Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hello, and welcome to my home my beautiful darlings! All are welcome here to stay for a short while or live with me forever. I will feed you and take care of you, and if you're extra good I will give you treats! I do have one rule though, no fighting! If I catch you fighting, you'll need to leave. We all need to get along here. Of course why would you ever fight when I love you all so much. Now who wants some pets?

Welcome to Cat Lady Mafia, a role madness game for 13 players.

Some notes about this game: This is an unusual game. There are some normal roles but also a lot of variants on roles and some new roles. I did try to balance it, but it's been tricky so I make no promises. That said, this game is a direct response to Somber's Cloaks game. While it's not necessary for you to read that game or have played in it, I do suggest you read this post since it's what inspired me to make this game. Don't worry though, I'm not a total monster, there will be no death millers.

In addition to the regular vote there will also be a secondary vote each day wherein you try to win the favour of the Cat Lady who will give you a treat. To vote someone you make a ##treat vote. If you want to remove your treat vote then ##untreat. The treat vote is plurality and whoever has the most treat votes at the end of the day (or whenever someone is lynched) will get a treat. Treats are good! You want them and you want your team to get them! You may vote for yourself if you are a selfish cat.

Mafia Rules

• Days will be 48 hours, Nights will be 24 hours.
  • Hangings will be majority (days can end in a no hang)
  • Thread will be closed at night
  • No fake day actions
  • No posting after hammer
  • No posting mod PMs
  • No editing posts
  • No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed
  • Don't lurk!!!!!!!!
  • Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. PM me if you have questions.

Players
  1. Anomalous Amalgam
  2. BottleKnight
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. derp
  5. Flying Leatherman
  6. Infinitum
  7. Jimmy Hats
  8. JimsonTheBetrayer
  9. King Burgundy
  10. Retro Futurist
  11. Somberbrero
  12. this is a stickup
  13. Tired Moritz

Replacements
-ANarc

Asiina fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm scared and very uncomfortable

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
unusual games are good and I wish that I played cloaks

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like weird games!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am signing up for this mafia game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I
Am
Catman

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I lust. For pets.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This game grabbed me by the pussy

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I am a Cat Person irl, I am very in

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Hello.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So this is a fairly serious game where I expect people to actually try. If you guys are planning to just shitpost or lurk please do not sign up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

So this is a fairly serious game where I expect people to actually try. If you guys are planning to just shitpost or lurk please do not sign up.

I'm gonna do it for you asiina

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 29, 2016

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean, if you have to ask whether that applies to you...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i still can't believe you wrote a game in response to cloaks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
*finishes a book* "eh could have been better." *opens up Word*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

i still can't believe you wrote a game in response to cloaks.

Your idea and what you were trying to do was good, I want to try my own take on it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Your idea and what you were trying to do was good, I want to try my own take on it.

no it's really cool!

i am feeling inexplicable dread though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hate myself but like cats :3: so i will play and have a meltdown itt, if that's ok!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Asiina posted:

intenet cat mafia roleplay is evry
seriuos

im gonna just watch this one. cat lady mafia is too intense for me!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am Alley Cat, The strongest cat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDG4dlU5uY

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
one time someone wrote a poem comparing me to a beautiful orange tabby and then we broke up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Meow~!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I'm here to confirm my admiration for uranus and his good posting.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I don't see myself in the list. A travesty of the highest order.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

you're a cat ghost, hence the blank spot

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am going to win

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

You should answer my PM then.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is there room for me?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Is there room for me?

Sorry, we're just full. I was waiting for a response back from Jimson and he got it in.

I'll put you down as a replacement though.

With that we're full. Expect role PMs in a few hours.

As a note, I will be cracking down hard on lurking and people getting around lurking by contentless shitposting. I'm not going to wait until D3 to start prodding people.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I got distracted by work and writing role PMs took longer than expected and now everything is ready but I don't want to start at night, so tomorrow morning this will start!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Lynea surveys the house. Her little darlings are all around her. They're playing with toys, eating from some of the many food dishes, some are grooming each other (adorable!) and a great many are lazing around sleeping. She love cats and all the wonderful things they do. It has always been her dream to have a home where cats could live and not have to worry about anything. Now her dream is a reality! It's not easy though, with so many little fluffybutts there are bound to be some...conflicts. She does her very best to keep that to a minimum though, even if it does unfortunately sometimes mean a cat has to go. Usually a spritzer bottle will do though.

There's no time for such negative thoughts on such a wonderful cat filled day! She is in such a good mood she thinks she will hand out a treat today. Now, which cat should it go to...

Day 1 of Cat Lady Mafia starts now

Remember there is an ongoing treat mechanic. You can cast your treat vote using ##treat <player>. If you want to remove your vote without placing it on someone else you can ##untreat. Whoever has the most treat votes at the end of the day gets a treat!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, derp, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats, JimsonTheBetrayer, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, this is a stickup, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Me entering the thread

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hate cats.

Dogs all the way.

Let's hunt scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003