Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Do they still give you a huge fine to punish you for releasing a patch for your game

No. That all went out with the last gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

HycoCam posted:

I like going with the rumor Ben was more natural and appealing on camera than Sandi. Leading to Ben and his stapler being moved to the basement. Of course there was the whole 100th episode of ATV, changing in format, sepsis hospital stay during the summer--so hard to know what issue or issues lead to the departure from the spotlight. Occam's razor principle--combination health and ATV refactoring.

But CIG's razor says that the most stupid explanation is probably the right one. So it's most likely that Ben has been removed from ATV because people liked him more than Sandi.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Propagandist posted:

Seems to me that this is what makes SC unequivocably a scam.

This is exactly what makes it a scam, and in fact one part of the scam fell away earlier this year.
It used to be:

Chris Roberts (liar) > 10FTC > INN deceptive TLDRs > /SC > other game forums

INN were definitively called out. They used to have this on their site

Now they have this

quote:

As is with any information on our transcripts and summaries, everything posted is subject to change by CIG and in some cases may not always be 100% accurate at the time. While we strive for accuracy, mistakes do happen so please let us know if you find something amiss that we didn’t catch. Enjoy the show!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

And worse. MUCH worse.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600

Here's the thread that covers it from start to finish.

Woah. That is pretty bad. What is worse is people would defend that and keep him employed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Given this morning's meltdown, clearly you didn't see it coming :D :D :D

I've said it before but I seriously think you should consider having an emblem and a line of clothing. "Smart Casual" is just too good not to use. Just imagine the epic tantrums thrown at stylish people just walking down the street minding their own business.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

AP posted:

I've said it before but I seriously think you should consider having an emblem and a line of clothing. "Smart Casual" is just too good not to use. Just imagine the epic tantrums thrown at stylish people just walking down the street minding their own business.

And sell them on his website. Name the store "Derek's Mart".

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Sniper rifle looks ok to me.

Most magazine fed rifles have the magazine under the receiver, so that the bullets move up, and cartridges are ejected to the side. Even single shot rifles tend to have the bolt and ejector on the same side.

So you design a space sniper rifle that uses an energy pod. Why would have have said pod pop up and/or be loaded by the firer's right ear above the cheek weld?

Why's the bipod leaning forward? All the recoil from the energy?

It's the same as that missile launching system; nobody who ever designed machinery designed a system that requires eight separate actions to load missiles. They need to go check out loaders for actual things; start with 110mm naval guns, then work their way through tanks. Maybe even loving look at submarines; you don't want too many steps _that can go wrong_ on your process controls.

They even have a loving knee-cutter the middle of a loading bay.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nichole, you ignorant slut

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

At the very least, someone needs to make "Smart Citizen" pinbadges.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

This is just dumb. You can't "pull" ben, his velocity and acceleration is determined by his position in the earth-ben vector field.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

it's me, I'm the lady who laughs off losing a twitter fight with "something something puppetmaster!"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Brutally owning me online is like throwing Br'er Rabbit into the briar patch

You're just playing right into my hand

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

The gaps are getting filled with horseshit.

They are starting with Wattle and Daub, then they will work their way up the tech tree.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SomethingJones posted:

This is exactly what makes it a scam, and in fact one part of the scam fell away earlier this year.
It used to be:

Chris Roberts (liar) > 10FTC > INN deceptive TLDRs > /SC > other game forums

INN were definitively called out. They used to have this on their site

Now they have this

quote:

As is with any information on our transcripts and summaries, everything posted is subject to change by CIG and in some cases may not always be 100% accurate at the time. While we strive for accuracy, mistakes do happen so please let us know if you find something amiss that we didn’t catch. Enjoy the show!

Have you let them know that you found something amiss?

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Happy Halloween Nerds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iypUpv9xelg

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Foo Diddley posted:

Have you let them know that you found something amiss?

I think Derek might have dropped one or two very subtle hints

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Play "Little Girls" next

You know, for all the citizens reading the thread

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This has been bugging me for ages, the pictures are in the wrong order.

Here's a refactored version:

Yours for only $750.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Someone photoshop Derek and Crobbers into that scene where the A-Wing flies into the bridge of the super star destroyer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alphabettitouretti posted:

This has been bugging me for ages, the pictures are in the wrong order.

Here's a refactored version:

Yours for only $750.
T-pose?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hey since its halloween I'm gunna post some spooky leaks not everyone knows about

• Did you know that if you watch the new AtV's closely, you can spot the ghost of Ben Lesnick? Some say his presence still haunts the popular TV show, which accounts for Sandi's often distracted and off-putting camera demeanor.
  • The CIG offices are haunted by the ghosts of Bill and Fred Nombo, brothers from the 1950s. Huge in the burgeoning real estate boom of early-developed Santa Monica, greed soon came between the twins who killed each other in a very gruesome manner. Pretty hard to concentrate on your refactoring pipeline when Fred Nombo is hovering around! This haunting is 100% the reason why SQ42 is delayed -- did you really think a programmer "fell off his bike" and broke his wrists? Nope, the Nombo twins pushed him down a flight of stairs!
  • Scary sounds can be heard from the offices at all manner of hours. Even at two or three o'clock in the morning, while the entire staff is still hard at work, low moans and grumbles echo down the halls.
  • Chris refuses to come into the office before noon and anytime after 3pm. Rumor has it the ghosts are less active during this time, so Chris feels a lot safer.
  • Wingman and other lead developers didn't quit because they wanted to...the ghosts drove them out! Developers at CIG complain of a cold presence in the building and even that their every move is being watched.

stay safe this halloween guys!

