Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

St Evan Echoes posted:

My favourite thing on Swerved is the Bad Date one.

Dolph Ziggler goes on a blind date with a woman, acts really weird and she looks like she wants to run away and never look back.

Paige goes on a blind date with a dude, acts like a complete psychopath, and the dude is 100% DTF anyway

Including the part where she punches a dude in the face

Paige rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

St Evan Echoes posted:

Paige goes on a blind date with a dude, acts like a complete psychopath, and the dude is 100% DTF anyway

Hell, same

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:grin:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

Dolph Ziggler goes on a blind date with a woman, acts really weird and she looks like she wants to run away and never look back.

The part they don't tell you is it was just Paige being herself.

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.
Is the E&C show really not getting a second season?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paige is great and funny in a weird way. I hope she returns soon...to Smackdown Live! Swerved!

Also the AJ and professional wrestler Ryback bit was awesome. Poor kid, he only wanted to do a Dean Ambrose Sign.

Ric Flair is a dick, ill love to drink myself to death with the guy.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 29, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

She went on a blind date with Alberto?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

Paige is great and funny in a weird way. I hope she returns soon...to Smackdown Live! Swerved!

You jest, but I think the Raw women's division needs her more. She's already established (and, y'know, she was drafted there). Smackdown needs Emma.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sticklefifer posted:

You jest, but I think the Raw women's division needs her more. She's already established (and, y'know, she was drafted there). Smackdown needs Emma.

Raw needs better writers not more wrestlers to book like crap.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's been true of all of WWE forever though.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Is HiaC on an hour earlier tonight in the UK because of DST ending or is still 1am?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Should be an hour earlier.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Network version of Survivor Series 1997 ends abruptly with the screwjob, Bret spitting in Vince's face and Shawn pretending like he's angry and upset despite being in on the whole thing. I'm not sure if I saw a different version when it first aired or just conflated all the post-show stuff I saw over the days and weeks (and documentary!) that followed as being part of the original PPV airing. Is that post-show content with Bret smashing up stuff and making the WCW logo with his fingers anywhere to be found on the Network?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

The Network version of Survivor Series 1997 ends abruptly with the screwjob, Bret spitting in Vince's face and Shawn pretending like he's angry and upset despite being in on the whole thing. I'm not sure if I saw a different version when it first aired or just conflated all the post-show stuff I saw over the days and weeks (and documentary!) that followed as being part of the original PPV airing. Is that post-show content with Bret smashing up stuff and making the WCW logo with his fingers anywhere to be found on the Network?

They show the footage in documentaries about Bret and the Monday Night Wars so I know I've seen it on the network. I'm not sure if it actually aired as a part of a show. Aren't a lot of the old shows just the home version uploaded and not what actually played on PPV?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, back in June they said there would be Chromecast support, whatever happened to that?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They show the footage in documentaries about Bret and the Monday Night Wars so I know I've seen it on the network. I'm not sure if it actually aired as a part of a show. Aren't a lot of the old shows just the home version uploaded and not what actually played on PPV?

quote:

After an initial moment of shock, Hart got to his feet, approached the apron where McMahon was standing and spat directly in his face, while Michaels feigned confusion.[24][27] Michaels was ordered by McMahon to "pick up the drat belt and get the hell out of here!" Michaels left the arena with Brisco and Triple H and the broadcast signal cut off almost immediately after Michaels exited, with the last shot being a tight closeup of the Survivor Series logo above the entranceway.28] McMahon and most other WWF officials also quickly made their way backstage as an angry Hart smashed cameras, monitors, and ringside equipment.[29] Fans in attendance also began to vent their fury on McMahon and WWF officials; a few even heaped garbage on them and some who were close enough pushed Michaels as he hurried backstage. Owen Hart, Neidhart and Davey Boy came out to the ring and had a conversation with Bret calming him down. Hart proceeded to finger trace "W-C-W" and "I love you" to the cheering fans before returning backstage.[7]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I guess I just conflated the stuff I saw later into my memory of watching the PPV, thanks.

