Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bad Moon posted:

Tell that to all the Sith Ghosts who lived in my Sorcerer's head not to mention my Sith Lord Ghost Dad in ToR :colbert:

Those were legends, mate. You got to read the nuCanon for the gospel truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Covok posted:

Sith can't become force ghosts. *adjusts nerd glasses*

I don't care what Lucas says, Revan totally was The Son's favorite ghost advisor.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Funky Valentine posted:

I don't care what Lucas says, Revan totally was The Son's favorite ghost advisor.

Lucas didn't decide to throw out the chaff and make things like that Legends.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Reminder that there's no new episode today; don't be like me rushing to WatchDisneyXD craving a taste of Renegade Imperial Mandalorians Being Cool And Stuff, only to be met with bitter disappointment! :)

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

Reminder that there's no new episode today; don't be like me rushing to WatchDisneyXD craving a taste of Renegade Imperial Mandalorians Being Cool And Stuff, only to be met with bitter disappointment! :)
Came to the thread to see if anyone knew why the new episode wasn't up yet; met with bitter disappointment!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Summaries for some upcoming episodes :

3×07 “Imperial Supercommandos”

After losing contact to the Protectors of Concord Dawn, Sabine, Ezra and Fenn Rau investigate. They quickly discover that Imperial Mandalorians have taken over the station.

3×08 “Iron Squadron”

Ezra and Sabine join forces to subdue a young pilot ace and his crew, who are foolishly risking their lives. That is the only way they can defend their home.

3×09 “The Wynkahthu Job”

The Rebels join forces with ruthless pirates to salvage a freighter full of weapons the Rebellion needs. However, the mission turns out way more dangerous than they expected.

3×10 “An Inside Man”

Looking for information on a new Imperial weapon, Ezra and Kanan break into an Imperial factory on Lothal. However, they have to trust an enemy to escape from a building that is about to be locked down.

3×11 “Visions and Voices”

Haunted by visions of Maul, Ezra has to journey across the galaxy. Upon arriving at his destination, he has to participate in a strange ritual to sever his connection to Maul.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/detailed-synopses-titles-for-the-remainder-of-star-wars-rebels-season-3-1-episodes-7-11/

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

3 x 10 probably where they reveal kallus is new Fulcrum

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

3 x 09 is obviously the one with the Hondo "riches untold" quote from the trailer

Also it'd be great if 3 x 08 was the introduction of Porkins :haw:, but more Wedge would be ok too I guess

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So was it just me or did they feel like they setup romances between Kanaan and Hera and Ezra and Sabine?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

So was it just me or did they feel like they setup romances between Kanaan and Hera and Ezra and Sabine?

I thought it's been fairly obvious since the first episode that Kanan and Hera are a thing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I thought it's been fairly obvious since the first episode that Kanan and Hera are a thing.

Yeah I mean, they did a whole episode about Kanan meeting his girlfriend's father

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Kanan and Hera are totally a low-key couple.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

twistedmentat posted:

There was a little bit of "Ezra has a crush on Sabine" early on but that plot line seems to have been (thankfully) dropped. There is already an uncomfortable level of incest and asparagus eating in Star Wars. Let's try and leave that stuff for the Star Trek fans.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Aspargus Eating? That is a term I have not heard and do not want to.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

There was a little bit of "Ezra has a crush on Sabine" early on but that plot line seems to have been (thankfully) dropped. There is already an uncomfortable level of incest and asparagus eating in Star Wars. Let's try and leave that stuff for the Star Trek fans.

But what about my super cool theory that Ezra is Snoke and he named the Knights of Ren after Sabine Wren because he loves her but he didn't realize she spelled it with a 'W' because he's real dumb?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

bunnyofdoom posted:

Aspargus Eating? That is a term I have not heard and do not want to.

Don't google it. I only know about it because the mods here keep getting busted for it.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shbobdb posted:

Don't google it. I only know about it because the mods here keep getting busted for it.

All I'm getting is tips on roasting vegetables and explorations of urine smell.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

All I'm getting is tips on roasting vegetables and explorations of urine smell.

Same. Urban Dictionary has nothing either.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Judging by the Star Trek fans and mods mentions, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's kiddie diddling. How the hell that becomes eating asparagus, I dunno.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Huh, haven't been any new posts in the thread in a while, wonder what-

:stare:

Anyway, a new episode's out, kinda bummed that jet-pack Sabine seems to be a one-off thing given how obvious they were about the damage to it at the end.

That chase (and the concept-based armors, and the returning character from the comics) was still pretty cool, though. :keke:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cross-Section posted:

Anyway, a new episode's out, kinda bummed that jet-pack Sabine seems to be a one-off thing given how obvious they were about the damage to it at the end.

