Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was talking to a group about some emotional stuff and really having a moment, crying, and someone brought a loving baby in and all of a sudden everyone is like OMG BABY!!!! This is scheduled group time which is for talking about your issues. Bringing in a baby is WRONG. You could have waited 15 minutes until group ended!

So because I wasn't able to finish what I was talking about I now feel like poo poo and am depressed because I couldn't finish letting the emotions out. I talked to the counselor afterwards but I just bottled it up inside because I get that people are obsessed with babies so I said it's ok, even though it wasn't and I feel like poo poo, which is obviously worse for me mentally because I'm not standing up for myself, giving me low self-esteem. Oh and what I had been talking about WAS self esteem. Lol

Ugh.

E: now I'm getting stress-induced diarrhea. Yay.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

three job rejections within the same hour got the day off to a fine start.

It's just a job, it shouldn't bother me this much, but I'm starting to feel so unemployable and worthless. I know it's because I'm in that awkward stage between being overqualified for most stuff but apparently undesirable to the traineeships I'm actually applying for, but that doesn't really help. I'm 25. I should have a career, not just a job, and I can't even manage the latter.

Job hunting bloooooooows and employers know it too. My wife is killing herself with interview prep and resume re-writes right now and it sucks to see. Hang in there my man.

Real tired this afternoon and I have to do a couple of audits that I really don't want to do, but I know I'll feel even shittier about myself if I put them off. Fart.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I live in Florida.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I learned tonight that a server I'm casually friends with quit a bar I casually visit quit since I last visited.

I mean, we weren't close, short of talking briefly when she was working and I decided to visit, but talking with her every once in a while was fun. I suppose I had a superficial crush on her (short, mousy, fair skin and dark hair with glasses, liked the modern tentpole movies but liked borrowing my more esoteric stuff), but it sucks to know that a stupidly small bit of happiness in your life is done.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Went to a different Thai takeaway than my usual and it was terrible and also more expensive.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Simsmagic posted:

I needed to submit a revised form of this paper for this class that I'm taking but missed the deadline by seconds. I emailed it to him in the thin hopes that the professor will grade that one rather than the one I sent earlier but I'm not holding my breath.

It wasn't accepted.

Masked Potato
Jul 27, 2006

Roll, roll the '83
It's something like that album by The Feederz.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Simsmagic posted:

It wasn't accepted.

Is there a channel for complaints? Not too many will argue that it isn't a dick move but whether or not it's actionable is a different matter.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's been two days since I drank and had spicier Mexican food, and my stomach still feels scorched.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got fired.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I went into work after a week of being laid up. I felt great yesterday and hopeful that today would be okay. Then I quickly learned how inaccessible our building is. Holy poo poo, secure doors are heavy! I'll probably mention it to HR or facilities (there is an elevator and for all I know there may be handicap access at the front of the building but that is far as hell from my office) even though my disability is temporary. Someone else's may not be.

Also it takes me about 10X longer than usual to get around. loving sciatica, go away already. I feel you loosening up in there, just loving un-loving-clench!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I'm now single.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Soup du Jour posted:

I'm now single.

HELLO

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Oldpainless, more like Oldgameless :v:

My coworkers won't shut the gently caress up about food. It's all they talk about all day, non-stop. Do your loving work and shut up about food.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I'm still sick. I had Influeza A like, loving 4 weeks ago and now I've got this goddamn cough that will not go away and I still feel like poo poo, and joy, I coughed up blood this morning and now it looks like I've got a wonderful lung infection.

I've had to beg money from my mother to pay for daycare because this will be week 4 off work (I worked last week but went home early on Friday because a few customers expressed concern over my obvious ill health) so I have no money but goddamn daycare for my 2 kids is $450 a week.

gently caress.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

princecoo posted:

I'm still sick. I had Influeza A like, loving 4 weeks ago and now I've got this goddamn cough that will not go away and I still feel like poo poo, and joy, I coughed up blood this morning and now it looks like I've got a wonderful lung infection.

I've had to beg money from my mother to pay for daycare because this will be week 4 off work (I worked last week but went home early on Friday because a few customers expressed concern over my obvious ill health) so I have no money but goddamn daycare for my 2 kids is $450 a week.

gently caress.

So I've not coughed up blood since, so that's nice. But today I pulled some muscles between/over my ribs in a coughing fit, so now my every moment is sweet, sweet agony. It hurts like hell to breathe in, and holy gently caress does it hurt when I cough. Which is nearly constantly.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
It's COLD

I wish I had a job where I would switch hemispheres every fall/spring so I'd be in perpetual summer. Or live on some tropical island. I loving HATE cold.

