Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

So I'm guessing everything they tried to help with ended up being a website full of promises and a really good connection to a credit card processor.

Dog tax, understands something is amiss.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

its funny to scream at the videogame for 6 years. nonetheless, please remember to visit or call your parents wherever possible, because they'd surely like to hear from you and hear about your hobbies and lives et cetera. life is too short to let relationships fade away

My parents are dead, you heartless bastard.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

French Canadian posted:

Real talk is this video indicative of anything?

https://youtu.be/TTGJOC0stus

The same day that they held a presentation where they showed that video, they were live-streaming the actual game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001ZIKlGJrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws2kzfaj0zk

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ComfyPants posted:

Lowtax's daughter apparently reads the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecPiKPmcoNM&t=1783s

amazing!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ComfyPants posted:

name a more iconic duo, i'll wait

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

name a more iconic duo, i'll wait

today I learned: playing video games with your kid is totes adorbs.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Need a Star Citizen let's play with them and occasional special guest Uncle Derek.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

thatguy posted:

Need a Star Citizen let's play with them and occasional special guest Uncle Derek.
I will stick with finding the informations thanks.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

I'm not sure why the timestamps come out different for me, but if you click the above link and don't hear anything Star Citizen related then try this timestamp:

https://youtu.be/ecPiKPmcoNM?t=28m11s

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

This whole Star Citizen thing can only end badly. For everyone involved.

Get a shorter avatar or make longer posts :argh:!

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

Or Simply Red - money's too tight to mention

So THAT's what the correct lyrics are

http://rathergood.com/bunny_too_tight/

Bonus: http://rathergood.com/holding/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/xwtwZzV.gifv

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

I like the fact that I seem to pay much more attention to the CIG issue council than CIG does, by reposting the videos here.
[/quote]

I like that he has 1197 views and wonders where they come from.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/792958384697847808

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2f3kcMQbA&t=55s

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

"Work for free! Please!"

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Sunswipe posted:

I phoned my parents and started telling them about Star Citizen. They hung up on me after an hour. Now what?

Sever all contact with them. Don't associate with toxic dinks.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

boviscopophobic posted:

I'm not sure why the timestamps come out different for me, but if you click the above link and don't hear anything Star Citizen related then try this timestamp:

https://youtu.be/ecPiKPmcoNM?t=28m11s

Something must have changed with the video because it's messed up for me too, weird. It was definitely after 29 minutes when I originally posted it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It needed refactoring.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

There's no Sandi audio on that, only Batgirl audio. It's a mono track, probably Sandi was on the other stereo track.

You can clean it up by notching out the tone and its harmonics with expertly placed eq cuts and slap a big filter on everything above 8k

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!

SomethingJones posted:

There's no Sandi audio on that, only Batgirl audio. It's a mono track, probably Sandi was on the other stereo track.

You can clean it up by notching out the tone and its harmonics with expertly placed eq cuts and slap a big filter on everything above 8k

got it fixed. probably won't get much better than that.
http://www.megafileupload.com/sOg0/Sandi_on_2016-09-28_at_19.00_(Track_1)_01.mp3

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Pro job

But still there's no Sandi on it

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SomethingJones posted:

Pro job

But still there's no Sandi on it

There is no spoon.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2f3kcMQbA&t=219s

"what's going on right now is that Derek Smart and other people are using my statement as a way to say this is what they said. And it's not what she said and those people are just trying to incite bad feelings amongst the game. Now I do consider myself a pseudo journalist, which someone that is in the community and likes the game but also knows that I have to somewhat of a non-bias approach *laughs* when I do my videos and I've tried that in the past but people get a little bit upset."

Earlier At 1 minute 35 seconds

"Now it does make sense for Squadron 42 to move to the console, being the type of game that it is"

At 2 minutes 07 seconds

"It would be a huge seller on that platform, just because it's going to be an amazing game. Never was it mentioned it was definite and never was it mentioned that it was in the works, it was just something that we talked about hypothetically".

There are several layers of comedy here that I've really enjoyed. First you have the idea that something that logically makes sense, doing a console version of a single player spacegame can be discussed with one of the game company founders, float the idea that it makes sense to both of you, would be great, would sell loads but it's just talking "hypothetically". The idea that because you aren't saying something for definite or making an announcement, while the something in question would takes years to develop, but the conversation isn't important considering what Elite dangerous did.

Layered on top of that you have the hilarity of referring to yourself as a "pseudo journalist" within a couple of minutes of saying Squadron 42 is "going to be an amazing game", while displaying your own complete inability to refer to yourself as "unbiased" without laughing.

Then you have the historical record of Cloud Imperium Games displaying virtually zero professional behaviour, unable to release anything at all of even a decent quality, never mind "good", during an interview with a VP of marketing that seemingly has no relevant marketing experience and who appears to have landed the role purely based on being married to a chubby liar with a bad haircut.

Nichole D'Angelo you are funny and I'll sleep well once CIG goes bust, I hope you can do the same after plugging this expensive hobby of dreams for years to the mentally ill, while asking for money to continue to do so.

Also lol at loving up an audio track, you had one job, you really are talented enough to work there.

