was chatting up his talents at the PaleyFest panel like a week later is pretty goddamned gross. The fact that he kept mum about it instead of immediately making GBS threads on AAA for not sending the tickets and making him look bad is some amazing character on his part. Makes me feel even worse for the wrestlers still in the promotion who aren't confident they'd be better off independent/don't know enough english to be secure working international gigs.

Has Pentagon hinted at leaving AAA as well? I know it would be tougher for him to leave since AAA holds copyright over the Pentagon character. I also feel really bad for Hijo de Fantasma because he's been trying to get away from AAA since Konnan was ousted (maybe earlier).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

rey fenix says LU is his favorite thing to do in wrestling but if AAA tries to play hardball and keep him out:

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/792100142836965377

Man, AAA is just getting worse by the day. Hopefully LU has been distancing itself enough to be able to keep him. Sexy Star got on the outs with AAA and still worked LU, Jack Evans got fired by AAA a couple weeks ago but still worked last weekend's live event, and Fenix was mentioned as one of the talents for the live events in one of the promotional spots, so we'll see if he works San Diego or whatever. That may only just mean that things haven't come to a head yet, but LU losing Fenix would be bad enough, and if that branched out into losing Pentagon it'd be a loving disaster.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Has Pentagon hinted at leaving AAA as well? I know it would be tougher for him to leave since AAA holds copyright over the Pentagon character. I also feel really bad for Hijo de Fantasma because he's been trying to get away from AAA since Konnan was ousted (maybe earlier).

I mean, he could always just go be Hexagon or Dodecahedron or whatever, I suppose.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Suplex Liberace posted:

thank you kindly

thats the permanent stream URL for Friday night btw

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm late to this holiday show but man it's entertaining on lots of levels

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Not that I've read anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly why AAA has been throwing titles and choice events at the Lucha Underground guys lately. Hijo del Fantasma complained about his treatment (triggered by not being sent to Japan) but was publicly contrite, and lo and behold, got sent to Japan to replace Jack Evans when he went on record with his complaints. Feels like AAA's circling the wagons and trying to placate their most popular wrestlers.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Man, AAA is just getting worse by the day. Hopefully LU has been distancing itself enough to be able to keep him. Sexy Star got on the outs with AAA and still worked LU, Jack Evans got fired by AAA a couple weeks ago but still worked last weekend's live event, and Fenix was mentioned as one of the talents for the live events in one of the promotional spots, so we'll see if he works San Diego or whatever. That may only just mean that things haven't come to a head yet, but LU losing Fenix would be bad enough, and if that branched out into losing Pentagon it'd be a loving disaster.

Would Fenix be working San Diego anyway with his shoulder? I thought he was still out for a couple of weeks, so it might not even be a case of AAA freezing him out. He might still show up for the meet and greet though, that would be a good indicator.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

could be cost cutting because Konnan's made it sound like the financials are sketchy at best.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Does AAA own the Cero Miedo catchphrase? Pentagon could just go as Rey Cero Miedo or w/e

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

Would Fenix be working San Diego anyway with his shoulder? I thought he was still out for a couple of weeks, so it might not even be a case of AAA freezing him out. He might still show up for the meet and greet though, that would be a good indicator.

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot he was busted up right now. I don't know if they'd bother to bring him in just to meet and greet, they'll probably just use someone else.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What the hell happened to AAA? It felt like they had a lot of momentum in early 2015, with Mysterio in the fold and the LU guys catching on with American fans. Then TripleMania '15 was a disaster, Konnan got froze out of booking, a bunch of guys left and now they're firmly behind CMLL for the foreseeable future.

Is there any singular moment that led to this debacle, or just the culmination of small moments I mentioned above?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The AAA shadow government is preventing El Hijo del Fantasma from working USA indie shows near me imo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

What the hell happened to AAA? It felt like they had a lot of momentum in early 2015, with Mysterio in the fold and the LU guys catching on with American fans. Then TripleMania '15 was a disaster, Konnan got froze out of booking, a bunch of guys left and now they're firmly behind CMLL for the foreseeable future.

