Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
From my past experience, Jimmy Hats always kinda rush for a kill in D1 so I'm not suspicious of him at all.

I might be nedroid biased so I like to see more arguments on why voting Jimmy Hats would be a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Jimmy is pretty much right about day one though, so why not choose jimmy in that case?

Also wasn't the cat in the hat a trouble maker?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
naw day one is essential to good play.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

What a nice nap, time to get up!

this is a stickup posted:

you're all trying to turbo asap. kind of rude honestly. ##treat fl for being the meow of reason

Jimmy is pretty much right about day one though, so why not choose jimmy in that case?
Either I'm still trying to blink the sleep out of my eyes or there's some fundamental inconsistency here. It is strange to hear, in one post, stickup agree with me when I'm advocating more D1 content because we can get stuff out of D1, and in another say that Jimmy's right about not getting anything out of D1. It's sufficiently ambiguous that, really, he's ended up on both sides of the argument, and it feels like he's just trying to be inoffensive over providing honest opinions.

##unvote
##vote stickup

Tired Moritz posted:

From my past experience, Jimmy Hats always kinda rush for a kill in D1 so I'm not suspicious of him at all.
I don't think I've played with him before, is this true?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Flying Leatherman posted:

What a nice nap, time to get up!

Either I'm still trying to blink the sleep out of my eyes or there's some fundamental inconsistency here. It is strange to hear, in one post, stickup agree with me when I'm advocating more D1 content because we can get stuff out of D1, and in another say that Jimmy's right about not getting anything out of D1. It's sufficiently ambiguous that, really, he's ended up on both sides of the argument, and it feels like he's just trying to be inoffensive over providing honest opinions.

##unvote
##vote stickup

I don't think I've played with him before, is this true?

Yeah i really am the worst.

Also you were doing the same thing you're voting stickup for doing: admonishing me for not wanting to do day1 poo poo and then voting me, the guy with the most votes

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Somberbrero posted:

yes show me

I've pretty much been showing her off to whoever is foolish enough to say yes to me.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Looking back over it, honestly I can't refute this. I can expand:

I don't want to go into the details of an ongoing game, but the two lynches that occurred during the recently ended day of shine 3 both happened in the early AM for me. One was before I even woke up, and one was while I was catching up before work, respectively. This annoys me to some extent. Time zones can't really be overcome in a game like mafia, and I appreciate it when people don't try to lynch as FAST as possible.

However I very much agree with jimmy hats that day 1 is usually nonsense, and despite how much people might debate the validity of a jokephase (unless there is an n0), I think it's necessity because there is no way (without n0) to make any real cases or arguments unless someone slips really bad.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Also you were doing the same thing you're voting stickup for doing: admonishing me for not wanting to do day1 poo poo and then voting me, the guy with the most votes

This is also true, but tbh I think leather's posts feel pretty genuine.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I guess my point is a very fast D1 turbo is not a good for the town because D1 can provide useful info, and because some people (me) may not be able to post/read actively when it's happening

even if I agree with jimmy and think D1 is often a crap shoot, not giving everyone a chance to chime in will result in LESS info, not more

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also note that I have not voted because I'm not trying to rush D1

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Hats posted:

This is objectively false, I have not voted you this game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I like to throw joke votes around but jimmy was at -3 before I even said hello

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
good day, meow

quote="Flying Leatherman" post="465965677"]
This is objectively false, I have not voted you this game.
[/quote]

he said you're voting stick up!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what the gently caress?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

good day, meow

he said you're voting stick up!!
Really? I read that as Jimmy saying I admonished him and then voted him. Maybe I misunderstood.

Yes, I'm voting stickup, but the argument doesn't follow in that case - I'm not voting stickup because he doesn't want to do day 1, I'm voting him because his posts indicated that he was trying to get on both sides of the discussion.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jimmy Hats posted:

admonishing me for not wanting to do day1 poo poo and then voting me, the guy with the most votes

I'm pretty sure this is an honest fuckup on jimmy's part. leather hasn't done anything that earns a vote from me, and I think it's pretty clear that leather is referencing the part of this post I quoted.

Did you not read the second half of jimmy's post?
##vote tired moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Really? I read that as Jimmy saying I admonished him and then voted him. Maybe I misunderstood.

No, no. I'm sure he meant.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah i really am the worst.

because you are voting stick up because he is admonishing Jimmy for not wanting to do day1 poo poo and then voting Jimmy, the guy with the most votes, you are doing the same thing to stick up that stickup is doing to Jimmy. It's all very confusing, which is understandable.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Actually no i just have an idiot brain and thought FL voted me . Lol!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wow okay thanks for making me look dumb!!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tired Moritz posted:

wow okay thanks for making me look dumb!!