I'm watching the Raw the night after as well, I was SURE that Shawn did a fake-out joke where he brought out a midget Bret Hart but I didn't see it. I'm starting to wonder if I just made up a bunch of memories about the Screwjob since I figured at the time reality was tearing itself apart anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I guess I just conflated the stuff I saw later into my memory of watching the PPV, thanks.

I'm watching the Raw the night after as well, I was SURE that Shawn did a fake-out joke where he brought out a midget Bret Hart but I didn't see it. I'm starting to wonder if I just made up a bunch of memories about the Screwjob since I figured at the time reality was tearing itself apart anyway.

You are probably remembering Wrestling With Shadows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

You are probably remembering Wrestling With Shadows.

Well NOW I'm remembering Bret Hart sitting next to that electric chair/mannequin prop he bought and saying,"Why the hell did I buy this thing?" :xd:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really wish the screwjob was wrestlings greatest act of kayfabe. It so early adds up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I really wish the screwjob was wrestlings greatest act of kayfabe. It so early adds up.

Having just finished rewatching Survivor Series, I sat down and did all the calculations and came to the inescapable conclusion that it was literally impossible for WCW to screw up getting Bret Hart.

Then I watched the opening segment of the very next Nitro.... :doh:

As a corollary to that, can anybody explain what the thinking was in having Hogan call out Sting, Sting came to the ring and then just get the poo poo kicked out of him by the nWo just like every other loser in the WCW roster over the previous year? Did they think that Sting had dominated everybody too much and people might be getting bored? Did they think it would get good heat and make people want to see him beat Hogan more? Was it just Hogan insisting on it and getting his way? Everytime I get to that moment while going back over the Year of Rafter-Sting I'm always freshly perplexed as to why they hell they would do something like that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Did they ever add the missing early episodes of Smackdown? Last time I was a subscriber it was missing a handful at the beginning.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

Did they ever add the missing early episodes of Smackdown? Last time I was a subscriber it was missing a handful at the beginning.

I just glanced through the list, and it looks like they're all there at least through the end of 2001.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Starrcade 1986, around 3 Hours 17 minutes in just after Ric Flair makes his entrance they play a Magnum TA video.

Everybody please go and watch this if you haven't before :stare:

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Jerusalem posted:

Starrcade 1986, around 3 Hours 17 minutes in just after Ric Flair makes his entrance they play a Magnum TA video.

What in the gently caress did I just watch? There's no words

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Jerusalem posted:

This is magnificent. Thank you for this gift.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I now divide my life into two sections. The first, incorrect section of my life was before I watched that video.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Thank you, friend

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought for sure people were overhyping. They were not.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That is a majestic, uh, seagull?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Keep in mind that the music in the Network version is changed.

Watch it again with this playing instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-kMQ9dy0E

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I like the version with the the song about the woman who is just trying to fill her empty box.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

Keep in mind that the music in the Network version is changed.

Watch it again with this playing instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-kMQ9dy0E

Hahaha I wondered what was originally there.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I've been unsubscribed for a while now and they just offered me free until January 31; is this for everyone or just lapsed users?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Willninho posted:

I've been unsubscribed for a while now and they just offered me free until January 31; is this for everyone or just lapsed users?

I'd forgotten my password and had to reset it so now I can't have several free months of network.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Been lapsed since Mania and just got the deal. Getting the Rumble for free sounds pretty sweet.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I just re-signed on the same offer but they took the 9.99 out my account despite it saying they won't until January 31st? Wtf?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah, same. When someone works out the best way to fix this let us know!

Edit: the money's not been taken from my Paypal, so I assume they've just done some stuff to make sure they will take the money if I don't cancel on time.

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 17, 2016

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I signed up again since I enjoy watching free wrestling and next weekend I had planned to watch some wrestling with a few friends, so the timing is extremely convenient.

The OP says that WWE Network can somehow be used with Chromecast. I'm a complete baby when it comes to technology, so umm.. How do I get WWE Network on Chromecast, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
At the very least if you have the Network open in Chrome on a PC after installing the Chromecast you can press the Chromecast button and it will display on your TV. I imagine the app has a similar button but haven't tried that meself.