I loved how upset she sounded about it. :allears:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Cross-Section posted:

Between that and the Kulani not joining thing,I'm starting to think that the writers hate fun.

Covok
May 27, 2013

My only issue with this weeks episode is that I totally forgot about that season 2 episode it is a soft-sequel to. Like, at first, I'm like "who is this guy? Why do they know him?" Had to wookiepedia it to realize this was all from a season 2 episode I forgot about.

Overall, another solid episode. I really liked the canyon chase. I felt that it was maybe a too light in the story department, but that's okay. Also, it looks like we might get some Sabine family drama in the future which could be fun.

Also, RIP Sabine's jetpack. You were too good for this world.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I get really frustrated with stupid lazy story things like Ezra having a guy dead to rights and not getting his saber back, all of the villains being completely incapacitated and them not taking them out, Ezra having his saber a few feet away and not force pulling it to himself. These are all such easy and stupid oversights that point to lazy writing.

And you know I get that people want the Jedi stuff the most and stuff that's going to advance the A-story and reveal mysteries of the force and crap like that, but there are other interesting elements of Star Wars and they just don't do a good job of making them compelling and fun to watch. All of the episodes that aren't Jedi mysticism feel like filler.

I'd like a non-Jedi story that actually had some dramatic tension of its own. The Thrawn stuff on Ryloth was very close. And maybe it's because they only have 30 minutes and nothing terribly complex can happen in that amount of time.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

They could always have stories span multiple episodes. I'm not really sure why they don't (discounting the double length episodes.)

e:Like Clone Wars was doing multi-episode storylines, and that show was in an even better position than Rebels not to do them. It's an odd choice.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 6, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm super late here but only on rewatching TCW I connected the dots and noticed many parts of the track that plays during Ahsoka and Vader's duel are from a Clone Wars track. The name of the original track? "Anakin Wants Her Alive"

Holy poo poo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nina posted:

I'm super late here but only on rewatching TCW I connected the dots and noticed many parts of the track that plays during Ahsoka and Vader's duel are from a Clone Wars track. The name of the original track? "Anakin Wants Her Alive"

Holy poo poo.

Okay, gonna need some proof before I believe this tinfoil hat stuff.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Sabine episode! Just what I've been waiting for. :swoon:

If she doesn't make fixing that jetpack (mechanically and aesthetically) her next big art project, I'm going to be disappointed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like the modifications to the Phantom II, I think it's even got the Blade Wing painted on the cut down fin; I want to see what it looks like docked with the Ghost, and where it docks.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Covok posted:

Okay, gonna need some proof before I believe this tinfoil hat stuff.

Compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfK4A_y88XQ&t=64s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVJSJOiLk4&t=136s

Mind you I don't think there's any character motivation evidence here though. I just find the song name to be pretty ironic considering where it ends up reused.

Nina fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 6, 2016

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
"I know it was an accident!"

Chopper best droid

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Cicero posted:

"I know it was an accident!"

Chopper best droid

Chopper is the single best character in all of Star Wars. All he needs is a cigar to make the "Surly rear end in a top hat with a heart of tarnished bronze" archetype better. And to throw more driods he's jealous of out of spaceships. And murdering stormtroopers.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Nina posted:

Compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfK4A_y88XQ&t=64s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVJSJOiLk4&t=136s

Mind you I don't think there's any character motivation evidence here though. I just find the song name to be pretty ironic considering where it ends up reused.

That's just Ahsoka's theme, which has been used since her first appeance in the Clone Wars film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUbNODwAiw&t=108s

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Whoops should've been obvious. I was trying to look for her theme to check but didn't think to check the movie soundtrack. Even then though the S5 arrangement is the closest to the Rebels equivalent.

Nina fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 6, 2016

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Put a lot of :effort: into this.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

MizPiz posted:

Put a lot of :effort: into this.

I moved on her like a Bith!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Generic American posted:

Sabine episode! Just what I've been waiting for. :swoon:

If she doesn't make fixing that jetpack (mechanically and aesthetically) her next big art project, I'm going to be disappointed.

I can totally see an episode or two from now she going "I got what we need!" and bringing it out.

That was super cool to have Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson playing opposites. I also really love how Clone Wars and Rebels has shown the Mandalorians. Much better than the Legends version.

Covok
May 27, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I can totally see an episode or two from now she going "I got what we need!" and bringing it out.

That was super cool to have Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson playing opposites. I also really love how Clone Wars and Rebels has shown the Mandalorians. Much better than the Legends version.

What were the legends versions like?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Depends on which version you look at, I'm guessing that is aimed at Karen Traviss' interpretation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Depends on which version you look at, I'm guessing that is aimed at Karen Traviss' interpretation.

What was wrong with her interpretation?

• Locked thread