Late complaint about Sunday: it was beautiful out and while I spent an hour outside, I spent the rest of the day indoors like a going loser and I wish I had spent more time outside because I doubt there will be any more days like that :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I woke up to a depressing dream that was basically a remake of an earlier depressing dream that I've occasionally had, and it's put me in a foul mood.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
A friend and fellow goon died in a motorcycle accident the other day. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Skyrim decided to not-quite-crash in a way that took away my mouse cursor (:confused:) and I force reset my computer in frustration after trying and failing for five minutes to just close everything, which would've been easier had Windows understood that typing in Task Manager should load Task Manager.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Breakfast Burrito has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Mar 1, 2023

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

princecoo posted:

So I've not coughed up blood since, so that's nice. But today I pulled some muscles between/over my ribs in a coughing fit, so now my every moment is sweet, sweet agony. It hurts like hell to breathe in, and holy gently caress does it hurt when I cough. Which is nearly constantly.

aaaand my ribs are officially a punishment for all sins of all possible past lives from all universes because just when I thought I might be getting better (the cough did ease off for about 2 days) I got smacked hard with even less fun coughing/wheezing fits, and my ribs have me in tears now. gently caress everything.

Doctor gave me yet another week off, but I cannot afford to take it since I'm already a week behind on daycare payments. So off to work I go on Monday in perpetual agony and coughing myself to death. Hooray.\

Edit: I'm starting to seriously wonder if I havn't cracked a rib or something, this hurts so loving much.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Skyrim decided to not-quite-crash in a way that took away my mouse cursor (:confused:) and I force reset my computer in frustration after trying and failing for five minutes to just close everything, which would've been easier had Windows understood that typing in Task Manager should load Task Manager.

Control-alt-escape opens the task manager directly, might be helpful next time. :science:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Went to the hospital at 2am this morning because I couldn't take the pain anymore. So apparently I've blown out all the cartilage between my ribs on my right side, and the treatment is... pain management, until it settles on its own. Which it won't, as long as I have the cough. Also they gave me paracetamol and ibuprufen, with no relief, so they gave me some tylenol, which helped not at all, so then they gave me endone, which eventually allowed me to breathe less painfully and finally go the gently caress to sleep.

Work tomorrow is going to be just the most fun, I can't wait.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

princecoo posted:

Went to the hospital at 2am this morning because I couldn't take the pain anymore. So apparently I've blown out all the cartilage between my ribs on my right side, and the treatment is... pain management, until it settles on its own. Which it won't, as long as I have the cough. Also they gave me paracetamol and ibuprufen, with no relief, so they gave me some tylenol, which helped not at all, so then they gave me endone, which eventually allowed me to breathe less painfully and finally go the gently caress to sleep.

Tylenol IS paracetamol.

Here they are stab happy to give people dialudid first thing, I'm sorry you don't live in such a glorious country as :911: (assumin AUS since you said paracetamol and endone)

If I am wrong and you're from the USA you went to a very lovely hospital.

My own lovely day: I woke up with a panic attack. Hooray! Panic attacks are always a good time. If I went to the ER they would pump me full of Ativan and run 100s of unnecessary and expensive tests. Good old USA :patriot:

**on the other hand I'm not really complaining because there definitely can be an underlying cause for crazy heart rate, fainting, and shortness of breath so they're covering all the bases but nonetheless it's a weird/different system here from other countries.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Oct 30, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

taiyoko posted:

Control-alt-escape opens the task manager directly, might be helpful next time. :science:

See, I did not know that. I prolly wouldn't have gotten so frustrated had I known that.

Unrelated minor thing that hasn't made me day lovely, but it did bum me out:

The other day I was thinking about some pre-youtube (at least, I think it was pre-youtube) video series I remember liking. It was an animated short bunch of videos about a zombie that can think, was protecting an innocent child, and I think there was an Egyptian mummy involved. It took a lot more time than I expected to find it, but I did: it was called XOMBIE, and I was expecting to find that at some point they did more.

Nope, they didn't. Back in 2012 they tried to do a kickstarter to make a second season, but it made seven grand out of the 99,000 they wanted, and that's the final post on their website about it. It sucks because I remember being kinda attached to the series, and to find that nothing happened is kinda :smith:.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
My parakeet made a daring escape and I feel bad about having to wrangle him. He's suspicious of me every time I pass by the cage now. :(

But I'm hoping to upgrade his cage soon so it's not as flimsy and has more flight room so hopefully he'll forgive me and not feel the need to poo poo on my pancakes if he gets out (seriously, why that of all things in 3 different rooms).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

See, I did not know that. I prolly wouldn't have gotten so frustrated had I known that.

The other day I was thinking about some pre-youtube (at least, I think it was pre-youtube) video series I remember liking. It was an animated short bunch of videos about a zombie that can think, was protecting an innocent child, and I think there was an Egyptian mummy involved. It took a lot more time than I expected to find it, but I did: it was called XOMBIE, and I was expecting to find that at some point they did more.

Nope, they didn't. Back in 2012 they tried to do a kickstarter to make a second season, but it made seven grand out of the 99,000 they wanted, and that's the final post on their website about it. It sucks because I remember being kinda attached to the series, and to find that nothing happened is kinda :smith:.

