Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

JackGeneric posted:

Know what we're sorely lacking? Spreadsheets.

The Form
The Results

Jack, can you delete the q where I misspelled Mac? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Jack, can you delete the q where I misspelled Mac? tia

Gladly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
How bad/good is the multiplayer so far? i am one of those sad fucks who buys cod for the singleplayer because its my equivalent to a summer blockbuster/guilty pleasure.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Dapper_Swindler posted:

How bad/good is the multiplayer so far? i am one of those sad fucks who buys cod for the singleplayer because its my equivalent to a summer blockbuster/guilty pleasure.

Based on the beta, it played similarly to Black Ops 3, but with a lot more reasons to fall over dead before you're able to react. Map design got away from some of Treyarch's more obnoxious tendencies (every map must have 3 lanes, dom flags must always be in a line, wall-running can only be used for flanking routes) but they're still a mixed bag.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

JackGeneric posted:

Based on the beta, it played similarly to Black Ops 3, but with a lot more reasons to fall over dead before you're able to react. Map design got away from some of Treyarch's more obnoxious tendencies (every map must have 3 lanes, dom flags must always be in a line, wall-running can only be used for flanking routes) but they're still a mixed bag.

Plus it's neo-Infinity Ward so we're probably getting more unbalanced poo poo. SMGs be SMGs, ARs have low recoil, Snipers have Aim Assist, LMGs have Man-At-Arms/better handling... but shotguns got straight hosed from Blops 3.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Beta post-mortem report from IW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5a2b6y/what_we_learned_from_the_call_of_duty_infinite/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The maps took a step back to MW3, and so did the netcode.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
why is there aim assist on snipers at any point including fully ADS

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

quote:

• Domination: When you step off a flag, the current capture bar progress starts to decay. The rate of this decay has been halved from the Beta. This allows players to hop off a flag to defend it and then get back on the flag with less progress loss

is this new? could this be a better solution to half capping?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BLOPS 3 had a... one second delay? before it reset as I recall.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That sounds like a lot of nice changes. I might end up playing this dumb game.

Titanfall 2 doesn't seem to being doing so hot. :negative:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

why is there aim assist on snipers at any point including fully ADS

loving seconded ugh :negative:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

That sounds like a lot of nice changes. I might end up playing this dumb game.

Titanfall 2 doesn't seem to being doing so hot. :negative:

As they say, give it a bit. It might pick up. It's pretty fun.

Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about the non-IWMP/IWCampaign bits of this release.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ok I gave in and ordered the MW remake package

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

One of these days, I should host a lobby where some of you MP folks learn how to deal with an english bastard's design philosophy in terms of story and game shoot a zombie.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone preorder games from Best Buy here? Will their free shipping get me the game on release, or am I going to have to go to the store and get it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

have you tried calling their toll-free number and asking

Seriously though, if it doesn't explicitly say release/same-day shipping, it ain't happening on release day.
If only Canada had either... :smith:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Meanwhile, Sony be loving up. Last I checked- circa 2:30 PM PST- preloading wasn't possible yet. But then loving Xbox gets their preload in.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
why in the lord's name is anyone buying this digitally

Mill Village posted:

Anyone preorder games from Best Buy here?

no because if you have amazon prime you get 20% off preorders & new titles. so I got the MW remastered edition for $63 shipped with guaranteed delivery on friday. all I have to deal with is installing & updating with the potential to offload on the used market if it really sucks (aka what I should have done with AW)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Because it is the year 2016 and people can afford to be lazy.

Or to avoid having a sad physical pile of games.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 1, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I suppose you still pay for things with cash, too. :rolleyes:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol just loving lol if you buy physical media ityool 2016.

I'm upgrading my PS4 HD this weekend though. Games are big and I want to keep them all installed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just a few more days, I enjoyed the beta even if its busted state and remastered will just be amazing all around.

I mean at least everyone can get the broken rear end guns instead of having to worry them randomly dropping from crates.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

I suppose you still pay for things with cash, too. :rolleyes:

ill start paying for things in cash as soon as the gov't starts giving me travel rewards :twisted:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol just loving lol if you buy physical media ityool 2016.

I'm upgrading my PS4 HD this weekend though. Games are big and I want to keep them all installed.

you buy digital media but didn't immediately replace your internal PS4 HD with a 2tb WD portable drive, smh

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Dumb question time.

