Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

Nah, it's continuation of the e, f, from the previous section.
They used to be one sequence (e, f, g, h, then i), but they failed to (manually) correct the i into c.

(Basing this on the fact there's no ii nor anything after that last one.)

Well!

That's what I get for trying to defend CIG. I figured they had to do something right somewhere.

I know, I should have known better. :(

I hope Lazrin and MoMA come to rescue me now.

:xat ettaC

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Well!

That's what I get for trying to defend CIG. I figured they had to do something right somewhere.

I know, I should have known better. :(

I hope Lazrin and MoMA come to rescue me now.

I was fond of giving them the benefit of the doubt earlier on, too. Figured, how do you gently caress this poo poo up this bad? Surely not. Surely, surely they aren't this stupid.

But no, there's always more and it's always worse.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

"What a unique, creative, and non-copyright-infringing hairdo they've come up with for Star Citizen ladies!" - Laloo Dellas

I got a last second bottom-page snype and I refuse to accept it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Female avatars coming any day now...

Ironic twist of fate heralding to Hitchcock himself:

They are all digital scans of Sandi.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This guy is great. Paragraphs to write "No. :(" but saying that word would mean defeat somehow to the goon threat.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

"What a unique, creative, and non-copyright-infringing hairdo they've come up with for Star Citizen ladies!" - Laloo Dellas

Beet Wagon posted:

I got a last second bottom-page snype and I refuse to accept it.

:page3:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Sandi's comment on Twitter: "Hair simulation - Mark tells me it's difficult!" Difficult, and I would suggest also one of the last things you should be working on in a space sim. But then I just don't understand game development.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
You can't really judge the hairdo from that pic, tho.
Those red surfaces will have transparency maps applied to them, changing their apparent shape quite a bit.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

You can't really judge the hairdo from that pic, tho.
Those red surfaces will have transparency maps applied to them, changing their apparent shape quite a bit.

:ssh:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

meanwhile in Mass Effect universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPkv7DmeM1A

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 1, 2016

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

My countdown timer is showing 2 days 10 hours.... Hmmmm. Squadron 42 the Activision version review bombs incoming. Reading how COD:IW is nothing when compared to what Star Citizen will be might be more entertaining than playing the game.

On the review front: I had several accounts. Always thought the hassle of dealing with CIG for a bunch of $45-$65 accounts wouldn't be worth my time. The refund process couldn't have been easier. Every single refund was complete from request to refund in 72 hours. Involved two messages--the initial request and a reply to an "are you sure?" initial reply. Thanks Derek, Streetroller, and Moma--without you guys I doubt I'd have the cash back.

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 1, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

I was fond of giving them the benefit of the doubt earlier on, too. Figured, how do you gently caress this poo poo up this bad? Surely not. Surely, surely they aren't this stupid.

But no, there's always more and it's always worse.

The inevitable reality of CIG.

But it's so profitable!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Says content unavailable.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Head_export_2mb_mb*

So that's head number '2' apparently.

Or it's 2mb in size, as a basic mesh, with first stages of floppy hair.

Maybe they could cut it down by removing Gerard Depardieu's nose from the mesh and going with something a bit more feminine.

e; I wonder if they've run into cryengines hard limits on vertices yet.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 1, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

Sandi's comment on Twitter: "Hair simulation - Mark tells me it's difficult!" Difficult, and I would suggest also one of the last things you should be working on in a space sim. But then I just don't understand game development.

But it'll look good in those new non playable demo reels to get more money.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Will this finally be the time a blog is :awesome: and not :flaccid:.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Says content unavailable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPkv7DmeM1A

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

Head_export_2mb_mb*

So that's head number '2' apparently.

Or it's 2mb in size, as a basic mesh, with first stages of floppy hair.

Maybe they could cut it down by removing Gerard Depardieu's nose from the mesh and going with something a bit more feminine.

If it's not Sandi, it probably will not be allowed to be prettier than her for a while.

Looking forward to the final result. Will defiantly buy in then with the Stalker pack.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
all this pizza talks makes me want pizza, might get a nice Hawaiian ;)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Jared had an old website full of jokes? It'd be pretty funny.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

It seems that this is part of a new marketing campaign that is called the "Andromeda Initiative". We will know more about this on Nov 7th.

http://x.ea.com/25657

Looking forward to this..they better not gently caress this up, ME4 is a game I expect to be good and fun to play.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

MeLKoR posted:

That call better not be on collect! HAW! HAW! HAW!

But those are the only kind of calls you can make from jail... thanks for ruining open development.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Dante80 posted:

It seems that this is part of a new marketing campaign that is called the "Andromeda Initiative". We will know more about this on Nov 7th.

http://x.ea.com/25657

Looking forward to this..they better not gently caress this up, ME4 is a game I expect to be good and fun to play.

just signing you up to a mailing list LOL

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

tuo posted:

Grilled eel, ideally over charcoal. I could die for that. The fat renders out and basically fries the meat during grilling. Also great when done yakitori style.

But hard to get sometimes, and eel is endangered in some places, so maybe a no-no.

Eating eel is literally worse than anything in your country's history :colbert:

:godwinning:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grill some mackerel with salt, toss that onto a bowl of rice, you got yourself a breakfast.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

well looks like refund is proceeding. Had to sort something out due to my paypal being in my LLC's name instead of my own but looks to hopefully be sorted.

Torn between getting a VR headset or more guns and ammo. I am going to get a DNA test for our dogge though. See exactly what kind of mutt he is...

Better do it before ILLary confiscates all weapons.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Seriously though, there are no "local populations" of eels, they're migratory and you shouldn't eat them because they're pretty much fossils nowadays

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Seriously though, there are no "local populations" of eels, they're migratory and you shouldn't eat them because they're pretty much fossils nowadays

they've lived long enough

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Does anyone remember when the funniest thing about Star Citizen was the guy fantasizing about hauling slaves in his cargohold and then depressurizing it when the space cops pulled him over so he would only get fined for illegally hauling corpses instead of human trafficking?

We've come a long way.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

What the gently caress's the point of colonizing another galaxy though

seriously

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

thatguy posted:

Suck it Beer.

Harsh, banned until 2.6.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You guys like sweet Star Citizen fanfic?

http://www.spacedebrisprop.com/sc-phantoms.html

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Just noticed Chris said "we hope to have 3.0 out before Dec 19th" he didn't specify which year.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Spakstik posted:

Does anyone remember when the funniest thing about Star Citizen was the guy fantasizing about hauling slaves in his cargohold and then depressurizing it when the space cops pulled him over so he would only get fined for illegally hauling corpses instead of human trafficking?

We've come a long way.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Propagandist posted:

"Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

I legit want to give you Oomox now

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is going to be a rough month for CIG.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
To hell with being a star citizen. I want to be a galactic citizen.

Where do i sign up? Oh yeah. Here.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:same: even the farmed ones are bad as poo poo cause most of 'em start out wildcaught anyway. Which sucks because eel is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

:same: even the farmed ones are bad as poo poo cause most of 'em start out wildcaught anyway. Which sucks because eel is delicious.

eels take ages to mature, I'd trust "farmed" eel as much as I would trust free-range farmed galapagos tortoise

• Locked thread