AP fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 31, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Did you tweet her it?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I'm the actual hobby developers trying desperately to not catch the retard from those

:downs: #1: Uh I dunno about that- function(?) there, it's a bit messy
:downs: #2: Messy yes, not quite functional as such
:downs: #1: Function-al. More like functi-ANAL amirite?
:downs::hf::downs:
:downs: #2: So what's that do anyway. You wanna translate it into XML for us?
:downs: #1: Yeah we'll help you refactor it

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Batgirl posted:

what's going on right now is that Derek Smart and other people are using my statement as a way to say this is what they said. And it's not what she said and those people are just trying to incite bad feelings amongst the game. Now I do consider myself a pseudo journalist, which someone that is in the community and likes the game but also knows that I have to somewhat of a non-bias approach *laughs* when I do my videos and I've tried that in the past but people get a little bit upset.

No.

Here is what happened, and I'll type it out in a list with little numbers attached so that it is nice and easy to follow through -

1. Batgirl said some poo poo
2. I typed that poo poo out, 100% accurately
3. That poo poo got posted on the RSI forum
4. Batgirl blames Derek Smart

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
She said

"potential console delivery of Squadron 42 only"

"I held off the stuff about CONSOLE because CONSOLE SCARES EVERYBODY"

And now that she created a shitstorm she's blaming Derek Smart. Here's what journo's do - they take loving responsibility for what they say. Pseudo-journalist my arse, sit the gently caress down Batgirl and go back to shilling for a scam company because it's the only thing you do well.

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!

AP posted:

Did you tweet her it?
I haven't. Feel free to do so

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
As if that poo poo is EVER going to run on a console, they really are as thick as gently caress to even think there's a snowball's chance in hell of any of that poo poo going near a console. But sure keep spinning it and throwing your money and time into it, and trying to sucker other idiots into it if it makes you all feel better about yourselves

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I didn't say anything about CONSOLE because CONSOLE scares everybody

But now I've said stuff about CONSOLE

And people have gotten scared and started poo poo

So now I must blame DEREK SMART

gently caress. OFF.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SomethingJones posted:

No.

Here is what happened, and I'll type it out in a list with little numbers attached so that it is nice and easy to follow through -

Is there anything hosed-up in the Star Citizen poo poo show that isn't Derek's fault? Neither by action, inaction, inspiration, provocation nor association?

Let's call it "Batgirl's Law" to not mention Derek outright, it'll catch on like crazy

Batgirl's Law: When discussing the perceived misdeeds of Star Citizen's developers, backers, supporters, detractors or bystanders, the only topic up for debate is in which particular way it is Derek Smart's fault.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is there anything hosed-up in the Star Citizen poo poo show that isn't Derek's fault? Neither by action, inaction, inspiration, provocation nor association?

Let's call it "Batgirl's Law" to not mention Derek outright, it'll catch on like crazy

Batgirl's Law: When discussing the perceived misdeeds of Star Citizen's developers, backers, supporters, detractors or bystanders, the only topic up for debate is in which particular way it is Derek Smart's fault.

If it can't be attributed to Derek Smart it's Beer's fault

If that doesn't work it's the fault of those The Goons

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

No.

I think batgirl is just pissed because it's obvious what's going to happen, CIG wants to do a console version as CIG has always only been interested in money and the vast majority of the pc gamers who would buy SQ42 already have. Therefore console sales are a new source of potential cash, but she's also pissed because CIG being CIG, it's never going to happen, so she has the drama of CIG gradually informing the Citizens of their console intentions through her, while knowing it's pointless drama as everything is on fire anyway.

Solution, blame Sedrick Phart & evil goons.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

DOCa Cola posted:

I haven't. Feel free to do so

Naw I'll pass, someone else can or not.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

AP posted:

"And we'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling goons and their leader, Derp Shart" :mad:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

She said

"potential console delivery of Squadron 42 only"

"I held off the stuff about CONSOLE because CONSOLE SCARES EVERYBODY"

And now that she created a shitstorm she's blaming Derek Smart. Here's what journo's do - they take loving responsibility for what they say. Pseudo-journalist my arse, sit the gently caress down Batgirl and go back to shilling for a scam company because it's the only thing you do well.

dont worry, Derek can take all the blame he is a big boy

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

AP posted:

There are several layers of comedy here that I've really enjoyed.

I personally laughed at the bit where she said "Chris made the hard choice to cut the SQ42 demo for Citcon" when in the video she references, it's quite very clear that it's Erin who clearly makes the call in the end.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

If it can't be attributed to Derek Smart it's Beer's fault

If that doesn't work it's the fault of those The Goons

Beer is just a Derek proxy though, he's carrying out Derek's wishes whether he's aware of it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

AP posted:

I think batgirl is just pissed because it's obvious what's going to happen, CIG wants to do a console version as CIG has always only been interested in money and the vast majority of the pc gamers who would buy SQ42 already have. Therefore console sales are a new source of potential cash, but she's also pissed because CIG being CIG, it's never going to happen, so she has the drama of CIG gradually informing the Citizens of their console intentions through her, while knowing it's pointless drama as everything is on fire anyway.

That's exactly it.

She's having to placate backers (by blaming Derek Smart) for something she said about something that Sandi said about something about consoles that won't happen anyway.

• Locked thread