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 31, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TheAgent posted:

hey since its halloween I'm gunna post some spooky leaks not everyone knows about

• Did you know that if you watch the new AtV's closely, you can spot the ghost of Ben Lesnick? Some say his presence still haunts the popular TV show, which accounts for Sandi's often distracted and off-putting camera demeanor.
  • The CIG offices are haunted by the ghosts of Bill and Fred Nombo, brothers from the 1950s. Huge in the burgeoning real estate boom of early-developed Santa Monica, greed soon came between the twins who killed each other in a very gruesome manner. Pretty hard to concentrate on your refactoring pipeline when Fred Nombo is hovering around! This haunting is 100% the reason why SQ42 is delayed -- did you really think a programmer "fell off his bike" and broke his wrists? Nope, the Nombo twins pushed him down a flight of stairs!
  • Scary sounds can be heard from the offices at all manner of hours. Even at two or three o'clock in the morning, while the entire staff is still hard at work, low moans and grumbles echo down the halls.
  • Chris refuses to come into the office before noon and anytime after 3pm. Rumor has it the ghosts are less active during this time, so Chris feels a lot safer.
  • Wingman and other lead developers didn't quit because they wanted to...the ghosts drove them out! Developers at CIG complain of a cold presence in the building and even that their every move is being watched.

Not a good ghost story without Freddie Krueger Smart in the story

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EminusSleepus posted:

Not a good ghost story without Freddie Krueger Smart in the story
He kills you in your tweets.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

He kills you in your tweets.
lol

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

For you dudes wondering why people in the thread pretend/half pretend that Derek is our God Emperor this is why. Even Lowtax couldn't maintain this level of idiot nerd rage, it's loving art

Well, Lowtax did get called a oval office by notch.

Lladre posted:

Yeah I apologized for that bad joke/derail already.

Must be a slow day.

It was locker room talk.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is this for real? He actually said that?

Yes, but I am pretty sure it was not in his current capacity, yet still disturbingly recent.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/793142528316887040

So many happy, smiling faces, and... is that Derek Smart in whiteface in the middle of the bottom row?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Imagine converting your computer room into a spaceship commander center for Star Citizen while Chris Roberts demonstrates playing his own game by using an XBOX 360 controller plugged into the computer.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

So many happy, smiling faces, and... is that Derek Smart in whiteface in the middle of the bottom row?

Refactored

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sunswipe posted:

Either Sandi got fat or someone else is taking that photo.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Skype for Business has terrible meeting and connectivity overall. It's a great upgrade from Lync but the meeting stuff is still widely hit or miss. Wonder why they aren't using Webex or GoToMeeting \

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend
I don't think I'd use that desk without getting a tetanus booster, look at all the janked up phillips head screws and sheet metal sticking up waiting to slice you

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

He's obviously been up all night, coding.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Flarpy posted:

Well, Lowtax did get called a oval office by notch.

Sure, but that's likely forgotten in a few weeks/months. Derek's not the only one who can inspire idiot nerd rage - perhaps he's not even the best at it - but how many others could sustain an active creepy subreddit fanclub for more than a year?

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

When I was growing up we had hard water, from a well. Mom used Tang in the dishwasher, since I guess the citrus reduces hard water stains.

One day she ran out of Kool-aid, and she made Tang.

All five of our faces must have been priceless displays of horror and confusion since we were convinced that Tang was a detergent, and that we had finally pushed Mom over the edge.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
I wonder what percentage of activity involving SC is strictly related to goons. I think more goons listen to these podcasts and view videos than any SC fans do any more.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is nice and sexist and stereotyping. :byodame:

I grew up with doom and made some wads and junk like most people during that era. Modding games is what got me interested in programming for real.

I think I play more action games than not though. I think I'm pretty average and like a lot of stuff in general and I'm also not inclined to be much of a support role unless it's just as fun as everything else.

Doom tax:

No. You're wrong. Girls don't like being a power fantasy hero, or killing monsters.

Silly girl.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

God damnit, every time you leak some leaks I have to laugh my way through the half dozen silly reports the inevitable reddit thread ends up getting.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

I'm the desk with the gently sloping leading edge that means you can't actually put anything near it.

loving hell, every time I see one of their airplane desks it's funnier than the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the desk with the gently sloping leading edge that means you can't actually put anything near it.

loving hell, every time I see one of their airplane desks it's funnier than the last time.

desks aren't for putting stuff on, you obviously have the mentality of a wageslave space-poor

• Locked thread