Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Elite posted:

I also found it hilarious that the Tyrant village leader was trying to think of schemes to get the Key of Rebellion off Seolhwa because he didn't trust her. Then why the hell did you give it to her in the first place?

It's not that he didn't trust her, the way I understood it is that he wanted to secure the ~dream team~ giving some leverage to Haesung. But yeah that's some weird premature scheming.

Elite posted:

c) If other games end up being determined by the weakest players it might actually be advantageous to have a suffered a few losses because it means you can trim out weak players. Doesn't happen if you eliminate people for political reasons though.

I have a feeling that besides the first one the rest of the games are purposely designed to screw teams with more players.

And to be fair Oliver's eliminated buddy got 3 questions wrong. It wasn't COMPLETELY unwarranted. even if macho got 12 questions wrong and completely screwed the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

The eliminated member wasn't a bad choice in a vacuum, but when you've got one guy who single-handedly costs you the game and another who's a nakedly obvious megalomaniac it looks terrible. I have to imagine it's going to backfire on Heejun.

Elite posted:

Also hilarious how scared people were of FEARSOME CHICKENS.

What are the odds that in a group of 26 you'd have three people with that fear? Is this a cultural thing?

Also, man, Madong is like one episode away from just dunking Kyungryul's head in the toilet.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
MJ status still cool :smug:

Also nothing wrong with chicken fear, they can mess you up way more then say a spider or a mouse and those fears are ubiquitous.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chicken's are horrifying monster that will tear your throat if given the chance. I saw Jurassic Park, I'm on to you chickens. :tinfoil:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

did they manage to get a headless chicken running around because it's great

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGmkAbdvo9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dB3o8_oyIk

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
MJ is still great, but I'm switching my allegiance to team remaining chickens

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Crime Scene s1: This show really DID get better when Henry was gone! The one on one interrogations were super good, especially the special guest, not the hot guest.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

man i would have eliminated macho so hard, besides looking like an rear end in a top hat and being an rear end in a top hat he is also incredibly awful at games

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I'm partway through Society Game episode 2 but I just have to say that I feel REALLY BAD FOR THE MADONG CHICKEN. I know they're scared of doing the deed but when they messed up and everyone ran away was... :cry:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Davincie posted:

man i would have eliminated macho so hard, besides looking like an rear end in a top hat and being an rear end in a top hat he is also incredibly awful at games

The games are on a weakest-link basis, so the logical strategy is to replace Macho with a chicken,

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Tunicate posted:

The games are on a weakest-link basis, so the logical strategy is to replace Macho with a chicken,

I am insanely stressed out watching the main game

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Regarding the blacklist (obvious spoiler but still speculation) He's writing names down that only show up under blacklight, right? It would explain the dark voting booth, the black paper used, and how quickly it's currently being edited over. So how likely do you think it is that he's written down Asol and Seolhwa so far, just in case?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

GuavaMoment posted:

Regarding the blacklist (obvious spoiler but still speculation) He's writing names down that only show up under blacklight, right? It would explain the dark voting booth, the black paper used, and how quickly it's currently being edited over. So how likely do you think it is that he's written down Asol and Seolhwa so far, just in case?

No, they showed in episode 1 that it's a kinda marker with silver ink. First time he started to write a name then scribbled it out, second time he just left it blank. I think narration even specifically said he entered no name twice, so unless the producers are pointedly lying, the blacklist is empty.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i know they explained the elimination, but i can't get over how macho didn't get the boot like how

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Artelier posted:

i know they explained the elimination, but i can't get over how macho didn't get the boot like how

Maybe he was keeping around a lovely player who was 100% loyal because of the late game? Seems like a lovely strategy with respect to losing future challenges and with respect to maintaining respect with everyone else.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Davincie posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Keeping Macho is gonna bite Sanggook in the rear end so hard, especially considering his elimination pick - either go all in on Tyrant leadership or don't go there at all, man. I still think the guy's scheming too hard for no reason, if you wanna be the behind-the-scenes player you gotta be more like Asol. Asol's cool and good. It's kind of a pity the main game was completely hosed by one bad player, 5kg for each mistake was a very harsh penalty so I don't think the game developers were expecting THAT bad of an individual performance.. Anyway, I'm excited for Girl Power alliance and JAIL SHENANIGANS, should be fun. Also, gently caress Macho and MJ rules.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

Keeping Macho is gonna bite Sanggook in the rear end so hard, especially considering his elimination pick - either go all in on Tyrant leadership or don't go there at all, man. I still think the guy's scheming too hard for no reason, if you wanna be the behind-the-scenes player you gotta be more like Asol. Asol's cool and good. It's kind of a pity the main game was completely hosed by one bad player, 5kg for each mistake was a very harsh penalty so I don't think the game developers were expecting THAT bad of an individual performance.. Anyway, I'm excited for Girl Power alliance and JAIL SHENANIGANS, should be fun. Also, gently caress Macho and MJ rules.

You seem to be getting your Madongs and your Nopdongs mixed up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is a throw, right? This is worse than the time Jamie tossed the gear in Survivor China

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beeswax posted:

You seem to be getting your Madongs and your Nopdongs mixed up.

Oof, I sure am. Too many people to keep track of and the names are throwing me for a loop, plus for whatever reason I keep mistaking Sangook for ones of the dudes on the Democracy side.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I will say this if your going to not pick Macho then Jaehyuk is the only pick you can really defend considering the guy was forever sleeping.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zythrst posted:

I will say this if your going to not pick Macho then Jaehyuk is the only pick you can really defend considering the guy was forever sleeping.

