Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Well! That was an enormous wet fart of an episode...

At least creepy forest guy is just a paranoid off-the-gridder. I was half-expecting, with the way these writers do things, for him to consider Kate his 'forest wife' since he found her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well! That was an enormous wet fart of an episode...

At least creepy forest guy is just a paranoid off-the-gridder. I was half-expecting, with the way these writers do things, for him to consider Kate his 'forest wife' since he found her.

Yeah. I'm happy that they went in this direction with The Huntsman, really, because it's the only character development that makes his actions make even a little bit of sense. Of course, it'd have made more sense if Mr. Kaplan had been killed in the first place.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
If you're going to choose a controlling, emotionally abusive, homicidal criminal mastermind to be your father figure, at least choose the one that didn't kidnap you and threaten to jump off a forty story building with your newborn baby.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Yeah. I'm happy that they went in this direction with The Huntsman, really, because it's the only character development that makes his actions make even a little bit of sense. Of course, it'd have made more sense if Mr. Kaplan had been killed in the first place.

That being said, there's an angle to him having those cameras everywhere. My guess is he's a former Vietnam-era specops guy who could give Baz a run for his money.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Quack quack, bitch. God I haven't laughed that hard in so long.
Edit: And now that the episode is over, I breath a sigh of relief that this awful-as-gently caress plotline is over. I look forward to seeing what the next episode tries in order to keep us engaged, considering this plot almost made me quit completely.
Edit2: Oh, right, jawline chick is gonna probably be next.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Oct 31, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Next episode will reveal that Kirk *wanted* to be caught all along because now that he's in US custody on US soil, he'll have access to a world famous surgeon to do his ultra-complicated operation that the government will pay for because he'll offer ultra-helpful information to the government in exchange for access to him/her. He'll get the surgery and escape with the help of the BBSB.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i'm in season 2 now. this show has turned into my de facto background noise when i'm cooking or cleaning my house or something like that. a scene in episode 9 of season 2 sums up everything i hate about this show:

Liz: Lost it all how?

Red: ...........in Mexico, there are these fish...

SHE DIDN'T ASK YOU ABOUT FISH IN MEXICO

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Why would you hate on Spader answering questions with seemingly irrelevant anecdotes? That's the best part of the show :v:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Anyone watch this show and also blindspot? There was a scene on blindspot this week where Rich Dotcom made a pitch to the fbi that sounded a lot like the blacklist, he even mentioned wearing a funny hat.

Edit: Rich would be Red (the brains), Weller as Ressler (the brawn), and Jane as Elizabeth "What ever it is you do" :laffo:

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 31, 2016

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I watch both shows.

Jane is definitely a sort-of Dembe. And that guy who I don't know if they gave him a name but he's got gray hair and a pony tail and is always a part of Little Red Raginghood's tiny army.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

tarlibone posted:

I watch both shows.

Jane is definitely a sort-of Dembe. And that guy who I don't know if they gave him a name but he's got gray hair and a pony tail and is always a part of Little Red Raginghood's tiny army.

You mean ponytail guy, 3rd best character on the show

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tarlibone posted:

I watch both shows.

that guy is a legit manhunter irl. like he does acting as a fun side job and he literally hunts down people who kidnap children for a day job.

http://www.peaceconference2016.org/bazzel-baz/

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

that guy is a legit manhunter irl. like he does acting as a fun side job and he literally hunts down people who kidnap children for a day job.

Which is why he's bulletproof in this show and I love it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bring back old gbs posted:

I had no idea, why didn't he get the loving spin off of Red helping recover missing children from around the world?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
If that guy doesn't have a name on Blacklist yet, then I think he should be called Krombopulos Michael. I mean, he's not really an assassin, but he does seem to just love killin'.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

tarlibone posted:

If that guy doesn't have a name on Blacklist yet, then I think he should be called Krombopulos Michael. I mean, he's not really an assassin, but he does seem to just love killin'.

There's already one lawful-evil character on the show who gets off on being present to take part in justifiable homicide - Ressler.

Also, I'm not quite sure if you'd call what Baz does *acting* on the show...he kind of just shoots guns and never talks. I mean, that alone already makes him a better cast member over anyone aside from Spader, but still.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

"You tried to kill my husband, my friends, and even my baby. So OF COURSE I'm going to subject myself to invasive and dangerous medical procedures to save your life."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So the BBSB has a name, that I only learned because I watch this show with CC on - Odette, and she's played by http://www.annapurnasriram.com/

Also, loving hell, gently caress these loving hack gently caress writers...~IS SHE OR ISN'T SHE~?!?!?! I'm sure they took Red's DNA when he was being processed for ~The Box~. Run a loving test, answer the loving question.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Alright Red and Dembe with the Highlights magazine was loving perfect.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, loving hell, gently caress these loving hack gently caress writers...~IS SHE OR ISN'T SHE~?!?!?! I'm sure they took Red's DNA when he was being processed for ~The Box~. Run a loving test, answer the loving question.
I care about who her dad is about as much as she shouldn't have cared that Kirk was her dad. None. At all. It was always Red the whole time and any time it seemed otherwise was a misdirect. And in case it wasn't obvious, Kirk was married to her mom and was, by all intents and purposes, her dad except, duh, Red slept with her mom. Basically, Kirk is the most pissed right now because his wife cheated on him with Red.

That said, it's nice to see the previous blacklisters one again be strung along with the next blacklisters as a part of a grand plot again like in Season 1. Hopefully it pays off better than "to get info on the Illuminati that everyone will end up ignoring anyway."

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

DaveKap posted:

Hopefully it pays off better than "to get info on the Illuminati that everyone will end up ignoring anyway."