This awesome show imo called Blue Mountain State made over their $2 million goal on kickstarter to make a feature film with a Hollywood opening but Lionsgate or whatever just pocketed the funds, banned the opening, and only let people watch the film through some lovely website you could only access on mobile (and only if you had donated to the kickstarter). Needless to say I never got to watch the film. :saddowns:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Tylenol IS paracetamol.

Here they are stab happy to give people dialudid first thing, I'm sorry you don't live in such a glorious country as :911: (assumin AUS since you said paracetamol and endone)

If I am wrong and you're from the USA you went to a very lovely hospital.

Yeah I'm Aussie and yeah, you're right, I got the name wrong, it weasn't Tylenol it was something else beginning with T (endone has to be okayed in person by a doctor and whatever this stuff was it was the last thing they could give me on top of paracetamol and ibuprufen before he'd have to get out of bed at 3am and come in to say they could give me endone) It might have been Toradol?

So work was easily dealt with. Turned up, boss took one look at me and told me to go home. So I do look as bad as I feel! I do not know what I'm going to do about money, I'm hoping I can rest enough today to pull off a shift tomorrow but the pain is pretty loving intense.

Thin Privilege posted:

This awesome show imo called Blue Mountain State made over their $2 million goal on kickstarter to make a feature film with a Hollywood opening but Lionsgate or whatever just pocketed the funds, banned the opening, and only let people watch the film through some lovely website you could only access on mobile (and only if you had donated to the kickstarter). Needless to say I never got to watch the film. :saddowns:

Well that bummed me out too. It's on Netflix and I really enjoyed the series.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I work at a lovely gas station and today this rear end in a top hat overdosed and died right in front of me. He was acting really drunk, but in the time it took him to cross the store, he dropped bonelessly to the ground with blood pouring out of his mouth. The other junkie who was with him was yelling that he was diabetic or something, who loving cares. I called the ambulance but the guy wasn't breathing. The paramedics brought him back to life, but when they told him they needed to take him to the hospital, he tried to bolt. I had him by both arms but the paramedic told me to just let him go, and then all I could do is wipe his blood off the floor and get back to work.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I got locked out of my store today. The dumbass who closed last night somehow managed to get our lovely old doors stuck so they weren't aligned properly, and were impossible to unlock. An hour and a half of pay down the drain.

The locksmith suggested that we need a new door since this keeps happening, but since our location is moving, our new motto is "gently caress it, if it's working for right now that's good enough". This also goes for the condenser coil in the case that continues to freeze and thaw, loving the temperature in said case up. But "it's too expensive to replace/fix with any permanence, so gently caress it, it's working for right now".

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

treiz01 posted:

I work at a lovely gas station and today this rear end in a top hat overdosed and died right in front of me. He was acting really drunk, but in the time it took him to cross the store, he dropped bonelessly to the ground with blood pouring out of his mouth. The other junkie who was with him was yelling that he was diabetic or something, who loving cares. I called the ambulance but the guy wasn't breathing. The paramedics brought him back to life, but when they told him they needed to take him to the hospital, he tried to bolt. I had him by both arms but the paramedic told me to just let him go, and then all I could do is wipe his blood off the floor and get back to work.

I feel like "someone died in front of me" is a good time to give someone a couple days off :stare:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

princecoo posted:

Are you taking some sort of cough suppressant?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MisterBibs posted:

Dang thats what happened to it, eh. I was hooked on it too for a while. Sad day

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

cyberia posted:

Are you taking some sort of cough suppressant?

Yup. Barely worked, from coughing every 5 to 15 seconds to maaaaybe going nearly 30 - 45 without a fit.

As it is now my cough has subsided a fair bit - I only really get going if I move, or encounter air conditioning, or a change in temperature, or breathe to deeply/shallowly. Mostly moving. If I'm lying in bed, or sitting at my computer, I'm generally good. Get up for any reason and it's time to feel like I'm breaking some ribs again.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

treiz01 posted:

Jesus Christ.

That's a hell of a harrowing experience :stare:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

princecoo posted:

Yup. Barely worked, from coughing every 5 to 15 seconds to maaaaybe going nearly 30 - 45 without a fit.

As it is now my cough has subsided a fair bit - I only really get going if I move, or encounter air conditioning, or a change in temperature, or breathe to deeply/shallowly. Mostly moving. If I'm lying in bed, or sitting at my computer, I'm generally good. Get up for any reason and it's time to feel like I'm breaking some ribs again.

Goondolences :( I had a bad cold a few weeks ago that triggered my asthma so I was coughing constantly unless I loaded up on Ventolin and Seretide. I also had whooping cough when I was a kid and that'd make me cough until I vomited so I was terrified I'd somehow caught that again.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
After a long work day yesterday I tried to rerecord commentary for an LP i was working on due to poor audio balance (THe commentary was completely drowned out by the game) but as I was about to save the better balance the software crashed taking 25 minutes of work away.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I got a new job a month and a half ago and i want to quit it already. After being in this call center, i wish i was back in retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Because it was just like every other day.