It kinda throws up some flags I wouldn't really fly if I were that guy. Everyone knows that wasn't a popular pick, so you kinda put yourself in this "tyrant" position (which is why I mixed up the guys, hehe) when you don't need to. You might even be able to bring Oliver to your side if you say "weeeell, the vote was split between you two and I could've dumped you but hey, maybe we can be useful to each other, huh?".

Really, you lost two games in a row and you're not getting rid of the weaker players, just drop Macho.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Maybe Macho has an alliance with someone in the other camp and he's tanking for the long game.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Taejin would have been 100x better than Macho. Why is he even here.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
He's terrible at tanking then, you're not supposed to make the most mistakes and lose in a blowout.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I do kind of wonder if trading players will be thing at some point.

eta- I also think Macho messed up legit, he just couldn't remember where the pips were on the new dice.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It's interesting how each teams' dynamic is the opposite of what you'd expect from their rules. Granted, this could just be because of the game momentum, but I wanna see some proper traitorous monarchy, drat it!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Chainsawdomy posted:

Also, man, Madong is like one episode away from just dunking Kyungryul's head in the toilet.

Agreed. I really hope it doesn't get worse.

On the other hand, I would like to thank Madong for the surprise fanservice that was randomly provided, it made a very bad week just a little bit better :D

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The running joke about Kyungryul's marriage is the strangest thing.

Also the best thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kyungrul is the designated joke character, poor dude.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

CHiRAL posted:

Agreed. I really hope it doesn't get worse.

On the other hand, I would like to thank Madong for the surprise fanservice that was randomly provided, it made a very bad week just a little bit better :D

Yeah that guy is crazy hot, that was a lovely surprise.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dias posted:

Kyungrul is the designated joke character, poor dude.

I'm just waiting for St Agnes and the Burning Train to become his theme song.

Watching Macho singlehandedly lose the challenge for Nopdong was beyond painful. I can understand why he wasn't eliminated, but i wouldn't be surprised to see them both get screed by that decision in the long term. MJ's analysis/feelings in the aftermath were spot on, and I'm guessing she wasn't the only one.

I would still very much like to have MJ's crazy Amazon princess babies.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The keyholder in the north village Is also p cute. But same

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
That main game was the most I've yelled at a TV program in a good while.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly, I can get him loving up the first few because sure, memorizing a dice under stress can be difficult. But then it just kept going on. Like dude, stop focusing on the equations and just memorize the drat dice. And then he tries to pass blame! :argh:

And now I'm a stereotypical reality show watcher. :sigh:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Honestly, I can get him loving up the first few because sure, memorizing a dice under stress can be difficult. But then it just kept going on. Like dude, stop focusing on the equations and just memorize the drat dice. And then he tries to pass blame! :argh:

And now I'm a stereotypical reality show watcher. :sigh:

You meant the opposite, right? It was all extremely basic arithmetic, taking maybe a second to do in your head. He confidently put up a completely wrong answer plenty of times.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

You meant the opposite, right? It was all extremely basic arithmetic, taking maybe a second to do in your head. He confidently put up a completely wrong answer plenty of times.

Yeah, but he was just focusing on following the other guy's die for the first few, not knowing that he had a weird die. There were some regular die, some mirrored dice (hence why Hael switched places), and then two weird-rear end die that don't sum to 7. Take a guess at who the two people with dice with 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 as mirrors were - and no, those two also can't copy off each other because their dice were slightly different.

Exercu fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 3, 2016

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I like how they unveiled the elements of the main game.

Specifically, I like how the pre-main game round had the questions become insanely hard relatively quickly, so when they got to practice, both sides were thinking how were they going to keep up with the tougher equations. Everyone gets the same design dice here, so everyone comes to the same solution - copy off the people who are good, who should be stationed in front. They spend all their time practicing this maneuver.

Come the main game, the dice have random designs, and not everyone notices, so there's some confusion and some points lost there. And then the difficulty of the questions never increased, so it turned out to just be "Please be decent at simple maths and remember where the numbers are on your dice."

False expectations at its finest. Maybe there would've been some killer equations later on, but Nopdong got screwed over very, very quickly...

PS - Yes Madong guy was super hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Artelier posted:

I like how they unveiled the elements of the main game.

Specifically, I like how the pre-main game round had the questions become insanely hard relatively quickly, so when they got to practice, both sides were thinking how were they going to keep up with the tougher equations. Everyone gets the same design dice here, so everyone comes to the same solution - copy off the people who are good, who should be stationed in front. They spend all their time practicing this maneuver.

Come the main game, the dice have random designs, and not everyone notices, so there's some confusion and some points lost there. And then the difficulty of the questions never increased, so it turned out to just be "Please be decent at simple maths and remember where the numbers are on your dice."

False expectations at its finest. Maybe there would've been some killer equations later on, but Nopdong got screwed over very, very quickly...

PS - Yes Madong guy was super hot.

Well, the dice don't have entirely random designs. There are four designs. Two designs that sum to 7 on opposites, two designs that group low-middle-high on opposite sides. I seriously wonder if it was an unstated penalty for Nopdong for losing the pre-main game round that Nopdong were the only one with the weird dice. Jaehyuk and Macho (also the people who had the most mistakes).