Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
That was a good rating of the HALLOWEEN franchise they did. I'm probably closer to Steve's or Andrew's rating of the movies. I don't mind Zombie's version all that much (The second is better), but the nature/nurture stuff is some real CRIMINAL MINDS bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Haha "misog crowd." That's great. I think some of these people are SO checked out that the progressivism flies over their heads until the gang does something overt enough for them to notice, like be wrong about a video game. From the mailbag episodes it certainly seems like they get a lot of missives directly from the bowels of reddit.

:psyduck: I was borrowing the term from the poster I quoted further up the page. I'm not even sure what we're arguing about anymore. I resign.

e: Quoted on the last page now, I guess.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Das Boo posted:

:psyduck: I was borrowing the term from the poster I quoted further up the page. I'm not even sure what we're arguing about anymore. I resign.

What? We were arguing? What?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

What? We were arguing? What?

It did scan sarcastic at first, but then I saw it was you and knew the intent.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

duz posted:

It did scan sarcastic at first, but then I saw it was you and knew the intent.

Yeah no, not sarcastic! I thought "misog" was a funny word and I was agreeing with Das Boo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Yeah no, not sarcastic! I thought "misog" was a funny word and I was agreeing with Das Boo

M'sog :tipshat:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Blame It On Rio had (maybe still has) a horribly detailed fanfic "synopsis" in Wikipedia.

I'm pretty sure that was written by a fan because it mentions the ridiculous amount of carrots in that salad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ almighty the Trump impressions in this week's episode had me DYING.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
this podcast is keeping me sane, this week with the world series and the election from hell i am almost close of putting myself into a psych ward.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This is brilliance.

I think the m'sog fans being warded off was kind of a brave move. Telling any part of your fanbase to gently caress off, around the time of launching a patreon fun is pretty gutsty. Glad it worked out and we're all onboard with the term "m'sog"

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Corek posted:

I'm pretty sure that was written by a fan because it mentions the ridiculous amount of carrots in that salad.

Possible. Might have been added. But I definitely have seen wikipedia plot summaries that are basically weirdo fanfic describing underage sex in "Plot synopsis" section. The Ice Storm was an example I remember.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I've only gotten as far into this week's episode as Trump just showing up, but goddamn this is some serious :gonk:ness in this movie so far.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe this movie is real. It sounds fake! Everything about it sounds fake!
Who would let this movie happen?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Das Boo posted:

Don't resign just yet!

Think the WHM guys might do a Antichrist Ep if you write in your story about you renting it for your mom?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Haven't listened to this week's yet but am super excited. And in the vein of the earlier discussion about the guys and their liberal attitudes / crappy fans:

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/793503051248177153

I like that they're entirely comfortable losing listeners (albeit dumb ones).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, there was someone on the Reddit who was pissed because the show "got political", which is of course a code phrase for "espousing a political stance I disagree with". It's been either deleted or downvoted to oblivion since this morning, but it was pretty much the kind of post you'd expect.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Of course Donald Trump agreed to be in this.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe this movie is real. It sounds fake! Everything about it sounds fake!
Who would let this movie happen?

Starts with a "J" and ends with a "ohn Derek"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, there was someone on the Reddit who was pissed because the show "got political", which is of course a code phrase for "espousing a political stance I disagree with". It's been either deleted or downvoted to oblivion since this morning, but it was pretty much the kind of post you'd expect.

I dunno man, there are plenty of podcasters whose politics I agree with that I still hate when they get political because being able to be passively entertaining while discussing pop culture doesn't mean you can be the same about real-world issues, especially when framing it in the context of said pop culture discussions. WHM is just one of the good ones.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Guy Mann posted:

I dunno man, there are plenty of podcasters whose politics I agree with that I still hate when they get political because being able to be passively entertaining while discussing pop culture doesn't mean you can be the same about real-world issues, especially when framing it in the context of said pop culture discussions. WHM is just one of the good ones.

Same. A lot of people get understandably grim when the election comes up but the WHM guys are consistently funny about it

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9SFY2tumWA

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Hey I have this great idea for a comedy: the ghost of an overly intense billionaire and his child bride conspire to steal a younger man's body through murder.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am voting for the dancing chicken in Stroszek

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dmitri-9 posted:

Hey I have this great idea for a comedy: the ghost of an overly intense billionaire and his child bride conspire to steal a younger man's body through murder.

Put in a guy who wants to gently caress his daughter and give the whole shebang to a literal sex monster and you got yourself a movie. I'm Joe Hollywood and my empire is a dumpster.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Now I'm bummed out that we never got a "Rodney Dangerfield as US President with a massive gambling debt" movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Put in a guy who wants to gently caress his daughter and give the whole shebang to a literal sex monster and you got yourself a movie. I'm Joe Hollywood and my empire is a dumpster.
I'm Martin Cinemax III, and I'll bankroll this entire project! ~slurp~

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Hopefully they keep the sleaze-train going with Tarzan next, where Bo plays Jane and the John Derek stand-in is her father - played by Richard Harris, for all Orca fans out there.

Also, Miles O'Keefe in pretty much a glorified cameo... As Tarzan.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I never knew Anthony Quinn was French, according to their impressions of him.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm honestly surprised they didn't bring up Watto while doing their Quinn impersonations.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Hamsterman was actually a very good cockney accent. :)

Signed
a Britgoon

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The new Animation Damnation is out

Featuring some really stellar arguments on the subject of robots

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The new Animation Damnation is out

Featuring some really stellar arguments on the subject of robots

I just had to explain why I was laughing to a coworker and the phrase "robot u-rine" left my lips in reality.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Now I want a Saturday morning cartoon adaptation of Taxi Driver and It Follows

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

When is the Nexus coming out? Its going to be a glorious episode

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Eric seemed excited about the CUBS win tonight. Wonder if it'll be talked about on FUTURE episodes.

Back

To the

*wink*

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

MariusLecter posted:

Eric seemed excited about the CUBS win tonight. Wonder if it'll be talked about on FUTURE episodes.

Back

To the

*wink*

Well there's potential for Jim Belushi shenanigans sooo....

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I've had bad luck getting any requests in and I'm legit thinking I will try and get a top tier slot when they open back up so I can request Worst Witch. They need more Tim Curry over all imo

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Shirec posted:

I've had bad luck getting any requests in and I'm legit thinking I will try and get a top tier slot when they open back up so I can request Worst Witch. They need more Tim Curry over all imo

There has definitely been references to this movie in various episodes. I keep on expecting it to crop up in a Spooktacular.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

From Big Daddy Dispatch!

Episode 273 —Don't Tell Her It's Me aka The Boyfriend School
Episode 274 — Fantastic Four (2005)
Episode 275 — The Happening

Episode 276 — Surviving the Game

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Robocop: The Animated Series, Episode: "The Brotherhood"
Nexus — TOS: "Charlie X" (s1, e2) & TNG: "Code of Honor" (s1, e3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Oh Man, The Happening is one of the funniest movies ever. I can't wait.

2005 Fantastic 4 is such a good choice - it's been basically entirely forgotten, overshadowed by other parts of the franchise, on either side.