Haha!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's D1 so I can understand jokey votes and throwing votes around willy nilly, but what I can't understand is why would you throw treats around so casually.
I think they're going to be a big part of the game and to treat them frivolously would be a mistake, especially if it started momentum on it with "Eh gently caress it" style treating.

So a question to the people that have given FL a treat..
Why?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Meooowww~! Busy today. I'll catch up tonight after homework. ##treat FL

another game day ended before I even woke up

you're all trying to turbo asap. kind of rude honestly. ##treat fl for being the meow of reason

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

It's D1 so I can understand jokey votes and throwing votes around willy nilly, but what I can't understand is why would you throw treats around so casually.
I think they're going to be a big part of the game and to treat them frivolously would be a mistake, especially if it started momentum on it with "Eh gently caress it" style treating.

So a question to the people that have given FL a treat..
Why?

this is a good point but i think people are just being real casual with their treats.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Treat Vote

Flying Leatherman (3) - Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman, this is a stickup
Capitalist Pig (1) - Capitalist Pig
King Burgundy (1) - King Burgundy
Jimmy Hats (1) - Tired Moritz

I will post periodic treat vote updates, but since it's plurality and reaching a majority doesn't end the vote, it won't be too often outside of around deadline.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The treats building up on FL are kind of weird.

I don't understand on day 1 of a game like this why everyone isn't just trying to get themselves treated, we are loving cats people, we want the treats for ourselves.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
What would happen if we all had 1 treat each at the end of the day, would we all get something good :nyoron:

It's a good and a bad thing though, as the person who gets the treat at the end of the day will potentially be the night kill target, and if they aren't will have to explain themselves the next day (Though there is a potentially a Doctor for this very reason)
It's an interesting mechanic to say the least.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We don't even know what treats do. However i will say that i am 99.99 percent sure that if you treat me i'll be able to use more than one of my powers tonight cuz uh that seems like a thing a cool game host would do.

Anyways i will follow up and say that my joats are watcher, follower, tracker, voyeur.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also if we assume there are 3 mafia men which i don't think is unreasonable in a game this size then one of them must be voting for me right now!! Otherwise they would lynch me and end the Hyper Important Day 1 Discussion, thus sealing town's fate (which would be doom!!)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My reasoning for giving FL my treat is simple. There's a cat in their avatar.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SA keeps crashing my chrome. I can only phone post and it sucks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jimmy Hats posted:

We don't even know what treats do. However i will say that i am 99.99 percent sure that if you treat me i'll be able to use more than one of my powers tonight cuz uh that seems like a thing a cool game host would do.

Anyways i will follow up and say that my joats are watcher, follower, tracker, voyeur.

if asiina is basing this game based on cloaks design then this is a town role. not gonna dip too far down the meta hole though.

also note that I have not voted because I'm not trying to rush D1

seems a little too self-conscious imo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Also if we assume there are 3 mafia men which i don't think is unreasonable in a game this size then one of them must be voting for me right now!! Otherwise they would lynch me and end the Hyper Important Day 1 Discussion, thus sealing town's fate (which would be doom!!)

Or you are scum. ;). Or they don't want to be super obvious on d1?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My reasoning for giving FL my treat is simple. There's a cat in their avatar.
After a year, this has finally paid off.

Jimmy Hats posted:

This seems awfully overblown.

Preview edit: KB beat me to it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
So I am still active this game. Have read it all, no real opinion. Jimmy hat lynch js dumb. Work is insane cuz of end of month stuff that didn't get done. Love u all

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

So I am still active this game. Have read it all, no real opinion. Jimmy hat lynch js dumb. Work is insane cuz of end of month stuff that didn't get done. Love u all

I ask you this then. Who is a better lynch?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I ask you this then. Who is a better lynch?

Gimme 3 hours or so and I'll do a write up on derp

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Therr's one too many jimmys.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Somberbrero posted:

this is a good point but i think people are just being real casual with their treats.

Wait so is it a good point? You kind of contradict yourself here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The good point is that people are super generous in giving their treats to FL without him clearing himself and that's odd.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a huge bozo and love 2 knock over lamps

Oh also everyone post your character's name i have a theory

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tired Moritz posted:

The good point is that people are super generous in giving their treats to FL without him clearing himself and that's odd.

It's not really odd if people are just being casual with their treats, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why are they super casual?!

• Locked thread