The characters exists in an universe where the New World Order is proven to exist and yet no one seems to care. I can't wait until Red introduces the task force to the reptilians who secretly run the planet and everyone forgets the very next episode because Lizzie's been kidnapped for the 5,385th time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The writers on this show have no idea how to write women. At all.

Also, whoever writes Ressler needs to be preemptively locked up. He keeps people in his basement.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I laughed that it took being tortured to the point of imminent death before Red would 'confess' to being the father.

Any guesses on what Reddington whispered to Kirk? I think it was something like, "Katarina had another child, one that you fathered. I will help you find this person if you let me live".

BrandonGK posted:

The characters exists in an universe where the New World Order is proven to exist and yet no one seems to care.
So, our universe.:ninja:

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 11, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The only thing I can think of is "she's not dead, and I can only find her with your help."

Remember that painting that Red received where it was heavily implied that Katerina sent it.

The Thursday Night Football promo spot with Red and Dembe drinking out of red Solo cups was priceless...if you DVRed it, go back and find it.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

'Goons? Now, that's not fair. Well, Carlton is a bit goonish, but Matthew is actually quite erudite and a world-class chess player to boot'.

About the best line to come out of this otherwise boring episode.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Octy posted:

'Goons? Now, that's not fair. Well, Carlton is a bit goonish, but Matthew is actually quite erudite and a world-class chess player to boot'.

About the best line to come out of this otherwise boring episode.

At least after finding out his daughter was alive, Peter Stormare had the good graces to let himself get shot in the face to give a horrible storyline (and us) some closure.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I don't know why it still bothers me but it does. "Leave him" after killing everyone else in the hospital. Also, all that justice that anyone murdered in that hospital won't get. They really de-sensitize you to rando innocents getting murdered in this dumb show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Turns out that CRISPR treatment is a real thing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I wonder how many people had to go Ark of the Covenant to get that thing made.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Can't wait to see what bullshit is going to happen to take up the rest of the season.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They *barely* advertised this season. It's probably the last.

Seriously, their hyping of it always came after the promo for a newer show, like "oh hey, if you don't check your series recordings, this thing's coming back, too...watch it, I guess?"

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I stopped watching the show this season. I guess I intend to catch up at some point but I lost interest and the formula got a little tired. Is the Mossad agent whose name I forget dead yet?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

n4 posted:

I stopped watching the show this season. I guess I intend to catch up at some point but I lost interest and the formula got a little tired. Is the Mossad agent whose name I forget dead yet?

The woman, Navabi? Because this episode was mostly about her... and she's fine. Other than Aram can't trust her now. gently caress you, shippers.

I would assume either that or Red manipulating the President-elect would be part of the main plot from here on out but who the gently caress knows.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

On one hand, it feels like they're trying to do their best to hit the reset button and bring the show back to the beginning.

On the other hand, they've cocked it up so badly trying to add depth to a rain puddle that watching it now makes the past two seasons feel like a waste of time.

And sorry, I know we're in a parallel universe where everyone chooses to ignore Samar being a "former" (*wink wink*) agent of Mossad, but to act surprised when she's, oh poo poo, *still* active, and then to admonish it with a glorified wrist slap and not with...I dunno, deportation?!?! Also, writers, how hard is it to write "seeing as I just got out of a deposition where I talked about my poor taste in women and how that led to my compromising of national security, I don't think it's a great time for me to start dating a Mossad double agent who just proved her professional loyalties don't align with mine."

Again, they're really trying to make us all not care a bit when they inevitably kill off Samar.

Also, Ressler got to kill some people this episode, he actually looked happy for the first time in two seasons. But he was so kill-stupid that he once again fired blindly into a vehicle holding a friendly. But because it wasn't alive, wouldn't shoot at a completely stationary drone four feet in front of his face.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And sorry, I know we're in a parallel universe where everyone chooses to ignore Samar being a "former" (*wink wink*) agent of Mossad, but to act surprised when she's, oh poo poo, *still* active, and then to admonish it with a glorified wrist slap and not with...I dunno, deportation?!?! Also, writers, how hard is it to write "seeing as I just got out of a deposition where I talked about my poor taste in women and how that led to my compromising of national security, I don't think it's a great time for me to start dating a Mossad double agent who just proved her professional loyalties don't align with mine."

I realize that believable consequences stopped being a thing in The Blacklist universe even before Lizzie got three years probation for assassinating a cabinet official, but I gotta think that taking part in a black ops raid by a foreign agency that resulted in multiple casulties on American soil should warrant more than a "I'm very disappointed with you young lady" speech from the boss.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I guess that's the arc for the remainder of the season / show. Still dumb, and there's some dumb weekly poo poo to go through to get it. Lady thieves calling themselves The Harem! Woo?

e: and don't miss Aram's piece of backstory in this episode. :psyduck:

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 13, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"There's a killer right across the street, and we just heard he's coming to kidnap or kill the little girl. Let's have both people with tactical experience go hunt him down rather than, say, set up an ambush for him. Aram, you've held a gun before, right? Don't worry, Ma'am...we're leaving you and your daughter in capa...we're leaving you in good hands. GONNA GO GET MY JUSTIFIABLE KILLIN' ON!"

I guess Aram's plot armor is still in good condition.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 13, 2017

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Speaking of plot armor, how is it the writers missed an opportunity to take us back and see how Mr. Kaplan is faring with her creepy-rear end benefactor? Especially after all the stuff Dembe and the new cleaners were talking about.

C'mon, show.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Neat stock footage of Sydney. Reddington sure gets around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"We need someone to infiltrate this highly-suspicious and intelligent group of ruthless female thieves!"

"Let's pick the woman whose face has been plastered all over the television and just gained international news AGAIN by being publicly pardoned by the President instead of the highly-effective and ruthless Mossad operative who would probably LOVE to do dangerous poo poo to get back in our good graces!"

• Locked thread