Is there any singular moment that led to this debacle, or just the culmination of small moments I mentioned above?

Perro dying certainly didn't help. Dave said at the time that losing him was a bigger blow than losing Cena would be to the WWE.

Some of the other poo poo like the creative problems and the unhappiness of some of the big signings like Myzteziz and Alberto probably would've happened anyway though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

nepotism, politics, and incompetence

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Benne posted:

Lucha Libre clap clap clapclapclap

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

If you believe Konnan, AAA is currently being run by the Mexican equivalent of Dixie Carter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has Konnan said much about how/why he got pushed out?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't know if he's gone over it on his English speaking podcast. He might've gone into it on his other podcast Boom! but it's entirely in Spanish.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Has Konnan said much about how/why he got pushed out?

He kind of went over it briefly on MLW Radio back in like May, when Bauer was out of AAA

The short of it is, he's not a fan of the current director of operations and how he's treated long time employees and talent. A lot of behind the scenes people were let go, and the entire situation with Octagon and naming Flamita Octagon Jr II pissed him off as well.

The director is the son of the owners, who took it over from the founder Antonio Pena after he died. (It's Pena's sister and her husband)

He also really hates what they did with Lucha Underground, where they basically signed a lot of upper card talent to LU deals with no input from them. So basically you have 2 cases of wrestlers in LU, those who did it indepdently of AAA like Ricochet, or those who AAA involuntarily signed up.

The ones like Ricochet didn't sign a full 7 season tv deal, and could get out when they felt like it.

The other ones, like El Hijo de Fantasma/King Cuerno are signed to deals where if they leave AAA, AAA pressures LU to keep the LU deal going. AAA has threatened to blacklist them in Mexico if they leave AAA, and with a LU contract still active, they can't appear on any sort of US TV wrestling (which means no WWE, ROH, or TNA). He really thought that was an absolute lovely way to treat your talent.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vince McMahon is literally the most reasonable promoter to work for in the world.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Is there a card for tonight? I miss those big bright promo ads that used to be posted

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's going to be 10:30 EDT instead of 9:30 as Mexico's already switched their clocks.

CMLL undercards are prob going to be pretty skippable for now as the lucha guys are saying that CMLL wants the people in those matches to do less.

In indie news, some company announced Caristico vs. Cavernario vs. Volador Jr. vs. Rey Fenix a couple days ago, but who knows if it'll actually happen as the facebook post is already down.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CMLL always puts up the next 3 Arena Mexico cards on

http://cmll.com/?p=2976

Note tonight will be wacky because Mexico City has a different DST schedule then the IS and will start at 10:30 Eastern

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob posted:

Is there a card for tonight? I miss those big bright promo ads that used to be posted

I can't find a bright big promo ad, but through cubsfan I found tonight's CMLL card on clarosports (should be http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/ like usual). The top three matches are a women's title match between Dalys and Marcela, an Atlantis/Dragon Lee/Mistico vs. Ephesto/Luciferno/Mephisto, and the main event is Marco Corleone, Maximo Sexy, and Volador Jr. vs. La Mascara, Pierroth, and Rush. I expect the usual nonsense from the undercard.

Edit: Wow I'm slow.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Thanks for the responses!

I'm fine with the later start time since I have to catch up on this week's LU and stuff anyways.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It me

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMaFTPaDghb/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hoopy birfday mob

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Super No Vacancy posted:

hoopy birfday mob

Thanks it's not til Sunday but Friday night is lucha night in this house got dang it and that's when we party

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a documentary on Netflix just recently added called Lucha Mexico, looks like Perro Jr. is a focus, I assume it's from a couple years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a documentary on Netflix just recently added called Lucha Mexico, looks like Perro Jr. is a focus, I assume it's from a couple years ago

It was talked about in this thread a bit ago I believe, it finally released in theaters this summer https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lucha_mexico/