I played Blops 3 a fair bit before getting distracted by life. Enjoyed the hell out of it. The next game to fill my shootman hole was Overwatch, but I got bored with that recently.

I bought Battlefield 1 which is great, but I don't have people to play with which significantly hinders my ability to play effectively. Bought Titanfall 2 which is ok but the population (on Xbox One) already seems to be dropping.

Neither of those games is fitting the shootman shaped hole in my life. My dumb question is, how different is Infinite Warfare compared to Blops 3? Like, should I pony up for the new game or is it not terribly different? I'm not worried about the Blops 3 player base dropping too much, I know people will play that in droves til Blops 4 comes out.

Additionally, as someone who never played Modern Warfare, would the remaster of that still entertain?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

trash person posted:

Neither of those games is fitting the shootman shaped hole in my life. My dumb question is, how different is Infinite Warfare compared to Blops 3? Like, should I pony up for the new game or is it not terribly different? I'm not worried about the Blops 3 player base dropping too much, I know people will play that in droves til Blops 4 comes out.

Additionally, as someone who never played Modern Warfare, would the remaster of that still entertain?

Infinite Warfare is a copy of Black Ops 3 with lovely maps and pay-to-win microtransactions. But nobody is here to play that, everyone is going to play Modern Warfare Remastered and this will be the last Call of Duty game that will sell well.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Superanos posted:

Infinite Warfare is a copy of Black Ops 3 with lovely maps and pay-to-win microtransactions. But nobody is here to play that, everyone is going to play Modern Warfare Remastered and this will be the last Call of Duty game that will sell well.

Until we get MW2 Remastered, or China CoD.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Superanos posted:

:agreed:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Superanos posted:

Actually it's better than BLOPS3 in every way since you can craft the poo poo you actually want rather than go the entire year rolling on poo poo and ending with 2 ranged weapons and the maps were mostly good. MWR will remain the buggy piece of poo poo game it was a decade ago with slow rear end movement and endless nade span.

I'm with Javes. I rather play in the fun future jump land.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You mean Titanfall 2?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Superanos posted:

They still have MW2 remastered to prop up the next game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Assuming they keep up the remake trend and don't just immediately about face and set the next COD in WWI/WW2 and we get a WaW remake, then here's hoping that by 2018 when IW gets another go at a game that we get MW2 Remastered.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It has to survive a Sledgehammer installment so if they had planned WaW remastered to combat Battlefield 1 it would have been smart. They could save MW2 remastered for the next Infinity Ward.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Actually it's better than BLOPS3 in every way since you can craft the poo poo you actually want rather than go the entire year rolling on poo poo and ending with 2 ranged weapons and the maps were mostly good. MWR will remain the buggy piece of poo poo game it was a decade ago with slow rear end movement and endless nade span.

While you can save up the scrap to craft a specific gun, remember that crafting is like a tech tree, you have to craft every tier of a gun if you want the top one.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

And you only get scrap from box purchases, which have a slower cryptokey rate than BLOPS 3.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
There's some in game challenges that give scrap but yeah the earn rate in the beta was ridiculously slow, and they had even said it was turned up for the beta.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BrokenKnees posted:

While you can save up the scrap to craft a specific gun, remember that crafting is like a tech tree, you have to craft every tier of a gun if you want the top one.

It's still direct progression to the poo poo you want rather than just pure randomness. And I'm sure they'll do double XP/scrap/key weekends to keep that carrot dangling in front of players.

I don't know. I'm kinda really optimistic of the game after the beta. A hell of a lot more than MWR which I just don't see myself sinking a lot of time into.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the maps were mostly good.

Did you even play the beta? Because wow, is this ever wrong, unless MW3 was your favourite CoD. The maps are even less imaginative than BLOPS 3 when it comes to exploiting the modern movement system; which was already a step back from AW's multilevel madness.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 1, 2016

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Frontier didn't have any spots where the movement system even made sense, it would work on a COD game without the boost abilities. I only remember one spot where you had to double jump and you could just put stairs in there.

Frontier is also one of the worst COD maps ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Did you even play the beta? Because wow, is this ever wrong, unless MW3 was your favourite CoD. The maps are even less imaginative than BLOPS 3 when it comes to exploiting the modern movement system; which was already a step back from AW's multilevel madness.

The Chinese city one was my favorite. The farm one was pretty meh, reminded of the train station map in MW3 I think. The ice map I got used to because of how often it showed up. The no gravity one was just a couple of death lanes next to one another.

i liked mw3

• Locked thread