Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Cool I can do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If you could freeze solid mid-poo poo, that would be pretty cool.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Aphex- posted:

Any requests on corpse position if I succumb to HACE or HAPE?

attempting and failing at autofellatio

(the failure mode is that your pooping on you're face)

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Aphex- posted:

Make like you're grabbing a pussy :trumppop:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Aphex- posted:

If you have a can of beer with you, make like a cup holder. The next people through will appreciate it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

elwood posted:

Everest is right above the ax (and my finger in the bottom left, drat).

Approximately how far away is Everest in this picture?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Is goatse off the table?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I miss elwood already

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

extra stout posted:

I miss elwood already

Me too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

extra stout posted:

I miss elwood already

That was the old Elwood. He's dead now.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Thame to Khumjung

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Sand Monster posted:

Approximately how far away is Everest in this picture?

No clue sorry. I'm just a stupid tourist that basically gets carried everywhere by a sherpa.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

18 miles/29km as the crow flies

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

elwood posted:

Thame to Khumjung

Look at all the colorful coffins! Which one is yours, elwood?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is this old man carrying all your stuff for you?

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Khumjung to Luza

Luza to Gokyo

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Crosspost from AI:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a31324/nissan-gt-r-mount-everest-base-camp/

Someone drove a Nissan GT-R to Everest Base Camp.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Thread, I had an Everest dream. I invited my friend to climb Everest with me, then a whole bunch of other people showed up. Then I felt embarrassed because none of us had experience and we were all going to die. I tried telling everyone that but they talked over me and nobody listened. Plus I was equivocating needlessly by admitting that the fatality rate was only five percent. So everybody but two of us went outside and rolled off a cliff to their deaths.

That's all, thanks for reading. :downs:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Great pics, elwood! Glad you're doing something meaningful in your final days.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Elwood's pics are too cool so here's something more tasteless in the spirit of the thread: an everest zombie halloween costume

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Well gently caress now I want to do that. Amazing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Better be wearing green boots.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Nocheez posted:

Crosspost from AI:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a31324/nissan-gt-r-mount-everest-base-camp/

Someone drove a Nissan GT-R to Everest Base Camp.

I thought part of why such big teams of sherpas were needed is that it was all mountain trails, goat paths and poo poo. there's a dirt road all the way there?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I thought part of why such big teams of sherpas were needed is that it was all mountain trails, goat paths and poo poo. there's a dirt road all the way there?

Base camp on the Chinese side by the looks of it? Give it another few years and the Chinese'll have extended the high speed rail to Everest. Then the feast will come :unsmigghh:

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
"Climbing" Gokyo Ri

Gokyo to Thangnak

elwood fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 29, 2016

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
:eyepop: wow, especially that last one. Looks like the rock there has some interesting colors to it.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Crossing cho la pass (middle of the first picture)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

elwood posted:

"Climbing" Gokyo Ri

Gokyo to Thangnak

Nothing makes me more in awe of the eight thousanders than realizing the unremarkable foothills in that area are taller than any mountain I have ever seen in the US or southern Afghanistan.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Wasabi the J posted:

Nothing makes me more in awe of the eight thousanders than realizing the unremarkable foothills in that area are taller than any mountain I have ever seen in the US or southern Afghanistan.

They remind me of the alps but when I see no trees whatsoever even at the bottom of the valley I get a little antsy.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Pics look amazing Elwood! I'm just finishing up the Annapurna Circuit now. I made it through Thorung La pass without dying but it was loving cold that's for sure.

They won't be of Everest but I can post pictures of the Annapurna region here once I'm back home and have sorted through them if there is an interest for them?

I can't recommend the circuit enough, it's just unbelievable all the way through.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I think I'll come across our favourite dead canadian memorial tomorrow. Might have to look up her photoshopped pose for that.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

elwood posted:

I think I'll come across our favourite dead canadian memorial tomorrow. Might have to look up her photoshopped pose for that.

Borrow a yellow jacket from a fellow tourist/sherpa for that magic moment.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

This is so loving amazing. It's like the Canadian Rockies turned up to 11.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Tafferling posted:

Borrow a yellow jacket from a fellow tourist/sherpa for that magic moment.

As the thread OP I demand this be done.

Thanks for taking the time to upload these pics for us though! They are seriously spectacular.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Aphex- posted:

They won't be of Everest but I can post pictures of the Annapurna region here once I'm back home and have sorted through them if there is an interest for them?

:justpost:

Really appreciating Elwood's pictures, too. They're incredible.

elwood posted:

Crossing cho la pass (middle of the first picture)

Crop off the left so the person in red is alone and centered, and you've got art right here. Or don't, because it's still breathtaking.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Aphex- posted:

I can't recommend the circuit enough, it's just unbelievable all the way through.

I'd love to see them. That might be on my radar next year.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Dzongla to Lobuche

Base Camp tomorrow.

elwood fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 31, 2016

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

elwood posted:

I'd love to see them. That might be on my radar next year.

Dude definitely do the Annapurna Circuit when you can, it's just unreal. I'm back in civilization now in Pokhara after the most gruelling 10 hours on a local bus.

I'm back home at the end of the week and will post some highlights of the trip soon after that. It's cliche to say but pictures won't really do it justice but I'll do my best to get across just how un-loving-believeable the himalayas really are.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I'm in Gorak Shep right now. The toilettes are frozen solid and covered in frozen poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

elwood posted:

I'm in Gorak Shep right now. The toilettes are frozen solid and covered in frozen poo poo.

Rip Elwood. Try to freeze in the full squat position.